PDA

View Full Version : Season Predictions with Objectivity

ParanoidAndroid
09-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Wk 1 @ NE - loss The Patriots are still talented and well prepared with a master at QB and a fast defense.

Wk 2 @ Mia. - loss Miami is farther along in their redevelopment and it will show. Their weapons on offense will be a bit more than Buffalo's young defense can handle.

Wk 3 vs. NYJ - win The Jets are not in good shape offensively and Buffalo's agressive front 4 might spell Pennington's next season ending injury. Buffalo will open at home with energy after 2 tough losses on the road. The Jets are not going to like this one.

Wk 4 vs. Minn. - win Another suspect offense comes into Buffalo and can't keep pace with Buffalo's rushing offense. Buffalo wins a close one thanks to the re-emergence of Ryan Lindell.

Wk 5 @ Chicago - loss The Bears win another close one with the help of a stifiling defense. Losman and company will find it tough going anywhere but Buffalo's special teams win the field position war to keep it close. Thomas Jones will have a big day.

Wk 6 @ Detroit - win Detroit's defense doesn't scare the Bills and Buffalo's backfield keeps Roy Williams underneath all day, punishing him after every catch. This is a breakout day for Losman and the Bills offense and the fans in Detroit start pulling out the paper bags again.

Wk. 7 vs. NE - loss Buffalo is on the rise, but it's just too soon against a team of NE's caliber. They play a surprisingly close game and people are now recognizing Buffalo as an up and comer, albeit a bit early.

Wk 8 Bye

Wk 9 vs GB - win Green Bay is now bad on both sides of the Ball and even the great Favre can't get his team together. Buffalo comes in rested and not mathematically out of the playoff picture. The new "Billieve" campaign is official and no one will care that it was begun against perhaps the worst team in the league.

Wk 10 @ IND - loss Can you say "brought down to Earth with a thud?" Indy is poised for a Superbowl bid. While Buffalo plays fairly well, they are no match for the leader of everyones mid-season power poll. Edgerrin who?

Wk 11 @ HOU - win The Texans are no push over anymore and Eric Moulds nearly gets the better of the bitter reunion. Buffalo wins in a show of endurance and looks much faster in the 4th quarter than Houston. Rian Lindell saves another one.

Wk 12 vs JAX - loss Jacksonville is a serious team on a playoff track. Buffalo is an obstacle at home, but in the end can't stop a well oiled machine.

Wk 13 vs SD - loss For the second game in a row, Buffalo finds themselves at home against a playoff hopeful. Dan Diego just has too much offense and Buffalo's O-line can't stop the blitzkrieg of the SD front 7. the Chargers control this one from start to finish.

Wk 14 @ NYJ - win The Jets are reeling and they have no answers. You would think that they could catch the Bills in a downer after 2 straight home losses, but Buffalo will have none of it. Buffalo is better than their 2 last games and New York helps it show.

Wk 15 vs MIA - win The 3rd playoff team in a row at home but the Bills find the answer to protecting their house. Miami's defense is banged up and aging fast. A couple of big pass plays over the top put Buffalo ahead after a long field position battle. Miami controls the clock but can't seem to get into the endzone. Culpepper wishes he was in a dome after two key interceptions deep in Buffalo territory

Wk 16 vs TEN - win This is the one. It's the game that Buffalo fans have been waiting to see out of JP Losman and willis McGahee. It's a blowout and the Ghosts of Music City drift home for good. Three straight and people start thinking playoffs in '07. Merry Christmas, Buffalo!

Wk 17 @ BAL - loss While Baltimore is now out of the playoffs after a loss at Pittsburgh, they aren't a bad team by any means. Ray Lewis starts talking like this is his last and his team wants to send him off with a win. A guy like Ray Lewis doesn't go out on a sour note.

Record: 8-8

patmoran2006
09-03-2006, 08:51 PM
While I think your underestimating the fact that Buffalo isnt talented enough to win 8 games this year (I say half of that)..

That was an excellent game-by-game evaluation, and you make extremely intelligent cases for each week. Good job, these threads are what a good message board is supposed to be about.

