PDA

View Full Version : Offense is good, Defense is bad!

HHURRICANE
08-29-2006, 08:54 AM
Jauron has a very dumbed down offense for the pre-season. I really believe that JP will be rolling out alot and there will be some planned runs for him. Fairchild hasn't shown much on the TE's but I think they will be getting alot of playing time. The Offense will be good. Very good. I think the OL, which is not very good, did a decent job with a dumbed down O and a stationary QB and a simple running attack. They will be under less pressure with a more advanced scheme.

The Defense is fighting for 29th in the league. I see no big upside here. Our secondary will be good but Donte, Ko, and Ashton are all developing this year. Our secondary cannot carry a team that doesn't get a decent pass rush. I see a very mediocre D-line. I also think our LB's are very overrated. Crowell made alot of tackles last year but I also saw him getting manhandled alot. We can't stop the run and I see it happening again. Fletcher makes 1 great play for every 4 he get's burned on. TKO is 80% at best. The only bright spot has been Schobel. He keeps getting better and I'm not one of his fans. I thought he got alot of garbage sacks last year but he has really impressed me this year.

Any thoughts?!

Night Train
08-29-2006, 09:00 AM
I think they're improving in run D with swarming to the ball. The Pass D will take time and I hope the Zone D is either improved or abandoned. The big problem is lack of pressure on the QB. Most times, the opposing QB has plenty of time to throw.

The OL is a work in progress and is painfully thin in depth. JP will have games where he's running for his life. I think we do have talent at the skill positions.

Next years Draft calls for a pass rushing DE and 2-3 more OL.

OpIv37
08-29-2006, 09:00 AM
Ha- I said almost the exact same thing the other day.

I think the Offense will finish no worse than 20th in the league, possibly even in the top half of the league.

I think the D will finish no better than 20th and quite possibly 25th or worse.

justasportsfan
08-29-2006, 09:06 AM
We shall see. You people forget Dick is a D coach. I doubt our D will be top 10 but I wouldn't be surprised if we'll be better than 20.

HHURRICANE
08-29-2006, 09:08 AM
Ha- I said almost the exact same thing the other day.

I think the Offense will finish no worse than 20th in the league, possibly even in the top half of the league.

I think the D will finish no better than 20th and quite possibly 25th or worse.

Great minds think alike!! I think our O turned the corner with Fairchild and with OL help next year I think we might have a San Diego type attack. That's a quick recovery from MM. Unfortunately TD's nightmare will continue on D. Kelsay, Denney, Fletcher, Anderson and the untalented draft picks under his era are going to linger until next year.

John Doe
08-29-2006, 09:09 AM
Once the players get acclimated and the rookies get some game time under their belts, the defense will be quite good.

All of the pieces are in place: a top shelf pass rushing end, quick and motivated tackles, good linebackers with an emerging star, and one of the most physically gifted secondaries in memory.

OpIv37
08-29-2006, 09:10 AM
We shall see. You people forget Dick is a D coach. I doubt our D will be top 10 but I wouldn't be surprised if we'll be better than 20.

it doesn't matter.

The talent on the DL just isn't there and the players aren't picking up on the zone.

HHURRICANE
08-29-2006, 09:10 AM
Once the players get acclimated and the rookies get some game time under their belts, the defense will be quite good.

All of the pieces are in place: a top shelf pass rushing end, quick and motivated tackles, good linebackers with an emerging star, and one of the most physically gifted secondaries in memory.

Who's the "top shelf" rushing end?! Who's the emerging star on D?!

justasportsfan
08-29-2006, 09:11 AM
it doesn't matter.

The talent on the DL just isn't there and the players aren't picking up on the zone.based on preseason? Like I said, we shall see.

John Doe
08-29-2006, 09:14 AM
Who's the "top shelf" rushing end?! Who's the emerging star on D?!

Aaron Schobel is one of the top pass rushers in the league.

Angelo Crowell is going to be a star.

SquishDaFish
08-29-2006, 09:21 AM
This D will be top 15 in league watch and see.

justasportsfan
08-29-2006, 09:25 AM

Angelo Crowell is going to be a star.If Spikes get's to 100% , watch out !!! I am almost sure this team is playing vanilla D since we are playing division rivals in the first 2 games.

THATHURMANATOR
Jauron has a very dumbed down offense for the pre-season. I really believe that JP will be rolling out alot and there will be some planned runs for him. Fairchild hasn't shown much on the TE's but I think they will be getting alot of playing time. The Offense will be good. Very good. I think the OL, which is not very good, did a decent job with a dumbed down O and a stationary QB and a simple running attack. They will be under less pressure with a more advanced scheme.

