X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Offense is good, Defense is bad!

Jauron has a very dumbed down offense for the pre-season. I really believe that JP will be rolling out alot and there will be some planned runs for him. Fairchild hasn't shown much on the TE's but I think they will be getting alot of playing time. The Offense will be good. Very good. I think the OL, which is not very good, did a decent job with a dumbed down O and a stationary QB and a simple running attack. They will be under less pressure with a more advanced scheme.

The Defense is fighting for 29th in the league. I see no big upside here. Our secondary will be good but Donte, Ko, and Ashton are all developing this year. Our secondary cannot carry a team that doesn't get a decent pass rush. I see a very mediocre D-line. I also think our LB's are very overrated. Crowell made alot of tackles last year but I also saw him getting manhandled alot. We can't stop the run and I see it happening again. Fletcher makes 1 great play for every 4 he get's burned on. TKO is 80% at best. The only bright spot has been Schobel. He keeps getting better and I'm not one of his fans. I thought he got alot of garbage sacks last year but he has really impressed me this year.

Any thoughts?!
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Offense is good, Defense is bad!

I think they're improving in run D with swarming to the ball. The Pass D will take time and I hope the Zone D is either improved or abandoned. The big problem is lack of pressure on the QB. Most times, the opposing QB has plenty of time to throw.

The OL is a work in progress and is painfully thin in depth. JP will have games where he's running for his life. I think we do have talent at the skill positions.

Next years Draft calls for a pass rushing DE and 2-3 more OL.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Ha- I said almost the exact same thing the other day.

I think the Offense will finish no worse than 20th in the league, possibly even in the top half of the league.

I think the D will finish no better than 20th and quite possibly 25th or worse.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

We shall see. You people forget Dick is a D coach. I doubt our D will be top 10 but I wouldn't be surprised if we'll be better than 20.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
          Ha- I said almost the exact same thing the other day.

I think the Offense will finish no worse than 20th in the league, possibly even in the top half of the league.

I think the D will finish no better than 20th and quite possibly 25th or worse.
          Great minds think alike!! I think our O turned the corner with Fairchild and with OL help next year I think we might have a San Diego type attack. That's a quick recovery from MM. Unfortunately TD's nightmare will continue on D. Kelsay, Denney, Fletcher, Anderson and the untalented draft picks under his era are going to linger until next year.

Comment

• John Doe
            Florida Man
            • Jul 2002

Once the players get acclimated and the rookies get some game time under their belts, the defense will be quite good.

All of the pieces are in place: a top shelf pass rushing end, quick and motivated tackles, good linebackers with an emerging star, and one of the most physically gifted secondaries in memory.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              We shall see. You people forget Dick is a D coach. I doubt our D will be top 10 but I wouldn't be surprised if we'll be better than 20.
              it doesn't matter.

The talent on the DL just isn't there and the players aren't picking up on the zone.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by John Doe
                Once the players get acclimated and the rookies get some game time under their belts, the defense will be quite good.

All of the pieces are in place: a top shelf pass rushing end, quick and motivated tackles, good linebackers with an emerging star, and one of the most physically gifted secondaries in memory.
                Who's the "top shelf" rushing end?! Who's the emerging star on D?!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  it doesn't matter.

The talent on the DL just isn't there and the players aren't picking up on the zone.
                  based on preseason? Like I said, we shall see.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• John Doe
                    Florida Man
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    Who's the "top shelf" rushing end?! Who's the emerging star on D?!
                    Aaron Schobel is one of the top pass rushers in the league.

Angelo Crowell is going to be a star.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

This D will be top 15 in league watch and see.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

If Spikes get's to 100% , watch out !!! I am almost sure this team is playing vanilla D since we are playing division rivals in the first 2 games.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          Jauron has a very dumbed down offense for the pre-season. I really believe that JP will be rolling out alot and there will be some planned runs for him. Fairchild hasn't shown much on the TE's but I think they will be getting alot of playing time. The Offense will be good. Very good. I think the OL, which is not very good, did a decent job with a dumbed down O and a stationary QB and a simple running attack. They will be under less pressure with a more advanced scheme.

The Defense is fighting for 29th in the league. I see no big upside here. Our secondary will be good but Donte, Ko, and Ashton are all developing this year. Our secondary cannot carry a team that doesn't get a decent pass rush. I see a very mediocre D-line. I also think our LB's are very overrated. Crowell made alot of tackles last year but I also saw him getting manhandled alot. We can't stop the run and I see it happening again. Fletcher makes 1 great play for every 4 he get's burned on. TKO is 80% at best. The only bright spot has been Schobel. He keeps getting better and I'm not one of his fans. I thought he got alot of garbage sacks last year but he has really impressed me this year.

Any thoughts?!
                          How can you tell about Spikes in the couple plays he was in?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Schobel is looking good but I follow the NFL pretty closely and Schobel's name never get's mentioned. Has he been to the Pro-Bowl?! I wouldn't call him a top pass rusher.

Crowell came in for Spikes and played okay. I haven't seen anything that tells me that our undersized boy wonder is an emerging star.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

I love how you say that the O doesn't scare you because you know it's just a very basic O and vanilla for the preseason. Yet you don't hold the same thoughts for the D. IMO, the defense was extremely vanilla and you will see a totally different, more aggressive D in week 1 against the Patriots. Then you will be able to see that we have a top 10-15 Defense for the year and it will get better as everyone starts gelling together.

Comment

Working...
                              X