PDA

View Full Version : From what you have seen so far how much has JP improved?

Bufftp
09-04-2006, 09:29 AM
Improvement at the QB position will tell us alot about the upcoming season. From what you have seen so far how much has JP improved?
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

patmoran2006
09-04-2006, 10:08 AM
I'll let you know Sunday night..

Preseason dont mean squat.

YardRat
09-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Ditto.

Captain gameboy
09-04-2006, 10:40 AM
I don't know either.

I was very encouraged by the article in the Buffalo News today though.

It was a completely reasonable and easily understood discussion of his problem with basic mechanics causing inaccuracy, which has always been my major concern with him.

If that issue gets fixed and he doesn't get killed the first half of the season, I think the late fall/early winter could get to be kind of fun 'round here.

North_Coast
09-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Comparing last preseason to this preseason, he's at least 100% better. He knows what he's doing and looks like an NFL QB, which he didn't last September. His mechanics have been improving through the preseason.

I expect him to continue to improve throughout the season. That doesn't mean it's going to be continuous progression because he'll have set backs like any young QB, but I think by late in the season, the Bills will have a first rate QB.

OpIv37
09-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Comparing last preseason to this preseason, he's at least 100% better. He knows what he's doing and looks like an NFL QB, which he didn't last September. His mechanics have been improving through the preseason.

I expect him to continue to improve throughout the season. That doesn't mean it's going to be continuous progression because he'll have set backs like any young QB, but I think by late in the season, the Bills will have a first rate QB.

I agree. Last year, I thought JP was wreckless and dangerous- he didn't seem to understand what was going on around him and he was constantly trying to force plays and thus making big mistakes.

This year, he seemed to have a lot more poise and he understood the game well enough to rely on his arm more than his legs.

I don't expect him to go out there and light up the league, but I do expect him to make some big plays and be enough of a threat to keep the D from stacking the box, which should go a long way towards helping offensive productivity.

I think the O will be better than the D this year.

justasportsfan
09-04-2006, 11:23 AM
The game against PAts would be his biggest test. He's not just facing a team but the best coach in the NFL.

Bufftp
09-04-2006, 11:53 AM
I think training camp and pre-season can you give you some indication of how a young QB is growing. Of course JP faces a true acid test in 3 of the first 4 games.

~CHIEF~
09-04-2006, 12:00 PM
100% you can't measure his ability to now stay in the pocket, take the hit while being able to still hit recievers in stride! His confidence is 100x better!