PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day

BILLSROCK1212
08-27-2006, 10:56 PM
Opening day my be the perfect time for us to play the Pats. They may be playing without Bruschi and Branch. There defense is still pretty mediocre and injury prone. They don't have McGinest too. Dillon isn't the threat he once was and Laurence Maroney will have the presure of a rookie competing for a future job. our cornerbacks should be able to shut down any WR that they have even if Branch comes out and plays. Our defense should be able to take care of their offense and our offense should be able to out run their defense. I like our chances of winning on opening day in Gillette stadium. That would be sweat. Any thoughts?

OpIv37
08-27-2006, 10:59 PM
Our D isn't ready and Brady is going to rip us to shreds.

it's baptism by fire for Jauron- going head to head against the best coach the NFL has seen in years.

The Bills traditionally struggle against the Pats.

The Bills traditionally struggle on the road.

Bruschi will be playing.

Our run D has looked awful so I think Dillon will have a good day.

This one's got disaster written all over it. I'll be satisfied if the Bills just make a game out of it and don't get completel embarrassed- satisfied, but not happy. I'm never happy after a loss.

BILLSROCK1212
08-27-2006, 11:03 PM

it's baptism by fire for Jauron- going head to head against the best coach the NFL has seen in years.

Bruschi will be playing.

This one's got disaster written all over it. I'll be satisfied if the Bills just make a game out of it and don't get completel embarrassed- satisfied, but not happy. I'm never happy after a loss.

last year it was a game and they were better than they are now and we r better than we were then

PromoTheRobot
08-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Most of you know I'm one of the biggest homers around here, but I really doubt the Bills will win that game. The team still looks like they aren't getting it yet. They're improving, and by the bye week I think they'll be pretty good. But training camp is going to last a few weeks into the season for the Bills. Not saying it's impossible, just highly unlikely.

PTR

Billscusey
08-27-2006, 11:26 PM
last year it was a game and they were better than they are now and we r better than we were then

Good Point!

dplus47
08-28-2006, 12:53 AM
the bills might possibly win if mcgahee gets between 25-30 carries. the pats had a hard time stopping him in that sunday nighter last year, and the passing game wasn't even a threat then. belichick is hell on young QB's though, so it could be a tough one if the pats get the lead early.

JoeMama
08-28-2006, 12:57 AM
The main disadvantage to playing the Pats at home is that they seem to have our number there.

We haven't won in Gillette in years.

And understand, I like the fact that Deion Brance won't be playing (most likely) & that Charlie Weis & Romeo Crennel are now two years removed.

But it's gonna be a very difficult game to win despite the setbacks the Pats have dealt with.

Especially since Bet Watson apparently owns the Cover 2 defense.

feelthepain
08-28-2006, 01:09 AM
Opening day my be the perfect time for us to play the Pats. They may be playing without Bruschi and Branch. There defense is still pretty mediocre and injury prone.

You obviously haven't been to the Pats boards lately, they think their team is unbeatable. Most Pat fans from what I'm reading think they are eaisly a 15 win team.

Throne Logic
08-28-2006, 01:41 AM

Bruschi will be playing.

While I agree that Buffalo is a long-shot to win this one, there are a few points I'd like to make here.

First, "traditionally" is pretty much out the window when you have a clean sweep of management and coaching staff.

I also agree that BB is a fantastic game planner. However, that makes this season-opening matchup more advantageous for Buffalo as BB won't have the benefit of previous game film to study. Do I think this is a huge factor? No. But I'll take anything we can get vs. BB and the Pats in Patland.

My jury is out regarding any aspect of this team, including rush D, until we start playing for keeps. I don't believe that pre-season is the time and place to evaluate entire units.

bills_7
08-28-2006, 01:52 AM
Im confident we can give them ago... who knows what will hapn its the NFL..

i still think the Div will go like this...

Miami 11-5
Buf (8-8 to 10-6)
pats 7-9
jets 6-10

bledslow
08-28-2006, 03:15 AM
Opening day my be the perfect time for us to play the Pats. They may be playing without Bruschi and Branch. There defense is still pretty mediocre and injury prone. They don't have McGinest too. Dillon isn't the threat he once was and Laurence Maroney will have the presure of a rookie competing for a future job. our cornerbacks should be able to shut down any WR that they have even if Branch comes out and plays. Our defense should be able to take care of their offense and our offense should be able to out run their defense. I like our chances of winning on opening day in Gillette stadium. That would be sweat. Any thoughts?

And mcgahee will have the pressure of trying too recover from a bust season,and the bills first round pick will have the pressure of trying to stop tom brady-

dillon was hurt last year and should be fully healthy for week 1,and rookie rb's have the easiest time compared to any other position in the nfl---

Two huge guys from there previous sb are back in gay and harrison.rodney looks back and is ready too hurt humans again. even warfield should be able too cover any one of those bills receivers consistently---and hobbs is the real deal like he showed last year.And since when have the bills secondary been able too cover the pats receivers besides the fluke opener of 03????

The pats secondary is the most healthy its been since the last sb. and there is nobody on the bills receiving core to worry about with losman at the helm,even montana couldn't work his magic with this bills receiving core vs this pats secondary.---price is done,parrish is a stiff and evans will be lost without moulds too take the pressure off him vs non vanilla defenses(like last year when the pats secondary was destroyed with injuries and evans and every other bills receiver did nothing special).

troy brown can still get the job done,and watson/graham and faulk should/will eat up this bills defense.And the football world will also hear of childress this year as i expect him to catch a few passes vs the bills,he's very similar to brown in style. -i consider the first 2 weeks of the season as bye weeks(bills/jets).

and there is a good chance bruschi might play.

BostonHerald.com - N.E. Patriots: Tuna has lots to own up to: He grudgingly must defer
Address:http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=154662

Historian
08-28-2006, 04:43 AM
I'm predicting a very hard fought 13-14 loss.

LtFinFan66
08-28-2006, 04:45 AM
The Pats D seemed fine against the Skins (41-0)