The_Philster
09-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Can't really find fault with those...I think we'll squeak one out that we're expected to lose, though

ParanoidAndroid
09-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Can't really find fault with those...I think we'll squeak one out that we're expected to lose, though

I think that would be the Miami game at home. One that we might pull off is aginst San Diego, but it's hard to say how.

The_Philster
09-03-2006, 08:56 PM
I think we can pull off San Diego...they've basically got a rookie QB. They've got talent enough to overcome that to an extent, but they aren't as stocked as Pittsburgh was when they started Big Ben as a rookie

BuffaloBillsStampede
09-03-2006, 08:57 PM
I like what you have there, but I also say we could beat San Diego and we could see JP take advantage of their weak secondary all day if he has the time. If Whitner is at least decent by this time hopefully he can contain Gates some and keep us in the game. I think Lindell may win a couple for us this year also. We really need to hope for some INT's out of McGee and Clements because otherwise I could see some long days on that schedule.

feelthepain
09-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Great post, I also could see them winning less, however I wouldn't be surprised if they won more, I don't expect it, but I wouldn't be surprised. I think it's too hard to tell what you have right now to predict your finish. Who knows how your D will respond, who knows how JP will play, who knows how long both sides of the ball will take to pick up the new schemes, who knows how long it will get Juron to get the guys to buy into what he's selling. A lot of question marks, go in thinking the worst and hope for the best.

ParanoidAndroid
09-03-2006, 08:58 PM
While I think your underestimating the fact that Buffalo isnt talented enough to win 8 games this year (I say half of that)..

That was an excellent game-by-game evaluation, and you make extremely intelligent cases for each week. Good job, these threads are what a good message board is supposed to be about.

They shouldn't be (talented enough), but fortunately, they play some teams that are looking at a similar prospect. The difference is that we finally have improvement on the O - line and big play ability. Detroit is a team that could rain on that parade, but I don't see them as a very cohesive team.

YardRat
09-03-2006, 09:05 PM
Nice analysis, andyxcz...I'd take that this year.

HHURRICANE
09-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Call me crazy but I don't think NE sweeps us this year.

The_Philster
09-03-2006, 09:16 PM
you're crazy :D But you could be right

patmoran2006
09-03-2006, 09:24 PM
NE is a very "iffy" team this year.

This could be the year they finally fall on their face.. LOTS of key players gone.... IF they didnt have Tom Brady, they probably would be a 4-5 win team right now.

ParanoidAndroid
09-04-2006, 09:03 AM
NE is a very "iffy" team this year.

This could be the year they finally fall on their face.. LOTS of key players gone.... IF they didnt have Tom Brady, they probably would be a 4-5 win team right now.

I disagree. NE has done a good job of filling holes verywhere except at WR. Their TE's have been playing well though. Their offensive line is still good, better than most in the NFL. Their defense is aging but still smart and fast. I expect a dropoff, but not enough to relinquish the division.

Mitchy moo
09-04-2006, 09:23 AM
NE is as done as fried chicken, time to pay the Bills.

Ickybaluky
09-04-2006, 09:30 AM
I disagree. NE has done a good job of filling holes verywhere except at WR. Their TE's have been playing well though. Their offensive line is still good, better than most in the NFL. Their defense is aging but still smart and fast. I expect a dropoff, but not enough to relinquish the division.

I think the two questions on the Pats are WR and ILB. However, people should recognize areas they have improved. They have strong OL and DL. They are better at RB, TE and in the secondary (they may lack a #1 CB, but they have great depth there).

The strength of the Patriots team remains the same: Brady and the OL and DL. Brady is a premier QB, and he looks even better this year in preseason (he looks like a man possessed after the playoff loss last year). Their DL is young (the oldest player on their DL is Richard Seymour at 26) and talented. Their OL is very deep and probably the best they have had in the Belichick era (their oldest OL is Matt Light at 29).

It should be an interesting year.

Mitchy moo
09-04-2006, 09:34 AM
I think the two questions on the Pats are WR and ILB. However, people should recognize areas they have improved. They have strong OL and DL. They are better at RB, TE and in the secondary (they may lack a #1 CB, but they have great depth there).

The strength of the Patriots team remains the same: Brady and the OL and DL. Brady is a premier QB, and he looks even better this year in preseason (he looks like a man possessed after the playoff loss last year). Their DL is young (the oldest player on their DL is Richard Seymour at 26) and talented. Their OL is very deep and probably the best they have had in the Belichick era (their oldest OL is Matt Light at 29).

