PDA

View Full Version : Willis says he's ready to ramble

Mitchy moo
09-04-2006, 07:59 AM
Willis McGahee was intent on putting last season where it belonged, which was as far from One Bills Drive as possible. He figured there was no reason Sunday to revisit a miserable year in which the Buffalo Bills finished 5-11. Instead, he emphasized how this is a new era, complete with a new coach and a new offense. Quarterback J.P. Losman has newfound confidence after struggling last season. The Bills have 20 new players on the roster from a year ago. They have three new starters along the offensive line.

http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20060904/1070154.asp

YardRat
09-04-2006, 08:01 AM
"Willis McGahee is intent on putting next season where it belongs, which is as far from One Bills Drive as possible."

Historian
09-04-2006, 08:02 AM
We shall see.

YardRat
09-04-2006, 08:10 AM
I expect big things from WM this year...if can get 1200-plus yards in last year's offense he should have no problem hitting 1500 this year.

!Papacrunk!
09-04-2006, 08:14 AM
Rumble or ramble? If he's going to ramble, does he have some sort of 30 page dissertation on why he's the best back in the NFL?

Mitchy moo
09-04-2006, 08:20 AM
Rumble or ramble? If he's going to ramble, does he have some sort of 30 page dissertation on why he's the best back in the NFL?

Better than Ricky's 30 pager on how to get high.

ICE74129
09-04-2006, 08:29 AM
Willis needs to STFU and just PERFORM. Maybe he needs to get marvs old saying about let what you DO, or your ACTIONS be so loud, no one can hear what you say. Or something like that.

!Papacrunk!
09-04-2006, 08:29 AM
Better than Ricky's 30 pager on how to get high. A Ricky getting high joke. Wow, that's a fresh one.
::EDIT:::
I just clicked the link, and the writer used the word ramble himself, does he not own dictionary? Hopefully for him, it was just a typo. After looking at the following definitions, it is a bit funny in relative to an article about Willis:

RAMBLE:
<table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">1.</td><td valign="top">to wander around in a leisurely, aimless manner: They rambled through the shops until closing time. </td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">2.</td><td valign="top">to take a course with many turns or windings, as a stream or path. </td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">3.</td><td valign="top">to grow in a random, unsystematic fashion: The vine rambled over the walls and tree trunks. </td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">4.</td><td valign="top">to talk or write in a discursive, aimless way (usually fol. by on): The speaker rambled on with anecdote after anecdote. </td></tr></tbody></table> –verb (used with object) <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">5.</td><td valign="top">to walk aimlessly or idly over or through: They spent the spring afternoon rambling woodland paths. </td></tr></tbody></table> –noun <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">6.</td><td valign="top">a walk without a definite route, taken merely for pleasure

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Mitchy moo
09-04-2006, 08:32 AM
A Ricky getting high joke. Wow, that's a fresh one. Dude, you just simply mistyped a word in the title of your post, since there's a difference between rumbling and rambling.

Your RB is a joke that was the only point, which gives you no right to say one word about another teams RB. :dolfan:

!Papacrunk!
09-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Your RB is a joke that was the only point, which gives you no right to say one word about another teams RB. :dolfan:

Actually, as long as it's within TOS, I can say anything I want Skoobs.

YardRat
09-04-2006, 08:43 AM
I just clicked the link, and the writer used the word ramble himself, does he not own dictionary?

You might want to take a peek into the sentence structure mirror yourself.

!Papacrunk!
09-04-2006, 08:48 AM
You might want to take a peek into the sentence structure mirror yourself. Oh, I know I make quite a few mistakes, that's what allows me to find the humor in other peep's mistakes. You'd have to admit, ramble instead of rumble is quite an innocent bit of brevity though, in regards to the main focus of that article. A humorous faux pas, if you will. Also, if there is a sentence structure mirror on Ebay, I wonder if they have any under the "Buy It Now" function, since I'm impatient?

YardRat
09-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Agreed :D

FinFaninBuffalo
09-04-2006, 08:53 AM
Yet another example of a Bill talking about being great. Nice job Willis.

"I'll be a premier back," McGahee said. "I'm not worried about that. It's just the fact that we have to be patient and let everything come."

DMBcrew36
09-04-2006, 10:08 AM
The first thing I said to myself when I saw the title was, "doesn't he mean rumble?"

ParanoidAndroid
09-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Or whay not just quote him in the title and say, "Rock 'n' Roll?"

justasportsfan
09-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Rumble or ramble? If he's going to ramble, does he have some sort of 30 page dissertation on why he's the best back in the NFL?:snicker:

ublinkwescore
09-04-2006, 11:14 AM
I honestly don't care if he continues to say he's gonna be a great back or not - as long as he backs it up.

Same with Losman... as long as they're playing good, let them be cocky.

OpIv37
09-04-2006, 11:21 AM
I always find articles like this to be rather pointless.

WTF is he gonna say?

"Nah, I'm not ready- I expect this year to look a lot like last year only I won't have as many yards".

Please.

thebuffalobills4
09-04-2006, 04:24 PM
i hope mcgahee is right