PDA

View Full Version : Wilson, 5 Others On Practice Squad

Night Train
09-03-2006, 02:39 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4093

Was hoping they'd keep Wilson around, in case Reed or Aiken start dropping balls again.

SABURZFAN
09-03-2006, 02:43 PM
i like that they put bassey on the practice squad.

Night Train
09-03-2006, 03:19 PM
i like that they put bassey on the practice squad.

Agreed.

I also like some things I saw from Fred Jackson. He looked good over in Europe and showed some positives in camp. Sets up his blocks well and finds yardage.

Always good to gamble on young guys with upside. :up:

So after all those WR worries, the only guy gone is Fast Freddie. Someone should sign him. He's a good football player and deserves an NFL paycheck.

Scumbag College
09-03-2006, 04:16 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4093

Was hoping they'd keep Wilson around, in case Reed or Aiken start dropping balls again.

When Aiken starts dropping balls again? Since when did Aiken STOP dropping balls?

Jan Reimers
09-03-2006, 04:17 PM
I like it. Cieslak and Wilson were very close to roster spots, and Bassey and Neill have a lot of promise. I wouldn't mind Goldsberry - because we have no true backup FB - and Hunter getting the other two spots.

YardRat
09-03-2006, 05:01 PM
I hope the other two are lineman.

mysticsoto
09-03-2006, 09:59 PM
Well, we lost Nance, but atleast we got Wilson back. Cieslak is a good choice too. And Eric Bassey has tremendous physical potential. All the choices are good moves here.

The best part is, these guys know what they need to work on to make the team. Cieslak must improve his blocking - he's got 1 year to do it. Wilson must improve on his ST play. Both these two make it easily on the team next year if they do that one thing that they need. Neufeld is on the team b'cse he blocks better. His catching ability is atrocious though and Cieslak can easily beat him there if he bulks up a bit and works on the blocking. Wilson is a much better receiver than Aiken or Reed. But if he can develop ST skills, he bumps Reed out easily!!!

Jefferson and Neill I don't know too much, but if Neill has shown good instincts and he also has the ability to long snap - it would save them a roster spot to be able to get rid of Schneck - and I'd be all for that. I've always hated having to use a whole roster spot for that one position. We would gain a great deal to be able to have an extra roster spot!!!

I'm interested in seeing who they choose to fill the remaining spots...

ShadowHawk7
09-04-2006, 12:09 AM
I think the other two spots should go to J Thomas for our OL, and either Hunter or Ezikiel at LB.

Billsrock4life
09-04-2006, 06:24 AM
thats good that we got wilson back everything I've read about him the whole preaseason was good and the fact that he rarely drops passes is good 2 know as well

Jan Reimers
09-04-2006, 07:01 AM
Memo to Marv, who negged my post: A good blocking FB is crucial to a strong running game. A guy like Shelton is even more important when you don't have a great run blocking O-Line, which is certainly the case with the Bills.

Maybe in your fantasy league or Madden, FBs aren't important. In the real game, they can make a big difference.

Next time you want to blast me, Marv, at least have the courage to do it openly.

Night Train
09-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Memo to Marv, who negged my post: A good blocking FB is crucial to a strong running game. A guy like Shelton is even more important when you don't have a great run blocking O-Line, which is certainly the case with the Bills.

Maybe in your fantasy league or Madden, FBs aren't important. In the real game, they can make a big difference.

Next time you want to blast me, Marv, at least have the courage to do it openly.

I got the same neg, Jan. Get a load of this gem.

loser.. ""In case they start dropping balls?" for **** sakes your a ******.

I'm a ****** who can spell " You're " :rofl:

Jan Reimers
09-04-2006, 09:25 AM
I think Marv might be about 12 years old, so I'm simply going to ignore his lack of civility. As the real Marv says, "You can disagree without being disagreeable."