PDA

View Full Version : Dick announces to the Media before the rest of the team.

BidsJr
08-29-2006, 03:52 PM
I think it is a message of authority that Dick announced this to the media first. None of this talking to the team first saying "now lets all support this to the media" garbage. The coaches are picking the best players for the team and the players are going to have to trust the coaches judgement.

Like Jauron said in the presser "I don't spend a whole lot of time in there so I don't know what they think" (meaning locker room gossip)

I think this is a good approach and he shouldn't be in there listening to players whine and complain.

patmoran2006
08-29-2006, 03:54 PM
I disagree.. man up and talk to your players BEFORE telling the media anything.

HHURRICANE
08-29-2006, 03:57 PM

Yeah, player's coaches are so successful in this league. All MM was missing was a headset for Fletcher and Spikes. Jauron already has my respect. Something that MM never got.

BidsJr
08-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Yeah, player's coaches are so successful in this league. All MM was missing was a headset for Fletcher and Spikes. Jauron already has my respect. Something that MM never got.

Don't forget Moulds banging his head up underneath his desk.

BidsJr
08-29-2006, 03:58 PM

He doesn't answer to the players the players answer to him. Didhe need to have a team meeting before announcing Kyle Williams is a starter on the D-Line. Give me a break.

:horsecrap:

YardRat
08-29-2006, 04:17 PM
The players already knew it. Maybe they weren't flat out informed by Jauron, but they knew.

ICE74129
08-29-2006, 06:20 PM
Now I want to see him have the sac to put stop to any locker room BS if JP Struggles. I don't care if its spikes, they can STFU and go do thier jobs

!Papacrunk!
08-29-2006, 06:39 PM
I'm curious to know how long it will be, through the positives and negatives, to fully evaluate JP? Will it be at the end of this season, next, season, which one? It just seems like because of his past he was considered a rookie last year, but because of him getting prematurely yanked, it wasn't a complete season for a complete evaluation. So how long, in today's NFL, will JP's true ability be known? It seems in today's NFL that the patience for a QB has really dwindled in the eyes of coaches and fans.

BidsJr
08-29-2006, 06:47 PM
I'm curious to know how long it will be, through the positives and negatives, to fully evaluate JP? Will it be at the end of this season, next, season, which one? It just seems like because of his past he was considered a rookie last year, but because of him getting prematurely yanked, it wasn't a complete season for a complete evaluation. So how long, in today's NFL, will JP's true ability be known? It seems in today's NFL that the patience for a QB has really dwindled in the eyes of coaches and fans.

16 games this season.

If he is good, then this discussion doesn't matter.

If he is horrible, then we get a high draft pick next year to start over.

John Doe
08-29-2006, 07:13 PM
The players already knew it. Maybe they weren't flat out informed by Jauron, but they knew.

They had to know.

Captain gameboy
08-29-2006, 07:15 PM
There isn't a human alive who didn't know.

YardRat
08-29-2006, 07:26 PM
Now I want to see him have the sac to put stop to any locker room BS if JP Struggles. I don't care if its spikes, they can STFU and go do thier jobs

You know, ICE, maybe you should give Jauron the same benefit you're stumping for JP to get...a full 16 game season.

HHURRICANE
08-29-2006, 09:09 PM

Everything is relative. If he has a passer rating of 35 for the first 3 games he's gonna get yanked. But realistically he should get 8 games in a row. Than if he's still struggling it's going to be game by game. A full season would be great and fair. I just don't know if it's realistic. Either way JP had better perform because he's out of chances.

ICE74129
08-29-2006, 09:49 PM
16 games this season.

If he is good, then this discussion doesn't matter.

If he is horrible, then we get a high draft pick next year to start over.

There ya go

ICE74129
08-29-2006, 09:49 PM
You know, ICE, maybe you should give Jauron the same benefit you're stumping for JP to get...a full 16 game season.

How many 16 game seasons has DJ had as a HC already? How many for JP? Nuff said

LifetimeBillsFan
08-30-2006, 04:15 AM

If anything, I think that, considering the comments that Lee Evans ("It's pretty much set in stone....") and Willis McGahee made after the Cleveland game, the players were pretty much calling on Jauron to name JP the starter rather than waiting for him to do it. Pretty much the reverse of the situation that existed last year.

