PDA

View Full Version : Branch has an offer, and Pats are negotiating possible trade...

Ickybaluky
09-01-2006, 08:25 AM
Deion Branch reportedly has received an offer to his liking from another team, according to the Boston Globe.

ESPN is reporting the team is in the AFC, and the Pats are currently negotiating with that team.

There is a rumor, completely unsubstantiated, that the Bills are the team.

ddaryl
09-01-2006, 08:26 AM
Gee after Bledsoe I would think that any chance of the Bills trading within the division would be close to nill

Romes
09-01-2006, 08:31 AM
That would be awesome...

Branch/Evans/Price could be the best 1-3 receiver combo we've had in years.

it won't happen though...I don't see the coaching staff giving up on Josh or Roscoe

Mr B
09-01-2006, 08:32 AM
The Pats asking price was pretty steep. Now that someone has shown interest maybe they will realize his value and pay him.

Ickybaluky
09-01-2006, 08:33 AM
It would make the rivalry more fun. It would be worth it for that alone.

THATHURMANATOR
09-01-2006, 08:33 AM
Wow. I hope we don't get raped in this deal. I really don't think that we need him enough to give up so much.

RedEyE
09-01-2006, 08:34 AM
Just like the Bills were negotiating for Collins?

BillsNick
09-01-2006, 08:34 AM
I'de trade Reed for Branch

BillsNick
09-01-2006, 08:35 AM
This is all BS that ain't gonna happen, so no use in even speculating.

THATHURMANATOR
09-01-2006, 08:37 AM
Is there any links?

Ickybaluky
09-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Here is the Globe article:

LINK (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/09/01/patriots_dropped_the_ball/)

It is a bit of a hack job, as Borges hates Belichick.

ESPN news reported the mystery team being in the AFC this morning, and said the team was negotiating with the Patriots.

The Bills stuff is pure speculation, although it would be juicy as hell, no?

BillsNick
09-01-2006, 08:46 AM
I think that the last thing that Marv wants to do is sign another receiver. That is the last position that we need to be trading for at this time.

Prediction: NO CHANCE IN HELL>

THATHURMANATOR
09-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Oh so this is just someone making it up about the team being the Bills then.

BillsNick
09-01-2006, 08:47 AM
Now, if Tom Donahoe was still in charge................

Earthquake Enyart
09-01-2006, 08:48 AM
I'd trade them a 3rd rounder for Branch.

Other than Evans, all the rest of these guys are mediocre at best.

HHURRICANE
09-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Everybody calm down.

First off he want's to be a #1 receiver. We have one!!

Second, unless he's coming here to replace Josh Reed we don't need him.

Third, as much as I have high hopes for JP, he's gotta prove he's the man so buying him another weapon is a little over zealous. We need DE's and OL's!!

Fourth, Skooby's rich friend called me and said Marv already offered Reed and "Tackling Dummy" and Belchick turned him down.

bigbub2352
09-01-2006, 08:51 AM
I think that if this has any truth branch and evans, with peerless at 3 reed 4 parrish 5 and aiken/davis 6 wow, that would be some big play receveirs, maybe we would trade on of ours in the mix hopefully reed that would be outstanding but i am not holding my breath

THATHURMANATOR
09-01-2006, 08:54 AM
We could certainly use Branch but I don't want to give a first rounder....

THATHURMANATOR
09-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Branch has never even had a 1000 yard season.

ICE74129
09-01-2006, 08:55 AM
For what Branch would give us as a #2 and the options it provides, I don't mind giving up a 2nd for him and giving him a decent contract.

THATHURMANATOR
09-01-2006, 08:57 AM
agreed Ice.

Ickybaluky
09-01-2006, 09:04 AM
For what Branch would give us as a #2 and the options it provides, I don't mind giving up a 2nd for him and giving him a decent contract.

He reportedly wants Reggie Wayne money. 6 Yrs/$40M, $13M up front.

ICE74129
09-01-2006, 09:07 AM

Wow, then I hope marv hung up the phone

THATHURMANATOR
09-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Too much money

mysticsoto
09-01-2006, 09:18 AM
We have a WR who catches everything thrown his way...and he's on the verge of being cut. That's how deep we are at the WR position. We don't need to be making any trades for draft choices when we are this deep!!! Contemplation of giving up a 2nd or even a 3rd draft choice next year are ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

madness
09-01-2006, 09:18 AM
Ouch, no thank you.

Tatonka
09-01-2006, 09:20 AM
i would give up a 2nd rounder in a heartbeat for him.. i love the way he plays and he would be a huge addition to our team..

i know it wont happen, but man, i would be so happy to get him, and he would fit our offense so perfect.

BillsNick
09-01-2006, 09:28 AM
We have a WR who catches everything thrown his way...and he's on the verge of being cut. That's how deep we are at the WR position. We don't need to be making any trades for draft choices when we are this deep!!! Contemplation of giving up a 2nd or even a 3rd draft choice next year are ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bf1: Exactly what I've been saying as well.

BillsNick
09-01-2006, 09:30 AM

:puke:

PromoTheRobot
09-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Deion Branch reportedly has received an offer to his liking from another team, according to the Boston Globe.

ESPN is reporting the team is in the AFC, and the Pats are currently negotiating with that team.