The Defense is fighting for 29th in the league. I see no big upside here. Our secondary will be good but Donte, Ko, and Ashton are all developing this year. Our secondary cannot carry a team that doesn't get a decent pass rush. I see a very mediocre D-line. I also think our LB's are very overrated. Crowell made alot of tackles last year but I also saw him getting manhandled alot. We can't stop the run and I see it happening again. Fletcher makes 1 great play for every 4 he get's burned on. TKO is 80% at best. The only bright spot has been Schobel. He keeps getting better and I'm not one of his fans. I thought he got alot of garbage sacks last year but he has really impressed me this year.

Any thoughts?!
How can you tell about Spikes in the couple plays he was in?

HHURRICANE

Schobel is looking good but I follow the NFL pretty closely and Schobel's name never get's mentioned. Has he been to the Pro-Bowl?! I wouldn't call him a top pass rusher.

Crowell came in for Spikes and played okay. I haven't seen anything that tells me that our undersized boy wonder is an emerging star.

Michael82
08-29-2006, 09:28 AM
I love how you say that the O doesn't scare you because you know it's just a very basic O and vanilla for the preseason. Yet you don't hold the same thoughts for the D. IMO, the defense was extremely vanilla and you will see a totally different, more aggressive D in week 1 against the Patriots. Then you will be able to see that we have a top 10-15 Defense for the year and it will get better as everyone starts gelling together.

Michael82
08-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Schobel is looking good but I follow the NFL pretty closely and Schobel's name never get's mentioned. Has he been to the Pro-Bowl?! I wouldn't call him a top pass rusher.

Crowell came in for Spikes and played okay. I haven't seen anything that tells me that our undersized boy wonder is an emerging star.
Ummm, Schobel has been in the top 10 in the league at DL for the last few years. Grab any football preview magazine, or fantasy football magazine and I bet you will see him ranked in the top 5. :up:

TedMock
08-29-2006, 09:30 AM

I agree with you on Crowell, but I'm not sure about Schobel. I like Schobel and I think he's a nice player, but I also feel that he's slightly overrated by the local fans. I'm not saying that as a knock against him either.

HHURRICANE
08-29-2006, 09:31 AM

As I have some decent inside intelligence which I post as I get it. And I am 100% CORRECT EVERYTIME, Spikes is not going to be 100%. Wether it's 80 or 90% is purely my opinion but he will not be 100%. PERIOD.

HHURRICANE
08-29-2006, 09:32 AM
I love how you say that the O doesn't scare you because you know it's just a very basic O and vanilla for the preseason. Yet you don't hold the same thoughts for the D. IMO, the defense was extremely vanilla and you will see a totally different, more aggressive D in week 1 against the Patriots. Then you will be able to see that we have a top 10-15 Defense for the year and it will get better as everyone starts gelling together.

I would love to be wrong.

justasportsfan
08-29-2006, 09:33 AM
The Defense is fighting for 29th in the league. I see no big upside here. ............

...............We can't stop the run and I see it happening again.
Any thoughts?!
Hurricane, if youre basing your opinion on gut feeling then that's fine. If you're basing it on preseason then check this out, we're already ranked 15 in total D this preseason. Ranked 18 against the rush and 14 against the pass.

John Doe
08-29-2006, 09:38 AM

Schobel was #5 in sacks last year.

Crowell had 77 tackles, 39 assists, 3 sacks, and 2 ints. in his first year starting and did not even play in the first few games.

I stand by my descriptions.

justasportsfan
08-29-2006, 09:40 AM
Great minds think alike!!.:rofl:

HHURRICANE
08-29-2006, 09:40 AM
Ummm, Schobel has been in the top 10 in the league at DL for the last few years. Grab any football preview magazine, or fantasy football magazine and I bet you will see him ranked in the top 5. :up:

2003 - 9th in sacks
2004 - 25th in sacks
2005 - 5th in sacks

I think Schobel's getting better but "top" doesn't come to mind!

John Doe
08-29-2006, 09:43 AM
2003 - 9th in sacks
2004 - 25th in sacks
2005 - 5th in sacks

I think Schobel's getting better but "top" doesn't come to mind!

5th in sacks is quite an accomplishment on a bad defense where opponents where not forced to pass often.

Schobel is one of the best.

