PDA

View Full Version : Will Ernesto jeopardize the Dolphins home opener against us?

Mitchy moo
08-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Welcome to Miami:

http://maps.wunderground.com/data/images/at200605.gif

I don't know if 2 weeks is long enough to clean up a cat 3. Last time a storm came through it made a real big mess and services we're shut down for a while. Power was off at many places for weeks after the last storm hit and this is literally dropping in at the stadium area. What so you think?

L.A. Playa
08-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Cant you read ??? Its a Tropical Storm you are worse than Discotrish with this :spam:

Aero II
08-28-2006, 01:22 PM
It will make landfall as a cat-1. Something that light will only need about 3-4 days to clear the palm trees off the roads. Who cares if the fans can attend or not.

Mitchy moo
08-28-2006, 01:25 PM
Cant you read ??? Its a Tropical Storm you are worse than Discotrish with this :spam:

You ever been through a Hurricane or know how they form? It's going over land right now, that slows it down. When it hits the 90 Miles of 90 degree water it will crank back up again. Will it be a cat 5 with destructive winds, probably no but please understand if it slows down and churns for a while it can get alot meaner. I remember going to bed and Katrina went from no big deal to 175 MPH within Hours, it's scary. Please don't diminish what can happen with you lack of experience.

P.S. I live on the SW coast and we we're the Bulls eye yesterday. After seeing first hand what happened here, I will tell you it stinks.

L.A. Playa
08-28-2006, 01:33 PM
You ever been through a Hurricane or know how they form? It's going over land right now, that slows it down. When it hits the 90 Miles of 90 degree water it will crank back up again. Will it be a cat 5 with destructive winds, probably no but please understand if it slows down and churns for a while it can get alot meaner. I remember going to bed and Katrina went from no big deal to 175 MPH within Hours, it's scary. Please don't diminish what can happen with you lack of experience.

P.S. I live on the SW coast and we we're the Bulls eye yesterday. After seeing first hand what happened here, I will tell you it stinks.

do you have tonites winning lottery #'s

Dantheman1280
08-28-2006, 01:37 PM
I live in West palm beach Fl and it will hit us at a cat 1, which will be cleaned up in a few days, there is no way the game will not be played.

PromoTheRobot
08-28-2006, 01:43 PM
Will Miami look any different than usual? Yeah, South Beach is nice, but have you ever gone inland a few blocks?? We're talking third world nation!

PTR

justasportsfan
08-28-2006, 01:53 PM
can some please merge this with skooby's other weather thread

L.A. Playa
08-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Post Edited.

Mitchy moo
08-28-2006, 02:03 PM
just merge all his threads into the worst poster on Billszone thread

LA , please stay out of my threads. Your opinions are not welcomed nor appreciated by me.

Jan Reimers
08-28-2006, 02:07 PM
Cable news and the Weather Channel on a 24/7 basis are the worst things that have ever happened to this country. They give every alarmist every opportunity to panic over damned near anything that could possibly happen.

Relax, enjoy yourself, and stop worrying about everything that the media fear-mongers throw in your face every day.

Mitchy moo
08-28-2006, 02:09 PM
Cable news and the Weather Channel on a 24/7 basis are the worst things that have ever happened to this country. They give every alarmist every opportunity to panic over damned near anything that could possibly happen.

Relax, enjoy yourself, and stop worrying about everything that the media fear-mongers throw in your face every day.

Where do you live Jan?

L.A. Playa
08-28-2006, 02:09 PM
LA , please stay out of my threads. Your opinions are not welcomed nor appreciated by me.

:baby: :violin:

THATHURMANATOR
08-28-2006, 02:13 PM
You can't tell him what to do.

L.A. Playa
08-28-2006, 02:15 PM
L.A. Playa :hi5: Thurm

ryjam282
08-28-2006, 02:17 PM
Yeah, it won't be anything higher then a Cat 1 or possibly barely a Cat 2....Nothing will jeopardize that game....No worries.

Jan Reimers
08-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Do you think the Bird Flu will cancel our final home game, or will enough people refrain from kissing chickens in the parking lot to prevent unleashing the dreaded pandemic?

After all, 147 people have died worldwide from Bird Flu since 2003, which is almost as many as have been killed by falling pianos.

Mitchy moo
08-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Yeah, it won't be anything higher then a Cat 1 or possibly barely a Cat 2....Nothing will jeopardize that game....No worries.

I hope you are right, I don't want it to hit at all. I personally hope FL never gets hit by a Hurricane again.

Mitchy moo
08-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Do you think the Bird Flu will cancel our final home game, or will enough people refrain from kissing chickens in the parking lot to prevent unleashing the dreaded pandemic?

