PDA

View Full Version : Miami, miami, miami....

HHURRICANE
09-01-2006, 08:38 AM
Heard that Miami just lost Sammy Morris for 4 games as I was driving to work. Everyone in the Media has Miami competing with NE. Miami has no running game (2.9 yards a carry in pre-season). I don't remember a team going to the playoffs without one. I am going out right now and saying that Miami is going to suck this year. I think Daunte will be fine but without a running attack, and MM as your offensive coordinator, I think they are in for a rude surprise.

After getting their ass handed to them in week 1 by Pittsburgh away, I expect their home opener against us to be a beating. A little revenge against MM for giving them the win last year will be awesome.

Static
09-01-2006, 08:40 AM
at least you spelled miami right once in the title.

Crisis
09-01-2006, 08:45 AM
Ronnie Brown is a stud but they have no one behind him at all.

Static
09-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Ronnie Brown is a stud but they have no one behind him at all.

I think Ronnie can carry the load, hopefully one of the other back-ups will step-up or we sign a decent free agent RB.

HHURRICANE
09-01-2006, 08:51 AM
at least you spelled miami right once in the title.

Sorry about that. By the way after I fixed it I checked and your running game still sucks.

Static
09-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Sorry about that. By the way after I fixed it I checked and your running game still sucks.

Where did you get this magic crystal ball that shows you our running game, and can i get some scores for the season?

LtFinFan66
09-01-2006, 08:55 AM
if you are going solely on preseason running stats then you are going in blind. If you go by preseason stats alone then JP should be going to the probowl:down: Be a little realistic and see through your hatred. While not having Ricky will hurt ever so slightly, our running game will hardly suck

HHURRICANE
09-01-2006, 09:04 AM
if you are going solely on preseason running stats then you are going in blind. If you go by preseason stats alone then JP should be going to the probowl:down: Be a little realistic and see through your hatred. While not having Ricky will hurt ever so slightly, our running game will hardly suck

No, I am not basing it on Pre-season stats but from what I have seen. JP doesn't look as good as his stats and he will have his share of growing pains.. My post is based on the terrible run blocking and Ronnie's play so far. If I had to choose, I would rather beat the Pat's and lose to Miami so "hatred" doesn't even come into play. Are you telling me that your running game is not a concern going into Pittsburgh next week?! You don't see a scenario where you could start 0-2?!

LtFinFan66
09-01-2006, 09:07 AM
what are Edge's stats from preseason this year? 0-2 start is possible for anyone but no I don't see it to be very likely at all. IMO of course.

Static
09-01-2006, 09:09 AM
No, I am not basing it on Pre-season stats but from what I have seen. JP doesn't look as good as his stats and he will have his share of growing pains.. My post is based on the terrible run blocking and Ronnie's play so far. If I had to choose, I would rather beat the Pat's and lose to Miami so "hatred" doesn't even come into play. Are you telling me that your running game is not a concern going into Pittsburgh next week?! You don't see a scenario where you could start 0-2?!

1. we usually play well on opening day
2. Ronnie ran for 904 yds with a 4.4 avg
3. our line was worse last year

yes in the NFL there is always the possibility of starting off the season bad, but i don't think we will, just like i am sure you think the bills will be better than predicted.

RedEyE
09-01-2006, 09:41 AM
I don't think there should be any doubt about Ronnie Brown. The only team that won't have a running game in the AFC East should be the Jets. Dillion, McGahee and Brown in the same division makes things interesting. If Curtis Martin still had his S together, then I imagine the Jets might be involved in the mix as well. Kevin Barlow just doesn't have it.

Samphin1
09-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Losing Morris stings. Although, the reports have him taking SUDAFED for a cold and getting popped for four games. That is ******ed. But whatever, that is life I suppose, and one can make an argument that Sammy shouldn't have taken anything that may cause problems.

Now, as for Buffalo beating Miami. Anything can happen, I mean, cows could sprout wings tomorrow and fly to Mars too. The fact is, Miami will not be going into Pittsburgh with the running backs they have now. I fully expect someone like Chris Brown, Ron Dayne, Duce Staley, Lee Suggs etc. to be added before Sept. 7.

Luckily for us Miami fans, we have a glut of talent at both the receiver and DT spots, which makes for good bargaining chips.

