PDA

View Full Version : Pats game could be the most important one.

justasportsfan
09-01-2006, 01:02 PM
If JP has a decent game and we go on to beat the pats, this entire team will have all the confidence in JP especially going into the next game against the fins. We then will have a chance to go 2-0. I know it's a pipe dream but beating the pats is very vital. It gives us momentum going into Miami.

If by a miracle we go 2-0, watch all the stupid media talk playoffs all of a sudden and change their opinion on both Senile Levy and "coach of the year Jauron".

Willis will be back to calling himself the best rb in the league. :ill:

Most of all, it'll make TD look like the idiot he is.

mybills
09-01-2006, 01:17 PM
I'm undecided if I'm watching that at home, or at the bar where I always watch the Bills. They're having a huge cookout (maybe pig roast) but I'm not sure I want to watch it with Pats fans. :coocoo:

ok, some of them are cool, and the girls that work there will prolly expect me to show up. If we're winning at half time, maybe I'll pop in..but if we're getting slammed, I'll give them a week to come down from their high and just go next week. :up:

Kerr
09-01-2006, 01:30 PM
I can't even remember the last time we beat the pats at their house. I want this win badly.

dplus47
09-01-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm undecided if I'm watching that at home, or at the bar where I always watch the Bills. They're having a huge cookout (maybe pig roast) but I'm not sure I want to watch it with Pats fans. :coocoo:

ok, some of them are cool, and the girls that work there will prolly expect me to show up. If we're winning at half time, maybe I'll pop in..but if we're getting slammed, I'll give them a week to come down from their high and just go next week. :up:

don't skip out on a pig roast just because of the company! especially if some of them are cool... i'm just sayin'...

justasportsfan
09-01-2006, 01:34 PM

Go anyways and pull an upperdecker if they win :up:

ICE74129
09-01-2006, 01:35 PM
If JP has a decent game and we go on to beat the pats, this entire team will have all the confidence in JP especially going into the next game against the fins. We then will have a chance to go 2-0. I know it's a pipe dream but beating the pats is very vital. It gives us momentum going into Miami.

If by a miracle we go 2-0, watch all the stupid media talk playoffs all of a sudden and change their opinion on both Senile Levy and "coach of the year Jauron".

we go 2-0 all I ask is we keep friggin ESPN the hell away from orchard park. Everytime we are on a streak and they show up we start going toes up

mybills
09-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Go anyways and pull an upperdecker if they win :up:
:rofl:

HAMMER
09-01-2006, 01:41 PM

That is complete chicken crap, what a wimp. If you can't stand a little heat from some Pats fans then you are certainly not a real woman, or a real Bills fan.

justasportsfan
09-01-2006, 01:50 PM
That is complete chicken crap, what a wimp. If you can't stand a little heat from some Pats fans then you are certainly not a real woman, or a real Bills fan.
I used to live in So. Fla. during our 3-13 season. I would show up in my Bills jersey to watch miami games even though they weren't playing the bills . Tickets were cheap. My finfan co-workers gave them to me free . Since finfans hardly ever show up.

I loved waching them get all pissed off when they saw my jersey . I realized then I had more teeth than an entire section of trailer trash finfans:up:

Meathead
09-01-2006, 01:56 PM
you know, any given sunday and all that

but im already planning on an 0-2 start. beating the pats and fins away to start the season is just too much to ask for. too many changes for it all to come together that quickly

then the next two games are more winnable to get to the 2-2 start i am craving. if theres any chance to make a run at the playoff going 1-3 or worse would be quite difficult to recover from for this team

but ...

its not like the bills are 14 point dogs at ne so it wouldnt be a total miracle. if they can steal one of the first two i would agree that would be a huge boost very early in the season that could help them gel faster and play with much more confidence

i just dont think its going to happen

Meathead
09-01-2006, 01:58 PM
I loved waching them get all pissed off when they saw my jersey . I realized then I had more teeth than an entire section of trailer trash finfans:up:
whenever i would wear my old jersey everybody thought i was a giants fan :sad:

justasportsfan
09-01-2006, 02:11 PM
whenever i would wear my old jersey everybody thought i was a giants fan :sad:
Haha! They can't even agree with themselves that their colors are either teal or aqua and orange.

bills_7
09-01-2006, 11:51 PM
I think its good we play them first.. we got nothing to lose and everything to gain... GO BILLS!!!

