PDA

View Full Version : Excuse me, I just have to do this..

mybills
08-28-2006, 07:53 AM
:lolpoint: Peerless Price Haters.

Historian
08-28-2006, 07:55 AM
I have to agree.

Looks like he never left.

mybills
08-28-2006, 08:20 AM
He also looked like he was having fun! :up:
JP's been known to over throw, too, so when he threw that bomb (on the run mind you) Price's speed was also a factor. It was absolutely beautiful! :bf1:

OpIv37
08-28-2006, 08:24 AM
are you two on crack?

Granted he looked good on Saturday, but he's had what- two catches in 3 preseason games?

I think it's a little early to be touting his glorious return.

ICE74129
08-28-2006, 08:25 AM
PP for the entire preseason....1 catch.

mybills
08-28-2006, 08:26 AM
They have to throw the ball to him for him to catch it.
:lolpoint: Op
:lolpoint: ICE

Dr. Lecter
08-28-2006, 08:29 AM
He needs to be open to have the ball thrown to him.

With that being said, he will do fine as a #2 WR.

OpIv37
08-28-2006, 08:34 AM
They have to throw the ball to him for him to catch it.
:lolpoint: Op
:lolpoint: ICE

he's had one catch in 3 games. This is premature ejaculation on your part.

mybills
08-28-2006, 08:35 AM
That too, Doc. This is for all of those who said he wouldn't do anything, lost his speed, etc.
and yes, he will do fine as a #2 WR. :up:

OpIv37
08-28-2006, 08:37 AM
That too, Doc. This is for all of those who said he wouldn't do anything, lost his speed, etc.
and yes, he will do fine as a #2 WR. :up:

you're basing all this one ONE CATCH IN ONE PRESEASON GAME.

You know, there was a game in 2004 when Mark Campbell caught 3 TD passes- does that mean he's as good as Antonio Gates?

mybills
08-28-2006, 08:39 AM
Where do you guys get only 1 catch from?

OpIv37
08-28-2006, 08:43 AM

I know he didn't have any in the first 2 preseason games.

He had the TD catch- I seem to remember one more catch- ICE is saying he only had one.

Either way the point holds true- two preseason plays don't make a player. You say they haven't been throwing him the ball- well that means two things- 1. he's not getting open. 2. he's not doing good enough in practice for the coach to put him on the field with the starters.

Basically, the signs from Saturday's game were encouraging but they don't mean anything yet.

mybills
08-28-2006, 08:45 AM
It's ok, I know you're a neg nancy. :pet:

LtFinFan66
08-28-2006, 08:45 AM
Never, ever thought I would agree with both Op and ICE. Let's hold off on the laughing till he shows a little worth in games that count.

mybills
08-28-2006, 08:47 AM
or 3, JP favors Lee Evans.

ICE74129
08-28-2006, 08:49 AM
or 3, JP favors Lee Evans. Why wouldn't he? Kelly-Reed, Montana/Young-rice, Manning-Harrison etc.

mybills
08-28-2006, 08:51 AM
um, pay attention, ICE. That is another "reason" to go with Op's 2 reasons.
1. he's not getting open. 2. he's not doing good enough in practice for the coach to put him on the field with the starters.

ICE74129
08-28-2006, 08:54 AM
um, pay attention, ICE. That is another "reason" to go with Op's 2 reasons.
1. he's not getting open. 2. he's not doing good enough in practice for the coach to put him on the field with the starters.

And I agree with BOTH of OP's statements. Price has to pick it up this week. he will make the squad, I have no doubt of that, but I don't want to see Reed starting.

mybills
08-28-2006, 08:57 AM
See justa's thread...he put it best. Nice to see JP TRUST another wr BESIDES Lee Evans. That's what I mean by him favoring Lee. Price needs the ball more, because look what he can do when he gets it! :up:

SquishDaFish
08-28-2006, 09:02 AM
He has 2 or 3 catches not 1

Historian
08-28-2006, 09:10 AM

ICE is saying he only had one.

OMG! Somebody call Patti...the world is about to end.

:D

mysticsoto
08-28-2006, 09:12 AM
are you two on crack?

Granted he looked good on Saturday, but he's had what- two catches in 3 preseason games?

I think it's a little early to be touting his glorious return.

What??? Price didn't have was a bunch of drops, or a hesitation on what route to run on a blitz...like Reed!!!