It should be an interesting year.

I think Brady is ripe for punishment, TKO will see to it.

ParanoidAndroid
09-04-2006, 10:00 AM
I think Brady is ripe for punishment, TKO will see to it.

Isn't this something you should save for the smack zone? NE39 is a good poster and always adds to the discussion. Take notes, Skoob.

goodkarma
09-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Good analysis, I think you've packed 1 or 2 wins too many, but it's possible.

!Papacrunk!
09-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Isn't this something you should save for the smack zone? NE39 is a good poster and always adds to the discussion. Take notes, Skoob.I concur

ublinkwescore
09-04-2006, 11:01 AM
I think that would be the Miami game at home. One that we might pull off is aginst San Diego, but it's hard to say how.

I hope the one that we pull off that we aren't supposed to is the Chicago Bears game. A buddy of mine is a bears fan, I want to see his face throughout the game, when my lowly bills are making a mockery of his "NFC Juggernaut".

OpIv37
09-04-2006, 11:07 AM

I'd agree with you if we weren't screwed by the schedule. We play AT NE first game of the year while trying to learn new systems on both sides of the ball.

Then the home game is right after NE's bye- giving Belicheck seven weeks of game tape and two weeks to prepare. He'll beat anyone in the league under those circumstances.

Mitchy moo
09-04-2006, 11:35 AM
I'd agree with you if we weren't screwed by the schedule. We play AT NE first game of the year while trying to learn new systems on both sides of the ball.

Then the home game is right after NE's bye- giving Belicheck seven weeks of game tape and two weeks to prepare. He'll beat anyone in the league under those circumstances.

I think NE will have rust to shake, it's the first real game and no starter's have gone 4 full quarters yet. The first week of the season anything can happen and there will be suprises.

OpIv37
09-04-2006, 01:51 PM
I think NE will have rust to shake, it's the first real game and no starter's have gone 4 full quarters yet. The first week of the season anything can happen and there will be suprises.

In the first week of the season, NO ONE's starters have gone 4 full quarters. Every team is at an equal disadvantage in that regard.

And our players don't have any rust to shake off because they're still looking for parts and supplies and mechanics to put them together- I'll take the rusty machine over the one that hasn't been built yet.

Bill Brasky
09-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Wk 3 vs. NYJ - win The Jets are not in good shape offensively and Buffalo's agressive front 4 might spell Pennington's next season ending injury.

Wk 6 @ Detroit - win the fans in Detroit start pulling out the paper bags again.

Wk 9 vs GB - win Green Bay is now bad on both sides of the Ball and even the great Favre can't get his team together. The new "Billieve" campaign is official and no one will care that it was begun against perhaps the worst team in the league.

Wk 10 @ IND - loss Can you say "brought down to Earth with a thud?"

Wk 13 vs SD - loss Dan Diego just has too much offense and Buffalo's O-line can't stop the blitzkrieg of the SD front 7

Wk 14 @ NYJ - win The Jets are reeling and they have no answers.

Wk 15 vs MIA - win Miami's defense is banged up and aging fast. Culpepper wishes he was in a dome after two key interceptions deep in Buffalo territory

Wk 17 @ BAL - loss A guy like Ray Lewis doesn't go out on a sour note.

:rofl: x 3

Mitchy moo
10-08-2006, 10:29 AM
Wk 1 @ NE - loss The Patriots are still talented and well prepared with a master at QB and a fast defense.

Wk 2 @ Mia. - loss Miami is farther along in their redevelopment and it will show. Their weapons on offense will be a bit more than Buffalo's young defense can handle.

Wk 3 vs. NYJ - win The Jets are not in good shape offensively and Buffalo's agressive front 4 might spell Pennington's next season ending injury. Buffalo will open at home with energy after 2 tough losses on the road. The Jets are not going to like this one.

Wk 4 vs. Minn. - win Another suspect offense comes into Buffalo and can't keep pace with Buffalo's rushing offense. Buffalo wins a close one thanks to the re-emergence of Ryan Lindell.

Well, you we're wrong 3 out of 4 times here. Let's hope your wrong again this week.