PDA

View Full Version : former bills cut by texans

CuseJetsFan83
09-02-2006, 02:41 AM
Houston Texans

Released RB Antowain Smith, QB Cody Pickett, QB Quinton Porter, LB Sam Cowart, G David Loverne, FB Nick Luchey, WR Jake Schifino, LB Courtney Watson, LB Kenneth Pettway, DE Earl Cochran, FS Kevin Curtis, DE Jeff Charleston, WR Richie Ross, FS John Walker, CB Tramon Williams, CB Mark Estelle, TE Aaron Halterman, G Chris Watton and DE Darrell Wright.

lets see if you can spot the former bills

BillsFever21
09-02-2006, 04:12 AM
Sam Cowart really has faded away. I hope that doesn't happen to Spikes after his injury like it did to Cowart.

CuseJetsFan83
09-02-2006, 04:24 AM
Sam Cowart really has faded away. I hope that doesn't happen to Spikes after his injury like it did to Cowart.

see with cowart he bit the bullet twice...... once with buffalo as he started to lose it, and then secondly with the jets, although having vilma on your tail didnt exactly help his cause....

i really hope some team picks him up, he may not be as valuable of a player as he may have been, but vets are always encouraged!

The_Philster
09-02-2006, 05:57 AM
Antowain had such promise when he came out of college. I'm still ticked off at Bishop Harris for helping ruin his career here :cynic:

Jan Reimers
09-02-2006, 07:01 AM
Antowain had such promise when he came out of college. I'm still ticked off at Bishop Harris for helping ruin his career here :cynic:
He was a good kid, too, as I remember.

Historian
09-02-2006, 07:12 AM
He's got to be getting a little long in the tooth though. As I remember, he was a 25 year old rookie.

patmoran2006
09-02-2006, 08:27 AM
1- I really fear that Spikes will go down this Cowart route cause of the injury, I really hope not, cause TKO is not only a special player, but he's a really cool person. I met him and talked to him SEVERAL times back when I was a fake sportswriter, in fact, I remember his press conference when he signed here, and I had the chance to meet his mother. I wrote a great fake sports story about that too.

2- THe Bills did no harm by giving him a shot ,but WTF happened to Courtney Watson? This guy was a good prospect not long ago.

3- Smith blows.

RedEyE
09-02-2006, 08:55 AM
I could see the Jets picking up Antowain Smith.

The_Philster
09-02-2006, 10:27 AM
He's got to be getting a little long in the tooth though. As I remember, he was a 25 year old rookie. yeah....took some time away from college to help his family...I remember meeting him his rookie year. Still can't believe so few people recognized him...and pat, he was actually pretty good til he got a bad coach he had him lowering his head. Thurman was essentially his coach his rookie season...and he had no problems there

ublinkwescore
09-02-2006, 11:22 AM

Who is Bishop Harris?

How did he help ruin his career in Buffalo?

ublinkwescore
09-02-2006, 11:24 AM
yeah....took some time away from college to help his family...I remember meeting him his rookie year. Still can't believe so few people recognized him...and pat, he was actually pretty good til he got a bad coach he had him lowering his head. Thurman was essentially his coach his rookie season...and he had no problems there

At least he got a superbowl win, and made a pretty penny in his time in the league.

The_Philster
09-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Who is Bishop Harris?

How did he help ruin his career in Buffalo?
Bishop Harris was the RB coach for the Bills in 98-99. Antowain is pretty tall for a RB, and to make a smaller target to tackle, Harris had him lowering his head downbefore getting to the hole. Problem is, lowering his head caused Antowain to have problems seeing holes closing up and others opening. I put it all on Bishop Harris because in Antowain's rookie season, he didn't have that problem....Thurman Thomas was basically his coach that year with Elijah Pitts out with cancer. In 2000, James Saxon was the RB coach...took most of the year, but he got Antowain away from lowering his head like he had been doing.

Forward_Lateral
09-02-2006, 11:50 AM
I'd take Smith as a backup RB over any of the goofs the Bills have on the roster right now.

ParanoidAndroid
09-02-2006, 12:08 PM
I'd take Smith as a backup RB over any of the goofs the Bills have on the roster right now.

I respectfully disagree. We are faster and better receiving at RB right now than we have been since Thurman and Davis (still no comparison......yet). Smith is 1 dimensional, getting older and slower. His day has passed.

TigerJ
09-02-2006, 12:11 PM
I think Watson lacked the discipline to stay in shape, kind of like Mike Williams.

goodkarma
09-02-2006, 01:34 PM

My fear also.

Kerr
09-02-2006, 03:51 PM
If I remember correctly, Smith was only a straight runner. At least he has a superbowl ring. He can't retire feeling like he didn't accomplish anything.

G. Host
09-02-2006, 04:34 PM
I met him and talked to him SEVERAL times back when I was a fake sportswriter, in fact, I remember his press conference when he signed here, and I had the chance to meet his mother..

Did you stop being fake or a sports writer?

G. Host
09-02-2006, 04:36 PM
If I remember correctly, Smith was only a straight runner. At least he has a superbowl ring. He can't retire feeling like he didn't accomplish anything.

Smith strength is busting through tackles and getting a head of steam and running not zig zagging like Thurman and the coaching staff at the time tried to transform him into a Thurman.