YardRat
09-02-2006, 06:11 AM
Of course it's the most important one...it's the next game we play.

mybills
09-02-2006, 06:32 AM
You sound just like them, are you a Pats fan?

Mitchy moo
09-02-2006, 07:39 AM
Ed kilgore agrees woth you justa:

But this is going to be a team Bills fans will like I’m pretty sure, now that I’ve seen them.
And if, and it’s a very big if, they can steal one of, or maybe even both of those first two games on the road, it really gets interesting in a hurry.

http://www.wgrz.com/sports/columnist/AsISeeIt/AsISeeIt_article.aspx?storyid=40889

!Papacrunk!
09-02-2006, 08:15 AM
Last year the Bills were outscored 226 to 129 on the road correct? Of those points, I'm not sure how many came from the opposing teams defense or offense. Hopefully that's something that Jauron will correct for you guys. (insert Mularkey comment _________)

patmoran2006
09-02-2006, 08:35 AM

While I dont for a SECOND think we're beating NE< I totally agree with you about the media..

TO me, the NE game counts for two games.. We upset them, we're beating Miami. We lose to them, we're going 0-2.

Yer right about the media.. They're going to be extreme.. we start out good and everything you say is true. We lose and go 0-2 and we get ridiculed for every offseason move we made.

X-Era
09-02-2006, 09:34 AM

Ya know, Im pretty pissed at the NFL. How ridiculous to screw this team with 2 division road games and there first game against the likely division winners and a perrenial playoff team. Thats just plain crap. Our toughest game of the year is our first game and its away. Garbage. What happened to schedules based on record? Dont these people look at what they are scheduling?

That said, I hope we stick it to the world and go in there and BEAT the Pats. What a statement. I think its EXTREMELY unlikely but, wouldnt it be great. Maybe we can catch them napping. Maybe they arent what they once were. Maybe both.

RedEyE
09-02-2006, 09:55 AM
I just don't want to see the Bills beat themselves. They can't afford to make costly mistakes against the Patriots.

What would be sweet is if McGee busted a yard burner on the opening kick off. Then on the Pats first possession they're forced to punt and Parrish rips one into the endzone as well.

The Bills up 14-0 before our offense even touches the ball would alleviate any stress JP might be having at that moment.

Of course all of that is highly unlikely, but I think our Special Teams might be the biggest weapon we have against the AFC East.

HAMMER
09-02-2006, 11:08 AM
You sound just like them, are you a Pats fan?

...and the worst part is you say if we are winning at the half then you will go. That is gutless, we have a lame Jet fan that does that at the Bills bar I frequent. He only shows up when his team is winning, total chicken bleep. Have some sack and show them what it is to be a real fan, winning or losing.

ublinkwescore
09-02-2006, 11:11 AM
don't skip out on a pig roast just because of the company! especially if some of them are cool... i'm just sayin'...

What if she's muslim?

ublinkwescore
09-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Ed kilgore agrees woth you justa:

But this is going to be a team Bills fans will like I’m pretty sure, now that I’ve seen them.
And if, and it’s a very big if, they can steal one of, or maybe even both of those first two games on the road, it really gets interesting in a hurry.

http://www.wgrz.com/sports/columnist/AsISeeIt/AsISeeIt_article.aspx?storyid=40889

If we win our first two on the road, I'd say we make the playoffs, no question.

If we can spank them on the road, it's gonna be much easier to beat them at our house - and we'll have already sparked fear in their hearts.

mybills
09-02-2006, 02:58 PM
...and the worst part is you say if we are winning at the half then you will go. That is gutless, we have a lame Jet fan that does that at the Bills bar I frequent. He only shows up when his team is winning, total chicken bleep. Have some sack and show them what it is to be a real fan, winning or losing.
see my title for your opinion of me.

