PDA

View Full Version : My Prediction for the 22 Cuts and Final 53 man Roster

patmoran2006
08-31-2006, 07:16 AM
My prediction for the 22 people who will be cut before 4pm Saturday.
* Alan Ricard, FB
* Jon Goldsberry, FB
* Shaud Williams, RB
* Fred Jackson, RB
* Ryan Neufeld,TE
* Johnathon Smith, WR
* Terrence Pennington, T (PS)
* Aaron Merz, OL (PS)
* Jason Thomas, OL
* Jason Hall, DE
* Ryan Neil, DE
* Eric Powell, DE
* Jason Jefferson, DT
* Lauvale Sape, DT
* Jason Hall, DL
* Mario Haggan, LB
* John DiGiorgio, LB
* Keith Ellison, LB (PS)
* Kiwaukee Thomas, CB
* Eric Bassey, CB
* Coy Wire, S
* Jim Leonhard, S

Roster:
QB: Losman, Nall, Holcomb
RB: McGahee, Shelton, THomas, Gates, Burns
WR: Evans, Price, Reed, Parrish, Aiken, Davis, Wilson
TE: Royal, Everett, Cieslak
OL: Gandy, Reyes, Fowler, Villarial, Peters, Preston, Butler, Jerman, Geislinger
DE: Schobel, Denney, Kelsay
DT: Triplett, T Anderson, McCargo, Williams
LB: Spikes, Fletcher, Crowell, Wendel Hunter, Stamer, Ezekiel, Joe Odom
CB: Nate, McGee, Greer, King, Youboty
S: Vincent, Whitner, Bowen, Baker, Simpson
K: Lindell
P: Moorman
LS: Shneck

This leaves the team with 3 QB, 5 RB, 7 WR, 7 TE, 9 OL, 7 DL, 7 LB, 5 CB and 5 S.

kgun12
08-31-2006, 07:39 AM
I think you are very close and I would agree with you.

RedEyE
08-31-2006, 07:43 AM
Shaud Williams has had a really nice showing during camp and preseason. It will be a hard decision letting go either him or Burns.

With Bowen coming up hurt twice in preseason, shaving the Strong Safety's might be difficult as well. Although, I would be all for seeing Coy Wire cut from this team. I never was a fan.

I'll be disappointed if Reed makes the receiving squad. I'd rather see the Bills keep Ricard or Williams for depth and ST, then see Reed dropping balls again this season.

I like that you have Wilson. Well deserved! :up:

TacklingDummy
08-31-2006, 07:53 AM
Cut Andre Davis and Anthony Thomas. The Bills need a DE, 3 DEs on the roster is not enough.

fasteddie
08-31-2006, 08:01 AM
I think you have 54 men on your roster.

Jan Reimers
08-31-2006, 08:10 AM
I think you're close, too, but I would guess that Odom goes and Haggan stays, and Davis goes and we pick up a DE.

NC-BILLS44
08-31-2006, 08:14 AM
Yes, you're cutting Jason Hall twice. Someone is missing.
Also, IMHO, Coy Wire makes the team. Let's not forget that the Bills' special teams are ranked at the top for a reason, personnel and Marv Levy is a former special teams coach. Wire, Aiken, Stamer, Haggan and Burns are all very good special teams players.

TedMock
08-31-2006, 08:20 AM
I think you're pretty close, Pat. I wouldn't be surprised to see Haggan make it, and some other LB out as others have stated. I also agree with you on Coy Wire. Bowen (I know he's hurt right now) is better in coverage, just as good in the run, and also a good special teamer. The last part makes Wire disposable, IMO.

Historian
08-31-2006, 08:25 AM
Whlie he's probably right, I pesonally think it's time to clean house.

Dump Reed, Wire, Burns and some other dead wood.

Special teamers are a dime a dozen.

M
08-31-2006, 08:56 AM

Granted, I'm new here ... but I have to agree about Reed. He's had his chance to prove something, anything. He needs to go.

