PDA

View Full Version : Losman is the MAN

casdhf
08-31-2006, 07:57 PM
Forget the shakes from the first pass. This is the first time I've seen him. He looks 10x more comfy in the game than he did last season. Add a rockin' Price to the mix and we've got a passing game. Also ... a 20 yard screen to Robert Royal??? WTF!!

Philagape
08-31-2006, 08:24 PM
:up:

jmb1099
08-31-2006, 08:26 PM
The screen is back! Double te screens etc Yes!!!

TacklingDummy
08-31-2006, 08:42 PM
Im not ready to consider JP the man until he consistently shows something in regular season games.

He did have a nice pre-season. Just as good as last years pre-season.

Typ0
08-31-2006, 08:49 PM
Im not ready to consider JP the man until he consistently shows something in regular season games.

if he does start to show up consistently we're in for a nice ride though..the kid has some great skills.

Mitchy moo
08-31-2006, 08:50 PM

Really, he looked pretty good when he was in. If we can get long half a quarter drives like that all the time we'll be just fine.

TigerJ
08-31-2006, 09:27 PM
Other than Nall's pick, all three QBs looked very solid tonight.

The_Philster
08-31-2006, 09:35 PM

He did better this preseason than last..don't know how you can't see it :shakeno:

SquishDaFish
08-31-2006, 09:38 PM
He looked 100% better this year compared to last.

The_Philster
08-31-2006, 09:42 PM
He looked 100% better this year compared to last.
Yep...he's not squeezing the ball....he's looking off the safety from time to time (still needs to work on that, IMO), he's making good decisions with the ball...his chemistry with his WRs is a LOT better.
He still has a ways to go, but he's making some big strides over last year :up:

SquishDaFish
08-31-2006, 09:48 PM
Some people are just blinded by their hate Phil.

feelthepain
08-31-2006, 09:54 PM
Miami Dolphins 3rd string QB- Cleo Lemon: 21-28 for 278 yards and 1 TD!!! In a Mike Mularkey game plan!! Cleo's the man, woooohoooo!!!!

WiLLis Da Man 21
08-31-2006, 09:54 PM
i am gonna agree losman is showing some strides and he is doing big things. the one thing i like about most of are qb play this preseason is the fact that both nall and losman when they throw picks they come out big the next drive with bombs. example nall to davis 70 yards

justasportsfan
08-31-2006, 09:57 PM
Miami Dolphins 3rd string QB- Cleo Lemon: 21-28 for 278 yards and 1 TD!!! In a Mike Mularkey game plan!! Cleo's the man, woooohoooo!!!!who gives a rats ass? Nobody asked about the fins on a bills board. DUH!!

The_Philster
08-31-2006, 09:58 PM
who gives a rats ass? Nobody asked about the fins on a bills board. DUH!!
not to mention in a thread about a QB who seems to have gotten past the screw job that Moolarkey put to him last year

Ickybaluky
08-31-2006, 09:59 PM
Losman, 2005 preseason:

38-for-70 (54.3%)
352 Yds (5.0 Yds/Att)
1 TD
2 Int
61.1 QB Rating

Losman, 2006 preseason:

42-for-62 (67.7%)
514 Yds (8.3 Yds/Att)
2 TD
2 Int
90.4 QB Rating

It would seem hard to argue anything other than Losman considerably improving since last year.

That said, there is nothing more meaningless than preseason football.

justasportsfan
08-31-2006, 10:00 PM
not to mention in a thread about a QB who seems to have gotten past the screw job that Moolarkey put to him last year
Moolarkey is just a megaphone running Linehan's system because his blows.

TacklingDummy
08-31-2006, 10:03 PM
That said, there is nothing more meaningless than preseason football.

I agree.

