PDA

View Full Version : I an open wager offer...

ublinkwescore
08-29-2006, 10:23 AM
I will bet anyone on here that the Bills will win AT LEAST 7 games this season - we get to play the Lions, the Texans, the Packers, the Vikings, the Titans, the Jets, and we'll steal one from the Dolphins, if not pull off an unexpected sweep, then there will be that unexpected upset somewhere - maybe the Bears or the Colts - take your pick. Somewhere between those 9 possible games (because two teams are division rivals), we'll pull off 7 W's.

justasportsfan
08-29-2006, 10:24 AM
that should be a sucker bet as far as Pat Moran is concerned.

ublinkwescore
08-29-2006, 10:27 AM
that should be a sucker bet as far as Pat Moran is concerned.

Actually, I was kinda hoping Op would go for it since we just absolutely suck and what not.

gr8slayer
08-29-2006, 10:27 AM
The way the Pats appear to be falling apart dont be suprised if we steal one from them as well

ublinkwescore
08-29-2006, 10:28 AM
If we pull that off, I'll be so happy - I'd have to rub it in a certain firecaptain's face that I know - who happens to be a pats fan.

ublinkwescore
08-29-2006, 10:30 AM
Gee, I wonder who would have negged me for this thread?

ublinkwescore
08-29-2006, 10:31 AM
something's wrong with the Zone or something - this thread should be titled "I offer an open wager" not "I an open wager offer"

ICE74129
08-29-2006, 11:07 AM
I will bet anyone on here that the Bills will win AT LEAST 7 games this season - we get to play the Lions, the Texans, the Packers, the Vikings, the Titans, the Jets, and we'll steal one from the Dolphins, if not pull off an unexpected sweep, then there will be that unexpected upset somewhere - maybe the Bears or the Colts - take your pick. Somewhere between those 9 possible games (because two teams are division rivals), we'll pull off 7 W's.

IF this OL can start run blocking, I agree 7 wins is possible and shows improvement which is all we can ask for at this point.

ICE74129
08-29-2006, 11:08 AM
The way the Pats appear to be falling apart dont be suprised if we steal one from them as well

I say we beat them at home after the Bye. Anyone with me on this?

HAMMER
08-29-2006, 11:24 AM

Falling apart? Hardly, they appear poised to take the division again. You must not have seen any of their preseason.

OpIv37
08-29-2006, 11:53 AM

if you're thinking it was me, you're wrong. I always sign my negs unless I know for sure the person is a donor and will know who it was.

ICE74129
08-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Falling apart? Hardly, they appear poised to take the division again. You must not have seen any of their preseason.

Disagree. I think this is the year they go toes up.

Philagape
08-29-2006, 12:15 PM
I agree with at least 7.

SquishDaFish
08-29-2006, 12:45 PM
I will also offer to join your bet because I think we will win at least 7 or 8 games.

HHURRICANE
08-29-2006, 12:52 PM

Uhhh, I have had this bet out there for at least 3 months!! Mine is for $1,000 which, no matter what, goes to a local buffalo charity!! But i do agree with you!

HHURRICANE
08-29-2006, 12:54 PM

I'm sure it's the same guy who thought Holcomb should be the starter.

ublinkwescore
08-29-2006, 01:47 PM
Tackling Dumb@$$...

BillsFever21
08-29-2006, 07:59 PM

You're expecting 7 wins between them 9 games? You're dreaming now. Sit down and relax. Maybe for the entire year if we're lucky. No chance in hell out of them 9 games listed above.

Sure we have some bad teams there like the Lions, Packers, Texans, Vikings, Titans and Jets, but what you fail to realize is we're not any better then most of them teams are. We're not that much better that we're gonna sweep every one of them games. If that's your opinion then you must be expecting 10+ wins this year. Put the Jack Daniels down.

I will bet you that there are fans on the Lions, Packers, Texans, Vikings, Titans and Jets posting or sitting there somewhere at this very moment saying the same thing because they play the Bills.

If we were the Ravens or some team like that who are a borderline playoff team then we could say that. We're not though and we fall into the same class as them teams. We drafted right along with them this year and we didn't improve that much this year so how are we that much better then them guys that they turn into easy games? They're not easy games with our team. They will be our best chances of winning this season but they aren't gimmie games.

We play the Jets, Vikings, Packers and Titans at home. If we're lucky then home field advantage will give us 3 wins out of them. Odds are though that we will split them games.