OpIv37
08-29-2006, 09:44 AM
If Spikes get's to 100% , watch out !!! I am almost sure this team is playing vanilla D since we are playing division rivals in the first 2 games.

I hope you're right because the huge holes in the zone during preseason have me very concerned. There were numerous plays when the opposing offense completed passes and there was no defender within 5 yards.

I also saw other plays where the LB's let guys go thinking they had safety help, and there wasn't any (although, in their defense, there seemed to be less of that in the 3rd game than there was in the first).

justasportsfan
08-29-2006, 09:47 AM
I hope you're right because the huge holes in the zone during preseason have me very concerned. There were numerous plays when the opposing offense completed passes and there was no defender within 5 yards.

I also saw other plays where the LB's let guys go thinking they had safety help, and there wasn't any (although, in their defense, there seemed to be less of that in the 3rd game than there was in the first). This D is learning a new scheme and inspite of that , check out where we're ranked in preseason since that's your basis. We're already better than....... 25th?

ublinkwescore
08-29-2006, 09:47 AM

Better yet, what makes you doubt his recovery being full when he made the first tackle for us?

HHURRICANE
08-29-2006, 09:48 AM
5th in sacks is quite an accomplishment on a bad defense where opponents where not forced to pass often.

Schobel is one of the best.

"Aaron Schobel is one of the top pass rushers in the league." Top 10 maybe, so far.

2003 - 9th in sacks
2004 - 25th in sacks
2005 - 5th in sacks

Crowell ranked 15th in tackles. Fletcher was 3rd.

ublinkwescore
08-29-2006, 09:51 AM

The probowl is nothing more than a popularity contest. Jason Taylor is a far more popular name than Aaron Schoebel... Just like Jerry Rice is more popular than Peerless Price (I made that analogy because in Peerless's best season with us, Rice got the nod over him even though Price clearly had the better stats)... Watch, the same thing will happen this year - take Houshmandzadeh (sp?) from the bengals - he's clearly the best #2 reciever in the league, and his numbers will again prove it if he doesn't get hurt this year, but someone else will get the nod over him.

BTW, Schoebel was a probowl alternate either last year or the season before that I believe.

Watch out Op, I think you've got competition on the negative nancy front.

OpIv37
08-29-2006, 09:52 AM
This D is learning a new scheme and inspite of that , check out where we're ranked in preseason since that's your basis. We're already better than....... 25th?

I thought preseason stats were meaningless...

Don't forget- offenses weren't gameplanning for us because it's preseason. What Charlie Frye does in 2 quarters against this D with no game plan isn't a very good baseline for what Tom Brady will do to us with 4 qtrs and a Bellicheck game plan.

ublinkwescore
08-29-2006, 09:53 AM
As I have some decent inside intelligence which I post as I get it. And I am 100% CORRECT EVERYTIME, Spikes is not going to be 100%. Wether it's 80 or 90% is purely my opinion but he will not be 100%. PERIOD.

I see someone else has a rich friend.

HHURRICANE
08-29-2006, 09:54 AM
I feel better the Board was looking lame this AM. I'm glad to see we have some better things to talk about other than if "we should cut Holcomb" as our #3 QB!:clap:

John Doe
08-29-2006, 09:54 AM
"Aaron Schobel is one of the top pass rushers in the league." Top 10 maybe, so far.

2003 - 9th in sacks
2004 - 25th in sacks
2005 - 5th in sacks

Crowell ranked 15th in tackles. Fletcher was 3rd.

Just like I said:

Schobel is a top shelf pass rusher and Crowell is an emerging star.

HHURRICANE
08-29-2006, 09:59 AM
I see someone else has a rich friend.

My "rich friend" gives me good info so when I post it I don't get -40,000 reps!! That's why poeple get mad at me because the truth hurts! Like knowing Spikes was injured before the game he got carted off in!!

justasportsfan
08-29-2006, 10:00 AM
I thought preseason stats were meaningless...

Don't forget- offenses weren't gameplanning for us because it's preseason. What Charlie Frye does in 2 quarters against this D with no game plan isn't a very good baseline for what Tom Brady will do to us with 4 qtrs and a Bellicheck game plan.they are meaningless (in terms of regular season outcome) , so why are you and hurricane using preseason as your basis? I am only using preseason because that's what you are basing your opinion on.
I'm playing your game. Not mine.

ublinkwescore
08-29-2006, 10:01 AM
My "rich friend" gives me good info so when I post it I don't get -40,000 reps!! That's why poeple get mad at me because the truth hurts! Like knowing Spikes was injured before the game he got carted off in!!