After all, 147 people have died worldwide from Bird Flu since 2003, which is almost as many as have been killed by falling pianos.

I guess you don't live in South FL. I think we have a little more direct situation here to deal with than the Bird flu.

mybills
08-28-2006, 02:20 PM
P.S. I live on the SW coast and we we're the Bulls eye yesterday.

what? :dizzy:

Jan Reimers
08-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Where do you live Jan?
In the Outer Banks of North Carolina, north of Hatteras, where we get our fair share of hurricanes. But I don't panic everytime the weather channel starts tracking a tropical depression.

Mitchy moo
08-28-2006, 02:26 PM
In the Outer Banks of North Carolina, north of Hatteras, where we get our fair share of hurricanes. But I don't panic everytime the weather channel starts tracking a tropical depression.

Wow, you guys have seen some love there too no doubt. I don't worry all the time but you have to keep on top of these things now because lately they can really spin out of control or take wierd turns at the last second. I had a home in fort myers and orlando damaged by Charley and It wasn't even supposed to go anywhere near there. It Hit by fort myers and went straight through Orlando where I was. The house shook for a long, long time as I held my daughter and son in my lap. I was like Geez, where can I live in FL and still be safe?

Jan Reimers
08-28-2006, 02:39 PM
When Isabel was coming in 2003 - and it was a Cat 5 until the day before it made landfall - my wife and I rolled down the storm shutters, filled a couple of big coolers with lots of beer, wine and ice, and hoped for the best.

We never lost power, and the worst thing that happened was that my dish was blown somewhat out of alignment and I lost DirecTV until I could reposition the dish the following day.

People that went up to Virginia Beach, Norfolk and Williamsburg, for instance, were without electric for a week, and couldn't re-enter the Outer Banks for several days.

I know people aren't always as lucky as we were, but sometimes you just have to ride it out, rather than running around in a panic.

Mitchy moo
08-28-2006, 02:40 PM
When Isabel was coming in 2003 - and it was a Cat 5 until the day before it made landfall - my wife and I rolled down the storm shutters, filled a couple of big coolers with lots of beer, wine and ice, and hoped for the best.

We never lost power, and the worst thing that happened was that my dish was blown somewhat out of alignment and I lost DirecTV until I could reposition the dish the following day.

People that went up to Virginia Beach, Norfolk and Williamsburg, for instance, were without electric for a week, and couldn't re-enter the Outer Banks for several days.

I know people aren't always as lucky as we were, but sometimes you just have to ride it out, rather than running around in a panic.

Your right, it's a good way of doing things. Pretty area up there by you, real nice.

Kerr
08-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Do you live in south fla skoob?

Jan Reimers
08-28-2006, 02:51 PM
Your right, it's a good way of doing things. Pretty area up there by you, real nice.
Our kids are grown, and all we have are our 5 dogs, which makes our situation a lot different than yours - you need to protect your kids, no matter what. And our 5 dogs make it tough to find a hotel room, no matter how far away we would try to get.

Mitchy moo
08-28-2006, 02:59 PM
Our kids are grown, and all we have are our 5 dogs, which makes our situation a lot different than yours - you need to protect your kids, no matter what. And our 5 dogs make it tough to find a hotel room, no matter how far away we would try to get.

Your right brother, thanks. I do sometimes get too concerned about things but once your in a bad spot, it gets worse with kids / dogs. I myself can swim for a long time and really never worried about anything until I got married and had 2 kids. They are 4-7 and regardless of how they complain and fight are the most important things in my life. I will do everything I can to stay educated and give them a life my parents never could give me.

We have a german shepard puppy which is 8 months old and she guards the house as well, so I understand the hotel situation. It was a shame during Katrina that so many pets got left behind, a shame.

TigerJ
08-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Unless Ernesto slows considerably, I really don't expect it to have the time to blow up into a cat 3 storm. I expect only a cat 1.

Mitchy moo
08-28-2006, 08:25 PM
Do you live in south fla skoob?

fort myers to be accurate.

The_Philster
08-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Who cares if the fans can attend or not.They don't whether there's a hurricane or not anyway :idunno:

G. Host
08-28-2006, 08:32 PM
Welcome to Miami:

I don't know if 2 weeks is long enough to clean up a cat 3. Last time a storm came through it made a real big mess and services we're shut down for a while. Power was off at many places for weeks after the last storm hit and this is literally dropping in at the stadium area. What so you think?

Maybe the Fish Bowl wil be flooded with water and Dolphins will be forced to play a home game on road like New Orleans did! And maybe Hell will freeze over and pictures will shown of Hilter and Stalin holding hands on skates.

Equal possibility of any of those three scenerios.

