1) Cassel NE 484 yards
2) Romo Dallas 484 yards
3) Losman Buffalo 462 yards

Like I said its only preseason, but its still good news
Incidentley Evans is also number three in receiving

Kerr
08-28-2006, 10:33 AM
:up:

I expect evans and losman to put up big numbers this season.

ryjam282
08-28-2006, 11:16 AM
Agreed, I honestly believe Lee will have 85 to 100 catches this year....He really is JP's security blanket and he looks for him at least twice on every play.

Mitchy moo
08-28-2006, 11:31 AM
1) Cassel NE 484 yards
2) Romo Dallas 484 yards

Like I said its only preseason, but its still good news
Incidentley Evans is also number three in receiving

Sweet but all the realists will say 2-14 and 3-13 after their analysis. We get the easiest schedule in 5 years and are going to get killed by weak teams, not.

Inetpub
08-28-2006, 11:32 AM
These are useless stats as most teams dont play there starting QBs for 3 quarters!!! Seeing that report is absolute BS because thats bragging your 3rd place behind the other teams backups!

Although I like seeing Losman there, it means nothing going into the regulary season when the real starting QBs play and it DEFINATELY means nothing if your not going to win us a game!

Inetpub
08-28-2006, 11:34 AM
BTW, JP and Evans hookup are looking better and better. I agree with that.

:)

BAM
08-28-2006, 11:37 AM
JP for MVP!

:hail:

3rdn1
08-28-2006, 11:51 AM
PB&J go together like............. Kelly to Reed Manning to Haris Young to Rice Montana to Rice...............

LOSMAN to Evans

Yasgur's Farm
08-28-2006, 11:58 AM
These are useless stats as most teams dont play there starting QBs for 3 quarters!!! Seeing that report is absolute BS because thats bragging your 3rd place behind the other teams backups!WOW! You need to do some research big guy.
How do you like this stat...

Tom Brady - 3 g, 54 a, 35 c, 64.8%, 404 yds, 7.48 yds/a, 1 td, 0 int, 93.4 rating
JP Losman - 3 g, 57 a, 37 c, 64.9%, 464 yds, 8.14 yds/a, 2 td, 2 int, 87.0 rating

Inetpub
08-28-2006, 12:51 PM
draz54 <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote --> Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by Inetpub
These are useless stats as most teams dont play there starting QBs for 3 quarters!!! Seeing that report is absolute BS because thats bragging your 3rd place behind the other teams backups!
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->WOW! You need to do some research big guy.
How do you like this stat...

Tom Brady - 3 g, 54 a, 35 c, 64.8%, 404 yds, 7.48 yds/a, 1 td, 0 int, 93.4 rating
JP Losman - 3 g, 57 a, 37 c, 64.9%, 464 yds, 8.14 yds/a, 2 td, 2 int, 87.0 rating
Wow. That is a BAD COMPARISON! JP Losman hasnt proved anything yet to be compared to Brady. You wanna know comparisons, Brady has played 4 quarters and 1 series(opener he played only 1 series going 3/4). JP has played roughly 7 1/2 quarters. The Pats are 2-1 we are 0-3. My initial post was saying that JP has played alot this preseason. Im almost certain JP has the most playing time of ALL the QBs so far this preseason. Playing time = more chances. Most of the starting QBs have only played 4-5 quarters at most. Indy's P.Manning has only played 4 quarters.

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="center">9</td><td align="left">Peyton Manning (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12531)</td><td align="center">IND (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/IND)</td><td>3g 355yrds</td><td>39att</td><td>23com</td><td>3td</td><td>0int</td><td>44long</td><td>114.8rating</td></tr></tbody></table>Add that in the mix and I can really see Indy's QB sucks cause hes only 9th. LOL.

justasportsfan
08-28-2006, 12:56 PM
we should compare JP stats to Chad Pennington or qb's that have had to share snaps at camp because of competition.

