PDA

View Full Version : How many think...

rdmercer83
08-30-2006, 08:25 PM
The Bills will upset the Pats in NE Week 1?:blowup:

jmb1099
08-30-2006, 08:27 PM
Someone already started this thread somewhere. But since you're fairly new count me in as a vote for upset of the year

TigerJ
Not me. I would love to be wrong however.

OpIv37
I think there's almost no chance of that happening. Bellicheck is just too good of a coach and Brady will pick our D apart left and right. I wouldn't be surprised if we move the ball against them relatively well, but in the end they're going to prove to be too much for a new HC and still inexperienced Losman.

rdmercer83
08-30-2006, 08:38 PM
I've realized something. Most people do not share my faith in the Bills' upcoming season:censored: :please:

justasportsfan
08-30-2006, 09:47 PM
On any given Sunday.

BILLSROCK1212
08-30-2006, 10:26 PM
me

Slim
08-30-2006, 10:29 PM
If its a close game ill be happy.

Night Train
08-31-2006, 05:47 AM
I've realized something. Most people do not share my faith in the Bills' upcoming season:censored: :please:

My faith isn't entirely based on how the Bills will do in the opener vs. the Pats.

Patience is something we'll need with a new Coaching staff and scheme.

Earthquake Enyart
08-31-2006, 06:55 AM
I certainly think they'll cover the 8 1/2

X-Era
08-31-2006, 07:03 AM

I think we have a real chance. But its gonna be a test of the long ball. The Pats starting CB's are Asante Samuel and Ellis Hobbs. Who the hell is Ellis Hobbs?

Seriously, we have deep speed and great hands at the 2 WR starters, we can beat these guys deep if JP has the time. Thats an issue though.

Wilfork, Seymour, Warren. Uggghhhh, thats pass rush and bigtime run stopping ability. I dont see us having much luck running it.

On D, Im not that scared of Deion (may not even be a Pat), or Reche Caldwell. Corey Dillon can run but hes old, I think he heads south fast this year. Tom Brady has never been one of my favorites, and their starting a rookie at RT, I LOVE that matchup against Schobel.

This is a winnable game, but we need to play lights out, mistake free, and not be "moved" by the hostile crowd. We need to play like a playoff team, Im not sure we are there yet.

mybills
08-31-2006, 07:04 AM
I don't do predictions, but I hope so! After all, anything can happen in the NFL, right? :up:

mybills
08-31-2006, 07:06 AM
This is a winnable game, but we need to play lights out
Speaking of lights out, it will be a day game. We pretty much suck in prime time! :chuckle:

alohabillsfan
08-31-2006, 10:02 AM
BILLS WIN! 24-20! :bandwagon

justasportsfan
08-31-2006, 10:08 AM
I think there's almost no chance of that happening. Bellicheck is just too good of a coach and Brady will pick our D apart left and right. I wouldn't be surprised if we move the ball against them relatively well, but in the end they're going to prove to be too much for a new HC and still inexperienced Losman.
Just like what you said about the fins were gonna masacre us last year? KC? It's easy to talk crap about the obvious since the Pats are highly favored. But when the ooposite of what you say happens , you won't be back to eat crow. Even if the bills lose against the pats, we'll see if what you predict is gonna happen.

OpIv37
08-31-2006, 10:29 AM
Just like what you said about the fins were gonna masacre us last year? KC? It's easy to talk crap about the obvious since the Pats are highly favored. But when the ooposite of what you say happens , you won't be back to eat crow. Even if the bills lose against the pats, we'll see if what you predict is gonna happen.

wtf are you talking about? I'm ALWAYS here and I admit when I'm wrong.

justasportsfan
08-31-2006, 10:36 AM
wtf are you talking about? I'm ALWAYS here and I admit when I'm wrong.yeah right. You talk big about how we are gonna suck so bad when we are underdogs but when we win that game, you barely exists until we lose again

ghz in pittsburgh
08-31-2006, 10:39 AM
What if the Bills send someone out to knock Brady silly intentionally? Take an unsportsman like conduct Dick!!!

Other than that happening, I don't see it. I just don't think our defense is ready. I actaully agree with the Levy-Jauron staff that our pass defense is the biggest problem (run defense failure just compound the issue last year) and I'm glad they addressed it in this draft. How many times did you see that when we faced a quality QB, we always gave up a crucial TD/1st down when they really needed it? The Williams/Gray defense smoked lesser offenses, but never mounted anything to quality QBs.

This defense has the potential to be great, in a year or two. Just not now. I fully expect some missed assignments on openning day, more than they will down the road. Unfortunately Tom Brady won't miss those opportunities. That will put a big pressure on the offense to keep up, which is starting a young QB and executing a brand new offense for the very first time. The result? I don't even want to go there.

But I will make this prediction: the offense will look better than the defense.

OpIv37
08-31-2006, 10:42 AM
yeah right. You talk big about how we are gonna suck so bad when we are underdogs but when we win that game, you barely exists until we lose again

dude you're full of ****. I'm always here, win, lose or draw.

justasportsfan
08-31-2006, 10:42 AM
If we keep running the ball successfully and keep Brady off the field, we can win this game. So unlike the negative nancies around here, we do have a chance.

justasportsfan
08-31-2006, 10:45 AM
dude you're full of ****. I'm always here, win, lose or draw.
sure, I called you out a few times and you barely responded. We'll see. I hope we win this game because I'll never let it go. Just like your stupid prediction that the fins were gonna masacre us. Like I said, it's easy for you to talk crap about the bills when we're underdogs.

OpIv37
08-31-2006, 10:48 AM
If we keep running the ball successfully and keep Brady off the field, we can win this game. So unlike the negative nancies around here, we do have a chance.

of course we have a chance- if there wasn't a chance then there would be no point in playing.

However, that chance is very miniscule.

When was the last time the Bills have kept an opponent's offense off the field?

justasportsfan
08-31-2006, 10:51 AM
When was the last time the Bills have kept an opponent's offense off the field?If I cite a game from last year, it's meaningless according to you. So why bother? Last year has no bearing on this year ,according to you , right?

OpIv37
08-31-2006, 10:59 AM
If I cite a game from last year, it's meaningless according to you. So why bother? Last year has no bearing on this year ,according to you , right?

well, I suppose you're right- our offense has changed significantly. But I still don't see it happening- NE's D and coaching is just too good.

NJFINSFAN1
08-31-2006, 11:04 AM
I would have said yes had I not watch then take apart and spit out the Packers last week!

The Pat's are still a scary team!