LtFinFan66
08-28-2006, 09:13 AM
He has 2 or 3 catches not 1WRONG SIR! I just went to NFL.com and checked your 3 preseason games. 1 catch 54 yards 1 TD.....that's all. Sorry
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20060812_BUF@CAR
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20060818_CIN@BUF

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20060826_CLE@BUF

OpIv37
08-28-2006, 09:14 AM
What??? Price didn't have was a bunch of drops, or a hesitation on what route to run on a blitz...like Reed!!!

well being better than Reed isn't the same as being good.

Chris Villarial is better than Bennie Anderson, but he still sucks.

mybills
08-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Do they keep stats on catches that were made, but a flag negated it?

LtFinFan66
08-28-2006, 09:16 AM
no

OpIv37
08-28-2006, 09:17 AM
Do they keep stats on catches that were made, but a flag negated it?

no- the penalty makes it like the play never happened. But if you go back and read the printed play-by-play, the info should be in there.

LtFinFan66
08-28-2006, 09:19 AM
can't really count those plays anyway mybills, without the penalty, the play may have never happened

Jan Reimers
08-28-2006, 09:20 AM
Peerless is new to JP, who has been going more to the guys he's familiar with - Evans, Reed and Aiken. But I think JP and PP will get some chemistry going, particularly if Evans gets a lot of double teaming.

PP still seems to have a lot left.

mybills
08-28-2006, 09:21 AM
no- the penalty makes it like the play never happened. But if you go back and read the printed play-by-play, the info should be in there.
I know, Op. I just wanted to see the word "no" because I'm pretty sure he caught another one in mid field, but a flag was thrown. I had to watch the game at 6am though, so I wasn't fully awake. :idunno:

OpIv37
08-28-2006, 09:23 AM
I know, Op. I just wanted to see the word "no" because I'm pretty sure he caught another one in mid field, but a flag was thrown. I had to watch the game at 6am though, so I wasn't fully awake. :idunno:

yeah I think that was the play where good ol' Chris Villarial was lined up off the LOS from the guard position- that's probably why I remember Price having more than one catch.

Side note: We got rid of Bennie the Human Penalty but caught Villarial Disease. Great.

LtFinFan66
08-28-2006, 09:24 AM
I know, Op. I just wanted to see the word "no" because I'm pretty sure he caught another one in mid field, but a flag was thrown. I had to watch the game at 6am though, so I wasn't fully awake. :idunno:Here ya go mybils

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 id=play vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg3 align=left>3-8-BUF23</TD><TD class=bg3 align=left>(12:33) (Shotgun) J.Losman pass left to P.Price to BUF 42 for 19 yards (D.Holly).
PENALTY on BUF-C.Villarrial, Illegal Formation, 5 yards, enforced at BUF 23 - No Play

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

mybills
08-28-2006, 09:25 AM
laugh and cry at your side note.

Historian
08-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Try and be fair, OP.

The guy was an excellent #2 while here, and can be again, with a speed burner on the other side of the line, ala Moulds/Evans.

alohabillsfan
08-28-2006, 09:26 AM
Would you rather have him with 4 catches or 1 that is worth 6 points?:bandwagon

mybills
08-28-2006, 09:27 AM
WRONG SIR! I just went to NFL.com and checked your 3 preseason games. 1 catch 54 yards 1 TD.....that's all. Sorry

:lolpoint: Lt

LtFinFan66
08-28-2006, 09:29 AM
:lolpoint: Ltand you are laughing at me why:idunno: He had ONE CATCH

:lolpoint:mybills

SquishDaFish
08-28-2006, 09:30 AM
OH my bad I remember him catching 2 passes and dont remember called back for flag.

OpIv37
08-28-2006, 09:31 AM
Try and be fair, OP.

The guy was an excellent #2 while here, and can be again, with a speed burner on the other side of the line, ala Moulds/Evans.

well I've already had this discussion several times on this board, but here we go again.

I don't want to take away from what Price did while he was here, but the fact is that he did it almost 4 years ago in an ideal situation: in a pass-happy offense with a big-armed QB and a perennial all-pro lined up on the other side. Since he left, he's done nothing.

Now, I've been *****ing about Nate Clements since about halfway through last season, and everyone on this board keeps telling me "it's not him- it's the system". Well, if the wrong system can HURT a player, doesn't it stand to reason that a GOOD system can also BENEFIT a player?

