PDA

View Full Version : Please watch the Bills/Lions game!!

HHURRICANE
09-04-2006, 10:05 AM
After watching the replay this AM you can see why the decisions were made.

1) Lionel Gates is mediocre against 2nd and 3rd string. He practiced hard but was not overly impressive. A-train won the battle and is a veteran. Shaud Williams, who I am not a fan of, is pretty strong on punt coverage and that was probably the difference. I agree with Jauron's call.

2) Andre Davis is fast and that is why he made the roster over other guys.

3) Holcomb has maturity for sure. He knows he doesn't have an arm so he doesn't force the bad pass. Nall looks like JP last year but on crank. he'll throw it no matter what. I want my backup not giving away games if we are in the hunt. Nall has some talent but he unfortunately needs some coaching and another training camp to develop.

4) I am okay with King and Baker being cut but we better be prepared for a little drop off in our secondary for the first half of the season. Even though Simpson and Yobouty I think will be great, Baker and King can play.

5) One pos and neg for JP. Great first drive and during the second half he was hanging with his OL and Duke Preston. I liked it. However, when interviewing Peerless, they asked about his condfidence in JP and I was hoping for something more emphatic. It wasn't negative by any means, and I might be reading too far into it, but it was definatley cautious.

6) Peters looked great, our left side sucks. McGahee kept running into Reyes and Gandy. Expect tons of roll outs and screens!!