PDA

View Full Version : Billy Volek?

!Papacrunk!
08-31-2006, 05:58 PM
Unless I missed something, I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up around here. After they signed Collins, it seems like he's expendable now. It seems like there are some teams that would make sense to trade for him-Chargers/Browns, but it'd be interesting if he was cut out right. If he was cut, do you think the Bills would make a move for a better insurance plan than Holcomb?

dplus47
08-31-2006, 06:08 PM
i'm thirsty, so i voted for water. i'm wondering what the titans' FO is thinking here. they could have gotten some real value for volek earlier. now i'm not sure how much of a market there is.

BidsJr
08-31-2006, 06:18 PM
Unless I missed something, I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up around here. After they signed Collins, it seems like he's expendable now. It seems like there are some teams that would make sense to trade for him-Chargers/Browns, but it'd be interesting if he was cut out right. If he was cut, do you think the Bills would make a move for a better insurance plan than Holcomb?

No thanks! Last thing we need is another QB who thinks they can sign here and be the starter. NO MORE CANCER!

Meathead
08-31-2006, 07:43 PM
man what are the titans seeing that makes then lack confidence in volek?!?

he was a monster two years ago filling in for mcnair. he helped me win several ff championships that year. 18 tds in only 8 starts, over 60% completions

what am i missing

Typ0
08-31-2006, 08:29 PM
man what are the titans seeing that makes then lack confidence in volek?!?

he was a monster two years ago filling in for mcnair. he helped me win several ff championships that year. 18 tds in only 8 starts, over 60% completions

what am i missing

what people are missing is they have Vince Young on the roster and they don't want to force him into playing. Teams need two QBs who can play in this league...except for us. We don't want to have two good rookies because there would be a QB controversy and we don't want to have a vet because he would be a cancer.

In short, this was a smart move to protect their investment in Vince Young. They are smart enough to know that getting Young some playing time is not what's going to turn him into Joe Montana like it is for JP.

Bulldog
08-31-2006, 09:56 PM
what people are missing is they have Vince Young on the roster and they don't want to force him into playing. Teams need two QBs who can play in this league...except for us. We don't want to have two good rookies because there would be a QB controversy and we don't want to have a vet because he would be a cancer.

In short, this was a smart move to protect their investment in Vince Young. They are smart enough to know that getting Young some playing time is not what's going to turn him into Joe Montana like it is for JP.

One thing to add depth to the position. But a totally different story to bring a guy in less than two weeks before the season starts and make him your starter. Everything I have seen indicates that the Titans want Collins to be the starter on opening day. I'm really not sure what the hell is going on down in Tenn., but it ain't good. I used to have a lot of respect for Jeff Fisher, but now I'm not so sure. I wonder if the plan is to let Volek walk, so when Collins starts to stink up the joint, the learning curve can begin for Vince Young. I really can't see any other logical reason for this move at all.