PDA

View Full Version : TFY Confirms another Interview...

BillsMan80
02-23-2003, 09:08 PM
TFY's Premium service has confirmed that we have interviewed Pittsburgh LB Gerald Hayes, who is one of the class's top LBs.

So far we have interviewed:

Gerald Hayes, LB, Pittsburgh
Aaron Walker, TE, Florida
Billy McMullen, WR, Virginia

venis2k1
02-23-2003, 09:22 PM
I like Walker ;)

6'6"

260 lbs.

Word on walker is he has hands of stone though :(

BillsMan80
02-23-2003, 10:33 PM
I'll keep updating the thread as I hear more interviews...

Shiny Chicken
02-23-2003, 11:38 PM
what's TFY?

BillsMan80
02-23-2003, 11:41 PM
It's a Draft site that is very reliable for news and notes...

Website is http://www.nfldraft.theinsiders.com.

If that doesn't work, www.tfydraft.com.

Shiny Chicken
02-23-2003, 11:43 PM
cool, thanks man

venis2k1
02-24-2003, 12:03 AM
FA in less than a week!!!!!!!!!!

sorry i couldnt help myself.

Fatwhite02
02-24-2003, 12:25 AM
good job. Keep up the updates. I like Hayes, and who else might the bills interview?

venis2k1
02-24-2003, 12:47 AM
so wait, TD says he wants Price long term, but we are looking at more WRs???

The_Philster
02-24-2003, 04:53 AM
Have to keep ther options open.

TigerJ
02-24-2003, 08:58 AM
"Never put all your eggs in one basket."

The Great Blue North Draft Report [http://www.gbnreport.com/] had this take on Tom Donahoe and PP today:

"Bills keep options on Price open...Despite using a franchise tag to keep WR Peerless Price nominally off the free agent market, Buffalo reportedly is keeping all its options open regarding Price. The Bills are believed to want to keep Price in Buffalo where he combines with Eric Moulds to give the team one of the top 1-2 WR punches in the league; the Bills, though, only appear to want to keep Price at a 'reasonable' price and that is a lot less than Price likely could command on the open market where teams like Washington and Atlanta among others are expected to be in hot pursuit if he every became available. Indeed, the Falcons are believed to have already talked to the Bills about it would cost to get Price in a trade. Atlanta, or any other team, can still sign Price, but would owe the Bills a rather prohibitive price - two first round draft picks - if Buffalo opted not to match the offer sheet. The Bills, in fact, would like to regain the 2003 first round pick they sent to New England for QB Drew Bledsoe and would likely to willing to work a sign-and-swap deal for a #1 pick this year if it became clear they weren't going to be able to sign Price to a long-term deal."

To summarize, TD would still like to keep PP, but only if he can reach a long term agreement at what he feels is a fair price for a second receiver, albeit a productive one. If that deal can't be reached, he wants to use PP to regain a first round draft choice. He does have at least one suitor in Atlanta.

Unfortunately Green Bay is offering Terry Glenn and will greatly undercut TD's price. Depends on how much Atlanta is willing to pay for quality.

lordofgun
02-24-2003, 09:37 AM
Terry Glenn os done. If Atlanta is serious about winning, they won't settle for has-beens.

Billz_fan
02-24-2003, 10:06 AM
After reading some of his interviews I think Donahoe will always draft the best athelete availabel to the Bills, Thats how we got Josh Reed.

I don't always have faith in the brain trust but this time I do. They will get us the best football players available with what they have to work with pick wise.

Or....maybe he just specializes in picking WR's :D in which case it will endear him to the QB's:laughter: