PDA

View Full Version : Union files grievance on behalf of receiver

G. Host
09-01-2006, 09:47 PM
The NFL Players Association filed a grievance Friday on behalf of holdout wide receiver Deion Branch after the New England Patriots did not trade him before the team-imposed deadline for him to seek a deal.

Richard Berthelsen, lawyer for the union, said the grievance alleges that the Patriots "reneged" on an agreement to trade their best receiver, who is entering the last season of a five-year contract he signed as a rookie.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AusNsuWX8DbnzvbelMUD9YZDubYF?slug=ap-patriots-branch&prov=ap&type=lgns

How about showing up in camp?
I think Union is ridiculous - a player should only be able to appeal when they are following the agreement they already made. He has not shown up in camp and hence until he lives up to the contract he signed with the Patriots.

I do enjoy the disruption of Patriots though but I think NFL and union need to ensure players honor contracts first.

BILLSROCK1212
09-01-2006, 10:04 PM
the Pats didnt follow an agreement made Branch found 2 suitors for a trade and the Pats cudnt follow up with negotiating with the other teams to make a deal

G. Host
09-01-2006, 10:09 PM
Branch did not participate in camp and that is what signing bonus is for - too guarentee contract. Branch was the one not honoring contract; he still will not doing a Galloway holding out until 10th week.

clumping platelets
09-01-2006, 10:13 PM
Union has no case in this regard

Philagape
09-01-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm getting pretty sick of him. He's turning into TO junior

ICE74129
09-02-2006, 08:37 AM
The NFL Players Association filed a grievance Friday on behalf of holdout wide receiver Deion Branch after the New England Patriots did not trade him before the team-imposed deadline for him to seek a deal.

Richard Berthelsen, lawyer for the union, said the grievance alleges that the Patriots "reneged" on an agreement to trade their best receiver, who is entering the last season of a five-year contract he signed as a rookie.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AusNsuWX8DbnzvbelMUD9YZDubYF?slug=ap-patriots-branch&prov=ap&type=lgns

How about showing up in camp?
I think Union is ridiculous - a player should only be able to appeal when they are following the agreement they already made. He has not shown up in camp and hence until he lives up to the contract he signed with the Patriots.

I do enjoy the disruption of Patriots though but I think NFL and union need to ensure players honor contracts first.

I agree the Union has no stance, but the 'show up in camp'....No. Sit the first 11 weeks, then show up 6 and you get a full year of free agency.

Sorry thats how the CBA Works. Now if the owners were a bit STRONGER and had fought the players union over such issues this last winter....

I said all along....let the bastards strike. When their money runs out and the owners are still fielding teams, I bet they come back to the table a lot more willing to adhear to some serious consessions. My personal hope is the owners don't rully agree on and or sign off on the CBA. Its still not a 100% done deal.