PDA

View Full Version : NO ones talking about the biggest surprise in Bills preseason

justasportsfan
08-30-2006, 10:25 AM
Ryan Lindell

Hope he can win games for us like Christie used to.

Disscuss.

alohabillsfan
08-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Becuase it's like bragging that your punter is your only pro bowler! Sorry just can't get excited over non-pressure pre-season field goals.

P.S. he is most improved and do hope he makes a couple of game winners for us!

bigbub2352
08-30-2006, 10:30 AM
Dont jynx him, i hope he will stay consistent

ICE74129
08-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Ryan Lindell

Hope he can win games for us like Christie used to.

Disscuss.

We better pray. I feel JP is going to move us into FG position a ton this year. If lindell can deliver, we will steal a couple we normally wouldn't have

Jan Reimers
08-30-2006, 10:32 AM
Lindell has been great, but he was pretty good last year, too.

I think you have the wrong "surprise" Ryan - it's Denney.

BillsNick
08-30-2006, 10:33 AM
I'll talk about him when he actually kicks a game winner for us.

justasportsfan
08-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Lindell has been great, but he was pretty good last year, too.

I think you have the wrong "surprise" Ryan - it's Denney.Lindell wasn't making 50+ fg's last year was he?

Saratoga Slim
08-30-2006, 10:52 AM
We better pray. I feel JP is going to move us into FG position a ton this year. If lindell can deliver, we will steal a couple we normally wouldn't have

I agree that Lindell should have a big season. A lot of Neil Rackers' success last year was because the Cards moved the ball pretty well up the field through the air but had a tough time getting into the endzone. Thus Rackers got 42 FG chances. Granted he made 40 of them, including 6/7 from beyond 50 yds.

Jan Reimers
08-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Lindell wasn't making 50+ fg's last year was he?
I was thinking he was 2-3 from 50 or beyond, but my old memory might be failing me - again.

Jan Reimers
08-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Whoops, he was 3-3 from 50 plus, and 7-10 from 40-49. My memory IS failing.

TigerJ
08-30-2006, 11:33 AM
Actually, I'm not terribly surprised. Lindell actually had a very good season in 2005, including several long field goals. I'm glad Lindell continues being accruate on his field goals, and has maybe even improved his consistency (I think he's perfect in preseason, isn't he) but I'm actually a little disappointed in his kickoffs. They've been a bit short in preseason and he kicked one out of bounds. It was Setta who was booming them. Hopefully Lindell can get that part of his game straightened out a bit.

Coach Sal
08-30-2006, 11:33 AM
NO ones talking about the biggest surprise in Bills preseason <!-- Start Post Thank You Hack --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: post_thanks_button -->

Actually, I mentioned this last week on The Stampede.

He has had a very quiet, but excellent preseason. But like a previous poster stated, things are much different in those pressure situations.

He had a decent 2004, but missed maybe the two most important FG tries of that season: late at home in the opener against Jacksonville and the finale against Pittsburgh's second stringers.

I'm happy. But I want to wait until the wind starts whippin' at The Ralph and/or he makes one we absolutely need when it counts.

justasportsfan
08-30-2006, 11:40 AM
My memory IS failing.if it's failing , mine must be fried.

HAMMER
08-30-2006, 12:27 PM
The poor guy missed a couple of makeable FG's in 2004 and has been labeled suspect since, even after a stellar 2005 campaign.

OpIv37
08-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Actually, I'm not terribly surprised. Lindell actually had a very good season in 2005, including several long field goals. I'm glad Lindell continues being accruate on his field goals, and has maybe even improved his consistency (I think he's perfect in preseason, isn't he) but I'm actually a little disappointed in his kickoffs. They've been a bit short in preseason and he kicked one out of bounds. It was Setta who was booming them. Hopefully Lindell can get that part of his game straightened out a bit.

I agree completely- Lindell's FG kicking has improved tremendously and I have a lot more confidence in him, but kickoffs to the 12 and out of bounds are disappointing.

Opponents are still getting good drive starts despite good kickoff coverage because of his short kicks.

ICE74129
08-30-2006, 02:02 PM
I think one of the things we need for this team to be successful this year is Lindell score about 105+ points. Thats HUGE in helping this team win some non winable games.

justasportsfan
08-30-2006, 02:09 PM
I think one of the things we need for this team to be successful this year is Lindell score about 105+ points. Thats HUGE in helping this team win some non winable games.
I don't know ICe, I kinda miss having to punt from the opponents 32 yd line.

ParanoidAndroid
08-30-2006, 02:28 PM
If you look at pictures of Lindell when he first came here and compare them to now, you would agree that he is in possibly the best shape of his life.

Mr. Cynical
08-30-2006, 02:35 PM
"Field goals shouldn't be part of the game" - Bill Parcells

(I think it was he who said that...)

patmoran2006
08-30-2006, 04:03 PM
Great!

The best player on our team is the punter.. Now maybe the SECOND best player on the team will be our kicker!

Sweet!

Michael82
08-30-2006, 04:06 PM
BTW....it's Rian, not Ryan. :up:

Typ0
08-30-2006, 07:34 PM

very well said. Lindell did play surprisingly well last season...and we can expect more of the same. However, his kickoffs are really screwing us. We should have kept Setta on the squad if you ask me. I know how hard that is to do...but if we score 50 times this season we will have to kick off about 65 times and I bet Lindell is good to lose us 1000 yards in field position becuase of his crappy kick offs.

TigerJ
08-30-2006, 08:18 PM
Lindell's kickoffs were a little better during the 2005 season. I think he may even have had a couple touchbacks. Hopefully, he can at least get back to where he was on kickoffs, while keeping his excellent consistency and strength in FG kicking. I'm assuming it's a technique issue that can be easily addressed once some sharp observer can figure out what it is.