Mularkey must die!!!

OpIv37
08-29-2006, 10:05 AM
they are meaningless (in terms of regular season outcome) , so why are you and hurricane using preseason as your basis? I am only using preseason because that's what you are basing your opinion on.

because what else do we have to go on? Last year the DL looked pretty awful in pre-season. Guess what happened during the regular season?

Last year, JP looked like he wasn't ready to start in the NFL during preseason. Guess what happened during the regular season?

Honestly, I don't think stats and numbers for the pre-season mean much because different teams leave their starters in for different amounts of time. But if you actually watch a player or a unit, you can get a pretty good feel for how they're going to do in the regular season. A game plan isn't going to make Josh Reed hold onto passes or keep Tim Anderson from getting bowled onto his ass on a running play.

justasportsfan
08-29-2006, 10:09 AM
because what else do we have to go on? Last year the DL looked pretty awful in pre-season. Guess what happened during the regular season?

Last year, JP looked like he wasn't ready to start in the NFL during preseason. Guess what happened during the regular season?

Honestly, I don't think stats and numbers for the pre-season mean much because different teams leave their starters in for different amounts of time. But if you actually watch a player or a unit, you can get a pretty good feel for how they're going to do in the regular season. A game plan isn't going to make Josh Reed hold onto passes or keep Tim Anderson from getting bowled onto his ass on a running play.
So you're telling us thats you're using preseason to formulate an opinion and then when I pull out facts about preseason they are meaningless? Like I said, I'm playing your game ,not mine.

Everyone has a different "feel" about what they see in preseason. You can't tell me what feel I should get from preseason. You're negative, I'll always have a different feel compared to yours.

madness
08-29-2006, 10:11 AM
The coaching staff has gone on record numerous times that the O and D have been very vanilla this preseason.

The D will be fine. Of course there will be growing pains but they have already have shown they can make game time adjustments, something we haven't seen in years. Teams that kept their D line fresh by rotation faired pretty well rushing the passer last year. I see them definitely being a top 20 defense.

On a side note, I like what I have been hearing about the O-line lately. This was my biggest concern but it sounds like they are coming together according to everything I've been reading. They have even gained JP's confidence recently and that's invaluable to a QB. Something we also haven't seen in years... as long as this line can stay injury free, we will see them progress as the season unfolds.

P.S. I am also correct 100% of the time. :spit: (damn my ability to keep a straight face!)

OpIv37
08-29-2006, 10:19 AM
So you're telling us thats you're using preseason to formulate an opinion and then when I pull out facts about preseason they are meaningless? Like I said, I'm playing your game ,not mine.

Everyone has a different "feel" about what they see in preseason. You can't tell me what feel I should get from preseason. You're negative, I'll always have a different feel compared to yours.

Ok, there is a difference between stats and performance. Stats from preseason games are skewed because different teams play their starters for different amounts of time. Our D is ranked better than 20th, but maybe our starting D only played a total of 3 quarters against starting offenses whereas another team's starting D may have had to play 6 quarters against starting offenses.

JP Losman is currently ranked something like 3rd in passing, but if you look at playing time, I bet he has significantly more than some of the guys he's ahead of. Peyton Manning isn't playing 2 1/2 quarters in preseason games.

But, individual performances aren't numbers. If a D-lineman is getting consistent penetration against starting offenses, we have no reason to believe that will change once it's the regular season. Similarly, if a D-lineman is on his back all preseason, there is no reason to think he will suddenly get better just because the "pre" is replaced with "regular". Stats and numbers in preseason are not accurate, but it is very possible to watch a player or unit in preseason and get a damn good idea how they'll do in the regular season.

Right now, the starting D is getting bowled over on running plays and is a step late getting to the passer in the pass rush. Do you honestly think these guys are going to suddenly be better just because it's not preseason anymore? I'm not talking about numbers- I'm talking about how they actually looked on the field.

justasportsfan
08-29-2006, 10:23 AM
Ok, there is a difference between stats and performance. Stats from preseason games are skewed because different teams play their starters for different amounts of time. Our D is ranked better than 20th, but maybe our starting D only played a total of 3 quarters against starting offenses whereas another team's starting D may have had to play 6 quarters against starting offenses.

JP Losman is currently ranked something like 3rd in passing, but if you look at playing time, I bet he has significantly more than some of the guys he's ahead of. Peyton Manning isn't playing 2 1/2 quarters in preseason games.

But, individual performances aren't numbers. If a D-lineman is getting consistent penetration against starting offenses, we have no reason to believe that will change once it's the regular season. Similarly, if a D-lineman is on his back all preseason, there is no reason to think he will suddenly get better just because the "pre" is replaced with "regular". Stats and numbers in preseason are not accurate, but it is very possible to watch a player or unit in preseason and get a damn good idea how they'll do in the regular season.

Right now, the starting D is getting bowled over on running plays and is a step late getting to the passer in the pass rush. Do you honestly think these guys are going to suddenly be better just because it's not preseason anymore? I'm not talking about numbers- I'm talking about how they actually looked on the field.

You and I have watched preseason from different perspectives (surprise! ). After watching preseason you've come up with the opinion that we'll be 25th or worse. Do you feel another bet coming?

PS - I haven't forgotten our bet that you lost. I'm just waiting for a great sig to give you.

ublinkwescore
08-29-2006, 10:26 AM
You and I have watched preseason from different perspectives (surprise! ). After watching preseason you've come up with the opinion that we'll be 25th or worse. Do you feel another bet coming?

PS - I haven't forgotten our bet that you lost. I'm just waiting for a great sig to give you.

If you want my help with that, feel free to ask - Put something with Tom Brady in it... :snicker:

OpIv37
08-29-2006, 10:37 AM

I'm still a little concerned about the fumbles, but the bet wasn't that Losman alleviated concern- it was that he fumbled 1 time or less. You won fair and square- I'm waiting.

As far as the D, I see holes in the zone, I see the team getting blown off the ball- in fact, I think the run D has actually gotten worse. In the first game, I remember them being surprisingly good and actually being impressed by how quickly the safeties were coming up for run support. In the most recent game, I just remember seeing the DL getting completely knocked backwards on runs and the safety support wasn't there until it was too late (4-6 yards past the LOS).

I just don't see why those things are going to get magically better once the season starts, especially considering that offenses will actually be game planning for us.

John Doe
08-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Opposing offenses are averaging 3.6 yards per rush against the Bills this preseason.

OpIv37
08-29-2006, 10:39 AM
If you want my help with that, feel free to ask - Put something with Tom Brady in it... :snicker:

hey, pipe down. I'm sure he'll come up with something plenty embarrassing without ideas from the rest of you degenerates.

mysticsoto
08-29-2006, 10:40 AM

Op, I'm not sure it's valid to use preseason sometimes to evaluate performance and not other times. In fact, I would say don't use preseason at all!!! As an example, Washington is 0-3 right now. Do you honestly believe that they will be terrible in the league? They will probably have a top 5 defense. Preseason doesn't mean anything except for those that are on the bubble for being cut. Plain and simple.

OpIv37
08-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Opposing offenses are averaging 3.6 yards per rush against the Bills this preseason.

but how much of that is their backups running against our back-ups? Or our starting D against their backup RB? That's why preseason stats are meaningless- the stats are for the whole game and include participation by a lot of players who either aren't on the team any more or won't see significant playing time during the regular season.

Hence, I'm focusing on what I saw- how the players actually looked during the games- instead of numbers.

OpIv37
08-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Op, I'm not sure it's valid to use preseason sometimes to evaluate performance and not other times. In fact, I would say don't use preseason at all!!! As an example, Washington is 0-3 right now. Do you honestly believe that they will be terrible in the league? They will probably have a top 5 defense. Preseason doesn't mean anything except for those that are on the bubble for being cut. Plain and simple.

It's always valid to use preseason to evaluate performance. But in the case of preseason, stats aren't sufficient evaluation, and wins and losses aren't sufficient either. You have to look at how the players actually performed on the field. Players don't get magically better or magically worse once the season starts.

You're talking about evaluating the entire Redskins team on an 0-3 record. You're right- at this point it's not fair to evaluate them. But at the player level, it's perfectly reasonable to make evaluations during pre-season. In fact, that's how the coaches decide who makes the team and to some degree, who starts.

justasportsfan
08-29-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm still a little concerned about the fumbles, but the bet wasn't that Losman alleviated concern- it was that he fumbled 1 time or less. You won fair and square- I'm waiting.