Based on the last 3 years, Price seems to be one of these guys who can only excel in the perfect situation, and whether or not we have that situation remains to be seen. Oh, and don't forget he's 3 years older- that's never a good sign for a skill position player.

mybills
08-28-2006, 09:33 AM
We need SOME veterans to show the puppies how it's done. :D

OpIv37
08-28-2006, 09:33 AM
Would you rather have him with 4 catches or 1 that is worth 6 points?:bandwagon

I'd rather have consistent players- consistency breeds success, not a bunch of players who are generally mediocre but go off once every 3-4 games.

Historian
08-28-2006, 09:49 AM
well I've already had this discussion several times on this board, but here we go again.

I don't want to take away from what Price did while he was here, but the fact is that he did it almost 4 years ago in an ideal situation: in a pass-happy offense with a big-armed QB and a perennial all-pro lined up on the other side. Since he left, he's done nothing.

I would counter with....we have a big-armed QB now. And I think, based on the run blocking I've seen, that we're going to be throwing a lot. JMO.

Now, I've been *****ing about Nate Clements since about halfway through last season, and everyone on this board keeps telling me "it's not him- it's the system". Well, if the wrong system can HURT a player, doesn't it stand to reason that a GOOD system can also BENEFIT a player?

Sure....and I think SF's systems are very WR friendly. I think PP can excel in it.

Based on the last 3 years, Price seems to be one of these guys who can only excel in the perfect situation, and whether or not we have that situation remains to be seen. Oh, and don't forget he's 3 years older- that's never a good sign for a skill position player.

Based on what I saw the other night, he hasn't lost a step. I'll grant you it was only Cleveland, but I was happy when he re-signed...and after Saturday's game...I'm just giddy.

justasportsfan
08-28-2006, 09:54 AM
who's Peerless Price? :idunno:

mysticsoto
08-28-2006, 10:00 AM

Based on his last 3 years, Price hasn't done too much since he left. But he proved that next to a real #1 WR, he can produce. We have a real #1 receiver in Evans!

Based on Reeds last couple of years (except rookie) he's done nothing also. So why should Reed exceed Price? Price is faster than Reed and can catch better. This game, he showed flashes of what he still can do. I have yet to see flashes of anything good from Reed. He drops what...2-3 catches a game - and always on a 3rd and something and critical play. He got to have the record for ending drives for us!!!

Every year I hear the same thing - "Reed has potential. This is the last year we should give him a chance." And every year...he does nothing.

OpIv37
08-28-2006, 10:03 AM
who's Peerless Price? :idunno:

some blind guy who got a job through the NFL's active hiring program for people with disabilities.

justasportsfan
08-28-2006, 10:05 AM
some blind guy who got a job through the NFL's active hiring program for people with disabilities.
ah, the guy who should never be given a second chance or given a benefit of a doubt?

Bill Cody
08-28-2006, 10:06 AM
Peerles Price = decent #2 receiver

Josh Reed = dog with fleas

OpIv37
08-28-2006, 10:06 AM
Based on his last 3 years, Price hasn't done too much since he left. But he proved that next to a real #1 WR, he can produce. We have a real #1 receiver in Evans!

Based on Reeds last couple of years (except rookie) he's done nothing also. So why should Reed exceed Price? Price is faster than Reed and can catch better. This game, he showed flashes of what he still can do. I have yet to see flashes of anything good from Reed. He drops what...2-3 catches a game - and always on a 3rd and something and critical play. He got to have the record for ending drives for us!!!

Every year I hear the same thing - "Reed has potential. This is the last year we should give him a chance." And every year...he does nothing.

I agree completely on Reed.

OpIv37
08-28-2006, 10:08 AM
ah, the guy who should never be given a second chance or given a benefit of a doubt?

This again?

Once again, what's wrong with finding proven players instead of a collection of guys who need a "second chance"? Granted, given salary cap limitations and the difficulty of attracting players to Buffalo, we can't always get the guys we want. But we have 3 "second chance" guys at WR alone- Price, Davis and Reed. We can do better than that.

justasportsfan
08-28-2006, 10:10 AM
Every year I hear the same thing - "Reed has potential. This is the last year we should give him a chance." And every year...he does nothing.I disagree, while he wasn't anything great, he was the only one who offered an extending hand to JP when he was thrown under the bus by the vets. He bailed out JP a lot last year.

justasportsfan
08-28-2006, 10:12 AM
This again?

