• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Dolphins running in place

Many of you think we are the only team with problems, reality is every team has some problems but they don't show up until the reg. season begins or injuries start:

Another year under offensive line coach Hudson Houck, another year of physical and NFL maturity for running back Ronnie Brown, another couple of free agents added and the Dolphins were supposed to have a potent ground game for the first time since 2002.
    So far, they have been running in place.

• Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Dolphins running in place

They are also counting on these champs:

A NEW LINE
    Also, this isn't the same line with which the Dolphins finished 2005. Damion McIntosh has been replaced by free agent L.J. Shelton. Alonzo Ephraim, who started the past three games at right guard after Hadnot moved to center, has been replaced by free agent Bennie Anderson.

We know 2 of these losers, so expect Saban to have a suprise come season. Miami is ours to own, prepare for 3 picks by the Bills that day cause they ain't a running with Benny / AJ in there. Matter of fact is they are really screwed and don't even know it yet.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Skooby, this pathetic attempt to make yourself feel better about how bad the Bills are by touting the supposedly sorry state of our division rivals is getting old.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• dplus47
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
        Damion McIntosh has been replaced by free agent L.J. Shelton. Alonzo Ephraim, who started the past three games at right guard after Hadnot moved to center, has been replaced by free agent Bennie Anderson.

We know 2 of these losers, so expect Saban to have a suprise come season. Miami is ours to own, prepare for 3 picks by the Bills that day cause they ain't a running with Benny / AJ in there. Matter of fact is they are really screwed and don't even know it yet.
        i'm not sure i see your conclusion. miami could have line problems, and anderson is looking like a problem already. however, he was brought in for depth, and there have been two injuries at his position. those are the breaks.

as for shelton, are you calling him a loser because donahoe didn't trade for him? or is it because donahoe didn't pick him up as a FA? i thought donahoe was a lousy GM? or was he a great GM when he didn't make moves but a lousy one when he did? or maybe he's a great GM when passing on people who end up on the dolphins? i'm confused about what it is the bills "know" about shelton since he never played here.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
          Skooby, this pathetic attempt to make yourself feel better about how bad the Bills are by touting the supposedly sorry state of our division rivals is getting old.
          I am quoting the paper in Miami, point being that the reporters there as well as Buffalo reporters each think their respective teams have issues. Draw your own conclusion from what the Miami Herald said, I drew mine.

Comment

• mysticsoto
            Too sober for this...
            • Apr 2004

Never fear. If they can't rely on the rush game, they will always have the pass game. And if Culpepper can't handle it...Saban has apparently decided to keep Marcus Vick. Apparently, his criminal persona fits well with the team chemistry...

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Never fear. If they can't rely on the rush game, they will always have the pass game. And if Culpepper can't handle it...Saban has apparently decided to keep Marcus Vick. Apparently, his criminal persona fits well with the team chemistry...
              Hey, it's Miami. Being there crazy is par for the course.

Comment

• feelthepain
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Mar 2005

Many of you think we are the only team with problems, reality is every team has some problems but they don't show up until the reg. season begins or injuries start:

Another year under offensive line coach Hudson Houck, another year of physical and NFL maturity for running back Ronnie Brown, another couple of free agents added and the Dolphins were supposed to have a potent ground game for the first time since 2002.
                So far, they have been running in place.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...s/15377239.htm

Well we have played three of the top five Dlines this spring. Back to back to back, add to that the fact that the starters are only in the game for the most a hlaf. We also have made a few changes from last years line meaning the guys will have to learn how to play together. As for Anderson, I've made my stance on him clear since day one, he hasn't made the team yet. He is getting a shot to make the team and if he earns a spot he will be a Dolphin, if he can't keep the starting job he will be a backup. We don't know what he will be because it's only preseason and this time of year is used to play players like Anderson to see if they fit with what the Dolphins want to do.

Also as I've said this is preseason and scores don't matter. The Colts rarely win in the preseason but when the regular season starts they play football. The Steelers have yet to win a game this preseason and they are the defending SB champs, the Washington Redskins have been outscored 87 to 17 this spring and they were a playoff team last year. Fact is what happens in preseaon is a long ways from what you can expect from the regular season.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by feelthepain
                  Well we have played three of the top five Dlines this spring. Back to back to back, add to that the fact that the starters are only in the game for the most a hlaf. We also have made a few changes from last years line meaning the guys will have to learn how to play together. As for Anderson, I've made my stance on him clear since day one, he hasn't made the team yet. He is getting a shot to make the team and if he earns a spot he will be a Dolphin, if he can't keep the starting job he will be a backup. We don't know what he will be because it's only preseason and this time of year is used to play players like Anderson to see if they fit with what the Dolphins want to do.

Also as I've said this is preseason and scores don't matter. The Colts rarely win in the preseason but when the regular season starts they play football. The Steelers have yet to win a game this preseason and they are the defending SB champs, the Washington Redskins have been outscored 87 to 17 this spring and they were a playoff team last year. Fact is what happens in preseaon is a long ways from what you can expect from the regular season.
                  I just wanted other's to know that other teams we play, like twice this year is being challenged and questioned just like the Bills. It is not unique and the press can be highly critical.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

I am quoting the paper in Miami, point being that the reporters there as well as Buffalo reporters each think their respective teams have issues. Draw your own conclusion from what the Miami Herald said, I drew mine.
                    but I thought the media didn't know what they were talking about when they criticized the Bills. There have been plenty of articles predicting bad things for the Bills in the Buffalo News and Rochester D&C. And you don't buy any of it. Yet, the Miami Herald is perfectly credible when it criticizes the Dolphins?