We play the Lions, Jets and Texans on the road. Unless we have totally changed then we're still terrible on the road and considering we're not much better then them that gives them the better chance to win. We will win 1 of them and 2 of them if we're lucky.

Out of them 7 games we will go either 4-3 or 3-4.

That means we still need 4-5 wins from the rest of the schedule to win 8 games and 3-4 to "win at least 7"

We have Miami, New England, Jaguars and Chargers at home. They are clearly the better teams. If we win 2 of these we will have god on our side.

We play Chicago, Indy, Ravens, Miami and New England on the road. All clearly better teams. We're not beating Indy, Chicago or New England on the road. We may split and score a win with either the Ravens or Dolphins on the road.

So the best case scenerio in my opinion is 4 wins from the equal teams mentioned above. Three wins from the good teams mentioned below. That would give us 7 wins if everything goes perfect.

Worse case scenerio is 3 wins from the equal teams mentioned above and 2 wins from the better teams mentioned below.

I see us with anywhere between 5-7 wins. "At least 7 wins" is the ceiling and not the floor. Let alone 7 wins just out of them 9 games like we're gonna sweep all of them bad teams because we're that much better.

We're looking at another Top 10 draft pick this year. Hopefully there will be a great LT there and Marv will finally address that position unlike this offseason.

ublinkwescore
08-29-2006, 09:29 PM
You're expecting 7 wins between them 9 games? You're dreaming now. Sit down and relax. Maybe for the entire year if we're lucky. No chance in hell out of them 9 games listed above.

Sure we have some bad teams there like the Lions, Packers, Texans, Vikings, Titans and Jets, but what you fail to realize is we're not any better then most of them teams are. We're not that much better that we're gonna sweep every one of them games. If that's your opinion then you must be expecting 10+ wins this year. Put the Jack Daniels down.

I will bet you that there are fans on the Lions, Packers, Texans, Vikings, Titans and Jets posting or sitting there somewhere at this very moment saying the same thing because they play the Bills.

If we were the Ravens or some team like that who are a borderline playoff team then we could say that. We're not though and we fall into the same class as them teams. We drafted right along with them this year and we didn't improve that much this year so how are we that much better then them guys that they turn into easy games? They're not easy games with our team. They will be our best chances of winning this season but they aren't gimmie games.

We play the Jets, Vikings, Packers and Titans at home. If we're lucky then home field advantage will give us 3 wins out of them. Odds are though that we will split them games.

We play the Lions, Jets and Texans on the road. Unless we have totally changed then we're still terrible on the road and considering we're not much better then them that gives them the better chance to win. We will win 1 of them and 2 of them if we're lucky.

Out of them 7 games we will go either 4-3 or 3-4.

That means we still need 4-5 wins from the rest of the schedule to win 8 games and 3-4 to "win at least 7"

We have Miami, New England, Jaguars and Chargers at home. They are clearly the better teams. If we win 2 of these we will have god on our side.

We play Chicago, Indy, Ravens, Miami and New England on the road. All clearly better teams. We're not beating Indy, Chicago or New England on the road. We may split and score a win with either the Ravens or Dolphins on the road.

So the best case scenerio in my opinion is 4 wins from the equal teams mentioned above. Three wins from the good teams mentioned below. That would give us 7 wins if everything goes perfect.

Worse case scenerio is 3 wins from the equal teams mentioned above and 2 wins from the better teams mentioned below.

I see us with anywhere between 5-7 wins. "At least 7 wins" is the ceiling and not the floor. Let alone 7 wins just out of them 9 games like we're gonna sweep all of them bad teams because we're that much better.

We're looking at another Top 10 draft pick this year. Hopefully there will be a great LT there and Marv will finally address that position unlike this offseason.

I'm sorry, but I refuse to acknowledge that miami is clearly a better team than we are. We should have swept them last year - I truly believe our players take the rivalry thing more seriously than theirs do.

Second off, we ARE BETTER than the Lions, the Packers, the Titans and the Texans. End of subject. The Jets will be a tough pair of games for us - because they're a division rival, but they're going to have a new inexperienced coach - that team will go through more growing pains than we will.

I hate Jack Daniels, but I'll drink it socially.

maybe I'm putting the floor awefully close to the cieling - I doubt we'll win more than 9, but this young team is very athletically gifted, and can apparently score from anywhere on the field. Getting Spikes back will be huge for our D.