Dr. Lecter
08-31-2006, 08:59 AM

Marv would disagree with you. A good consistent ST player is hard to find. This ST has been the best in the NFL two years running. Why make major changes to it? Hell, last year it was the only good unit on the team.

Guys like Burns lead that charge and their experience makes the unit even better.

Besides, the 3rd and 4th stringers are more important on ST than they are at their position. Burns over Shaud Williams (for example) is an easy pick.

As for Pat's roster:

Cut Davis and keep Smith or one of the DE's. Ellison over Odom. Neulfeld over Cieslak (who can go on the PS)

patmoran2006
08-31-2006, 09:21 AM
for the record

I HATE JOSH REED and I wish we would cut him.. I like Davis and Wilson better..

is Marv gonna embarass himself though and cut Reed just after giving him a $2 million signing bonus?

I think not.

TacklingDummy
08-31-2006, 09:24 AM
Andre Davis will be lucky to catch 10 balls all year.

Night Train
08-31-2006, 09:33 AM

I agree. These players contribute to a 5 win season and cannot play well at their assigned positions. A new coach doesn't have any loyalties.

I noticed Stamer is behind Ellison now on the LB depth chart. I think all these "ST Only " players are getting the axe.

We need guys who can step in and play when the Offense and Defense is on the field, in addition to ST's. Bills seem overloaded with players who have tons of ST's experience.

bigbub2352
08-31-2006, 09:39 AM
Pat good call, i think Ellison will make it over odom unforunatley, and also i agree with the Bills only keeping three DE we did it the last 2 years, stick one of them on the PS and elevate him if u need him, Coy Wire it is hilarious everyone raves about how improtant he is on ST, he is usually hurt and has never been a leader in tackles or close to it on ST, i b elieve Bowen will easily replace him when healthy as well as Eric King, Rashard Baker, Ko SImpson, Coy is a gonner, I truly wish we would cut Reed as well he is a bum, making way to much, i hope it is not another year of the drops with a great right about how well he blocks,

bigbub2352
08-31-2006, 09:40 AM
Pat good call, i think Ellison will make it over odom unforunatley, and also i agree with the Bills only keeping three DE we did it the last 2 years, stick one of them on the PS and elevate him if u need him, Coy Wire it is hilarious everyone raves about how improtant he is on ST, he is usually hurt and has never been a leader in tackles or close to it on ST, i b elieve Bowen will easily replace him when healthy as well as Eric King, Rashard Baker, Ko SImpson, Coy is a gonner, I truly wish we would cut Reed as well he is a bum, making way to much, i hope it is not another year of the drops with a great right about how well he blocks,

justasportsfan
08-31-2006, 10:01 AM
I think Davis goes before Reed does. Davis has done didly poo at camp or preseason.

evol4276
08-31-2006, 03:02 PM
i disagree only with the keeping of shelton and cutting ricard. I feel ricard is a good upgrade from shelton, plus he's proven. I however have not seen him play this preseason to back that up, so its only what i think rather than what I've seen to go with that

John Doe
08-31-2006, 03:39 PM
I don't think that they will cut Ellison.

Keeping only 7 defensive linemen when playing a 4-man front does not make sense to me.

Thurmal
08-31-2006, 04:26 PM
I believe that Ellison, Wire, E. Powell, and S. Williams all make the team.

My belief with the special teams is if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Wire, Burns, and Aiken are captains, I believe, so they would all have to stay.

I also don't understand why people would want A. Davis over Josh Reed. Yeah, Reed has some drops, but he puts up good numbers for the amount of playing time he gets. His stats last year were comparable with Antwaan Randle El's.

patmoran2006
08-31-2006, 06:25 PM
I don't think that they will cut Ellison.

Keeping only 7 defensive linemen when playing a 4-man front does not make sense to me.

well Marv went out and signed jack **** in free agency for the DE spot, so you dont have guys on your roster just to have them..

and I dont think Ellison is getting cut, I think he's going to the PS