Yasgur's Farm
08-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Wow. That is a BAD COMPARISON! JP Losman hasnt proved anything yet to be compared to Brady. You wanna know comparisons, Brady has played 4 quarters and 1 series(opener he played only 1 series going 3/4). JP has played roughly 7 1/2 quarters. The Pats are 2-1 we are 0-3. My initial post was saying that JP has played alot this preseason. Im almost certain JP has the most playing time of ALL the QBs so far this preseason. Playing time = more chances. Most of the starting QBs have only played 4-5 quarters at most. Indy's P.Manning has only played 4 quarters.

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="center">9</td><td align="left">Peyton Manning (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12531)</td><td align="center">IND (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/IND)</td><td>3g 355yrds</td><td>39att</td><td>23com</td><td>3td</td><td>0int</td><td>44long</td><td>114.8rating</td></tr></tbody></table>Add that in the mix and I can really see Indy's QB sucks cause hes only 9th. LOL.Regardless of how much time these guys have spent on the field, Brady has 54 pass attempts while Losman has 57. I'd conclude then that both have had relatively equal opportunities... While JP has a better completin %, more yards, more yards per attempt, and more TD's.

Being that you stated that JP isn't compared to staters in preseason stats... I thought I'd show you how he compares to last seasons best NFL QB. Your point, like you, is insignificant.

PS... Where'd you find a source that tells you how many quarters/series QB's have played. Shooting from the hip is a good way to get yourself killed.

Inetpub
08-28-2006, 01:35 PM
LOL.

Arguing is USELESS. Im glad JP has good stats. But good stats only mean so much when your team is 0-3 and isnt looking to win a game soon.

Regardless of how much time these guys have spent on the field, Brady has 54 pass attempts while Losman has 57. I'd conclude then that both have had relatively equal opportunities... While JP has a better completin %, more yards, more yards per attempt, and more TD's.

Your right. JP has better stats there. But dont you think if Brady played 7 quarters his stats would be ALOT better? He'd have more pass attempts, more completions, more TDs and probably more interceptions.

Being that you stated that JP isn't compared to staters in preseason stats... I thought I'd show you how he compares to last seasons best NFL QB.

I hate Brady.

PS... Where'd you find a source that tells you how many quarters/series QB's have played. Shooting from the hip is a good way to get yourself killed

I did the math. knowing that Brady played 1 series in game 1, 2 quarters in game 2 and 2 quarters in game 3, I concluded he has played 4 quarters and 1 series. Peyton Manning has played 1 series in game 1, 1.5 quarters in game 2 and 2 quarters in game 3. So there isnt any hip shooting there. Thanks though.

jmb1099
08-28-2006, 01:52 PM

Although I like seeing Losman there, it means nothing going into the regulary season when the real starting QBs play and it DEFINATELY means nothing if your not going to win us a game!
You did see the sub title right???

Yasgur's Farm
08-28-2006, 01:55 PM
LOL.

Arguing is USELESS. Im glad JP has good stats. But good stats only mean so much when your team is 0-3 and isnt looking to win a game soon.

Your right. JP has better stats there. But dont you think if Brady played 7 quarters his stats would be ALOT better? He'd have more pass attempts, more completions, more TDs and probably more interceptions.

I hate Brady.

I did the math. knowing that Brady played 1 series in game 1, 2 quarters in game 2 and 2 quarters in game 3, I concluded he has played 4 quarters and 1 series. Peyton Manning has played 1 series in game 1, 1.5 quarters in game 2 and 2 quarters in game 3. So there isnt any hip shooting there. Thanks though.Yup... I guess you're right... Preseason stats are worthless. I sure hope the coaches make their decisions on who to keep by gut feeling... It sure would be a shame if they relied on something real... LIKE STATS FOR INSTANCE!!

Have you seen Moe Ron lately.

Inetpub
08-28-2006, 02:00 PM
You did see the sub title right???

yes. I know you said that its only preseason. I also agree Its only preseason stats. which is why I said....

