PDA

View Full Version : Kirwan's Top Restricted FA's.

PA Season Ticket Holder
02-24-2003, 02:30 PM
Feb. 24, 2003) -- I sat down with two pro personnel people in Indianapolis at the National Scouting Combine to discuss how the preparation for free agency is going and what are the last-minute projects they had on their plate. Since I was in pro personnel for a number of years, it's always intriguing to see what people in the profession are up to. You may wonder what the pro personnel people are doing at the college combine. Well, the agents are all here for their annual seminar and certification program and that means club executives can get an idea for potential veteran players they may get a chance to pursue.

Will a team like the Buffalo Bills put a contract offer together to pry Takeo Spikes out of Cincinnati where he sits as a transition tagged player? This is highly unlikely, but certainly a question circulating here at the Combine. Will the Bills trade franchise tagged WR Peerless Price? I seriously doubt the Bills will let him go unless it's a blockbuster deal and there are enough quality receivers in the draft and one of the possible teams interested in Price will go after Cardinals WR David Boston instead.

Will a team come after Green Bay's DT Cletidus Hunt now that he's been tagged? The Packers wonder if that's a possibility. Hunt will remain a Packer because no one will want to give up a first-round pick as compensation for him even though he's a very good player. Why? Because the draft is loaded with defensive tackle prospects
MORE (http://nfl.com/news/story/6209283)

Doc
02-24-2003, 03:36 PM
Hunt was transitioned, not franchised, meaning he wouldn't cost any picks to sign.