Call me a crack head, but I believe Losman will bring Buffalo a Super Bowl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HAMMER
    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
    • Jul 2003

Call me a crack head, but I believe Losman will bring Buffalo a Super Bowl.

...I do, I admit I am a Homer, and always will be, but I have seen many fine QB's play since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Hopefully w/o sounding like another certain poster, I would like to say I can recognize talent, particularly at the QB position.

I see things in JP that make me believe he will be special. The last five weeks he has grown every day, he is earning the respect of the organization, and many of us. I could go on and on, but I will spare us all. This is not a prediction for this season, but it will happen in the next four years.

Flame away, but I believe in Marv and Co.
    Last edited by HAMMER; 08-31-2006, 01:33 AM.
  • ~CHIEF~
    ~ I'm A Hustler ~
    • Aug 2006

Re: Call me a crack head, but I believe Losman will bring Buffalo a Super Bowl.

I don't care when, just be4 i die!

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

I think JP will be part of a good team.

A thinking man's team, ala Jauron and Levy.

And for the first time in a long time Marv won't have big egos to sooth.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
        • Mar 2005

crackhead

j/k...anything is possible

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HAMMER
          ...I do, I admit I am a Homer, and always will be, but I have seen many fine QB's play since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Hopefully w/o sounding like another certain poster, I would like to say I can recognize talent, particularly at the QB position.

I see things in JP that make me believe he will be special. The last five weeks he has grown every day, he is earning the respect of the organization, and many of us. I could go on and on, but I will spare us all. This is not a prediction for this season, but it will happen in the next four years.

Each successful QB has a look about him when speaking. Its how he carries himself and its in his eyes. Over this offseason I started seeing it in JP. Then all of a sudden one day...BAM! It was just there. Fun time was over, it was time to put foot to ass.

I will say again, if he can be Jake Delhome like then he has a great chance to lead us to a superbowl win. He has better physical tools than jake, but the leadership, and ownership of that huddle, the game plan, reading defenses is what I'm talking about.

Good post H

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

I hope you're right.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Kerr
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Let's hope.

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HAMMER

Actually, Im not worried that he isnt worthy of taking us there. But worry isnt based on data. Hes won the battle. He needs to win tough games. He needs to show he can drag the team along to wins when they arent playing well. I believe we havent had that since Kelly. Flutie would force plays and sometimes wins, but he didnt elevate his teammates. JP's LB type attitude could rub off and elevate his teammates to win the impossible games. But he has to show it.

The other difference between a playoff and SB QB is that they dont choke in big games. I love Peyton, hes probably the best ever, but he chokes in big playoff games. Many QB's do. Does that mean we wouldnt want Peyton? Thats silly. But, if your going to say that you think JP will win us a SB, I want to see him step up or at least be solid in a few playoff games first.

However, my biggest problem with this team and there SB hopes lies in their roster evaluation and free agent/trade/draft methodology. I honestly believe that we havent added a premiere NFL icon type player on this team since Levy through the draft. Eric Moulds may have been our last. I also believe we havent added a top notch NFL icon through free agency in the past decade with the exception of TKO. Thats pretty pathetic for a team that supposedly wants to be a SB contender.

Take a look at the teams that are perennial playoff teams, each has SEVERAL top 5 players at their position.

And we have 1 (TKO)?

This team is devoid of star talent. Can we build it? maybe, weve been trying for a decade. I honestly dont think we can get to the SB or win without some more stars.

On JP, without proven data that JP can step up to force wins and then step up in playoff games, I need to hold off before calling him a SB caliper QB.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
                  Each successful QB has a look about him when speaking. Its how he carries himself and its in his eyes.
                  How do you explain Terry Bradshaw?

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by NE39
                    How do you explain Terry Bradshaw?
                    What? You mean Terry who can't spell cat if you spotted him the K and the T

Comment

• Inetpub
                      i'm a tool
                      • Aug 2006

CRACK HEAD!

He'll lead us to wins but the SuperBowl will require more than just JP. No superbowl is won only by the QB.
                      That proves NOTHING about Losman

Comment

• jmb1099
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Inetpub
                        CRACK HEAD!

He'll lead us to wins but the SuperBowl will require more than just JP. No superbowl is won only by the QB.
                        That's why he said he'd lead us...as in leading the rest of the team by his example and direction. He never implied he'd do it alone.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

Super Bowl is a crack dream. I'll be happy when JP can lead the Bills to a win at home.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                            Super Bowl is a crack dream. I'll be happy when JP can lead the Bills to a win at home.
                            He did....TWICE

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                              He did....TWICE
                              The defense won both those games.

Comment

Working...
                              X