Once again, what's wrong with finding proven players instead of a collection of guys who need a "second chance"? Granted, given salary cap limitations and the difficulty of attracting players to Buffalo, we can't always get the guys we want. But we have 3 "second chance" guys at WR alone- Price, Davis and Reed. We can do better than that.
you're too stubborn to realize the flaw of your logic. You will be eating your crow soon enough.

Players, coaches that have been given 2nd chances have made HOF. Not saying Price is one of them but bringing them in for a closer look is not a bad thing.

OpIv37
08-28-2006, 10:17 AM
you're too stubborn to realize the flaw of your logic. You will be eating your crow soon enough.

Players, coaches that have been given 2nd chances have made HOF. Not saying Price is one of them but bringing them in for a closer look is not a bad thing.

and players, coaches that have been given second chances have also failed miserably- case and point: Aaron Gibson was just cut.

Look, it's not realistic to think that in the salary cap age, we can get away with never having to take on "second chance" guys and hope for the best. What I'm saying is that we can do better than having 3 at one position.

justasportsfan
08-28-2006, 10:19 AM
and players, coaches that have been given second chances have also failed miserably- case and point: Aaron Gibson was just cut.

.I agree. but who's to say a player should nver be given a 2nd chance? You? What did Gibson cost us?

OpIv37
08-28-2006, 10:29 AM
I agree. but who's to say a player should nver be given a 2nd chance? You? What did Gibson cost us?

opportunity cost. Because Gibson was on the roster, someone else wasn't. But who knows- maybe of all the available guys, he was the one with the most "potential" so the opportunity cost was worth the price.

justasportsfan
08-28-2006, 10:33 AM
opportunity cost. Because Gibson was on the roster, someone else wasn't. But who knows- maybe of all the available guys, he was the one with the most "potential" so the opportunity cost was worth the price.:roflmao:

OpIv37
08-28-2006, 10:38 AM
:roflmao:

I don't know why you find that so funny- it's a legitimate economic concept. In my masters' classes they taught us to consider opportunity costs when deciding how to allocate limited resources.

For all we know, having Gibson on the roster kept us from signing a UDFA who will become the next Jason Peters.

Jeff1220
08-28-2006, 10:45 AM
JP seems to think Peerless has been getting open...

JP Losman on PP:
"I had to step up a little bit and Peerless has been winning his one-on-one matchups quite a bit and I'm so happy that we finally got to hook up on one of those because he has been winning his battles often,"

Maybe JP is assigning the blame for PP's lack of catch catches to himself.

justasportsfan
08-28-2006, 10:51 AM
For all we know, having Gibson on the roster kept us from signing a UDFA who will become the next Jason Peters. but you said we should bring in only PROVEN players?

BTW, players like Jason Peters are "the exception to the rule, not the rule " I don't think you should be using him as an example either. He was unproven and given a second chance. Peters was a "BENEFIT of a doubt" :snicker:

BY saying UDFA ,isn't that what Peerless is? Because we brought him in, we may have found our no. 2.

Haha! someone screwed up his own logic. You need to ask a refund from your college where you got your masters.

mysticsoto
08-28-2006, 10:59 AM
I disagree, while he wasn't anything great, he was the only one who offered an extending hand to JP when he was thrown under the bus by the vets. He bailed out JP a lot last year.

Whether he's a good guy personally or not can't be used in the decision making on whether he stays on the team or not. Price's skills are a much better fit for Buffalo. Mike Williams supposedly had a great personality and was very jolly. He had to go based on his play. Same for Reed. We cannot afford to keep people who drop balls consistently when we have people like Wilson grasping for a roster spot with flypaper and gecko like grips on their hands and people like Price who are adjusting to this offense and beginning to produce!!! Roster spots are too rare and being a good WR blocker is not enough for the #2 spot!!! Catching comes first!!!

OpIv37
08-28-2006, 11:03 AM
but you said we should bring in only PROVEN players?

BTW, players like Jason Peters are "the exception to the rule, not the rule " I don't think you should be using him as an example either. He was unproven and given a second chance. Peters was a "BENEFIT of a doubt" :snicker:

BY saying UDFA ,isn't that what Peerless is? Because we brought him in, we may have found our no. 2.

Haha! someone screwed up his own logic. You need to ask a refund from your college where you got your masters.

you're making faulty comparisons. At some point teams need to replenish their teams with youth because players can't play forever and there aren't enough proven players to go around. The only way to do that is the draft and the UDFA's.

