PDA

View Full Version : Think our team is bad off?

Gunzlingr
08-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Read this article (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/08/26/giants.jets/index.html)on the Jets. Sucks to be them. It also talks about how poorly Eli has been doing. Makes me think JP isn't such a bad option after all.

dplus47
08-29-2006, 04:43 PM
from what i've seen, the jets are much worse than the bills.

as for eli, i have never been a big fan. he may be "good enough," but i don't think he'll ever live up to being the #1 pick overall.

North_Coast
08-29-2006, 05:42 PM
I think the QB position has ceased being a problem for the Bills. That doesn't mean that JP isn't going to stink it up occaisionally -- as every QB, especially a young one, does when the D forces him to do what he doesn't want to do -- but I think, overall, the Bills have had decent QBing from their starter (JP) and their presumptive backup (Craig).

rdmercer83
08-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Lets not forget that we still have McGahee in the backfield which will reduce the number of passes Losman has to throw. We're still a running team that can pass, not the other way around!:darth:

Captain gameboy
08-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Lets not forget that we still have McGahee in the backfield which will reduce the number of passes Losman has to throw. We're still a running team that can pass, not the other way around!:darth:

Unfortunately, we're not anything yet.

We haven't been able to run in a decade.

LifetimeBillsFan
08-30-2006, 03:38 AM
Eli has had the advantage of having a much better coach and defense as well as a very good TE and a somewhat better O-line to help bail him out when he has struggled.

If the Bills had a HC who stood behind Losman the way that Coughlin stood behind Eli and a defense that kept the team in games the way the Giants' D did instead of a defense that laid down and complained about being on the field too much, JP would have been much further along than he is now. If you look at Eli's first 8 starts and JP's eight starts last season, there isn't that much of a difference in their numbers in most areas.

As for the Jets: the Bills are rebuilding and have a long way to go still, the Jets are rebuilding, too, but have an even longer way to go. I have some questions about how well Mangini's approach will go over with some of the Jets' players and how much patience their owner will have with him and their GM if they have problems with their players (some are already unhappy) and don't get things turned around rather quickly. We'll just have to see....