PDA

View Full Version : I found them

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-04-2006, 02:51 AM
:AND THIS SERIES IS GOING BACK TO WHERE JIMMY HOFFA IS! BACK TO THE MEADOWLANDS IN NEW JERSEY!"
After Dave Hannan's goal in the fourth overtime of Game 6 of the 1994 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals (the longest game in Sabres history) against the New Jersey Devils. This sent the series to a Game 7.

"LA LA LA LA LA LA LAFONTAINE!"
...after each goal scored by Hall of Fame center and past Sabre captain Pat LaFontaine in the early to mid 90s.

"MAY DAY! MAY DAY! MAY DAY! MAY DAY! MAY DAY!"
...after winger Brad May's spectacular series-clinching overtime goal at Memorial Auditorium, or the Aud, against Boston's Andy Moog in game four of the first round of the playoffs in the 1992-93 season. Of the call, Jeanneret would later say, "It just happened and I came out with the remark. All I can say is it was spontaneous. The words just came up. People ask, 'Did you plan to use that call?' How could I do that? That man (May) hadn't scored a goal in 29 or 30 games. If I were going to plan ahead, I'd start with No. 16 (Pat LaFontaine), No. 89 (Alexander Mogilny) or No. 10 (Dale Hawerchuk)." Despite his insistence that the call was spontaneous, Jeanneret had used "May Day!" at least once before, when May scored an overtime goal to beat the Blues at the Aud in January 1993.

"TOP SHELF WHERE MAMA HIDES THE COOKIES!"
...after a goal is scored into the top part of the net. (Jeanneret has admitted he heard this catchphrase years ago but could not remember who the announcer was.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Jeanneret#Memorable_calls

Myers57
09-04-2006, 01:01 PM
yea look up jeanneret on youtube and it even has interviews with him

SABURZFAN
09-04-2006, 01:34 PM
i loved it as a kid when john van boxmeer scored.Jeanneret would just yell out his name like he did Wow-ie Hous-ley.