All in all, I am impressed with both the defense (who gave up no TD's whille the first string was in) and offense (who, despite the running problems, was able to move the ball down the field against the likes of Carolina, Tampa Bay and Jacksonville).

All in all, if a backup RB can be had, I think Miami goes into this season with good depth and virtually every position and a good shot at making a run.

I will give Buffalo credit though. JP has finally looked like he is a player in the NFL and not a FAN of the NFL. If he can keep maturing and learning, he could cause problems for the AFC East for years to come. Assuming of course, Troy Vincent doesn't haul off and crack his bone in two again.

BillsOwnAll
09-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Anything can happen, I mean, cows could sprout wings tomorrow and fly to Mars too. I disagree..This cant happen.

BillsOwnAll
09-01-2006, 11:08 AM
But honestly. Dolphins are going to be good. I dont know how some dont think ronnies going to bed good. Hes an above average back with potetional to be great. Dolphins have a strong team. I think Pats Bills and Phins will be in a race all year long. I think the bills have a strong enough team to win the AFCE this year. But i also think that cuase im a bills fan im not gonna lie. I see how dolphins fan think they have a chance. Cause they do they are a good team. I just dont see the Pats doing that well this year they just arent as strong anymore. But as i learned before you cannot predict the NFL. unless your jon anthony;)

HHURRICANE
09-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Losing Morris stings.

I fully expect someone like Chris Brown, Ron Dayne, Duce Staley, Lee Suggs etc. to be added before Sept. 7.

All in all, if a backup RB can be had, I think Miami goes into this season with good depth and virtually every position and a good shot at making a run.

First off, this isn't a "Miami hater" thread. Last year Miami had an above average running attack averaging 4.4 yards a carry. However you had Ricky Williams sharing duty and he accounted for almost half the yardage while being suspended for part of the season. You've got Ronnie Brown and whoever "get's cut" this year. How can you be better at RB?! As far as your OL is concerned they only look better on paper, just like the Bills. They certainly were horrible in pre-season in run blocking.

Last point. There is alot of media hype about the Dolphins. Daunte Culpepper is a huge addition and Nick Saban has a winning track record. However, you played worse than your 9-7 record indicated. Buffalo sucked last year and we would have swept you if not for MM giving you the 2nd game in the 4th Qtr. Your on the road against the SB champions for their season opener. Good luck running on their D!!

dplus47
09-01-2006, 11:57 AM
ronnie brown missed training camp last year. couple that with ricky's suspension, and he didn't really contribute until week 3. he knows what's going on this year, and he's not going to sit down after 8 carries, like in the preseason. keep telling yourself he's not going to succeed, though. the O-line looks weak, but they'll come together as the season progresses if it's anything like last year. the real problem with the running game is depth.

is pittsburgh's run D going to be able to help buffalo? or will they crush the dolphins' will so much that they roll over for the bills the following week? pittsburgh is going to have to run on miami's D as well. roethlisberger would have had a substantially higher QB rating in the super bowl if he had thrown every pass directly into the ground; that makes for a fearsome passing attack. they're going to have to run to open it up a little. also, is hines ward going to play? i'm glad you have all the answers beforehand. don't ruin it for us by telling what's going to happen.

OpIv37
09-01-2006, 12:07 PM
Losing Morris stings. Although, the reports have him taking SUDAFED for a cold and getting popped for four games. That is ******ed. But whatever, that is life I suppose, and one can make an argument that Sammy shouldn't have taken anything that may cause problems.

If that's true, that's complete BS on the part of the NFL.

However, I do have two questions: First, was he taking more than the required dosage as an attempt to use sudafed as a performance enhancer? Or was he honestly taking the reccommended dose for a cold?

Second, Sudafed contains psuedoephedrine, which is somehow different from the ephedrin that was in FenPhen and the old Xenadrine before it was banned in the US. I'm not a chemist so I don't know what the difference is or if either of these questions can be answered by the toxicology report. But I would like to know the answers to determine if this suspension was fair or not.

HHURRICANE
09-01-2006, 12:07 PM
0-2 is a stong possibility for Miami just as much as it is for Buffalo. If Dolphins fans don't want to face that reality than don't come over here on the Bills site to see what I'm writing. I'm sure there is plenty of optimism on Fins Haven.