Although I like seeing Losman there, it means nothing going into the regulary season

But yes, I think JP is doing just fine for a young QB. Lets hope the road ahead isnt as bumpy as we are all anticipating. I'll be the first to say this. Buffalo Bills fans I think have come to accept a team that might be 8-8 at best. But if we start winning more and more thats BONUS! Maybe during next years camp, discussions can lean more towards Superbowl bound.

jmb1099
08-28-2006, 02:13 PM
yes. I know you said that its only preseason. I also agree Its only preseason stats. which is why I said....

But yes, I think JP is doing just fine for a young QB. Lets hope the road ahead isnt as bumpy as we are all anticipating. I'll be the first to say this. Buffalo Bills fans I think have come to accept a team that might be 8-8 at best. But if we start winning more and more thats BONUS! Maybe during next years camp, discussions can lean more towards Superbowl bound.
Believe me I'm not delusional, I have no thoughts about superbowl at the moment. I am however hopeful that we may be on the right track. We need to focus on the positives some times and Losman's pre season performance is a positive. Hopefully we will all find ourselves pleasantly suprised at our season...time will tell.

Inetpub
08-28-2006, 02:40 PM
Yup... I guess you're right... Preseason stats are worthless. I sure hope the coaches make their decisions on who to keep by gut feeling... It sure would be a shame if they relied on something real... LIKE STATS FOR INSTANCE!!

I already posted I hate arguing. But if you REALLY want to argue, Your point is USELESS!

Originally Posted by jmb1099
1) Cassel NE 484 yards
2) Romo Dallas 484 yards

If what you are saying is what you think, then New Englands new QB is Cassel and Dallas will name Romo thier new First String QB. Well Dallas might not be that much of a stretch but come on man. You seriously have to think what your saying. New England isnt naming Cassel the starting QB.

Yes they use stats in the preseason to judge a player but they also use the preseason to have a look at ALL thier players! It just so happens Jauron had a LONG look at JP. Did he do a good job? Ya it was decent. But if you want to compare QBs, what Brady numbers reflect what he did in 4 quarters, JP's reflects what he did in 7 1/2 quarters.

There is a really good reason for the preseason. Its for the coaches to evaluate talent. Whether its young, old, useless or phenoms. This is the time and place to do it as the regular season isnt really a place you want to experiment with your backups.

So now comes to the stats part again. Yes stats are useful for measuring performance. They are useful for many things. But are they worth anything? NO. Preseason stats arent worth a damn thing. NO ONE records preseason stats for longer than 1 season. NO one uses them to determine how a team will finish and NO ONE will say Cassel is the #1 QB in the NFL.

So for future references, please make a useful intelligent discussion. Otherwise, dont spam your idiocy here.

Mitchy moo
08-28-2006, 02:43 PM
I already posted I hate arguing. But if you REALLY want to argue, Your point is USELESS!

If what you are saying is what you think, then New Englands new QB is Cassel and Dallas will name Romo thier new First String QB. Well Dallas might not be that much of a stretch but come on man. You seriously have to think what your saying. New England isnt naming Cassel the starting QB.

Yes they use stats in the preseason to judge a player but they also use the preseason to have a look at ALL thier players! It just so happens Jauron had a LONG look at JP. Did he do a good job? Ya it was decent. But if you want to compare QBs, what Brady numbers reflect what he did in 4 quarters, JP's reflects what he did in 7 1/2 quarters.

There is a really good reason for the preseason. Its for the coaches to evaluate talent. Whether its young, old, useless or phenoms. This is the time and place to do it as the regular season isnt really a place you want to experiment with your backups.

So now comes to the stats part again. Yes stats are useful for measuring performance. They are useful for many things. But are they worth anything? NO. Preseason stats arent worth a damn thing. NO ONE records preseason stats for longer than 1 season. NO one uses them to determine how a team will finish and NO ONE will say Cassel is the #1 QB in the NFL.

