PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward for a minute

X-Era
08-29-2006, 06:46 AM
If you could have any prospect from next years draft, who would it be?

Right now, Im taking Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC if he declares. I think hes THAT good.

ICE74129
08-29-2006, 08:03 AM
If you could have any prospect from next years draft, who would it be?

Right now, Im taking Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC if he declares. I think hes THAT good.

Peterson, Oklahoma. Unlike Willis, he is a MUCH Better back, has proven it over more than one season. Is humble and has a great work ethic.

BILLSROCK1212
08-29-2006, 10:47 AM
Steve Slaton=better than Reggie Bush but I would rather have Calvin Johnson over Dwayne Jarrett

Captain Obvious
08-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Quentin Moses...DE from Georgia..

DraftBoy
08-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Calvin Johnson no better player in the draft

bflojohn
08-29-2006, 04:16 PM
Willis21, I'm right with you on Quentin Moses, DE from Georgia, however, Gaines Adams, a DE from Clemson University might be a better option. These two are the highest ranked players at their respective positions. We'll see, best one is a Buffalo Bill next April.... fingers crossed!!!

justasportsfan
08-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Maurice Clarrett. He got hook ups with the ma-fi-ya.

Captain Obvious
08-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Willis21, I'm right with you on Quentin Moses, DE from Georgia, however, Gaines Adams, a DE from Clemson University might be a better option. These two are the highest ranked players at their respective positions. We'll see, best one is a Buffalo Bill next April.... fingers crossed!!!

I agree.. assuming JP shows enough this year to be our QB of the future..and Jason Peters shows enough that he can be the LT of the future..it is so obvious, even though the draft is 8 months away..this defense desperately needs a DE who can pressure QB on a consistent basis..

LifetimeBillsFan
08-30-2006, 03:27 AM
If he's healthy, Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin. He was going to come out after last season, but got hurt in his bowl game and decided to stay. Many had him projected as a late first or early second round pick, even though there were other OTs with bigger names in this year's draft. IMHO, he was the second best LT in college last season after D. Ferguson. If he is healthy, he should be even better after another season and is already rated as the # 1 OT on all of the preseason lists that I have seen.

I also really like Dwayne Jarrett, who really looks like a big-time receiver already.

But, a lot can change over the course of this season and I really want to hold off on making a solid list of players that I would like to see the Bills get until after I've had a chance to watch some games. Right now, I can see a number of different positions that the Bills could be looking to fill or add top-flight talent at after this season--O-line, DE, LB, DT, RB, WR/TE, even QB--depending on how the season plays out and what happens early on in the FA market, so there are a lot of college players for me to still look at before deciding who I would want most yet.

But, if I had to take one player right now, I would take Joe Thomas if he is healthy again.

Mr. Pink
08-30-2006, 05:01 AM
Troy Smith-QB Ohio State

I figure Losman will falter or get killed behind this attrocious line and we'll need a QB who can run around and make plays happen with his feet. Also he'll be able to buy some time to find someone to throw to because of our porous o-line.

LtFinFan66
08-30-2006, 05:27 AM
Buckeyes Baby!!

CuseJetsFan83
08-30-2006, 05:35 AM
when is ted ginn jr available....? (pending he leaves school early)

LtFinFan66
08-30-2006, 05:38 AM
He is a Junior this year so he would be available to come out early

X-Era
08-30-2006, 06:24 AM
when is ted ginn jr available....? (pending he leaves school early)

Hes good, but more of a Devin Hester type, great athlete not necessarily great at any position.

Devin
08-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Brady Quinn or Calvin Johnson

BILLSROCK1212
08-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Brady Quinn or Calvin Johnson

Johnson

Earthquake Enyart
08-30-2006, 01:38 PM
Podluzny. Or whatever the f that LB from Penn State's name is. That guy is a beast and London isn't getting any younger.

patmoran2006
08-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Brady Quinn

ZacGriffi~82
08-30-2006, 06:42 PM
Joe Thomas.

X-Era
08-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Peterson, Oklahoma. Unlike Willis, he is a MUCH Better back, has proven it over more than one season. Is humble and has a great work ethic.

Peterson is my second favorite. It all hinges on Willis. If he reverts to his college form great, if he shows up when he wants to in games and continues to go down easy, it might be time to move on. Peterson would be a great "move on".

Just watched highlights of Calvin Johnson. He looks exactly like USC's Mike Williams, tall but not that fast. Im not so sure on him, Jarrett has s econd gear and can make ALL the plays, not just possession plays.

X-Era
08-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Joe Thomas.

Dont see it happening. I just dont see a OT in the 1st this year. If anything, Nates probably gone meaning were looking for another starting CB. And there are some fabulous DE's, our RE spot leaves something to be desired.

Gandy was a bright spot last year and is fairly young, Peters is an up and coming stud.

Im just not sure that OT is a major need anymore, lets see what the season shows us. Now, that said, you never skip out on a franchise LT. If ones there, who knows. But I see too many other bigger impact players taht can help us to go this route.

ZacGriffi~82
08-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Dont see it happening. I just dont see a OT in the 1st this year. If anything, Nates probably gone meaning were looking for another starting CB. And there are some fabulous DE's, our RE spot leaves something to be desired.

Gandy was a bright spot last year and is fairly young, Peters is an up and coming stud.

Im just not sure that OT is a major need anymore, lets see what the season shows us. Now, that said, you never skip out on a franchise LT. If ones there, who knows. But I see too many other bigger impact players taht can help us to go this route.

Gandy is solid, but Joe Thomas is one of those special players that don't come around very often. Though i do hope that we aren't picking high enough to get him.

I'm really hoping Youboty can step up so we don't have to take a corner early. That's how you become great, by being able to make luxury picks like WR/LB/DE, instead of replacing players. That does little to make you a better team.

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-30-2006, 08:04 PM
MY boy CALVIN JOHNSON, from GEORGIA TECH. the best WR in the draft next year, he would be sick in this offense. another weapon for JP.

ZacGriffi~82
08-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Speaking of luxuries...Brian Leonhard would be awesome.

Kerr
08-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Barring a qb setback, i'd be very interested in the top DE there is available. Then again, if our DE do happen to surprise as a whole, then that pick would address the offensive line.

LifetimeBillsFan
08-31-2006, 12:44 AM
Speaking of luxuries...Brian Leonhard would be awesome.

I think so, too. But, I see him as a later round pick.

I can see the Bills needing to pick up a LB, especially a MLB, high in next year's draft, but the thing that worries me about Posluzny--who is a terrific player--is whether he has the speed necessary to be a true impact player in this defensive system (I have no doubt that he will be in some others). I'm just not sure about that.

I can also see wanting to add a top-flight pass-rushing DE. I know the kid from Georgia is highly rated, so I definitely plan on trying to see more of him than I have already, but what other top pass-rushers are likely to be in this draft? Please let me know so that I can make a point of looking out for them when their teams are on TV.