PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like to see brought in?

The_Philster
09-02-2006, 07:47 PM
Forked from: The Cuts Are In (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1624670)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/transactions

Here's a link to ESPN's NFL transaction page. I know there are several threads devoted to "Don't bring up every player released as someone the Bills should sign," but I gotta think that with the lack of veterans on the OL and DL that the Bills are going to at least consider some of the players released.Even if it's just for a tryout to see if they could be better than what we have

My list

Vikes QB Mike McMahon
Titans RB Jarrett Payton (son of Sweetness)Just a couple of intriguing names is all..no one really thrills me from the list of cuts so far

BILLSROCK1212
09-02-2006, 07:56 PM
Mike McMahon? you mean the one who lost is job to a rookie the one who played for Philly Detroit and Minnesota? NO WAY! Jarret Payton isn't need the only RB I'd consider is Najeh Davenport

Albany,n.y.
09-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Can't we have a cutdown day without posts about other teams' rejects who someone wanted to draft a year or so ago.

Scumbag College
09-02-2006, 08:02 PM
I gotta think DE Carlos Hall released from KC or O. Harris from Pitt would be an upgrade from Eric Powell. Also, Shaud Williams is a poor man's Quentin Griffin, whom was also released from KC. He might be worth bringing in.

From Minnesota, Guard Liewinski would provide some good depth in the interior OL. Davenport was released from GB, but I don't know if he would bring anything to the table that A-Train doesn't bring. OT Petitti was dropped by Dallas, he started some last year and would be a good backup to Gandy and Peters since there are only rookies backing them up right now. Dan Klecko was released from the Pats, he fits the mold of a "quick DT" the cover 2 is looking for.

The bottom line is that the Bills aren't that great and can use some help depthwise on their roster. Any guy picked up won't be able to help too much and could only help probably in spot situations and/or special teams. I wouldn't expect anyone picked up (if in fact the Bills do pick someone up) to start in seven and a half days in NE.

The_Philster
09-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Can't we have a cutdown day without posts about other teams' rejects who someone wanted to draft a year or so ago.
It's called discussion...I guarantee you the Bills decision-makers are looking at the waiver wire...even if only to give a player a look or a tryout...no reason we can't do pretty much the same thing

The Quebecer
09-02-2006, 08:13 PM
What about DE, Michael Haynes? He might be worth a look...

ShadowHawk7
09-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Carlos Hall would be excellent.

ParanoidAndroid
09-02-2006, 08:27 PM
Rob Pettiti

YardRat
09-02-2006, 08:34 PM
I'd give Klecko another chance.

Dozerdog
09-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Tatonka's boy from the 2004 draft- DT Chad Lavalais got cut

Nighthawk
09-02-2006, 09:19 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Carlos Hall brought in...he fits this defense well. Pass rusher who can get around the corner. Very intriguing guy...hope Marv takes a look at him.

mysticsoto
09-02-2006, 10:11 PM

I'd definitely consider Michael Haynes. In the very least, he's probably better than Kelsay!

I don't know Carlos Hall too well, but I wouldn't mind him to compete for Anderson's position...

Did anyone notice that Ben Wilkerson was cut. And some people were so high on drafting him last year! I'm glad McNally didn't. I trust McNally to pick good players. Preston so far is serviceable - but it'd be nice if he stepped it up a notch. Butler and Merz will now get that opportunity also.

Ross Tucker was also "terminated" in Cleveland. His back injury must be pretty serious...

Rob Petiti could be an outstanding pick up to bring in!!! He's got a whole year starting experience ahead of Butler and has good size.

Dan Klecko could be worth a look. But if the Patriots got rid of him, there might be something wrong...they don't make dumb moves.

Toniu Fonoti - OG - released by TB. Don't know if he's worth looking at as backup.

The Fins would do well to pick up Fred Jackson, Lionel Gates or other decent backups available like: Moe Williams, Najeh Navenport, or Artose Pinner.

And I bet the Texans are going to get alot of flak from fans for not drafting Reggie after Davis was put on IR...

All in all, there's not much out there worth anything. For us, I'd say Michael Haynes (DE) and Rob Petiti (OT) might be two we should take a look at though...

ParanoidAndroid
09-02-2006, 10:18 PM
Davenport would be a good fit in Miami.

clumping platelets
09-02-2006, 10:34 PM
Veteran OL help..........Carlos hall would be an upgrade over Powell. He's not subject to waivers though.

Kerr
09-02-2006, 10:41 PM
I can definitely see haynes getting a look, but I remember when he was with the titans, carlos hall, was a pass rushing machine coming off the bench.

clumping platelets
09-02-2006, 11:21 PM
OT Mike Pearson was released by the Fins.......he's gotta be better than Pennington

billsburgh
09-02-2006, 11:22 PM
he would be my choice. he's got to be better than whoever we kept as the fourth DE. he's a former first round pick. I saw him play alot at Penn State and he had some talent.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-03-2006, 12:25 AM
Before I logged in here I looked up the transactions on NFL.com and made a list of players that I thought that the Bills might want to look into. Obviously, I doubt that they would not be interested in all of them--especially given that they seem to be making a committment to the young offensive linemen that they drafted--but these are the guys that I thought they might want to explore--some have already been named in this thread:

Chad Lavalais DT Atlanta--played in the same system as Williams at LSU
Michael Haynes DT Chicago--played in a similar system with Bears
Ben Wilkerson C Cincinnatti--Could he bring more than Merz?
Rob Pettiti OT Dallas--young vet who could offer depth
Dwayne Carswell OL Denver--some experienced depth
Carlos Hall DE Kansas City--young vet who can rush the passer as # 4 DE
Danny Clark LB Oakland--would offer depth at MLB over DiGiorgio
Orien Harris DE Pittsburgh--a young guy who might bring more than Powell
Anthony Bryant DT Tampa Bay--a 5th DT who played in a similar system w/Bucs

I think the Bills are pretty much set at the skill positions and defensive backfield, so I doubt they would be looking to add anyone there, so I really looked for young guys who I thought fit their system and might be able to add depth on their lines. With Pennington, Merz and Butler all making the 53 man roster, it appears that the Bills are looking to make a commitment to developing their rookie offensive linemen, so I don't know if they would be interested in Petitti or Wilkerson, but they were highly thought of in their draft classes and might be possibilities.

Obviously, the Bills should look to add talent wherever they can get it--especially to their lines. Still, given the way that Jauron ran his OTAs and training camp, I wonder if the Bills will be open to adding any new players at this late date.

billsburgh
09-03-2006, 02:37 AM
he would be my choice. he's got to be better than whoever we kept as the fourth DE. he's a former first round pick. I saw him play alot at Penn State and he had some talent.
Maybe he's not such a good fit for the new defensive scheme. found this on kffl.
Bears | Haynes not happy being released
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 19:57:18 -0700

John Mullin, of the Chicago Tribune, reports former Chicago Bears DL Michael Haynes was not happy that he was released by the team Saturday, Sept. 2. "Lovie (head coach Smith) says I can't play in the system, but yet they won't trade me," Haynes said of the Bears' coach. "Think about that. Most teams, if you don't fit, trade you. Go figure. I've done everything they wanted me to do. They play me; they don't play me. They say in the off-season, go look for a trade, and then they're not going to trade me." Haynes was inactive for five games plus the playoffs last season when he was not playing in the defensive-line rotation or on special teams.

Jan Reimers
09-03-2006, 07:53 AM
Forked from: The Cuts Are In (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1624670)

Even if it's just for a tryout to see if they could be better than what we have

My list

Vikes QB Mike McMahon
Titans RB Jarrett Payton (son of Sweetness)Just a couple of intriguing names is all..no one really thrills me from the list of cuts so far
I thought of McMahon right away. I've always liked him, and he's surely as good or better than Holcomb.

I would also be interested in one of the DEs - Haynes, Harris, or Hall.

The_Philster
09-03-2006, 08:09 AM
I thought of McMahon right away. I've always liked him, and he's surely as good or better than Holcomb.My thoughts exactly :hi5:

Mr. Cynical
09-03-2006, 06:34 PM
any hc's on the wire?

justasportsfan
09-03-2006, 06:44 PM
OT Mike Pearson was released by the Fins.......he's gotta be better than Pennington
If the guy was worth spit, he would've beaten out Bennie even if he had to switch positions..

No miami scrubs please. I'll take a few of their starters but not their back ups especially OL. Find a team like KC or Denver who's had great OL.s but not miami who's OL this year is as questionable as ours.