PDA

View Full Version : Billy Volek

BILLSROCK1212
08-28-2006, 09:26 PM
If cut do we try and sign him? I say yes cas I think he is a better option than Holcomb and better than Nall because he has more experience as a starting QB.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-28-2006, 10:00 PM
as I recall, we tried to lure Volek away from the Titans a couple years ago when he was FA.

Glad we did not get him now....

But he did light us up one game!

Turf
08-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Sadly enough Volek could be our #2 vieing for #1.

LifetimeBillsFan
08-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Volek is one of the few QBs that could get cut that I would consider picking up. He has starting experience, can throw the deep ball and would be a decent back-up who could push Losman and Nall to get better. Much better than Holcomb for this offense IMHO. But, if I recall, he got a pretty hefty contract to re-sign with the Titans a couple of years ago and, if picked up off of waivers, his salary combined with what Holcomb would count against the cap could make him too expensive as a # 3 QB. Still, I like him.

Goobylal
08-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Why would the Titans release Volek? If he's getting cut for Collins, that's not exactly saying much for him.

Typ0
08-28-2006, 10:57 PM
no way he gets cut. He might get sat in a month in favor of Collins but not much before that. They want to ensure their Rookie is not going to play this year.

justasportsfan
08-29-2006, 10:12 AM
If there's one qb who loves to go deep, Volek would be the guy. IMO, Peerless and Evans would benefit from him being the qb.

Kerr
08-29-2006, 10:30 AM
He'd be an upgrade over tweedle dum and tweedle dee.

Jan Reimers
08-29-2006, 10:35 AM
Well, he's certainly better than Drew Henson, A. J. Feeley, RJ and some of the other trash that is floating around out there.

THATHURMANATOR
08-29-2006, 10:36 AM
Isn't Volek the Starting QB currently? Am I missing something?

Captain Obvious
08-29-2006, 11:45 AM
Volek is one of the few QBs that could get cut that I would consider picking up. He has starting experience, can throw the deep ball and would be a decent back-up who could push Losman and Nall to get better. Much better than Holcomb for this offense IMHO. But, if I recall, he got a pretty hefty contract to re-sign with the Titans a couple of years ago and, if picked up off of waivers, his salary combined with what Holcomb would count against the cap could make him too expensive as a # 3 QB. Still, I like him.

if Billy Volek gets cut, wouldn't his old contract with the Titans be void, wouldn't the Bills FO negotiate a new contract if he were to become a Bill?

Tinboy
08-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Why would Titans cut Volek? He have started every game so far and will probably be the starter this season for Titans.

The Titans might try to trade after this season though

ICE74129
08-29-2006, 12:02 PM
Isn't Volek the Starting QB currently? Am I missing something?

Word has it the signing of Collins means they are shopping Volak. This is per Adam S on NFLN

HHURRICANE
08-29-2006, 01:04 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kerr
08-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Yeah, it's going around volek is unhappy and wants his agent, drew rosenhous to get him traded. I'd trade for him and get rid of both holcomb and nall.

HHURRICANE
08-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Why would Titans cut Volek? He have started every game so far and will probably be the starter this season for Titans.

The Titans might try to trade after this season though

It's being reported that Volek might not start! That's why they signed Collins. They may even go with Young very soon. That's why good head coaches are good. They don't give a crap about what you and I think. Coughlin made the same call.

HHURRICANE
08-29-2006, 01:21 PM
no way he gets cut. He might get sat in a month in favor of Collins but not much before that. They want to ensure their Rookie is not going to play this year.

Dude, you must be a baseball fan. It's been reported several places the past week that Fisher might play Young this year!

ublinkwescore
08-29-2006, 02:33 PM
RJ is just a training camp body from here on out.

That light will never go on.

The_Philster
08-29-2006, 08:10 PM
his agent, drew rosenhous :ill: