PDA

View Full Version : Your prediction for the Bills 2006 Season - What will the record be?

Ebenezer
08-30-2006, 06:49 AM
I am starting to think about this. WGR radio this morning actually broke down the Bills position by position and I have to agree there are some upgrades over last year.

QB - Losman is better. Upgrade
RB - Willis is lighter. Upgrade
OL - 5 real starters. Upgrade
TE - Looks like involvement - Upgrade
WR - No Moulds; No #2 - Downgrade
DL - Downgrade
LB - Upgrade
DB - Downgrade
Coaching - Upgrade
Schedule - Upgrade

Based on a total of 7-3 that the Bills have upgraded the team I got to go with 8-8....what says you? Feel free to indicate if there has been an upgrade/downgrade at these positions.

CuseJetsFan83
08-30-2006, 06:50 AM
realistically with the schedule.... 8-8 is very much in reach

injuries or things that may hamper some development can hinder things... 6-10

my gut feeling is right in the middle 7-9

Jan Reimers
08-30-2006, 06:59 AM
I don't get why DB is a downgrade. Whitner, while inexperienced, has got to be better than a turtle-slow, aging Milloy. Plus, we have a couple of free safeties in Baker and Simpson who can come in and play for the aging Vincent. Our nickel and dime CBs - Greer and King - have another year's experience.

At any rate, I'm homeristically hoping for 10-6, but would be VERY happy with 8-8.

Historian
08-30-2006, 07:03 AM
Not to mention Whitner can actually hit.

I'm sticking with 7-9, with most of the wins coming in Nov and Dec.

patmoran2006
08-30-2006, 07:18 AM
4-12

Mitchy moo
08-30-2006, 07:44 AM
:bandwagon 13-3 :bandwagon

R. Rich
08-30-2006, 07:48 AM
19-0

alohabillsfan
08-30-2006, 09:28 AM
12-4 with the Bills going into the playoffs on a 7 game winning streak! Will lose AFC championship at INDY! :bandwagon

Bill Brasky
08-30-2006, 09:29 AM
i still think 5-11... with a lot of close losses.

THATHURMANATOR
08-30-2006, 09:32 AM
How is the DBs a downgrade? We added a top 10 pick at safety and kept both CBs and added depth in the draft.

bigbub2352
08-30-2006, 09:39 AM
I dont see DB being a downgrade, but i still think we got a shot at 8-8

Kenny
08-30-2006, 09:51 AM
I think the backfield is about the same.... maybe a tad better actually.

But how is the DL a downgrade? Last year was as bad as it gets. We lost Sam Adams (but how many games did he play last year?). Plus we added Triplett (not to mention Kyle Williams and McCargo).

Bert102176
08-30-2006, 09:54 AM
my bet is on a 9 and 7 season and we will miss the playoffs by 1 game

ublinkwescore
08-30-2006, 10:10 AM
I am starting to think about this. WGR radio this morning actually broke down the Bills position by position and I have to agree there are some upgrades over last year.

DL - Downgrade
LB - Upgrade
DB - Downgrade
Coaching - Upgrade
Schedule - Upgrade

Based on a total of 7-3 that the Bills have upgraded the team I got to go with 8-8....what says you? Feel free to indicate if there has been an upgrade/downgrade at these positions.

I think WR is upgraded - Lee Evans is with no doubt in my mind gonna be the new Steve Smith - he is gonna have an explosive year as long as JP is in there - He was putting up numbers that other recievers put up after a whole game - but with only 2 quarters of play. I think our DL could be an upgrade as well, but it's gonna take time for them to get better within the system - Kyle Williams I think has outperformed McCargo, and Tim Anderson is making plays as well. Our DBs will get torched because there's so much youth at the position (we'll could see up to three rookies on the field at one time which does kinda scare me, but at the same time - it will make them familiar with each other's tendencies and we're probably not going to the playoffs this year anyways, so why not use this season strictly as a learning tool if it becomes painfully obvious by week 10?).

PromoTheRobot
08-30-2006, 10:11 AM
8-8, with the team going 1-3 to start the year. 9-7 and the playoffs an outside possibilty.

PTR

ublinkwescore
08-30-2006, 10:11 AM
12-4 with the Bills going into the playoffs on a 7 game winning streak! Will lose AFC championship at INDY! :bandwagon

In a shootout that we'll be able to be tortured by the NFL Network because they decided to make it a game of the week.

ublinkwescore
08-30-2006, 10:22 AM
QB - Losman is better. Upgrade - absolutely beautiful - now he just needs to learn to hold on to the ball when he's in the pocket.

RB - Willis is lighter. Upgrade - not if he doesn't start hitting holes like there's no tomorrow.

OL - 5 real starters. Upgrade - no question

WR - No Moulds; - this is an addition by subtraction... and all we've got after Evans is #2's. Funny how now that moulds is gone (who coincidentally never got the ball from JP) this team is rallying behind JP... The TE's extra apparent involvement this season coupled with the new offensive strategy that involves taking frequent shots downfield (and JPs new found accuracy) will have us loving to see this team on O - instead of on D like it was in our 9-7 season with Mularkey (I know I actually enjoyed seeing the other team with the ball that season)...

DL - I disagree with you here - This DL has made quite a few plays - more than it did last preseason IMO - it still gets lit up from the run, and could stand to put pressure on QBs faster, but it's gonna be a DL that lives and dies by the big play.

LB - Upgrade - even if spikes isn't 100%, his leadership and ability to light a fire under some @$$es could very well be enough to make this D a top 10 D again.

DB - Downgrade - temporarily - we might get torched here and there due to inexperience, but by midseason to week 12/13, look for these guys to start ballhawking and making people pay for coming into their zones.

Coaching - Upgrade - no question.

Schedule - Upgrade - yeah, but there is gonna be one of those teams on our schedule that is gonna come from nowhere and surprise everyone, and there may be a team on our schedule that made the playoffs last year that is gonna totally blow this year. we'll have to wait and see - still an upgrade in my eyes.

Kerr
08-30-2006, 10:28 AM
11-5

The optomist in me thinks this team could be the surprise team the bengals were last season. They have some similarities.

Philagape
08-30-2006, 10:43 AM
8-8, headed in the right direction

ublinkwescore
08-30-2006, 11:05 AM
19-0

Or Else!

(right?)

Inetpub
08-30-2006, 12:19 PM
DB - Downgrade - temporarily - we might get torched here and there due to inexperience, but by midseason to week 12/13, look for these guys to start ballhawking and making people pay for coming into their zones.

If the are not making plays by week 5, wtf are they doing! I hope we dont wait till week 12/13 for our DBs to play. That being said, 6-10. Theres just too many ifs in our lineup. From QB to RB to DB. The only sure thing is Evans. I still dont think I've seen enough of Peerless Price to say hes got that WOW again. I would like more from him than his preseason games have shown.

The way I see it, Semi-rookie QB, no 2nd and 3rd WR's makes for some rough spots in our schedule.

TedMock
08-30-2006, 12:20 PM
I still think 6-10. 3-5 before the break and 3-5 after the break. However, I also anticipate closer games as the year goes on with fewer mental mistakes. Time on the field is the one thing this team lacks. They have to play and grow together. Only 25% of our 75-man roster has over 5 years experience right now, and that includes the kicker and punter. If you think about it, years 3-5 are usually when players come into their own. I would say years 3 and 4 are more common for skilled player and years 4-5 for lineman. This team may not be very good this year, record-wise, but they are right on the verge of turning it around. They just need to play, and get smarter out there. The athleticism is certainly there.

don137
08-30-2006, 12:28 PM
9-7 overall.
2-2 in September
4-3 by end of October
6-5 by end of November
9-7 by end of season

bocephuz
08-30-2006, 04:14 PM
8-8 sure would be great...

more likely...7-9. They still don't know how to win on the road. However, if by some miracle they can beat Miami or New England on the road to start the season off that may get the "road monkey" off their back and give them more confidence to be competitive in road games. I don't see that happening though.

Typ0
08-30-2006, 07:29 PM
If Coy Wire is not playing DB then the DB immediately gets better. I'd rather see EE playing DB than Coy Wire.

Billsrock4life
08-30-2006, 08:09 PM
8-8 and mayby 10-6 is we can pull of some close game wins

bledslow
08-31-2006, 05:17 AM

DL - Downgrade
LB - Upgrade
DB - Downgrade
Coaching - Upgrade
Schedule - Upgrade

Mcgahee is better cause he's lighter??? lol,that is very thorough and in-depth review there---the guy is a STIFF ppl

losman will NOT be better then holcomb was last year-- he has been sacked about 9 times?? with 3 fumbles and 2 pics in preseason vanilla defenses.Imagine him in real games(he was terrible the last few years in real games).

whitner(sp) is a rookie and at times looked real lost-and should have been picked in the late 2nd or early 3rd round.

carybillsfan
08-31-2006, 01:18 PM
I think 6-10, unfortunately I don't think our defense is good enough, I think the offense will be fine but I'm worried on defense.

I would love to see 3-0 after the first three weeks though.

T-Long
08-31-2006, 01:56 PM
Unfortunately 6-10

Push for a wild card next year

I hope I'm wrong!!!!!!!!