IMO, UDFA's have more of an "upside" then reclamation projects like Gibson. I didn't say you should never give anyone a second chance- you just need to be selective about who and how many players you give second chances to.

and if you're signing a UDFA, that's a FIRST chance- not a SECOND chance. UDFA's have NEVER played in the NFL, guys like Price and Gibson had years to get their acts together.

madness
08-28-2006, 11:04 AM
:lolpoint: @ anyone using the 'look at his preseason stats' on a veteran player in a new system during preseason.

They probably would have started Marques Tuiasosopo by now too.

BAM
08-28-2006, 11:14 AM
I'm busting out my Price jersey for the game vs. the Jets!!!

:hail: http://media.scout.com/Media/NFL/49_PeerlessPrice091502.JPG

justasportsfan
08-28-2006, 12:28 PM
Whether he's a good guy personally or not can't be used in the decision making on whether he stays on the team or not. Price's skills are a much better fit for Buffalo. Mike Williams supposedly had a great personality and was very jolly. He had to go based on his play. Same for Reed. We cannot afford to keep people who drop balls consistently when we have people like Wilson grasping for a roster spot with flypaper and gecko like grips on their hands and people like Price who are adjusting to this offense and beginning to produce!!! Roster spots are too rare and being a good WR blocker is not enough for the #2 spot!!! Catching comes first!!!Until a player is proven to be Reeds replacement as JP's outlet guy, Reed stays. I am not disagreeing with what Price is in this system. What I am having a problem with is Reed being given the shaft because he suffered the same faith Moulds did his entire career. That's having idiot coaches and qb changes with no OL.

There hasn't been a decent wr since Flutie left. Not 1 outstood .

mybills
08-28-2006, 12:32 PM

I could wear the one my son made me, right before he got cut. It's cute, but a little messy..it's hard to work with fabric paint. :chuckle:

justasportsfan
08-28-2006, 12:35 PM
At some point teams need to replenish their teams with youth because players can't play forever and there aren't enough proven players to go around The only way to do that is the draft and the UDFA's..Price is still young. He's been in the laegue and has had success. Bringing players whether rookies or FA's is like a tryout. Either they pan out or they don't. BUt you bring them in. Every coach in the league does that ALL THE TIME. Parcells brought in Drew, Bellichick brought in Brown and Dillon, etc. I can go on.

IMO, UDFA's have more of an "upside" then reclamation projects like Gibson. I didn't say you should never give anyone a second chance- you just need to be selective about who and how many players you give second chances to..I agree, the thing is, Fairchild was selective in bringing in Price who he thought could work in his system. I'm glad you didn't have to make that decision.

and if you're signing a UDFA, that's a FIRST chance- not a SECOND chance. UDFA's have NEVER played in the NFL, guys like Price and Gibson had years to get their acts together.It doesn't matter if its a FA or UDFA, they are in the market to be brought in because of "benefit of a doubt" so that's what happened to Price and Peters.

mysticsoto
08-28-2006, 12:45 PM
Until a player is proven to be Reeds replacement as JP's outlet guy, Reed stays. I am not disagreeing with what Price is in this system. What I am having a problem with is Reed being given the shaft because he suffered the same faith Moulds did his entire career. That's having idiot coaches and qb changes with no OL.

There hasn't been a decent wr since Flutie left. Not 1 outstood .

That might be true if he were extending himself for catches or having to jump for them. But most of the balls thrown to him by JP have hit him in the numbers or at the very least, on his hands. He drops them. I can't blame the OL, QB or the coaches for that!!!

We might actually be able to keep him on the roster b'cse Andre Davis unfortunately has done absolutely nothing. But I still think he's a waste of a roster spot.

justasportsfan
08-28-2006, 12:50 PM
But I still think he's a waste of a roster spot.we'll have to a agree to disagree. Right now, not even Parrish has proven to do anything on the field. We're not even sure if Price will be no. 2. Evans is the only proven wr on this team and as sad as it may seem, Reed is the next proven thing especially with JP at qb. Reed has ahd a better camp this year than he did in the past. Maybe JP getting better has something to do with it. I'm willing to give Reed this one last season before I call him a waste of roster spot.

Historian
08-29-2006, 06:14 AM

That's the spirit, BAM!

Billsrock4life
08-29-2006, 06:22 AM
He also looked like he was having fun! :up:
JP's been known to over throw, too, so when he threw that bomb (on the run mind you) Price's speed was also a factor. It was absolutely beautiful! :bf1:

agreed that bomb was nice