PDA

View Full Version : sadly i have holcomb ahead of NALL

djjimkelly
09-01-2006, 10:35 AM
based on what ive seen from NALL the last 3 weeks i wouldnt put him ahead of holcomb. and anyone who has read my posts on here for last year or so knows I HATE HOLCOMB or as i like to call him HOMOBUM.

Nall looks like hes willing to fling stuff up at real bad times and so on.

that being said i stilll HOPE bills brass name NALL the backup becuz we can hope he starts to get it.

BILLSROCK1212
09-01-2006, 10:39 AM
after last night I agree

madness
09-01-2006, 10:50 AM
I don't. I think Nall takes #2, he had the better game last night.

Backup quarterback
Kelly Holcomb played well going 4-4 for 81 yards and a 118 passer rating. He had a couple of passes downfield to Josh Reed including a 32-yard hookup. Holcomb led the team to a field goal at the end of the first half. He was sacked once.
Craig Nall entered the game with 8:51 left in the third quarter. His first pass was right on target as he hit Andre Davis for a first down. He completed a nice throw over the middle under pressure, but it came back on a holding penalty. Nall avoided a sack by throwing a pass at the feet of George Wilson when Claude Harriott had him in his grasp in the backfield. He too led the team to a field goal on a 10-play drive.
Nall was hit as he tried to deliver a pass deep downfield altering the flight path of the ball, which ultimately was intercepted by the Lions. He responded by hooking up with Andre Davis for a 70-yard touchdown. He finished the night 7-11 for 119 yards a touchdown and an INT. Nall had a passer rating of 92.6.

THATHURMANATOR
09-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Doesn't matter to me either way.

Jan Reimers
09-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Doesn't matter to me either way.
Exactly. I'm hoping neither ever takes the field, unless we're up by 50.

patmoran2006
09-01-2006, 12:00 PM
I think Holcomb starts the season as the #2

HHURRICANE
09-01-2006, 12:02 PM
The whole problem started when MM tried to make a good backup the starter. Holcomb is not a starting QB. But I think he's a decent backup if he understands his role.

I don't know how Nall has earned the backup role. If I were the coach I couldn't objectively start Nall ahead of Holcomb.

patmoran2006
09-01-2006, 12:04 PM
lets take the worst-case scenario...

lets say JP is playing bad or he gets dinged up and missed part of a game.. Then I think Holcomb is the guy to come in.. He'd be decent for the short term.

Now if God forbid JP suffered a major injury and had to miss the season or multiple weeks, then I think you prepare to have Nall as the starter, and let him audition.

If that makes any sense..

TacklingDummy
09-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Of course Losmanics want Holcomb as the #2. Holcomb is less of a threat to take the starter's role once JP goes down with a injury or gets benched from bad play.

Nall is clearly the #2 guy right now.

THATHURMANATOR
09-01-2006, 12:21 PM
I could care less if Holcombmania or Nall Ball are the backup.

DON'T SPEAK FOR ME!

TacklingDummy
09-01-2006, 12:24 PM
I could care less if Holcombmania or Nall Ball are the backup.

Why do you care less who the backup is? Wouldn't you want the second best QB getting the job?

HHURRICANE
09-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Of course Losmanics want Holcomb as the #2. Holcomb is less of a threat to take the starter's role once JP goes down with a injury or gets benched from bad play.

Nall is clearly the #2 guy right now.

Dumbest post ever.
It's like putting whip cream on dog ****. It's still dog ****.

Nall, Holcomb or Holcomb,Nall is going to get you the same result.

If Nall is a threat as starting QB than we should resign ourselves to Plummer or Quinn starting for us next year!

TacklingDummy
09-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Why is the post dumb? Nall put up just as good of stats. as JP did this pre-season in limited action. Nall by far outplayed Holcomb.

Depth Chart is 1) Losman, 2) Nall, 3) Holcomb and thats a FACT. :)

And please don't say Nall played against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Because JP played against Carolina's 2nd/3rd stringers, and Cincy/Cleve/Lions 1st string defense probably are no better then Carolinas 2nd/3rd stringers.

justasportsfan
09-01-2006, 12:45 PM
That pass to reed by KH was a beauty. They first and only time I've seen JP throw that kind of pass in that range was his very first throw in his career to Evans in last years opener.

Since then , he's tried to zip it rather than lob the ball to where only the wr can cach it. JP has no problem making those passes when he throws a bomb. It's his medium range that he struggles with.

I also don't havea problem with Nall. I think the more reps he gets the better he becomes. IMO, he will be no. 2 and keep pushing JP.

Kerr
09-01-2006, 12:48 PM
holy holcomb!

HHURRICANE
09-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Why is the post dumb? Nall put up just as good of stats. as JP did this pre-season in limited action. Nall by far outplayed Holcomb.

Depth Chart is 1) Losman, 2) Nall, 3) Holcomb and thats a FACT. :)

And please don't say Nall played against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Because JP played against Carolina's 2nd/3rd stringers, and Cincy/Cleve/Lions 1st string defense probably are no better then Carolinas 2nd/3rd stringers.

The post is dumb because nobody cares who #2 is. You brought up the conspiracy theory of why people want Holcomb as #2. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Meathead
09-01-2006, 01:47 PM
this whole holcomb/nall thing has been beyond silly

this just in: kelly holcomb is an upper echelon backup qb in the nfl and will be for the next several years. nothing that happened in preseason could possibly change that, except maybe unless he spontaneously burst into flames or something

if you think otherwise i suggest you take the next bus to stupidtown and make yourself a home

Meathead
09-01-2006, 01:47 PM
now that we got that out of the way, i hope we dont ever see holcomb take a snap this season. except maybe when we are up 42-3 or something

and it wouldnt bother me in the least if nall takes the #2 sometime this year, in fact i would prefer it. but theres absolutely no way he has it now. id start holcomb every single time over nall at this point

justasportsfan
09-01-2006, 01:56 PM
this whole holcomb/nall thing has been beyond silly

I agree. First it's JP vs. KH , now it's KH vs. Nall.

What's next? Janitor vs. Wire?