PDA

View Full Version : The most important label on this board

Bufftp
08-31-2006, 12:36 PM
The most important label on this board?
Bills Fan

Whether an Antagonist, Homer, Optimist, Negatist, Defeatist, Rosy Glassist the most important label is Bills Fan. In the end we all are Bills Fans, but just see things differently. And that is ok.

LtFinFan66
08-31-2006, 12:44 PM
:huh:

RedEyE
08-31-2006, 12:46 PM
:rofl:
Leave it to the clergyman to demand a group hug. That's so hippy-fied.

justasportsfan
08-31-2006, 12:47 PM
the most important label is Bills Fan.
are bandwagon jumpers bills fans?

LtFinFan66
08-31-2006, 12:48 PM
you have bandwagon jumpers:idunno:

OpIv37
08-31-2006, 12:49 PM
are bandwagon jumpers bills fans?

by bandwagon jumpers do you mean people who are pissed when the team is doing bad and happy when the team is doing well? Because that sounds more like a fan than a bandwagon jumper to me.

justasportsfan
08-31-2006, 12:57 PM
by bandwagon jumpers do you mean people who are pissed when the team is doing bad and happy when the team is doing well? Because that sounds more like a fan than a bandwagon jumper to me.

Na, only the ones that keep repeating that the bills are losers. The ones that keep insisting the bills blow. The ones that aren't willing to give the team a benefit of the doubt? Know anyone?

OpIv37
08-31-2006, 01:00 PM
Na, only the ones that keep repeating that the bills are losers. The ones that keep insisting the bills blow. The ones that aren't willing to give the team a benefit of the doubt? Know anyone?

I fail to see why people like that become bandwagon jumpers if they turn out to be wrong and the Bills win. After all, the reason people keep insisting that is because the Bills DO blow- at least they have over the last few years. Once the Bills stop blowing, there is no reason to keep insisting that.

And why do you seem to think that a benefit of the doubt is some kind of universal human right guaranteed by the Geneva Convention?

northernbillfan
08-31-2006, 01:06 PM
That's what brings us to this place day in and day out.

Differing opinions will always arise, but the main thing is we are all Bills fans and Bills fans are among the most passionate in the league.

LtFinFan66
08-31-2006, 01:09 PM
not all NBF. Cool folks keep me coming back. Bills fans or not

justasportsfan
08-31-2006, 01:16 PM
I fail to see why people like that become bandwagon jumpers if they turn out to be wrong and the Bills win. After all, the reason people keep insisting that is because the Bills DO blow- at least they have over the last few years. Once the Bills stop blowing, there is no reason to keep insisting that.

And why do you seem to think that a benefit of the doubt is some kind of universal human right guaranteed by the Geneva Convention?
You go out of your way to tell us the bills blow. That we suck. If we see some positive, you dump on it.

Well OP, you suck as a fan. You blow as a fan. You insist on taking away any fun we have about the bills. You insist we be as miserable as you are about the season. It's ot gonna happen, bandwagon jumper. :D

Dr. Lecter
08-31-2006, 01:17 PM
not all NBF. Cool folks keep me coming back. Bills fans or not

Just come out of the closet already.

We respect you for what you are!

OpIv37
08-31-2006, 01:20 PM
You go out of your way to tell us the bills blow. That we suck. If we see some positive, you dump on it.

Well OP, you suck as a fan. You blow as a fan. You insist on taking away any fun we have about the bills. You insist we be as miserable as you are about the season. It's ot gonna happen, bandwagon jumper. :D

fine- set yourself up for disappointment. Because this season will be miserable- if you cant' see that, I can't help you.

You obviously don't understand what a band wagon jumper is- it's someone who's only there for the good times- someone who only cares about the team when they're good. Well, I think the team sucks, but because I'm a fan, I'm still here.

dplus47
08-31-2006, 01:24 PM

since when are the geneva conventions honored in these parts? don't you know rules are for "other" people?

i'm not a big fan of the "you're not a real fan" argument, as if there is only one way to root for your favorite team. everybody here is a "real fan" of whatever team they're into. some of the "real fans" shouldn't watch games with certain other "real fans," though.

some of the fans want to be shown something, others want to have faith first. funny how both will be happy if the bills win it all. from my point of view, both groups would deserve their happiness. i know it must sound crazy...

justasportsfan
08-31-2006, 01:25 PM
fine- set yourself up for disappointment. . If this team ends up moving the right direction, I won't be disappointed. As long as the team get's better every game,

Because this season will be miserable- if you cant' see that, I can't help you. .like I said, giving up already. :down:

You obviously don't understand what a band wagon jumper is- it's someone who's only there for the good times- someone who only cares about the team when they're good. Well, I think the team sucks, but because I'm a fan, I'm still here.
:lolpoint: :skeptic: <- miserable

Bufftp
08-31-2006, 01:32 PM
:huh:

You’re a closet Bills fan.

justasportsfan
08-31-2006, 01:33 PM
from my point of view, both groups would deserve their happiness. i know it must sound crazy...
well said. Some people get jealous about us being excited that they insist we be as miserable as they are. Pathetic.

LtFinFan66
08-31-2006, 01:36 PM
You’re a closet Bills fan.:no: Just an old, cool Fin Fan

don137
08-31-2006, 01:37 PM
Fans take the good with the bad. Its ok to be upset occassionally but to constantly whine all the time and try to bring down fans looking forward to an exciting season gets old. No one is expecting them to be in the super bowl so why constantly complain is beyond me. Just be happy the great city of Buffalo has a pro football team. How can you enjoy being a fan if you spend 99% of the time complaining? Take up bird watching.

