PDA

View Full Version : O. Harris & O. Jacobs released by Pittsburgh

Nighthawk
09-02-2006, 12:47 PM
I would not mind seeing Buffalo sign both of these guys. Both were quality players in College and both were draft picks from this year. I really like Jacobs and Harris would be great depth on the DL.

BILLSROCK1212
09-02-2006, 12:50 PM
I liked Jacobs in college but in the preseason he just sucked! Orien Harris would be nice to bring in earlier in camp to see what he could do. Maybe we could give him a tryout but is he really any better than Ryan Neil or Eric Powell.......forget Jason Hall.

Nighthawk
09-02-2006, 12:52 PM
I liked Jacobs in college but in the preseason he just sucked! Orien Harris would be nice to bring in earlier in camp to see what he could do. Maybe we could give him a tryout but is he really any better than Ryan Neil or Eric Powell.......forget Jason Hall.

Harris has a ton of talent, more than any of the guys you just mentioned. However, it may be that his head just isn't in the right place. I'd take a flyer on him.

BillsFever21
09-02-2006, 03:43 PM
You don't expect 4th round draft picks to not make the team. This has to do with how deep Pittsburgh is execpt for the Jacobs case.

If Orien Harris had been drafted by someone like Buffalo he would've made the team. The Steelers are way deeper on the DL. He might have some game in him.

Nighthawk
09-02-2006, 04:14 PM
You don't expect 4th round draft picks to not make the team. This has to do with how deep Pittsburgh is execpt for the Jacobs case.

If Orien Harris had been drafted by someone like Buffalo he would've made the team. The Steelers are way deeper on the DL. He might have some game in him.

Exactly...that's my thinking also. Hey, we'll have to wait and see.

bflojohn
09-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Another factor with Orien Harris was the fact that the Steelers had him playing DE. I think that his college position, playing at DT in a 4 man front might help explain why he didn't make it in Pittsburgh. Just a thought! He is worth a look see in Buffalo, IMO.

ryjam282
09-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Orien Harris had a very good careet at the U. I think he would be a solid fit in our rotational type defense at DT. I think he honestly would be better then Tim Anderson has been so far.