There is a rumor, completely unsubstantiated, that the Bills are the team.
Did that unsubstatiated rumour begin with the post above? I would bet on it.

PTR

Ickybaluky
09-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Did that unsubstatiated rumour begin with the post above? I would bet on it.

No.

My history here has not been as a rumor-mongerer. I am not the originator of that rumor, and I only passed it along because I thought it might be of interest.

The rumor came from a conversation I had this morning with a friend, who is a sports anchor on one of the Boston stations. I call him whenever something happens, and he sometimes hears stuff.

justasportsfan
09-01-2006, 09:50 AM
forget that. For that $ I'd rather bring in a stud OL or DE. With a stud OL , we won't need Branch. We have enough wr's who can stretch the field if the QB is enough time.

Dozerdog
09-01-2006, 09:52 AM
If it's the Bills- Reed and Roscoe?

RedEyE
09-01-2006, 09:56 AM
I'd rather the Bills get involved just to flub negotiations with NE and make them choke on Branch through the regular season and especially the first game. I really don't want the Bills trading with the Pats regardless who they're giving up.

The King
09-01-2006, 09:58 AM
He isnt worth the money he wants.

BillsNick
09-01-2006, 10:05 AM
I'd rather the Bills get involved just to flub negotiations with NE and make them choke on Branch through the regular season and especially the first game. I really don't want the Bills trading with the Pats regardless who they're giving up.

:goodpost:

Ickybaluky
09-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Cold Pizza is reporting the offer is from the Jets. Not sure how reliable that is, considering I heard it second hand.

If it is the Jets, perhaps Justin McCareins is involved in the deal.

Ickybaluky
09-01-2006, 10:09 AM
Newsday says it's the Jets:

LINK (http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ny-spjets0902,0,4961374.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines)

RedEyE
09-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Cold Pizza is reporting the offer is from the Jets. Not sure how reliable that is, considering I heard it second hand.

If it is the Jets, perhaps Justin McCareins is involved in the deal.

That would suck ass as a Bills fan. It would be a good deal for both teams.

TigerJ
09-01-2006, 10:15 AM
I ca't imagine the Pats' asking price being anywhere neare what I'd want to pay, and I know Branch's isn't

PromoTheRobot
09-01-2006, 11:07 AM
No.

My history here has not been as a rumor-mongerer. I am not the originator of that rumor, and I only passed it along because I thought it might be of interest.

The rumor came from a conversation I had this morning with a friend, who is a sports anchor on one of the Boston stations. I call him whenever something happens, and he sometimes hears stuff.

Well here's what Boston.com says about it:

Holdout wide receiver Deion Branch has received two acceptable contract
offers, from the Jets and Seahawks, and those teams are now negotiating
with the Patriots on a trade.

Late last week, the Patriots gave Branch permission to negotiate a deal
with another team, but have a deadline of 4 p.m. today.

Branch, unhappy with his contract, has been a holdout for all of the
preseason.

One league source said it was unlikely that the Pats would make a deal
within the division (although they did trade Drew Bledsoe to the
Bills).

If the Patriots don't like the trade offers from the Jets or Seahawks,
they can reject them and keep Branch.

However, the word from Branch's camp is that he could stay out as long
as mid-November if the Pats don't come up with a new deal.
To read more, visit http://www.boston.com

I doubt the Pats will trade with us. They only trade worn-out has-beens like Bledsoe to the Bills.

PTR

Ickybaluky
09-01-2006, 11:08 AM
ESPN has it as well.

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2568851)

Earthquake Enyart
09-01-2006, 01:58 PM
I'd trade him to the Jets out of spite. They are gonna blow.

If the Bears weren't so cheap, they should be in this derby. They have a screaming need for another WR.

SABURZFAN
09-01-2006, 02:08 PM

:roflmao:

good luck kid.... :up:

jmb1099
09-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Evans and branch spreading the field would be nasty, through Parish in the slot and that my firends would change the season. however, I don't see it happening, Pats will want too much, and as it has been pointed out we have greater needs to consider.

ParanoidAndroid
09-01-2006, 02:21 PM
He's not what we need. I'm pretty happy with Evans, Price, Reed and Parrish. We need our draft picks if we're going to rebuild this team. To trade away a draft pick before we even find out what we have with this new regime would be foolish IMO.

We know we need a DE early next year, that you can put in the bank. Jauron is going to want more speed off the edge. I figure an O-lineman and a LB to back up and eventually replace Fletcher...all on day one.

Mr. Cynical
09-01-2006, 02:49 PM
It would make the rivalry more fun. It would be worth it for that alone.

Fun for you guys maybe. You already dumped your trash on us twice with Dredsoe and Milloy. I hope beyond all hope that this is a completely false rumor.

Drive 4 Five
09-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Everybody calm down.

First off he want's to be a #1 receiver. We have one!!

Second, unless he's coming here to replace Josh Reed we don't need him.

Third, as much as I have high hopes for JP, he's gotta prove he's the man so buying him another weapon is a little over zealous. We need DE's and OL's!!

Fourth, Skooby's rich friend called me and said Marv already offered Reed and "Tackling Dummy" and Belchick turned him down.

:clap:

That's great stuff buddy. I really needed that. Thanks homie.