But, I don't believe Jauron when he says that he doesn't know what's going on in the lockerroom--I'm sure that he does and that it does influence the way that he goes about doing certain things. Not that it changes what he is going to do, but in the sense that it influences how he may present it to the team or go about getting the team to do what he wants them to do.

As for how long Jauron with stick with JP: I think it will depend on things that may not be entirely obvious to us fans--whether he is showing a regression in how he is making his reads, whether he is losing confidence in himself, whether he continues making the same mistakes over and over again when he should have learned what to do to avoid those specific mistakes, etc.

If JP makes the kinds of mistakes that coaches consider to be the product of youth and inexperience, things that he can learn to overcome, etc., and shows that he is still learning and progressing, even if it doesn't always show in the games, I think that Jauron will stick with him, regardless of the record. But, if he starts to regress, fails to learn from his mistakes, loses his confidence, etc., I think that Jauron will pull him--maybe only for a couple of games, just to give him a breathing space and a chance to clear his head if he is overwhelmed. But, unless Nall shows a lot more than JP in practice, I think that Jauron will give JP a pretty long leash so long as he maintains an even keel emotionally and does not show signs of falling into a progressive regression in his development. IMHO, they know that JP has all of the physical ability that you could ask for and now they want to find out if he has the proper make-up to be a successful NFL QB from here on out--and they are going to test him.

Both Jauron and Levy have a history of pulling QBs who struggle when coaching teams without a clear-cut # 1, so it would not surprise me to see them pull JP at some point this season if he struggles. I don't htink it will be the end of the world if that happens, but I do think that it will be a sign that they may not be entirely convinced that JP has the make-up to be a top-flight QB down the road. That will depend on how he responds to that and what they do afterwards.

ICE74129
08-30-2006, 06:36 AM
Both Jauron and Levy have a history of pulling QBs who struggle when coaching teams without a clear-cut # 1, so it would not surprise me to see them pull JP at some point this season if he struggles. I don't htink it will be the end of the world if that happens, but I do think that it will be a sign that they may not be entirely convinced that JP has the make-up to be a top-flight QB down the road. That will depend on how he responds to that and what they do afterwards.

And thats why both have horrible coaching records thier first time around. Even with Todd Collins Marv stayed with him because he learned thats the RIGHT THING TO DO.

Again we are going to see with the handling of JP this season, if we have a prayer with Jauron as a HC.

patmoran2006
08-30-2006, 07:22 AM
What a crock of horse-****.

If a player is being benched, should he find out about it from his head coach, or from Paul Hamilton from WGR.

You gotta be kidding me.

Historian
08-30-2006, 07:29 AM

If a player is being benched, should he find out about it from his head coach, or from Paul Hamilton from WGR.

You gotta be kidding me.

I would like to hear it from my boss personally, as well as what I need to work on to become more productive in his eyes.

But that's just my preference.

Game is right. This was pretty obvious, even to a casual fan, IMO.

BidsJr
08-30-2006, 07:52 AM

You gotta be kidding me.

This post must be in the wrong thread cause that isn't what we are talking about.

Dick talked to all the QB's before he talked to the media so you're point is?

This happy, happy, feely thing about bringing people together so we all can be happy is for people and leaders who lack conviction.

When a good CEO makes a decision he could give a donkeys arse about what everyone else thinks because it is his job on the line not theirs.

It is the job of a subordinate to follow the lead of the superior, has been for all eternity.

Everything else is just liberal thinking.

madness
08-30-2006, 09:28 AM
This post must be in the wrong thread cause that isn't what we are talking about.

Dick talked to all the QB's before he talked to the media so you're point is?

This happy, happy, feely thing about bringing people together so we all can be happy is for people and leaders who lack conviction.

When a good CEO makes a decision he could give a donkeys arse about what everyone else thinks because it is his job on the line not theirs.

It is the job of a subordinate to follow the lead of the superior, has been for all eternity.

Everything else is just liberal thinking.

:bf1:

Saratoga Slim
08-30-2006, 09:47 AM

You gotta be kidding me.

He did tell each of the QBs personally.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060830/SPORTS03/608300373/tbd/

Only a coach with no social awareness whatsoever would go to the media before telling Holcomb and Nall. Jauron's smarter than that.