Losman's #'s mean nothing come next week. Thats when his numbers will mean something.

feelthepain
08-31-2006, 10:54 PM

Doesn't seem likely JP's problems were Mike Mularkeys fault at all, He's having tremendous success in Miami with Culpepper, Harrington and Cleo Lemon. Mike Mularkey had success with Drew Bledsoe, Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox. The Only QB's that Mike Mularkey has had problems with is Kelly Holcomb and JP Losman.

jmb1099
08-31-2006, 11:17 PM
Doesn't seem likely JP's problems were Mike Mularkeys fault at all, He's having tremendous success in Miami with Culpepper, Harrington and Cleo Lemon. Mike Mularkey had success with Drew Bledsoe, Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox. The Only QB's that Mike Mularkey has had problems with is Kelly Holcomb and JP Losman.
He didn't have problems in our preseason either. He did have plenty of problems with stewart and some with maddox. It is more than lieley that Saban has influenced Mularkey than Mularkey's being decent.

feelthepain
08-31-2006, 11:27 PM
It is more than lieley that Saban has influenced Mularkey than Mularkey's being decent.

Hmmmmm, that could be. Or Maybe Mularkey has more talent to work with.

Philagape
08-31-2006, 11:32 PM
Bledsoe didn't do that well under MM

Mitchy moo
08-31-2006, 11:36 PM
Hmmmmm, that could be. Or Maybe Mularkey has more talent to work with.

Sure the practice squad players you dominated will lead you to the SB, congrats. You lost when the starter's we're in. Please re-read the box score and realize that you guys have nothing. 3-14 3rd downs will surely keep your drives alive right? Not. The Bills we're 8-14, just about 2.75 times better % wise.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="WIDTH: 50%"><TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=gamehead vAlign=top><TD colSpan=6>Scoring Summary</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=middle><TD align=left colSpan=4>FIRST QUARTER</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 30px">STL</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 30px">MIA</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD align=left>http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/sml/trans/stl.gif</TD><TD>FG</TD><TD>6:30</TD><TD>Jeff Wilkins 31 Yd </TD><TD align=middle>3</TD><TD align=middle>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD align=left>http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/sml/trans/stl.gif</TD><TD>FG</TD><TD>12:41</TD><TD>Jeff Wilkins 49 Yd </TD><TD align=middle>6</TD><TD align=middle>0</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=middle><TD align=left colSpan=4>SECOND QUARTER</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 30px">STL</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 30px">MIA</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD align=left>http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/sml/trans/mia.gif</TD><TD>FG</TD><TD>2:05</TD><TD>Olindo Mare 27 Yd </TD><TD align=middle>6</TD><TD align=middle>3</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD align=left>http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/sml/trans/mia.gif</TD><TD>FG</TD><TD>8:32</TD><TD>Olindo Mare 23 Yd </TD><TD align=middle>6</TD><TD align=middle>6</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD align=left>http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/sml/trans/mia.gif</TD><TD>FG</TD><TD>14:09</TD><TD>Olindo Mare 35 Yd </TD><TD align=middle>6</TD><TD align=middle>9</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=middle><TD align=left colSpan=4>THIRD QUARTER</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 30px">STL</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 30px">MIA</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD align=left>http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/sml/trans/mia.gif</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>9:27</TD><TD>Marcus Vick 5 Yd Pass From Cleo Lemon (Olindo Mare Kick) </TD><TD align=middle>6</TD><TD align=middle>16</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD align=left>http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/sml/trans/stl.gif</TD><TD>FG</TD><TD>13:25</TD><TD>Jeff Wilkins 43 Yd </TD><TD align=middle>9</TD><TD align=middle>16</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=middle><TD align=left colSpan=4>FOURTH QUARTER</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 30px">STL</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 30px">MIA</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD align=left>http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/sml/trans/mia.gif</TD><TD>FG</TD><TD>7:37</TD><TD>Olindo Mare 25 Yd </TD><TD align=middle>9</TD><TD align=middle>19</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD align=left>http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/sml/trans/mia.gif</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>7:54</TD><TD>Deke Cooper 30 Yd Interception Return (Olindo Mare Kick) </TD><TD align=middle>9</TD><TD align=middle>26</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD align=left>http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/sml/trans/mia.gif</TD><TD>FG</TD><TD>10:49</TD><TD>Olindo Mare 32 Yd </TD><TD align=middle>9</TD><TD align=middle>29</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD style="WIDTH: 50%"><TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=gamehead><TD colSpan=3>Team Stat Comparison</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left></TD><TD>http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/sml/trans/stl.gif</TD><TD>http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/sml/trans/mia.gif</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>1st Downs</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>23</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>3rd down efficiency

