X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

Big Ben under knife

According to espn news had his appendex removed, no word how it will affect his season. working on link

• mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Big Ben under knife

He's young and fit, he'll be fine. A friend mine left the hospital the next day to make it to our mutual friend's funeral. He wasn't in as good of shape as Ben, and he had no problems. It's a pretty minor procedure these days.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Turf
      • Jul 2002

Wow.
      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
        He's young and fit, he'll be fine. A friend mine left the hospital the next day to make it to our mutual friend's funeral. He wasn't in as good of shape as Ben, and he had no problems. It's a pretty minor procedure these days.

I don't think going to a funeral is comparable to playing in an NFL game though. He may be out for a few weeks.

Comment

• camelcowboy
          • Mar 2005

Say's he'll miss thursdays opener

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
            I don't think going to a funeral is comparable to playing in an NFL game though. He may be out for a few weeks.
            I hope not I detest the Squealers...but this week they've got the Fish
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
              Say's he'll miss thursdays opener
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

No Typ0, I just meant he didn't even have trouble walking the next day. I've had 3 surguries to the mid, and it took much longer to walk after. These days it's not as invasive. I'd say he misses a week, two at the most.
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• camelcowboy
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
                  Hines wards questionable as well

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                    • Jul 2002

The Phins get lucky...just like the end of last year. Now we'll hear how great they are when they go in and probably beat the Steelers with the great Charlie Batch at the helm. Uggh...

Comment

• camelcowboy
                      • Mar 2005

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2572171 here is the link

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Charlie Ward as the QB ? Good grief.

The fins WR Chambers is fighting a bad thumb.

Could be a RB battle between Willie Parker and Ronnie Brown.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                          • Mar 2004

Hmmmm, maybe the Steelers defensive line could go in for support and have their appendixes removed as well, um even if some have already had them removed all ready. It's all about doing things as a team, right?

Comment

• Samphin1
                            • Mar 2004

Chambers has been fighting a bad thumb since last year. He finishe dof flast year fairly well don't you think?

As for Ben. That sucks. I have been there and it is not fun. It is probably the worst pain I have ever felt and that is coming from a guy who shredded his knee less than a year ago while running a marathon, snaped my thumb in half wrestling, tore the ligaments apart in my right ankle and had a nail pop directly from the bottom, right through the top of my foot.

My appendix rupturing tumpred all of that. From what I read, his didn't burst, but I can tell you from experience that the pain preceeding the actual burst is no picnic either.

I left the hospital less than 24 hours after my surgery, but was unable to really walk right and resume normal activities (wrestling where said thumb was snapped) for about a week to two weeks.

All the best to Ben and his recovery. His scar is probably not as cool as mine though...

Comment

• feelthepain
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

I think it will suck not playing the Steelers at their best. I hope Big Ben recovers quickly and we meet again in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X