Typ0
08-29-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm sorry, but I refuse to acknowledge that miami is clearly a better team than we are. We should have swept them last year - I truly believe our players take the rivalry thing more seriously than theirs do.

Second off, we ARE BETTER than the Lions, the Packers, the Titans and the Texans. End of subject. The Jets will be a tough pair of games for us - because they're a division rival, but they're going to have a new inexperienced coach - that team will go through more growing pains than we will.

maybe I'm putting the floor awefully close to the cieling - I doubt we'll win more than 9, but this young team is very athletically gifted, and can apparently score from anywhere on the field. Getting Spikes back will be huge for our D.

as we've seen the last few years being athletically gifted is overrated. You really MUST have two things to win in the NFL. First, you have to have decent performance from ALL positions on the field. The ability of each team discrepancy is not that large and one big weakness is easily exploited to the point of a loss. Second, you need good decision making from the coaching staff. Rarely can those guys win games for you...but they sure can shoot themselves in the foot very quickly.

!Papacrunk!
08-29-2006, 10:19 PM
Last year was last year, but since it's fun to reminisce, here's my two nutshells for the two games.
1st game--we shot ourselves so many times in the foot during that game, we shouldn't have any more feet left. During that game we were penalized 18 times and committed 5 turnovers, and we were one turnover from possibly winning that game. Taken from the Miami Herald/Armando Salguero:

On Buffalo's first scoring drive, the Dolphins helped the cause with three penalties. On Buffalo's second scoring drive, the Dolphins helped the Bills with two penalties. Buffalo's third scoring drive was set up by a turnover, and the Dolphins had a key penalty inside their 5-yard line.
Buffalo's final scoring drive was set up by a 15-yard taunting penalty against tight end Randy McMichael. And Miami's last-gasp attempt at a comeback was dashed by a Ronnie Brown fumble.
Who really knows what could have happened if Ronnie didn't fumble, maybe an INT would've been thrown and the same results would've occurred.

2nd Game:With 21 points put up by Mike Mularkey's offense (ok, that was an obvious dig, got to be entertaining here sometimes,) the Bills should've won that 2nd game. Mularkey's call to throw on 1st and goal on the three was a pretty lame and cocky idea. Don't forget that MM wasn't calling the defensive plays that allowed Chris Chambers and his 238 yards, and our 2nd string QB(3rd the year before,) to come back in that game. Either MM didn't make the proper adjustments at half, which a lot of you have pointed out as one of his deficencies, or Saban was able to make remarkable adjustments with his D at half.

With all of that said, that was last year and has no bearings on what will happen this year. This early in the season I say we split the series, just like Buffalo is tough in the cold, Miami plays well in the humid heat. The last meeting will depend on the mindsets of both teams at that time of the year and the tribulations both have experienced and endured until that point. Call it a fluke (with the positive December run,) but I like the mindset of the coach we have now going into December compared to the lack of mindset we had w/ Wanny that contributed to the chokings late in the season previously.

TigerJ
08-29-2006, 10:26 PM
I'm predicing 7-8 wins, so obviously I won't be betting against you.

Mr. Pink
08-30-2006, 05:16 AM

We are better than the Lions? They have a young talented runningback and plenty of offensive weapons. They also worked on improving their D in the offseason. Still their D is as bad as our O and their O is as good as our D. Call it even. Definitely a winnable game but a guarantee, hardly.

Packers? Another even team with ours with a slight edge to the Pack. Gado or Green runs well this year, another Favre in his prime year and their a legitimate contender to win their divison. Without either of those, another winnable game.

Titans? I fail to see the difference between us and the Titans...we're equally as bad. Winnable game too.

And the Texans....I will guarantee the Texans win more games than the Bills this year. They are also a year removed from being an improving team like us.

The Jets always play us tough because of the rivalry....to say they'll have more growing pains then us is a stretch though because seemingly every coach under Parcells/Belichick has success of some sort...Crennel took an outright bad Browns team to 6 wins last year. The Jets will be better then what some people think although losing C-Mart for the year is gonna be tough for them.

Here's the games we'll win...Split the Jets, Beat the Pack, beat the Ravens in week 17-either the Ravens will be good and have nothing to play for or they'll completely suck by then. Swing games...Lions, Titans, Chargers-depending on Phillip Rivers, Dolphins in December-generally they don't play well here in December.

So we're looking at a 3 to 7 win team. 7 if all the bounces go our way, 5 is more realistic. As long as we can show improvement and some signs of competing week in and week out, I'll be happy.