</TD><TD>3-12</TD><TD>3-14</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>4th down efficiency

</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>0-0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

feelthepain
09-01-2006, 12:00 AM
Hey Skoob, Miami didn't start one starter on O all night, infact most of what Miami started toinight on O won't be on the team Monday, the Bills played all their starters tonight. You better hope your boys put up some numbers if your starters are on the field. Miami put up almost 400 yrds with guys that will be avalible to every team in the league "for free" in a day or two. Cleo Lemon almost 300 yards....he's third string!! Did JP ever have a 279 game, without a turnover and a score game in his 8 starts last year?? No excuses here, JP has more game experience then Lemon!

bledslow
09-01-2006, 12:03 AM
Forget the shakes from the first pass. This is the first time I've seen him. He looks 10x more comfy in the game than he did last season. Add a rockin' Price to the mix and we've got a passing game. Also ... a 20 yard screen to Robert Royal??? WTF!!

Its called vanilla defenses.Next week the schemes begin and the HEAVY CONFUSION starts.Jp Loserman next week is going to look like a lost 5 year old girl who got seperated from her parents in disney world,and tears are rolling off her face,and she doesn't know where to look first.---There is your analogy for sept 10 in foxborough.

-I cant wait to read all the posts from the entire game thread as the pain is happening-Those game threads are priceless.

feelthepain
09-01-2006, 12:16 AM
Its called vanilla defenses.Next week the schemes begin and the HEAVY CONFUSION starts.Jp Loserman next week is going to look like a lost 5 year old girl who got seperated from her parents in disney world,and tears are rolling off her face,and she doesn't know where to look first.---There is your analogy for sept 10 in foxborough.

Could you be a little more specific, I'm having a hard time visualizing!!

Typ0
09-01-2006, 12:19 AM

-I cant wait to read all the posts from the entire game thread as the pain is happening-Those game threads are priceless.

I don't think that will happen.

Typ0
09-01-2006, 12:20 AM
Hey Skoob, Miami didn't start one starter on O all night, infact most of what Miami started toinight on O won't be on the team Monday, the Bills played all their starters tonight. You better hope your boys put up some numbers if your starters are on the field. Miami put up almost 400 yrds with guys that will be avalible to every team in the league "for free" in a day or two. Cleo Lemon almost 300 yards....he's third string!! Did JP ever have a 279 game, without a turnover and a score game in his 8 starts last year?? Infact JP has more game experience the Lemon.

Who's going to be starting at QB next week for the fins?

feelthepain
09-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Who's going to be starting at QB next week for the fins?

Daunte!!

BillsOwnAll
09-01-2006, 12:25 AM
Hey Skoob, Miami didn't start one starter on O all night, infact most of what Miami started toinight on O won't be on the team Monday, the Bills played all their starters tonight. You better hope your boys put up some numbers if your starters are on the field. Miami put up almost 400 yrds with guys that will be avalible to every team in the league "for free" in a day or two. Cleo Lemon almost 300 yards....he's third string!! Did JP ever have a 279 game, without a turnover and a score game in his 8 starts last year?? No excuses here, JP has more game experience then Lemon!

