PDA

View Full Version : the SLUG, or the ORIGINAL 3rd jersey?

im4bflo
08-29-2006, 09:01 PM
Let's see if anybody is interested in buying the new logo?
We'll get a little sample of how it may go down the end of Sept.
And let's say, the SLUG is between two swords like I've seen here before, and not just by itself.
Who's for change? And who's for the throwback logo?
I'm dead set on the original logo, you couldn't do anything to that SLUG that would look good to me.
What's your plans?
And if you're just waiting to see the new logo to make a decision, then you may buy it, so we'll count you for the SLUG.
Let's see where we're at, just on the board.

Fennernen
08-29-2006, 09:46 PM
I'm waiting to see it... I have faith in our ownership, and I'd like to actually see what the new jersey looks like before I form any definite opinions on it....

Good question though, speaking of questions, let's see if anyone has any questions to ask in response to me saying:

You remind me of the babe...

Myers57
08-30-2006, 11:16 AM
i really dont mind the slug too much

i really wished they could have made it a variation of the previous sabre third jersey which i think is the best one out of all of them

pyrrhonist
08-30-2006, 11:41 AM
I already know that I love the classic blue & gold, but I've adopted a "wait & see" approach as to whether or not I'll end up buying any of the new jerseys. I need to see the final jersey before I give my final verdict.

JD
08-30-2006, 12:26 PM
The slug logo WILL NOT have swords in it.

It will be the Slug, shooting over a fancy word mark that says "Sabres"

Michael82
08-30-2006, 02:01 PM
**** the Buffaslug! :mad:

im4bflo
08-30-2006, 06:04 PM
Yikes, It's kind of looking like 50/50 right now,
I'm surprised so many fans would give that SLUG a chance.
This worry's me a little, it means that stinking SLUG actually has a chance :down:
No matter what, I'm not spending a cent on that SLUG,
LONG LIVE the ORIGINAL LOGO!
GO SABRES!!!

Historian
08-30-2006, 08:15 PM
I'd rather keep the goat head.
:ill:

Nighthawk
08-30-2006, 08:22 PM
I'm waiting to see what it looks like on a jersey. Let's just say that I have a pretty good reason to believe that the logo looks pretty sweet on the new wool caps. The colors look great.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-30-2006, 09:27 PM
ask me again on Sept 24th that's when we unveil them.

JD
08-31-2006, 12:04 AM
the goat by itself...LOOKS LIKE ****. But on a jersey..me likey!

the slug by itself...LOOKS LIKE ****. But on a jersey.. me MIGHT likey!

im4bflo
08-31-2006, 06:12 AM
the goat by itself...LOOKS LIKE ****. But on a jersey..me likey!

the slug by itself...LOOKS LIKE ****. But on a jersey.. me MIGHT likey!
How you can like it on a jersey, but not by itself? :idunno:

fushetti
08-31-2006, 06:53 AM
How you can like it on a jersey, but not by itself? :idunno:

Exactly... Crap alone or on a jersey is still crap.

Nighthawk
08-31-2006, 10:08 AM
Exactly... Crap alone or on a jersey is still crap.

TRUST ME...you will like how it looks! The colors look great with it...Michigan blue & gold...people WILL like the new look.

JD
08-31-2006, 10:49 AM
TRUST ME...you will like how it looks! The colors look great with it...Michigan blue & gold...people WILL like the new look.
Do you have inside sources that we dont know about :rrich:

JD
08-31-2006, 10:50 AM
And just think, in 25 years when we have another new logo..people may want to go back and establish roots with the slug! :snicker:

Nighthawk
08-31-2006, 06:20 PM
Do you have inside sources that we dont know about :rrich:

Umm, yes...trust me guys, the colors and the logo are really sharp. People will fall in love with the color combo. I love the Michigan colors. I can't wait until they unveil the jersey to see how that looks.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-31-2006, 07:10 PM
Umm, yes...trust me guys, the colors and the logo are really sharp. People will fall in love with the color combo. I love the Michigan colors. I can't wait until they unveil the jersey to see how that looks.

Were are the Sabres (swords) going to be:question: Quinn said in his P.C. that Sabres are on the jersey were are they going to be:question: "Yes there will be Sabres on the jersey, You guys call them swords we call them Sabres here"~Larry Quinn

im4bflo
08-31-2006, 07:31 PM
We're not Michigan, and we're not the SLUGS!
I hope there's enough DIEHARD fans, that care about the SABRES, more than how pretty a SLUG looks on a Michigan jersey, to out sell the new one, and buy the
3rd jersey. Keep our heritage and legacy alive. BUY the 3rd!!!!!!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-31-2006, 07:40 PM

http://www.mden.com/shopping/store/vendor8/fullscale/hockeyjernavy.jpg

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-31-2006, 10:20 PM
I hope there's enough DIEHARD fans, that care about the SABRES, more than how pretty a SLUG looks on a Michigan jersey, to out sell the new one, and buy the

You think the new jersey is going to be ugly with the new Buffalo logo, well the 3rd jersey our original 1970's road jersey is uglier I hate the blue it looks like purple on TV. Also I have news for you if the Sabres keep winning like they have the people don't care what the jerseys look like they'll buy them. What is more important the team or some stupid logo:question:

Nighthawk
08-31-2006, 11:45 PM

Diehard fans are those people who don't cry about a logo and support the players in the jerseys! Get over it...it's a logo, that's it!