You can't have your cake and eat it too.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

but I thought the media didn't know what they were talking about when they criticized the Bills. There have been plenty of articles predicting bad things for the Bills in the Buffalo News and Rochester D&C. And you don't buy any of it. Yet, the Miami Herald is perfectly credible when it criticizes the Dolphins?

You can't have your cake and eat it too.
                      I just think that it's funny how we are doomed by our paper and many of you buy that everyone we are playing is great and we have no chance. Every team will face issues this year at one point or another, it depends on when they come up. Injuries, personal problems, pain play a great factor during the season.

The Miami herald's reporter's opinion is pointing out the obvious, so as per credibility it's not necessary. It's pre-season and they haven't done much. Willis was not a beast sat. night but he looked great the week before, so I guess we averaged out to OK between the last few weeks. I guess we'll just see what team we really have when the season starts, NE here we come.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

I just think that it's funny how we are doomed by our paper and many of you buy that everyone we are playing is great and we have no chance. Every team will face issues this year at one point or another, it depends on when they come up. Injuries, personal problems, pain play a great factor during the season.

The Miami herald's reporter's opinion is pointing out the obvious, so as per credibility it's not necessary. It's pre-season and they haven't done much. Willis was not a beast sat. night but he looked great the week before, so I guess we averaged out to OK between the last few weeks. I guess we'll just see what team we really have when the season starts, NE here we come.
                        I just think it's funny how you choose to believe the one article that prints bad things about the Dolphins this year instead of the many that have printed good things, and choose to believe the 0 articles that have said good things about the Bills this year over the hundreds that have said bad things.

You believe what you want to believe, regardless of the available information. That's called ignorance.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

I just think it's funny how you choose to believe the one article that prints bad things about the Dolphins this year instead of the many that have printed good things, and choose to believe the 0 articles that have said good things about the Bills this year over the hundreds that have said bad things.

You believe what you want to believe, regardless of the available information. That's called ignorance.
                          OP, they pointed out the obvious. They could have written god is annointed the running game before the past 3 weeks but they cannot run it well during the game. Will that change w/ Bennie out there and MM at the helm of the offense? I safely say no. I just found it to see what they we're doing and found it amusing for them to get bad press and being annointed the second coming, nothing more. Your turning it into a I am knocking the Dolphins thing. I freaking hate the dolphins and want them to fail, miserably. I have no idea why you defend everything else but the Bills, do you know what your doing man?

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

OP, they pointed out the obvious. They could have written god is annointed the running game before the past 3 weeks but they cannot run it well during the game. Will that change w/ Bennie out there and MM at the helm of the offense? I safely say no. I just found it to see what they we're doing and found it amusing for them to get bad press and being annointed the second coming, nothing more. Your turning it into a I am knocking the Dolphins thing. I freaking hate the dolphins and want them to fail, miserably. I have no idea why you defend everything else but the Bills, do you know what your doing man?
                            because when the Bills are 5-11, there is no defense for them. The Dolphins and Patriots both had winning seasons last year.

And for the record, I don't defend everyone except the Bills- I've consistently said that the Jets are the worst team in the division and while the Bills are bad, there are several teams that are worse (Jets, San Fran, Tennessee, maybe Houston, maybe NO).
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• feelthepain
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

Will that change w/ Bennie out there and MM at the helm of the offense? I safely say no.

It's clear you want Bennie Anderson and MM to be what they were in Buffalo, but do you honestly think those two were the only reason your team struggled last year?? MM was coming off a winning season in 04 and Buffalo fans were talkin like 05 was a playoff season, not one bad word about MM at that time, and a love fest for Bennie Anderson.

The fact is the Bills had problems with most every position on the team. Travis Henry,Mike Williams, Drew Bledso, TKO were just 4 players no longer on your team in 05 that were on your team in 04, yet his never gets mention by you, instead you just lay the whole blame on Anderson and MM. Miami isn't Buffalo, you can't expect what happend to the Bills last year to happen to the Fins this year simply because MM is our new OC and Bennie Anderson might be the starting RG.

We are more fundamentally sound from top to bottom, it's not a knock on the Bills, it's just the truth. You seem very set to find any negative news about the fins and live off it like everything you read is guaranteed fact. Just because most teams struggle in preseason deosn't mean those teams will be the same during the regular season. You so badly want to justify eveything the Bills do you'll look for anything that in your mind justifys that thinking. In reality, the Bills have a lot farther to go then the Pats or Fins.

The Bills have huge question marks on many more aspects of their team. What will JP do??What will your D do??What will your coaching staff do?? The only thing the Bills can count on at this point is the ST, there is a reason the experts view the Bills as a 3rd place team in the division and a non-factor in the 06 playoffs. Could the Bill surprise everyone and make the playoffs??? Anything is possible, but not very likely.

Comment

Working...
                              X