Are you honestly bragging about your third string Qbs #'s in a preseason game? For real man if you were ANY what of a knowledgeable football fan youd shut the hell up.... wow:respect:

feelthepain
09-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Are you honestly bragging about your third string Qbs #'s in a preseason game? For real man if you were ANY what of a knowledgeable football fan youd shut the hell up.... wow:respect:

Uhh, this thread was about your "starting" QB and how awsome he is....so far in the preseason!! He hasn't had one game this preseason even close to what Lemon did tonight. JP's has had 67 more passing yards and two passing turnovers this preseason and Cleo has a better completion pct and QB rating, JP is 42-62 and Cleo is 42-60 and Cleo had a whole lot less snaps. And we didn't even talk about JP's fumbles. Miami's QB's "as a group" didn't have one turn over all preseason. I'm not trying to trash JP, just putting things in perspective for you. Who knows JP might be a probowler this year, but his preseason isn't that great especially if you add the fact that he played against Cleveland and Detroit. God knows those two teams probably have the worst depth in the league.

BillsOwnAll
09-01-2006, 12:38 AM
You just stated JP went 42-62....and Lemon went 42-60 and then you said....Lemon had a whole lot less snaps? that is 2 less man. what the hell?

feelthepain
09-01-2006, 01:08 AM
You just stated JP went 42-62....and Lemon went 42-60 and then you said....Lemon had a whole lot less snaps? that is 2 less man. what the hell? Those are just passes, you ever heard of handing the ball off to the RB?? Also the majority of Cleos plays came tonight. Tonight Cleo was 21-28 and JP was 5-5.

Here are a few more stats for you Mularkey haters, the past 4 games:

Miami has had, 283 offensive plays from the LOS, while their Opo have had only 201. Miami has had 84 first downs while their Opo. have had only 48.

Buffalo has had, 236 offensive plays from the LOS,while their Opo. have had 230. Buffalo has had 62 first downs their Opo. have had 66.

Just passing on the info so you know that Miami is putting out a whole lotta O under Mike Mularkey far more then anyone we have faced. So our O is keeping and moving the ball and our D is stoping people.

Now before anyone starts to have a cow, this is only preseason and none of this really applys to the regular season, and we only have one more win then Buffalo. But you can't tell us Mike Mularkey isn't capable of executing a gameplan. As you can see we are hardly struggling under Mularkey, infact we are smokin our competition the numbers aren't exactly avg. Is this a guarantee it will hapen during the regular season?? No!! But most of those numbers are from our backups.

~CHIEF~
09-01-2006, 03:24 AM
^ Do you 4get it's PRESEASON? Who gives a ****?

shelby
09-01-2006, 03:34 AM
All i can say is that Losman led a nine minute drive, in which he spread the ball around to Evans, Price, and Royals, and Willis had a rushing TD. i was very pleased with with what Losman accomplished.

shelby
09-01-2006, 03:34 AM
BTW nice to see you posting again, BOA.

ddaryl
09-01-2006, 04:01 AM

Are you kidding me, JP looked like crap last pre-season. He was inconsistent and uncomfortable.

IMO he looks like a completely different QB out there. I expect him to still have some bad games this year, but I do beleive we will see many more positive things this year as well.

Captain gameboy
09-01-2006, 04:33 AM

Mularkey may do very wel in Miami.
That means absolutely nothing to us.
The man wasted two years.

Totally wasted.
He was given everything he wanted including additional coaches.
Never has Ralph given a a HC/GM greater support than Mike and TD got.

But they totally wasted it.
You need look no further than the handling of JP on the coaching side, and the O line on the GM side for proof.

I wish him well, but the last year two years were a total waste of time

As much as I want Marv to prepare an heir apparent and move on to retirement, there is an honesty and direction to our team now that has been absent for awhile, at least since the Greg Williams era..

The_Philster
09-01-2006, 04:53 AM
JP's problems stemmed from the fact that Mularkey jerked him around..but don't let facts keep you from making yourself look foolish

Mitchy moo
09-01-2006, 05:53 AM
BTW nice to see you posting again, BOA.