JD
09-02-2006, 09:57 AM
So mr. "i have sources" how about you tell us more about this jersey.

Describe it completely and tell us how the jersey will look, possibly do it up on MS paint?

We love you. Thanks!
:D

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-02-2006, 04:02 PM
So mr. "i have sources" how about you tell us more about this jersey.

Describe it completely and tell us how the jersey will look, possibly do it up on MS paint?

We love you. Thanks!
:D

YES! :please: I want to know where the Sabres (swords) will be on the jersey. Quinn said there would be Sabres on the jersey

im4bflo
09-06-2006, 12:49 AM
You think the new jersey is going to be ugly with the new Buffalo logo, well the 3rd jersey our original 1970's road jersey is uglier I hate the blue it looks like purple on TV. Also I have news for you if the Sabres keep winning like they have the people don't care what the jerseys look like they'll buy them. What is more important the team or some stupid logo:question:
We'll just put you down as a SLUG lover, and leave it at that.
I'm not trying to start an argument thread, just a show of hands.

im4bflo
09-06-2006, 12:52 AM
Diehard fans are those people who don't cry about a logo and support the players in the jerseys! Get over it...it's a logo, that's it!
You too, I'll put you down for the SLUG, since you don't care what we wear.
Is that okay with you? It's what I get from your reply.

im4bflo
09-06-2006, 01:12 AM
Here's where the poll stands now...

(For the ORIGINAL)
im4bflo
Mikey82
Billsology
fushetti

(for the SLUG)
Fennernen
Afinogenov61
Nighthawk
LOSman WINS

(and 2 on the fense so bad, their nuts are killing them:snicker2:)
which according to what I said at the beginning, counts as a SLUG vote(unfortunately)
pyrrhonist
JD SabreFan

Which (unbelievably to me) gives that SLUG, a 6 to 4 lead :cynic:
that sucks...

im4bflo
09-06-2006, 01:14 AM
Here's where the poll stands now...

(For the ORIGINAL)
im4bflo
Mikey82
Billsology
fushetti

(for the SLUG)
Fennernen
Afinogenov61
Nighthawk
LOSman WINS

(and 2 on the fense so bad, their nuts are killing them:snicker2:)
which according to what I said at the beginning, counts as a SLUG vote(unfortunately)
pyrrhonist
JD SabreFan

Which (unbelievably to me) gives that SLUG, a 6 to 4 lead :cynic:
that sucks...

fushetti
09-10-2006, 09:15 PM

Don't start defining "diehard" fans. I'm as diehard as they come, but when my team is going to sport an abomination of a logo, I get a little upset about it.
Lets see the Maple Leafs or the Canadiens change their logo (well change their logo in general) to something ridiculous and see the outcry there. Are they not diehards? You bet your ass they are. Theyre passionate about their team and their identity. Furthermore, in this day and age, I am forced to root for the laundry. Every year the players come and go, but the team remains.

When I see that "slug" I dont' even see a Buffalo. Bison are not yellow, don't have racoon eyes, and have legs. The logo itself is just so flawed. The jersey can be the sweetest thing ever, but with the slug on it, I will not buy it. I'm embarrassed by it. Real or not, those new hat leaks look horrendous with that logo on it. Put the slug side by side with say, the redwings, montreal, or the blackhawks logo. Then, try to contain your laughter at our new logo. Its a joke.

I'm not 100% for the original logo. The change to the goat was a needed one. If the Sabres came up with something that was decent, represented the team's history and colors, I'd have no problem with a uniform/logo change. My stance, on this board and others, is that if this Buffalo, slug, skunk, racoon, whatever it is, is our logo, then I'd rather keep the goathead.

I guess I will have to wait and see. But, you can put that slug on Angelina Jolie naked, and i'm sorry, I'm still not liking it. Larry Quinn has said there will be changes to the leaked logo and that there will be Sabres in the main logo. I highly doubt this since he's a piece of crap, but thats neither here nor there. I think what we have seen, is what we are getting.

