PDA

View Full Version : Ya know, we all b-tched when we grabbed Jauron

X-Era
09-02-2006, 09:17 AM
This guy has managed to squelch any controversy about JP being having a wide open competition. He managed to get the best out of JP and JP won the job outright, no question.

He managed to get us a bonafide wide open offense from one of the leagues best offensive teams.

He managed to bring in one of the best current defensive schemes.

He looks poised, confident, and upbeat in press conferences. He talks and walks like a champion. After years of watching Gregg and Mularkey, its a really refreshing site.

Most of all, he has managed to get this team to play like a team. We havent had any storys about controversy or anti this or that rhetoric. Its all pre-season so far. Lets see what a few galling losses will do. But still, Im really feeling good about Jauron these days.

Levy, Jauron, JP. It used to be a joke or punch line to some. Its becoming something to be proud of pretty quickly.

ryjam282
09-02-2006, 09:21 AM
I couldn't agree more, good post.

Meathead
09-02-2006, 09:37 AM
what we white man

ICE74129
09-02-2006, 09:40 AM
I'll hold off with kudos until we start WINNING. That is the true test of success the last time I checked

RedEyE
09-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Yeah, that's all fine and good, but winning is the one and only thing anyone will respect.

TigerJ
09-02-2006, 10:14 AM
If you go back and look you'll find I didn't complain about Jauron. I did say he would not have been my pick, but I always like to give a guy a chance before I complain.

Michael82
09-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Good post! I like everything I am seeing out of Jauron. :bf1:

The_Philster
09-02-2006, 10:37 AM
If you go back and look you'll find I didn't complain about Jauron. I did say he would not have been my pick, but I always like to give a guy a chance before I complain.
ditto...I preferred Sherman...but when he got so few interviews, I got to thinking there had to be something wrong with him...Jauron I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude with....and so far, I'm liking what I'm seeing

justasportsfan
09-02-2006, 10:43 AM
didn't know what to think. But I at least wanted to give Marv's decision the benefit of a doubt. If anyone deserves it, he does.

I'm still on the fence. I'm not sure if he can play chess with all the BB coaching branch in the AFCE on gamedays. Hopefully he does become a BB serial killer.

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2006, 10:52 AM
I'll hold off with kudos until we start WINNING. That is the true test of success the last time I checked

Then stop knocking him until we start LOSING. That is the true test of failure last time I checked.

Historian
09-02-2006, 11:02 AM
After years of watching Gregg and Mularkey, its a really refreshing site.

I just felt a tremor in the force.

:ill:

Typ0
09-02-2006, 11:25 AM
all I know is I didn't want to hear "he's got a leg" one more time out of MM.

Nighthawk
09-02-2006, 12:42 PM

I have to agree with ICE...we need to wait and see what happens when the real bullets starts flying. Everything looks positive, so far, but time will tell.

~CHIEF~
09-02-2006, 12:46 PM
**** Sherman, look where he is, the O-line coach for an o-line worse than ours!

Mr. Cynical
09-02-2006, 01:29 PM
This guy has managed to squelch any controversy about JP being having a wide open competition. He managed to get the best out of JP and JP won the job outright, no question.

He managed to get us a bonafide wide open offense from one of the leagues best offensive teams.

He looks poised, confident, and upbeat in press conferences. He talks and walks like a champion. After years of watching Gregg and Mularkey, its a really refreshing site.

Most of all, he has managed to get this team to play like a team. We havent had any storys about controversy or anti this or that rhetoric. Its all pre-season so far. Lets see what a few galling losses will do. But still, Im really feeling good about Jauron these days.

Levy, Jauron, JP. It used to be a joke or punch line to some. Its becoming something to be proud of pretty quickly.

I guess your sig is spot on. :snicker:

goodkarma
09-02-2006, 01:30 PM

Well, there really wasn't much talent to create a controversy, so I'm not about to give him a gold star for that one.

He managed to get an offensive coordinator who has a history of running a wide open offense, but you can't run a wide open offense without a solid offensive line, which I don't think we have. Time will tell, but I'm figuring most over/unders for Bills games will be less than 40.