Shelby, do you ever go to bed?

jmb1099
09-01-2006, 07:46 AM

your posts are idiots

jmb1099
09-01-2006, 07:52 AM
Uhh, this thread was about your "starting" QB and how awsome he is....so far in the preseason!! He hasn't had one game this preseason even close to what Lemon did tonight. JP's has had 67 more passing yards and two passing turnovers this preseason and Cleo has a better completion pct and QB rating, JP is 42-62 and Cleo is 42-60 and Cleo had a whole lot less snaps. And we didn't even talk about JP's fumbles. Miami's QB's "as a group" didn't have one turn over all preseason. I'm not trying to trash JP, just putting things in perspective for you. Who knows JP might be a probowler this year, but his preseason isn't that great especially if you add the fact that he played against Cleveland and Detroit. God knows those two teams probably have the worst depth in the league.

You're reaching with Lemon. He had a great game, but he hasn't played better than Losman, not according to NFL.com

1 Tony Romo DAL 833 92 64 3 3 48 95.1
2 Matt Cassel NE 680 82 49 3 1 57 93.5
3 Jay Cutler DEN 561 62 40 4 1 84 108.3
4 J.P. Losman BUF 514 62 42 2 2 54 90.4
5 Bruce Gradkowski TB 511 61 45 5 3 48 105.3
6 Cleo Lemon MIA 450 60 42 2 0 37 102.8

Now as you always point out this is preseason, but Lemon looked decent tonight...he may have played Harrington out of a job.

jmb1099
09-01-2006, 07:55 AM
Hey...here's something interesting...the only Miami QB listed on the leaders board is Lemon! Where is Culpepper or Harrington?

BillsNick
09-01-2006, 08:13 AM
I think JP's single biggest improvement is his pocket presence, which IMHO is the most important step form him as it was his biggest weakness a year ago. He looks more in control of the offence.

BillsOwnAll
09-01-2006, 09:02 AM
BTW nice to see you posting again, BOA.Yah..Hi shelbby:) Someone has to shut up these idiots talking about third string QB's in Preseason..

TigerJ
09-01-2006, 10:24 AM

Hmmm, the only coach Losman seems to have had problems with is Mike Mularkey. Go figure.

Actually, the issue with Mularkey and Losman had less to do with actual coaching ability and more to do with the fact that Mularkey was making decisions less on the basis of what was good for the team and for Losman and more to try and save his own skin. That goes back to Tom Donahoe. Donahoe made it clear that he wasn't going to wait for success after his mistake in hiring Gregg Williams. Mularkey figured he had to win now, and when Losman showed he was not quite ready to have instant success, he sat Losman thinking Holcomb could win him enough games to keep his job. Donahoe put so much pressure on the Mularkey regime that in desperation the coaching staff made lots of poor judgement calls and errors.

If he's not being pressured unreasonably, maybe Mularkey is a pretty good coach. But maybe when he's handled properly Losman can be a pretty good QB too. The think I like about the present regime is a commitment to exercise sound judgement and do things the right way. I think Marv Levy wants to win just as much, but he realizes that taking short cuts probably won't work in the short term or the long term.

ublinkwescore
09-01-2006, 10:55 AM
^ Do you 4get it's PRESEASON? Who gives a ****?

Hey chief - you know your avatar looks eerily familiar to one that has Moulds doing the same thing, but with Dolphins players in the background (I think it was Sam Madison or Patrick Surtain who got burned in that pic - someone on here had it for an avatar).

TigerJ
09-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Its called vanilla defenses.Next week the schemes begin and the HEAVY CONFUSION starts.Jp Loserman next week is going to look like a lost 5 year old girl who got seperated from her parents in disney world,and tears are rolling off her face,and she doesn't know where to look first.---There is your analogy for sept 10 in foxborough. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
-I cant wait to read all the posts from the entire game thread as the pain is happening-Those game threads are priceless.<o:p></o:p>
I do not expect a flawless performance by Losman against the Patriots. Nor do I expect a win to be perfectly honest. However, Losman is maturing. He is making better decisions than last year, and he's still on his learning curve. That means he will be less intimidated by what the Patriots do than When he had a terrible game against them last year, and when we play them at home later in the season, I don't expect Losman to be confused at all. He appearsw to be a quick study.