And with that, I'll be buying the third uniform. :)

LABillsFan
09-10-2006, 09:22 PM
I really have no desire to have that thing on anything I wear.

im4bflo
09-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Don't start defining "diehard" fans. I'm as diehard as they come, but when my team is going to sport an abomination of a logo, I get a little upset about it.
Lets see the Maple Leafs or the Canadiens change their logo (well change their logo in general) to something ridiculous and see the outcry there. Are they not diehards? You bet your ass they are. Theyre passionate about their team and their identity. Furthermore, in this day and age, I am forced to root for the laundry. Every year the players come and go, but the team remains.

When I see that "slug" I dont' even see a Buffalo. Bison are not yellow, don't have racoon eyes, and have legs. The logo itself is just so flawed. The jersey can be the sweetest thing ever, but with the slug on it, I will not buy it. I'm embarrassed by it. Real or not, those new hat leaks look horrendous with that logo on it. Put the slug side by side with say, the redwings, montreal, or the blackhawks logo. Then, try to contain your laughter at our new logo. Its a joke.

I'm not 100% for the original logo. The change to the goat was a needed one. If the Sabres came up with something that was decent, represented the team's history and colors, I'd have no problem with a uniform/logo change. My stance, on this board and others, is that if this Buffalo, slug, skunk, racoon, whatever it is, is our logo, then I'd rather keep the goathead.

I guess I will have to wait and see. But, you can put that slug on Angelina Jolie naked, and i'm sorry, I'm still not liking it. Larry Quinn has said there will be changes to the leaked logo and that there will be Sabres in the main logo. I highly doubt this since he's a piece of crap, but thats neither here nor there. I think what we have seen, is what we are getting.

And with that, I'll be buying the third uniform. :)
AWESOME Reply!!!
I agree 100%

im4bflo
09-10-2006, 09:33 PM
I really have no desire to have that thing on anything I wear.
Good for you bro, like fushetti, I'm 3rd jersey all the way.
GO SABRES!

Dozerdog
09-10-2006, 09:36 PM
I'd put a penis on the jersey if it meant dumping the black & red

LABillsFan
09-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Good for you bro, like fushetti, I'm 3rd jersey all the way.
GO SABRES!

I have a hard enough time buying (which I don't) a team Jersey with a players name on it. I can show my support by wearing just a plain Jersey with BILLS on it or SABRES.

LABillsFan
09-10-2006, 09:43 PM

The question begs...... Who's?

im4bflo
09-10-2006, 09:44 PM
:huh: the BUFFALO PENIS'S? :nono:

im4bflo
09-10-2006, 09:50 PM
I have a hard enough time buying (which I don't) a team Jersey with a players name on it. I can show my support by wearing just a plain Jersey with BILLS on it or SABRES.
That's great, as long as we're not spending a cent on that SLUG!

Dozerdog
09-10-2006, 09:56 PM
:huh: the BUFFALO PENIS'S? :nono:I think the plural would be peni

pyrrhonist
09-11-2006, 07:31 PM

Hilarious!! :rofl:

But seriously, I have always had a semi-hatred for the black & red era. What's even funnier is this love/hate thing for the "Buffaslug" is really no different than the debates that began when the unis changed at the beginning of the Rigass era.

pyrrhonist
09-11-2006, 07:34 PM

It'll probably get me flamed, but I know the Sabres aren't Michigan....

....As a Wolverines fan, I've had the opportunity to enjoy National Championships, whereas being a Sabres fan, I have no titles to enjoy. :cry:

JD
09-11-2006, 07:50 PM
I won't spend a dime on anything that features the slug.

THROWBACK ALL THE WAY!!!!

im4bflo
09-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Hilarious!! :rofl:

But seriously, I have always had a semi-hatred for the black & red era. What's even funnier is this love/hate thing for the "Buffaslug" is really no different than the debates that began when the unis changed at the beginning of the Rigass era.
That SLUG doesn't even compare to the black&red goat(I didn't think it looked like a goat) as a matter of fact, a white buffalo is good luck.
But that SLUG, it's embarrassing! It looks like something you'd kick around, and stomp on. Anyway, I'm true to the ORIGINAL, the new 3rd jersey ROCKS!
A BUFFALO and two SABRES, 'nuff said!

pyrrhonist
09-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Anyway, I'm true to the ORIGINAL, the new 3rd jersey ROCKS!
A BUFFALO and two SABRES, 'nuff said!

You'll get no argument from me there. :up:

The only problem now, though, is the retro/throwback jerseys I've had for what seems like ages won't be so "throwback" any longer. :(

im4bflo
09-12-2006, 08:24 PM
You'll get no argument from me there. :up:

The only problem now, though, is the retro/throwback jerseys I've had for what seems like ages won't be so "throwback" any longer. :(
They're good for ANY occasion now! :up:
And I'm hoping, the slug is going to tank so badly, they'll be going back to the original for good! I wouldn't mind an upgrade on the uniform, but that logo just say's it all, GO SABRES!:respect: