X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Miami, miami, miami....

Heard that Miami just lost Sammy Morris for 4 games as I was driving to work. Everyone in the Media has Miami competing with NE. Miami has no running game (2.9 yards a carry in pre-season). I don't remember a team going to the playoffs without one. I am going out right now and saying that Miami is going to suck this year. I think Daunte will be fine but without a running attack, and MM as your offensive coordinator, I think they are in for a rude surprise.

After getting their ass handed to them in week 1 by Pittsburgh away, I expect their home opener against us to be a beating. A little revenge against MM for giving them the win last year will be awesome.
    Last edited by HHURRICANE; 09-01-2006, 08:50 AM.
  • Static
    The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
    • Jul 2005

Re: Maimi, maimi, miami....

at least you spelled miami right once in the title.

Comment

• Crisis
      • Aug 2004

Ronnie Brown is a stud but they have no one behind him at all.
      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
      Vanek is Austrian not European
      Originally posted by Prov401
      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
      Originally posted by better days
      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Static
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Crisis
        Ronnie Brown is a stud but they have no one behind him at all.

I think Ronnie can carry the load, hopefully one of the other back-ups will step-up or we sign a decent free agent RB.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by LT teh ghost
          at least you spelled miami right once in the title.
          Sorry about that. By the way after I fixed it I checked and your running game still sucks.

Comment

• Static
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            Sorry about that. By the way after I fixed it I checked and your running game still sucks.

Where did you get this magic crystal ball that shows you our running game, and can i get some scores for the season?

Comment

• LtFinFan66
              • Mar 2005

Re: Miami, miami, miami....

if you are going solely on preseason running stats then you are going in blind. If you go by preseason stats alone then JP should be going to the probowl Be a little realistic and see through your hatred. While not having Ricky will hurt ever so slightly, our running game will hardly suck

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                if you are going solely on preseason running stats then you are going in blind. If you go by preseason stats alone then JP should be going to the probowl Be a little realistic and see through your hatred. While not having Ricky will hurt ever so slightly, our running game will hardly suck
                No, I am not basing it on Pre-season stats but from what I have seen. JP doesn't look as good as his stats and he will have his share of growing pains.. My post is based on the terrible run blocking and Ronnie's play so far. If I had to choose, I would rather beat the Pat's and lose to Miami so "hatred" doesn't even come into play. Are you telling me that your running game is not a concern going into Pittsburgh next week?! You don't see a scenario where you could start 0-2?!

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                  • Mar 2005

what are Edge's stats from preseason this year? 0-2 start is possible for anyone but no I don't see it to be very likely at all. IMO of course.

Comment

• Static
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    No, I am not basing it on Pre-season stats but from what I have seen. JP doesn't look as good as his stats and he will have his share of growing pains.. My post is based on the terrible run blocking and Ronnie's play so far. If I had to choose, I would rather beat the Pat's and lose to Miami so "hatred" doesn't even come into play. Are you telling me that your running game is not a concern going into Pittsburgh next week?! You don't see a scenario where you could start 0-2?!
                    1. we usually play well on opening day
                    2. Ronnie ran for 904 yds with a 4.4 avg
                    3. our line was worse last year

yes in the NFL there is always the possibility of starting off the season bad, but i don't think we will, just like i am sure you think the bills will be better than predicted.

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

I don't think there should be any doubt about Ronnie Brown. The only team that won't have a running game in the AFC East should be the Jets. Dillion, McGahee and Brown in the same division makes things interesting. If Curtis Martin still had his S together, then I imagine the Jets might be involved in the mix as well. Kevin Barlow just doesn't have it.

Comment

• Samphin1
                        • Mar 2004

Losing Morris stings. Although, the reports have him taking SUDAFED for a cold and getting popped for four games. That is ******ed. But whatever, that is life I suppose, and one can make an argument that Sammy shouldn't have taken anything that may cause problems.

Now, as for Buffalo beating Miami. Anything can happen, I mean, cows could sprout wings tomorrow and fly to Mars too. The fact is, Miami will not be going into Pittsburgh with the running backs they have now. I fully expect someone like Chris Brown, Ron Dayne, Duce Staley, Lee Suggs etc. to be added before Sept. 7.

Luckily for us Miami fans, we have a glut of talent at both the receiver and DT spots, which makes for good bargaining chips.

All in all, I am impressed with both the defense (who gave up no TD's whille the first string was in) and offense (who, despite the running problems, was able to move the ball down the field against the likes of Carolina, Tampa Bay and Jacksonville).

All in all, if a backup RB can be had, I think Miami goes into this season with good depth and virtually every position and a good shot at making a run.

I will give Buffalo credit though. JP has finally looked like he is a player in the NFL and not a FAN of the NFL. If he can keep maturing and learning, he could cause problems for the AFC East for years to come. Assuming of course, Troy Vincent doesn't haul off and crack his bone in two again.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                          My IQ Test results came back negative
                          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Samphin1
                          Anything can happen, I mean, cows could sprout wings tomorrow and fly to Mars too.
                          I disagree..This cant happen.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                            My IQ Test results came back negative
                            • Oct 2002

But honestly. Dolphins are going to be good. I dont know how some dont think ronnies going to bed good. Hes an above average back with potetional to be great. Dolphins have a strong team. I think Pats Bills and Phins will be in a race all year long. I think the bills have a strong enough team to win the AFCE this year. But i also think that cuase im a bills fan im not gonna lie. I see how dolphins fan think they have a chance. Cause they do they are a good team. I just dont see the Pats doing that well this year they just arent as strong anymore. But as i learned before you cannot predict the NFL. unless your jon anthony

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Samphin1
                              Losing Morris stings.

I fully expect someone like Chris Brown, Ron Dayne, Duce Staley, Lee Suggs etc. to be added before Sept. 7.

All in all, if a backup RB can be had, I think Miami goes into this season with good depth and virtually every position and a good shot at making a run.
                              First off, this isn't a "Miami hater" thread. Last year Miami had an above average running attack averaging 4.4 yards a carry. However you had Ricky Williams sharing duty and he accounted for almost half the yardage while being suspended for part of the season. You've got Ronnie Brown and whoever "get's cut" this year. How can you be better at RB?! As far as your OL is concerned they only look better on paper, just like the Bills. They certainly were horrible in pre-season in run blocking.

Last point. There is alot of media hype about the Dolphins. Daunte Culpepper is a huge addition and Nick Saban has a winning track record. However, you played worse than your 9-7 record indicated. Buffalo sucked last year and we would have swept you if not for MM giving you the 2nd game in the 4th Qtr. Your on the road against the SB champions for their season opener. Good luck running on their D!!

Comment

Working...
                              X