As far as the D, I see holes in the zone, I see the team getting blown off the ball- in fact, I think the run D has actually gotten worse. In the first game, I remember them being surprisingly good and actually being impressed by how quickly the safeties were coming up for run support. In the most recent game, I just remember seeing the DL getting completely knocked backwards on runs and the safety support wasn't there until it was too late (4-6 yards past the LOS).

I just don't see why those things are going to get magically better once the season starts, especially considering that offenses will actually be game planning for us.
Teams play vanilla D's and O's against us. We do the same against them. So it's hard to formulate and opinion.

However , if you are going to use these preseason mistakes to fromulate an opinion, why can't I use these useless facts too?

I doubt we're throwing out D's in preseason to win games.Under Marv, preseason is an audition more than anything else.

Marv's 90's team was one of the worst preseason teams. It didn't translate to losses as a matter of fact, the opposite happened.

HHURRICANE
08-29-2006, 10:48 AM

Hard to argue with this!

Like I said the O will be good the D will not be good. However let me qualify one point. Good for the OL might be 15th and bad for the D might be 26th. I will put money on our D not being in the top 20!!

justasportsfan
08-29-2006, 10:51 AM
It's always valid to use preseason to evaluate performance. But in the case of preseason, stats aren't sufficient evaluation, and wins and losses aren't sufficient either. .

So if a player makes a sack or int which ends up being a preseason stat, it shouldn't reflect on his performance?

justasportsfan
08-29-2006, 10:54 AM
The Defense is fighting for 29th in the league.!

I will put money on our D not being in the top 20!!

Say what?

OpIv37
08-29-2006, 10:56 AM
So if a player makes a sack or int which ends up being a preseason stat, it shouldn't reflect on his performance?

it should be taken as a good sign- if a player is getting sacks or INT's in the preseason, there's a good chance they'll be getting some sacks or INT's in the regular season.

I see your trap- you're going to say "well Tim Anderson got a sack in the last preseason game". But if you said that, you'd be contradicting yourself. Why? Because when we were talking about Losman's fumbles, you said it was a "fluke" because he's never had a fumbling problem before. Well, Tim Anderson's never racked up sacks before, so by your logic, this sack was a "fluke"- a positive one for us, but a fluke nonetheless.

mysticsoto
08-29-2006, 11:00 AM
It's always valid to use preseason to evaluate performance. But in the case of preseason, stats aren't sufficient evaluation, and wins and losses aren't sufficient either. You have to look at how the players actually performed on the field. Players don't get magically better or magically worse once the season starts.

You're talking about evaluating the entire Redskins team on an 0-3 record. You're right- at this point it's not fair to evaluate them. But at the player level, it's perfectly reasonable to make evaluations during pre-season. In fact, that's how the coaches decide who makes the team and to some degree, who starts.

Perhaps, Op, but if individual performance was enough, Washington would have several superbowls in the last couple of years. It's how you play as a team that counts in wins and the schemes and calls made also. All are needed and right now, we haven't seen much of the 2nd half of the equation that goes into winning games. We do know that with bad play calling, we can lose a 21 pt lead in 1 quarter (as was evidenced last year)...

Typ0
08-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Someone better step up and give us a much better pass rush or we're screwed on D. It's nice we blew a #8 pick on DW but it's not going to mean squat if we don't get a much better pass rush. No defensive back can cover a receiver for any amount of time. Get to the QB or our defense isn't going to do much of anything.

Mitchy moo
08-29-2006, 11:59 AM

Your a white puppy in a snowstorm here, lost.

HHURRICANE
08-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Someone better step up and give us a much better pass rush or we're screwed on D. It's nice we blew a #8 pick on DW but it's not going to mean squat if we don't get a much better pass rush. No defensive back can cover a receiver for any amount of time. Get to the QB or our defense isn't going to do much of anything.

Finally agree on something!!

justasportsfan
08-29-2006, 04:33 PM
it should be taken as a good sign- if a player is getting sacks or INT's in the preseason, there's a good chance they'll be getting some sacks or INT's in the regular season.

I see your trap- you're going to say "well Tim Anderson got a sack in the last preseason game". But if you said that, you'd be contradicting yourself. Why? Because when we were talking about Losman's fumbles, you said it was a "fluke" because he's never had a fumbling problem before. Well, Tim Anderson's never racked up sacks before, so by your logic, this sack was a "fluke"- a positive one for us, but a fluke nonetheless.what trap are you talking about? Preseason counts in terms of evaluating players. You can't tell me that Jp's nos. didn't mean anything to Jauron either compared to Holcomb's.

Performance and stats go hand in hand.