You go to a Bills bar.
There aren't any around here.
This is a Pats bar.

I live in NE and I'm surrounded by them. Until you live here amongst them, stfu about it.

I can watch the game without LOUD MOUTH distractions at home.
The only thing I'd be missing is a couple of hours with a few friends, which I can see the following week.

ublinkwescore
09-02-2006, 05:37 PM
see my title for your opinion of me.

You go to a Bills bar.
There aren't any around here.
This is a Pats bar.

I live in NE and I'm surrounded by them. Until you live here amongst them, stfu about it.

I can watch the game without LOUD MOUTH distractions at home.
The only thing I'd be missing is a couple of hours with a few friends, which I can see the following week.

You should still go. I'm like the ONLY bills fan at Maloney's in Merced (like the only place I can watch football until last season), but I don't care. I enjoy football too much to let other teams' fans dissuade me.

justasportsfan
09-02-2006, 09:50 PM
While I dont for a SECOND think we're beating NE< I totally agree with you about the media..

TO me, the NE game counts for two games.. We upset them, we're beating Miami. We lose to them, we're going 0-2.

Yer right about the media.. They're going to be extreme.. we start out good and everything you say is true. We lose and go 0-2 and we get ridiculed for every offseason move we made. UP until after the detroit game, whenever NFLN talked about the bills, all they talked about was how JP was inconsistent, having problems with the vets ,blah,blah,balh.

When they showed the highlights of the detroit game, they started saying all of a sudden that JP was confident, gaining respect , blah,blah,blah.

National media really blows. But wen it comes to freaking TO news , they are right on the ball. I mean, we haven't done anything to gain the respect of the league. That's fair enough, but freaking T.O.? It's like gloryfying criminals. At least be updated . It's NFL Network for crying out loud.

Mitchy moo
09-02-2006, 10:59 PM
If we win our first two on the road, I'd say we make the playoffs, no question.

If we can spank them on the road, it's gonna be much easier to beat them at our house - and we'll have already sparked fear in their hearts.

Well I think that our schedule favors that already, our divisional play will just secure the fact if we can go 5-1 or better. Sweeping the jets shouldn't be a mountain and splitting with NE and Miami is more than possible but if we beat NE and Miami away then we are going 5-1 one way or the other. The balance of the schedule minus the colts looks quite winable and if the colts break a leg (manning) or stumble they maybe in trouble. Plan on a "suprise" in the presses eye.

ublinkwescore
09-02-2006, 11:22 PM
I groaned you because it was an insignificant action - I do kinda agree with what you're saying, however because the divisions are now smaller, I think it's more important to be able to win outside of your division - a few years ago (before the reallignment of the league) if you wanted to be able to go to the playoffs, your team had to be built to win within it's division - now you have to look at the rest of the NFL more than ever.

mybills
09-03-2006, 08:48 AM
You should still go. I'm like the ONLY bills fan at Maloney's in Merced (like the only place I can watch football until last season), but I don't care. I enjoy football too much to let other teams' fans dissuade me.
That's not it.
I want to see and hear the game. They are too loud when playing a division rival. I'd rather go when they give me my own tv (like usual) and the Pats are playing against a non-div-rival. I'm sure that noise would calm down considerably if we're winning at half time. That pig roast is pretty tempting, too. I'm still undecided, though.

dplus47
09-03-2006, 01:42 PM
What if she's muslim?

more pig for the rest of us!

Bill Brasky
09-03-2006, 02:36 PM
I just don't want to see the Bills beat themselves. They can't afford to make costly mistakes against the Patriots.

What would be sweet is if McGee busted a yard burner on the opening kick off. Then on the Pats first possession they're forced to punt and Parrish rips one into the endzone as well.

The Bills up 14-0 before our offense even touches the ball would alleviate any stress JP might be having at that moment.

Of course all of that is highly unlikely, but I think our Special Teams might be the biggest weapon we have against the AFC East.

:bf1: