LB:
Spencer Havner
Terna Nande
Mike Goolsby

CB:
Eric Warfield

A few really stand out to me. Who would you rather have:

Josh Reed- possession type that hasnt gotten better OR ANY of the WR I listed

DiGiorgio as our backup ILB (undrafted) OR a proven big play ILB like Spencer Havner

Tim Anderson OR Orien Harris

Shaud Williams OR Quentin Griffin

Eric Powell OR Michael Haynes

Albany,n.y.
09-03-2006, 08:56 AM
Looks like the makings of a great Arenaball roster. Bring back the Destroyers!

X-Era
09-03-2006, 08:59 AM
Looks like the makings of a great Arenaball roster. Bring back the Destroyers!

Its a list of cuts from teams. Guys worthy of giving a shot too.

Is any of them better than anything weve got, maybe in some cases.

But yes, were not going to find day one starters here, its backups which = depth.

Maybe some of these guys just needs a change in scenery and they can live up to hype. Mike Haynes was drafted by Jauron, why wouldnt he bring him in?

clumping platelets
09-03-2006, 09:13 AM
I would add OT Mike Pearson

LtFinFan66
09-03-2006, 09:21 AM
I would add OT Mike PearsonWHAT!!!! We cut him and our line is terrible isn't it. Why would you want him?? :rofl:

clumping platelets
09-03-2006, 09:41 AM
He's gotta be better than Terrence Pennington :idunno:

ParanoidAndroid
09-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Are you sure about that? We got rid of a versatile backup in Greg Jerman (great? no, but decent for a backup) to make room for Pennington. The guy has a ton of upside and I think he deserves a season and another offseason to develop.
What about Rob Pettiti? I think we could use him for depth although we are actually thinner at guard than tackle.

clumping platelets
09-03-2006, 10:04 AM
We need veteran depth on the OL

ParanoidAndroid
09-03-2006, 10:24 AM
I see your point. The thing is, we did have veteran depth, but they sucked too. Maybe we have changed our approach and have decided to develop some young athletes during our rebuilding period.

Bill Brasky
09-03-2006, 10:53 AM
WR:
Pete Warrick
Charles Rogers
Darius Watts

RB:
Quentin Griffin

FB:
Fred Beasley

OL:
Ben Wilkerson

DL:
Orien Harris

CB:
Eric Warfield

all guys who can contribute, just need a change of scenery, IMO.

ShadowHawk7
09-03-2006, 11:14 AM
Bills list of people they want to try out:
QB:
RB:
WR:
OL:
TE:
DL:
LB:
CB:
SS:
FS:

Unfortunately, this is the only list that matters.

goodkarma
09-03-2006, 11:30 AM
I'd bring in every OL possible.

clumping platelets
09-03-2006, 11:57 AM
It's unimaginable that no players released could improve our depth......my list:

RB Artose Pinner
RB Lee Suggs
WR Charles Rogers
WR Tyrone Calico
TE Zach Hilton
OT Mike Pearson
OL Chris Liwienski
OT Rob Petitti
OT Jeremy Bridges
DL Michael Haynes
DL Atiyyah Ellison
DT Chad Lavalais
DL Kenny Peterson
DE Carlos Hall
DL Orien Harris
S Willie Pile
S Hanik Milligan
DB Curtis DeLoatch

SABURZFAN
09-03-2006, 12:11 PM
petitti-OL
pearson-OL
wattsWR
calico-WR
haynes-DL

Tatonka
09-03-2006, 01:42 PM
i cant believe some of the names that got cut..

haynes.. they felt like they were ready to give up on him THAT FAST??

calico? he has been very good in the past, maybe injuries?

pearson? wasnt he the LT that was a 1st rounder by the jags?

chad lavalais.. i loved this guy in college.. i would love to see us bring him in for a look.

watts.. he was competing for a starting spot prior to walker getting there.. i cant image how he fell off so bad to get cut.. he was a the buzz of broncos camp just last year.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-03-2006, 07:39 PM
He's gotta be better than Terrence Pennington :idunno:

Does he have 38" arms?

Pennington is raw, his footwork needs work, and overall he still has a lot to learn, but what everyone screaming about this guy making the roster seems to forget is that Pennington has a physical quality that you just don't find everyday, even in NFL caliber linemen, that give him the potential to be a very good NFL LT. If he can be taught better footwork and techniques, Pennington's unusually long arms give him the ability to get his hands on a DE before the DE can get his hands on him, which will allow him to control the contact and change the angle that the DE can take to the QB or RB. Technique and footwork can be taught and learned, 38" arms, like a 4.3 40-time, can't.

Pennington is a lot like Peters: a guy with unusual physical talents who needs to develop. He must be making some progress or the Bills would not think that he could learn what he needs to learn and would have cut him. They didn't cut him or put him on the PS because they probably felt that he would have been signed to some other team's PS squad and they did not want to lose him.

Obviously the Bills are building for the future and not just this season. Pennington is a project that will take time to develop, but has a big upside. In the meantime, Peters is the real backup to Gandy and Butler is the first OT off the bench at RT. The Bills are taking the risk that they can get through the first half of the season without needing to call on their rookies to play extensive minutes while they develop in the hope that, by the second half of the season, they will have developed into better players than any of the vets that they had. It's a big gamble: high risk, high reward. But, after seeing G.Jerman get eaten alive by second- and third-stringers the last couple of weeks, I can't really disagree with it. How much worse can Butler play than Jerman did? When both were in the game at the same time, it was Jerman, the vet, who was getting beat like a drum, not Butler.

And, for the Bills to risk losing Pennington, any waiver wire pickup that they might look at would have to show that he could be better than Butler not just now, but down the road, for them to risk losing either Pennington or Butler.

~CHIEF~
09-03-2006, 07:53 PM
They all suck!

Bert102176
09-03-2006, 09:39 PM
WR Charles Rogers is the 1 guy I think has something to prove now, cause he thought their was no way they would cut him

mysticsoto
09-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Does he have 38" arms?

Pennington is raw, his footwork needs work, and overall he still has a lot to learn, but what everyone screaming about this guy making the roster seems to forget is that Pennington has a physical quality that you just don't find everyday, even in NFL caliber linemen, that give him the potential to be a very good NFL LT. If he can be taught better footwork and techniques, Pennington's unusually long arms give him the ability to get his hands on a DE before the DE can get his hands on him, which will allow him to control the contact and change the angle that the DE can take to the QB or RB. Technique and footwork can be taught and learned, 38" arms, like a 4.3 40-time, can't.

Pennington is a lot like Peters: a guy with unusual physical talents who needs to develop. He must be making some progress or the Bills would not think that he could learn what he needs to learn and would have cut him. They didn't cut him or put him on the PS because they probably felt that he would have been signed to some other team's PS squad and they did not want to lose him.

Obviously the Bills are building for the future and not just this season. Pennington is a project that will take time to develop, but has a big upside. In the meantime, Peters is the real backup to Gandy and Butler is the first OT off the bench at RT. The Bills are taking the risk that they can get through the first half of the season without needing to call on their rookies to play extensive minutes while they develop in the hope that, by the second half of the season, they will have developed into better players than any of the vets that they had. It's a big gamble: high risk, high reward. But, after seeing G.Jerman get eaten alive by second- and third-stringers the last couple of weeks, I can't really disagree with it. How much worse can Butler play than Jerman did? When both were in the game at the same time, it was Jerman, the vet, who was getting beat like a drum, not Butler.

And, for the Bills to risk losing Pennington, any waiver wire pickup that they might look at would have to show that he could be better than Butler not just now, but down the road, for them to risk losing either Pennington or Butler.

Agreed. It is clear that the Bills are banking in getting experience to those that they feel are worth it and can improve. In that respect, they are thinking of the future - something Mularkey didn't do last year when it was clear we wouldn't make the playoffs. I like this type of thinking. What can be done this year is limited, but how much better will Pennington, Butler and Merz be next year b'cse they got experience this year - in a year that we know in all likelihood we are not going to the playoffs. This is a very smart move by Marv and Jauron. Get them experience and build them up to be of better caliber next year. Then, in the offseason, finish filling the holes we have with available free agents to compete, draft new prospects based on best available player and voila...we should become VERY competitive next year.