So for future references, please make a useful intelligent discussion. Otherwise, dont spam your idiocy here.

In, I think he was merely saying that JP had done well and was near the top of QB's on a limited scale of quarter's played. It's not the reg. season but it's a step in the right direction for JP, which is a step in the right direction for the Bills.

Yasgur's Farm
08-28-2006, 02:47 PM

So for future references, please make a useful intelligent discussion. Otherwise, dont spam your idiocy here.But remember this everybody... He hates arguing.

Inetpub
08-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Skooby,

I know what he was saying. I agree JP has done well. I dont disagree with that. I dont think he knows what preseason stats are. Skooby, Im glad you understand.

JP had done well and was near the top of QB's on a limited scale of quarter's played.
I especially like that part as it is limited. Thats why they are useless.

Draz, I agree JP is going to do well. I dont agree with the preseason stats as it can be padded and put on a silver platter. The starters arent playing full games and people are just coming off months of not playing on a daily basis. They arent going to hit full stride till weeks into the season.

So if your still looking for Moe Ron, please look in the mirror.

Inetpub
08-28-2006, 03:06 PM
But remember this everybody... He hates arguing.
When you come in with arguments like.

Yup... I guess you're right... Preseason stats are worthless. I sure hope the coaches make their decisions on who to keep by gut feeling... It sure would be a shame if they relied on something real... LIKE STATS FOR INSTANCE!!

Have you seen Moe Ron lately.
and

Being that you stated that JP isn't compared to staters in preseason stats... I thought I'd show you how he compares to last seasons best NFL QB. Your point, like you, is insignificant.

and

Shooting from the hip is a good way to get yourself killed.
You sound more like a 12 year old girl who just found out the Buffalo Bills are a football team. I posted early that I didnt want this into an argument as its only preseason stats but you kept up the 12 year old shame act and kept digging yourself farther. So yes, I do not like arguments for such trivial things but when 12 year olds want to argue and not listen, ill gladly put them back in their corner.

Mitchy moo
08-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Skooby,

I know what he was saying. I agree JP has done well. I dont disagree with that. I dont think he knows what preseason stats are. Skooby, Im glad you understand.

I especially like that part as it is limited. Thats why they are useless.

Draz, I agree JP is going to do well. I dont agree with the preseason stats as it can be padded and put on a silver platter. The starters arent playing full games and people are just coming off months of not playing on a daily basis. They arent going to hit full stride till weeks into the season.

So if your still looking for Moe Ron, please look in the mirror.

Hopefully NE is off their game week one.

Yasgur's Farm
08-28-2006, 03:11 PM

Although I like seeing Losman there, it means nothing going into the regulary season when the real starting QBs play and it DEFINATELY means nothing if your not going to win us a game!This was your 1st post... But remember, you don't like to argue.

PS... I'm a 13 year old girl... YOU?

Mitchy moo
08-28-2006, 03:29 PM
This was your 1st post... But remember, you don't like to argue.

PS... I'm a 13 year old girl... YOU?

He's single.

Inetpub
08-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Draz,

My first post wasnt an argument. It was a statement of fact that JP had played 3 quarters last game. I think where you see it differently is my use of exclamation marks. However, there was no argument with anyone as I posted early when the post was new. I said, although I was glad JP was there it is a BS report. So if you took that as an argument then we have a disagreement as I was only stating facts.

We have a lot of young talent to look forward too! I like it!

Skooby,

I detest New England more than Miami. So ya, heres hoping Buffalo can take advantage of the extra time JP has been on the field this preseason and sneak a win or 2 off the gates. That'll be a nice start and hopefully set a good rhythm for the year.

Inetpub
08-28-2006, 03:31 PM
Nope. Married with kid (whos also a bills fan)!!!

Billsrock4life
08-28-2006, 06:32 PM
i just noticed this as well today......definetly a good sign