HHURRICANE
09-01-2006, 12:14 PM
"I think the Dolphins are ready for Pittsburg. The two areas of concern will be the running game and the secondary. I think those two areas will get a lot of attention in the early part of the season. The secondary looks like they will be able to manage. But now that Sammy morris is out for four games, it looks like Ronnie is the only guy at RB. That could be a serious problem."

One of your posters at Fin Haven!! I guess I don't know what I'm talking about!!

Static
09-01-2006, 12:14 PM
0-2 is a stong possibility for Miami just as much as it is for Buffalo. If Dolphins fans don't want to face that reality than don't come over here on the Bills site to see what I'm writing. I'm sure there is plenty of optimism on Fins Haven.

There is also a strong possibility that you could get the Herpes, so what is your point.

THATHURMANATOR
09-01-2006, 12:17 PM
The Phins should be better than the Bills this year.

dplus47
09-01-2006, 12:25 PM
After getting their ass handed to them in week 1 by Pittsburgh away, I expect their home opener against us to be a beating. A little revenge against MM for giving them the win last year will be awesome.

the phins have questions, that's for sure. nobody is denying that. i don't understand how you "know" certain things about ronnie and the running game when he had about 1 game's worth of carries over the preseason. that's all. pittsburgh handing anybody their ass is also a stretch. pittsburgh also lacks depth at RB, and they may not have their #1 WR. i expect a defensive struggle.

i also love the meme that MM handed the phins the game in miami last year. i love it more each time i hear it. it's as if the players are inanimate chess pieces in the hands of their almighty coach. execution has nothing to do with it, right? phin fans are just as guilty, crucifying linehan for faulty red zone play calling last year. the players have to make plays when they have a chance to make them. the play call may not be perfect, but the execution can be, if the players are focused. a guy may drop a pass that shouldn't have been called in the first place, but he still dropped the pass. much like life, pro football players can't hit the reset button if they don't like a call.

short version of the above: there is more than one factor in every win or loss, regardless of the desire of the observer.

Marino13Phins
09-01-2006, 12:50 PM
There is also a strong possibility that you could get the Herpes, so what is your point.

:rofl:

Marino13Phins
09-01-2006, 01:10 PM
The Phins should be better than the Bills this year.

That is true.

feelthepain
09-01-2006, 01:33 PM

Hey genius, who's your backup RB and why is it only important that Miami has a backup??? Morris is our backup RB, and before the season starts and before this report on Morris there was strong speculation Miami was still in the market for a backup,. If anything this just confirms it and as a result of Morris's test could actually make Miami better because it forces the fins to upgrade the backup RB position. You keep clining to the hope that Miami fails because that's all you have...hope!! Ronnie Brown sucks, but Willis McGahee doesn't, OK sure.

Marino13Phins
09-01-2006, 01:42 PM

Yea, the preseason is a good judge of that where all they run is dives. We had a good running game last year, and it will get better this year now that ronnie has a year under his belt.

justasportsfan
09-01-2006, 01:43 PM
I gotta give finfans where credit is due , though.

Their fan attendance during preseason home games were already mid to late season turn out. 5,000 attendance /game :up:

Meathead
09-01-2006, 01:43 PM
honest to god i had a dream last night that i banged paris hilton

this morning i woke up with the herpes

mysticsoto
09-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Hey genius, who's your backup RB and why is it only important that Miami has a backup??? Morris is our backup RB, and before the season starts and before this report on Morris there was strong speculation Miami was still in the market for a backup,. If anything this just confirms it and as a result of Morris's test could actually make Miami better because it forces the fins to upgrade the backup RB position. You keep clining to the hope that Miami fails because that's all you have...hope!! Ronnie Brown sucks, but Willis McGahee doesn't, OK sure.

Miami would be smart to look at whoever Buffalo decides to let go. Shaud Williams and Fred Jackson are very decent RBs and would be excellent for their backup position. Of course, NE might want to take a look also now that their rookie Maroney is hurt. In fact, there are quite a few teams that need to pay more attention to their backup RBs and I think our leftovers will be in high demand!

justasportsfan
09-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Miami would be smart to look at whoever Buffalo decides to let go. Shaud Williams and Fred Jackson are very decent RBs and would be excellent for their backup position. Of course, NE might want to take a look also now that their rookie Maroney is hurt. In fact, there are quite a few teams that need to pay more attention to their backup RBs and I think our leftovers will be in high demand!