LtFinFan66
08-31-2006, 01:38 PM
Fans take the good with the bad. Its ok to be upset occassionally but to constantly whine all the time and try to bring down fans looking forward to an exciting season gets old. No one is expecting them to be in the super bowl so why constantly complain is beyond me. How can you enjoy being a fan if you spend 99% of the time complaining. Take up bird watching.even in bird watching you get crapped on once in awhile:idunno:

Bufftp
08-31-2006, 01:40 PM
:no: Just an old, cool Fin Fan
Get out from the behind sweaters LT, and step into the light. You will finally feel free then.

OpIv37
08-31-2006, 01:44 PM
:lolpoint: :skeptic: <- miserable

In general? No, I'm not miserable.

About this team? Yeah, I'm miserable. 6 years of sucking will do that to a fan.

Jan Reimers
08-31-2006, 01:45 PM
I don't understand how a few fans here can know with such absolute certainty that the Bills will suck and blow and stink this year.

If they play with heart and passion and improve week to week, but because of inexperience and lack of talent at a few positions end up with a losing record, is that sucking? Do we have to immediately go 12-4 or 10-6 after 5 years of Donahoe's idiocy not to blow?

I'm looking for a lot of improvement this year, and the chance to be a playoff team by next season. That would be enough for me in 2006.

justasportsfan
08-31-2006, 01:48 PM
About this team? Yeah, I'm miserable. 6 years of sucking will do that to a fan.
that's what I meant. It does that to YOU. Not the rest of us.

OpIv37
08-31-2006, 01:50 PM
I don't understand how a few fans here can know with such absolute certainty that the Bills will suck and blow and stink this year.

If they play with heart and passion and improve week to week, but because of inexperience and lack of talent at a few positions end up with a losing record, is that sucking? Do we have to immediately go 12-4 or 10-6 after 5 years of Donahoe's idiocy not to blow?

I'm looking for a lot of improvement this year, and the chance to be a playoff team by next season. That would be enough for me in 2006.

See, this is exactly what I'm talking about- lowered expectations.

I agree with you- if we get better as the season goes on, our young guys get experience, and we do better at the end of the season than we do at the beginning, this season won't be a total failure. But the fact remains that even if this does happen, there is a good chance we'll have a losing record. That's the price of rebuilding.

But the goal of football teams is to win, make the playoffs, and win the Super Bowl. However, we now have to settle for improvement over wins to judge this team, and we as fans should never have been put in that position by this once-proud franchise.

OpIv37
08-31-2006, 01:51 PM
that's what I meant. It does that to YOU. Not the rest of us.

yet, you call yourselves fans. But 6 years of sucking is ok. :rolleyes:

justasportsfan
08-31-2006, 01:55 PM
yet, you call yourselves fans. But 6 years of sucking is ok. :rolleyes: Another classic stupid post. Where did I say the last 6 six was okay?

You're a bigger question mark than I am. You've already given up. I haven't. :coocoo:

Even though alcohol has caused deaths, you're not going to stop me from enjoying a beer. ;)

LtFinFan66
08-31-2006, 02:01 PM
Get out from the behind sweaters LT, and step into the light. You will finally feel free then.Sorry but this old dog can't be taught new tricks :sorry:

shelby
08-31-2006, 03:44 PM
Leave it to Op and justa to turn a "give peace a chance" thread into something resembling 2 women with PMS fighting over the last Snickers bar....
:rolleyes:

:D

TedMock
08-31-2006, 03:56 PM
But the goal of football teams is to win, make the playoffs, and win the Super Bowl. However, we now have to settle for improvement over wins to judge this team, and we as fans should never have been put in that position by this once-proud franchise.

Nobody is settling for improvement over wins. Reality is that we're in a re-building phase. You have to crawl before you can walk, and for the first time in years, we appear to be doing something with direction and conviction. Nobody will be satisfied with our team if we get better and go 5-11 this season, but we will be satisfied with the direction of the team. All teams go through this at some point or another. It's just the reality of it. In my lifetime, this is the second bear-market for this team. I was a kid going to games in the 80's with my father, and watching them lose 30-0 every week. That was hard, but a guy named Bill Polian came around and with him came direction. I remember watching the attitude of this team change direction, and the steady improvement start to happen. Suddenly, in 1987, we were 7-8 -- the closest we'd been to a winning record in years. However, you could see that we were about to turn the corner and the excitement was building. We were 12-4 the following year and had several happy years thereafter. I'm hoping this is our 1987 all over again. I'll take 12-4 anyday, but reality is when you're re-building, you need that growth year.

dplus47
08-31-2006, 04:02 PM
Leave it to Op and justa to turn a "give peace a chance" thread into something resembling 2 women with PMS fighting over the last Snickers bar....
:rolleyes:

:D

LOL!

i'm thinking it's important to remember one thing in this back-and-forth:
we are all in control of our own feelings. nobody has the power to "make" us feel anything.

Historian
08-31-2006, 04:20 PM
:no: Just an old, cool Fin Fan

I could be your Fishtorian.

:up:

LtFinFan66
09-01-2006, 05:08 AM
:up:

The_Philster
09-01-2006, 05:14 AM
even in bird watching you get crapped on once in awhile:idunno:
yeah...but how many bird watchers spend all their time griping about that possibility instead of enjoying their bird watching hobby? ;)