Again, the cover 2 scheme has worked for other teams, but we've got lots of questions.....rookies starting and rotating out of the DT position, a DE spot so unsettled we're trying everyone, a LB coming off an injury that ends careers, and lots of youth in the secondary.

He looks poised, confident, and upbeat in press conferences. He talks and walks like a champion.

What do you expect from any head coach in the preseason??

I'll be proud when this team wins, no sooner.

Mr. Cynical
09-02-2006, 01:32 PM
:goodpost:

The_Philster
09-02-2006, 01:45 PM
I have to agree with ICE...we need to wait and see what happens when the real bullets starts flying. Everything looks positive, so far, but time will tell.
holding off giving kudos is one thing....but some people are convinced he'll fail...and that's pathetic, IMO :down:

SABURZFAN
09-02-2006, 02:24 PM
i like some things that the new regime has done.i hope we win a few games this year and carry over into next season on a positive note.

Meathead
09-02-2006, 02:33 PM
i really like the feel of dick

ublinkwescore
09-02-2006, 02:56 PM
:ill:

Kerr
09-02-2006, 03:33 PM
i really like the feel of dick

tmi.

Nighthawk
09-02-2006, 04:16 PM
holding off giving kudos is one thing....but some people are convinced he'll fail...and that's pathetic, IMO :down:

I don't know what he will do. I don't know if he will fail or if he will succeed, but I do know that I would like for him to show me something before I start heaping praise on him or start calling him the worst coach ever.

The_Philster
09-02-2006, 05:40 PM
I don't know what he will do. I don't know if he will fail or if he will succeed, but I do know that I would like for him to show me something before I start heaping praise on him or start calling him the worst coach ever.
Well so far, I haven't seen anyone heaping undue amounts of praise on him. He's been praised when he's done something right...no one's made him out to be the next Marv just yet...but there are those who've already written him off.

Nighthawk
09-02-2006, 06:17 PM
Well so far, I haven't seen anyone heaping undue amounts of praise on him. He's been praised when he's done something right...no one's made him out to be the next Marv just yet...but there are those who've already written him off.

Agreed...I'm just stating that I'm not one of them. I'll let it play out and see how it goes.

YardRat
09-02-2006, 06:35 PM
I going to give him a full 16 game season, and then evaluate at that point :D

FinFaninBuffalo
09-02-2006, 08:46 PM

If only they didn't have to play real games......

LifetimeBillsFan
09-03-2006, 02:28 AM
Jauron certainly wasn't my first choice to get the Bills HC job. But, when he was hired I decided that it was only fair to give him a chance to show me what he could do with the team. Which is what I have tried to do and am going to do.

Since I see the Bills as rebuilding after the team imploded last season, I do not expect Jauron to do a lot of winning this year. Rebuilding teams rarely win much their first season under a new coach, especially with a new offense and a new defensive system. So, I feel that it would be unfair of me to evaluate Jauron solely on winning or losing this season--after this season it will be a different story.

I want to see how Jauron handles various situations that arise during the course of this season to see what he does and how things turn out. Already he has done a number of things that I found surprising, including some that I really didn't agree with, but, so far, those things have at least shown some promise of success. But, even a lot of those moves have not yet been fully put to the test. And, there will be more to come.

So, I want to wait and see what Jauron does as the season progresses. I want to see how he and his staff handle game-planning, in-game adjustments, management of the game, the reaction to wins and losses, on-field and off-field situations that arise, personnel decisions over the course of the season, etc. before I come to any conclusions about whether he is or can be a good or a bad head coach. I don't have to like everything that he does, but I have to see what the results are. I think that is the only fair way to assess Jauron as the Bills' head coach.

It's a lot easier to coach a team that is winning or that has the talent to compete for a title, it is a lot harder to coach a team that is rebuilding and has a lot of players who do not know how to win. I don't think that you can evaluate the coach of a team that is in the first year of rebuilding by the same criteria that you would use to evaluate a team that is a favorite to win a division title or win a Super Bowl. So, my evaluation of Jauron at this point will necessarily take into consideration where the Bills were when he took over the team as well as where they are at the end of the season and everything in between. And, that may be a little different than the way that some others will evaluate his coaching ability.