FTP will be expecting every one of our rejects that they hire to be HOF with The fish.

mysticsoto
09-01-2006, 02:06 PM
FTP will be expecting every of our rejects that they hire to be probowlers .

Should we run a pool on how quickly fin fans are going to get tired of Bennie?

justasportsfan
09-01-2006, 02:08 PM
this reminds me, who will Fat Bennie be facing against us? Rotating Anderson and Kyle?

SABURZFAN
09-01-2006, 02:13 PM
honest to god i had a dream last night that i banged paris hilton

this morning i woke up with the herpes

you're the first person known in history to get it from your hand.

SABURZFAN
09-01-2006, 02:14 PM

However, I do have two questions: First, was he taking more than the required dosage as an attempt to use sudafed as a performance enhancer? Or was he honestly taking the reccommended dose for a cold?

Second, Sudafed contains psuedoephedrine, which is somehow different from the ephedrin that was in FenPhen and the old Xenadrine before it was banned in the US. I'm not a chemist so I don't know what the difference is or if either of these questions can be answered by the toxicology report. But I would like to know the answers to determine if this suspension was fair or not.

anybody know???? :tap:

mysticsoto
09-01-2006, 02:16 PM
this reminds me, who will Fat Bennie be facing against us? Rotating Anderson and Kyle?

I think we just found something for Jonathan Smith to do...

Samphin1
09-01-2006, 02:27 PM

This is from what I understand, meaning, I, in no way, represent with all the facts. From what I have read, pseudoephedrine is also on the banned substance list. Players cannot take Sudafed or anything that has banned substances in it, UNLESS it is prescribed to them by the team physician. Our team physician testified that Sammy took the medicine that was PRESCRIBED TO HIM.

I suppose that wasn't good enough for the league though, as they obviously denied the appeal. Sammy maintains he has an ongoing sinus condition and without treatment, can sideline him. If you take what he is saying at face value, it seems like B.S. and a case of a good rule having a few bad exceptions to it.

However, on the flip side, the onus was on Morris to make sure it was square before ingesting it. Also, I think the test just confirmed that he had ephedrine (or pseudo ephedrine as it were) in his system. they don't know the source of it. Which, I guess if you are a cynic, Sammy took it as a performance enhancer, perhaps not even in Sudafed and later fell back on this claim.

I don't know for sure, but everything I read about Sammy and his character leads me to believe that he is probably telling the truth and got pinched by the letter of the law type deal.

Samphin1
09-01-2006, 02:27 PM

You would have already had to place your bets. I was tired of him by game 3 of the preseason.

dplus47
09-01-2006, 02:31 PM
You would have already had to place your bets. I was tired of him by game 3 of the preseason.

i echo that. he hasn't shown anything.

SABURZFAN
09-01-2006, 04:00 PM
i echo that. he hasn't shown anything.

neither will mularkey. :snicker:

justasportsfan
09-01-2006, 06:27 PM
haha! that shut up FTP. He can't be defending Anderson now that two of the better finfan posters here went against his rose colored ways.