Michael82
08-28-2006, 08:41 PM
It better not be jeopardized! I already got my tickets! :mad:

CuseJetsFan83
08-28-2006, 08:46 PM
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCPAT5+shtml/282348.shtml?

BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM ERNESTO INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY NUMBER 17A
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL052006
800 PM EDT MON AUG 28 2006

...CENTER OF ERNESTO STILL INLAND OVER CUBA...

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING AND A HURRICANE WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR
FLORIDA FROM VERO BEACH SOUTHWARD ON THE EAST COAST...FROM
SOUTH OF CHOKOLOSKEE SOUTHWARD ON THE WEST COAST...FOR LAKE
OKEECHOBEE...AND FOR ALL OF THE FLORIDA KEYS...FROM OCEAN REEF TO
THE DRY TORTUGAS. </pre>

in all seriousness it should be monitored, just like anything else in the weather spectrum, but judging from its forward speed on radar as well as computer forecasting, unlike katrina which hobbled in at a slow 8mph with winds of 145-155, this storm will be 80 mph TOPS, with a forward speed of 15mph

as far as a tropical storm goes, sometimes they can be more costly than hurricanes........ they tend to move slower and have more rain........ and its the flooding which is worse, not so much the wind, tornadoes/waterspouts, lightning.

by week 2 everything should be savvy, but who knows maybe by then, another one could be coming

LtFinFan66
08-29-2006, 12:50 AM
Ernesto won't even affect Thursdays preseason finale. Get a clue Skooby

LtFinFan66
08-29-2006, 12:53 AM
Welcome to Miami:

I don't know if 2 weeks is long enough to clean up a cat 3. Last time a storm came through it made a real big mess and services we're shut down for a while. Power was off at many places for weeks after the last storm hit and this is literally dropping in at the stadium area. What so you think?Uhhh....Einstein.....put down the bong....IT IS A WEAK TROPICAL STORM!! It will reach weak Cat. 1 strength at most is even that before it hits!

http://www.weatherunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=487&tstamp=200608
The SHIPS intensity model is calling for Ernesto to be a tropical storm with 55 mph winds at landfall, while the GFDL model thinks Ernesto will be a Category 1 hurricane with 75-80 mph winds

Mitchy moo
08-29-2006, 12:55 AM
Uhhh....Einstein.....put down the bong....IT IS A WEAK TROPICAL STORM!! It will reach weak Cat. 1 strength at most is even that before it hits!

http://www.weatherunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=487&tstamp=200608
The SHIPS intensity model is calling for Ernesto to be a tropical storm with 55 mph winds at landfall, while the GFDL model thinks Ernesto will be a Category 1 hurricane with 75-80 mph winds

I hope your right!

LtFinFan66
08-29-2006, 01:00 AM
Not me brother, the weather experts:up:

For a bit it looked like it would go into the Gulf and stregthen while heading up the Gulf to my place in the Panhandle....but then it kept turning. It is good though because the water in the Gulf is like 87&#176; and it would have been a big one!

Mitchy moo
08-29-2006, 01:04 AM
Not me brother, the weather experts:up:

For a bit it looked like it would go into the Gulf and stregthen while heading up the Gulf to my place in the Panhandle....but then it kept turning. It is good though because the water in the Gulf is like 87° and it would have been a big one!

We don't need that again.

gr8slayer
08-29-2006, 01:05 AM
If it is anything under a cat 2 it wont do crap. Give it a couple days and it will be fine.

Captain gameboy
08-29-2006, 12:12 PM
I flew over this thing Sunday night. Went right into the leading band. It was nothing more than a mess of rain showers. Not even a bump in the leading band.

I then flew around it on the way home last night/this morning.
We went right at it until Kingston, then stayed south of it going aound the western edge via Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cuba, then into Miami.

In the years I have have been doing this, it is the least organized and sloppiest I have seen.

No tight precip bands and no eye, not even any real turbulence.

Certainly no threat to a south Florida game weeks away.

Kerr
08-29-2006, 01:11 PM
I hate hurricanes.

!Papacrunk!
08-30-2006, 07:10 AM
I guess things could still change, but I guess Ernesto didn't mutate into the big bad hurricane it was supposed to:
MIAMI HERALD-ERNESTO: (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/15395149.htm)

Tropical Storm Ernesto came and mostly went, a relatively anemic representative of the Beat Up On Florida tropical weather club.

Statman
08-30-2006, 07:32 AM

AMEN!

Mitchy moo
08-30-2006, 07:39 AM
I guess things could still change, but I guess Ernesto didn't mutate into the big bad hurricane it was supposed to:
MIAMI HERALD-ERNESTO: (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/15395149.htm)

wow, great news!