!Papacrunk!
09-01-2006, 06:51 PM
During last year's preseason, the running game was just as stale, similar, if not worse stats. I'm sure different teams have different levels of vanilla that they choose to show during the preseason--on all schemes-special teams, offense, and defense, so it's hard to compare what is shown, to what is actually the true offense/defense/ST. Another huge thing to consider, is that our o-line's calling card is to bruise and wear down teams as the game goes on. In pre-season, just like other positions, the starting o-line will only play so much, so it's hard to wear down a team when that o-line is pulled once they just start to get going. Best way to describe that idea--- a bruising RB-ala Ricky Williams: he got stronger as the game went on, only because he was the guy doing the hitting, wearing down the defense, as opposed to the other way around. I think we may have led the NFl in points scored in the 4th quarter as well, which could be somewhat of an indicator of the line wearing down the defense. Good thing Ronnie is a big guy himself, who has cut the fat, and has added muscle, but still has the speed. Bennie Anderson has not been electrifying, but he hasn't been horrible. His saving grace, is that Houck likes his linmeman to be big guys, so maybe he can do something with the lump. Another point is that we have a QB that could "potentially" help the running game as well, since defenses may not be able to stack the line against us, since we never had a QB to scare anyone in a very long time.
::edit:: this is the only way I can space between my two rants, lol Truthfully, I am worried about the Steelers game. I mean c'mon, the opening game against the Super Bowl champs, the same day they get their rings, lol. It will be a tough one. For me, that game will accentuate the phrase, "expect the worse, hope for the best." I don't expect the Phins to rollover, but it'd be something for them to pull out a win at Heinz. Biggest thing that Pitt's offense has going for them is their experience against their own teams blitzing, since they are Blitzburgh as well, and Miami has really utilized various blitzing schemes since Saban arrived. If they are able to pull out a win, I'll be a happy mudderfudder, but if not, hopefully they'll be PO'd and take it out on the Bills at their home opener.

HHURRICANE
09-01-2006, 08:46 PM
During last year's preseason, the running game was just as stale, similar, if not worse stats. I'm sure different teams have different levels of vanilla that they choose to show during the preseason--on all schemes-special teams, offense, and defense, so it's hard to compare what is shown, to what is actually the true offense/defense/ST. Another huge thing to consider, is that ourdown the defense. Good thing Ronnie is a big guy himself, who has cut the fat, and has added muscle, but still has the speed. Bennie Anderson has not been electrifying, but he hasn't been horrible. His saving grace, is that Houck likes his linmeman to be big guys, so maybe he can do something ome opener.

Good info. Bills at NE, Miami at Pittsburgh. Both teams could be battling for their first win in Miami. I'll certainly be watching the running game as I am still not convinced!!

feelthepain
09-01-2006, 09:44 PM
I'll certainly be watching the running game as I am still not convinced!!

Why does it matter what you think of the fins running game?? Why don't you worry about your QB situation or your Oline???

Here is what Buffalo did in the preseason rushing:

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>RUSHING (Plays-Average Yards)</TD><TD align=middle>109 - 3.7</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Here is what Miami did in the preseason rushing:
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>
RUSHING (Plays-Average Yards)

</TD><TD align=middle>111 - 2.9</TD><TD align=middle>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Doesn't look like you should concern yourself with the Dolphins the Bills didn't exactly light it up this preseason!!

Carlton Bailey
09-01-2006, 10:50 PM
I'm no Dolphin fan, but saying they'll suck because of a poor preseason running game is asinine. Ronnie Brown's a great player.

buff what?
09-02-2006, 01:50 AM
I gotta give finfans where credit is due , though.

Their fan attendance during preseason home games were already mid to late season turn out. 5,000 attendance /game :up:
If that is all you got to pick on the phins for this year is attendance, I'll take it.:respect:

HHURRICANE
09-07-2006, 10:52 PM
I told you so.

!Papacrunk!
09-07-2006, 10:54 PM
I told you so.
Check my last paragraph from my above last post. I think this might be the millionth time I've brought this up, but didn't the Steelers D allow only one 100 yard rusher last year. It's not like they have a scrub D.

HHURRICANE
09-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Heard that Miami just lost Sammy Morris for 4 games as I was driving to work. Everyone in the Media has Miami competing with NE. Miami has no running game (2.9 yards a carry in pre-season). I don't remember a team going to the playoffs without one. I am going out right now and saying that Miami is going to suck this year. I think Daunte will be fine but without a running attack, and MM as your offensive coordinator, I think they are in for a rude surprise.

Called it!!

HHURRICANE
09-17-2006, 03:28 PM

Kiss my ass!! I might not be right about anything else this year but I called it!! Also, whoever groaned at me can lick my you know what!!

HHURRICANE
09-17-2006, 03:29 PM
I called it on 9/1/06!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bluehaze
09-17-2006, 03:55 PM
I disagree with your post as the only thing Miami had in this game was a running game, even though our O-Line sucked to the point of RB having to carry 5 Bills on his back for what gains he got we still had a running game. However, what we didn't have was a quarterback :oops:

You are right about the sucking part though :(