• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HAMMER
    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
    • Jul 2003

Bills catching a break against Pats

Maybe we are catching the Pats at the right time. Maroney will not play Sunday and I have to say I am relieved. I do like to beat teams at full strength but this week I make an exception. A win in NE will do wonders for the Bills psyche. What I have seen of Maroney leads me to believe he will be a big handful for years to come.
    Visit ESPN for the 2023 NFL season injury status per team, with details on players that are out, day-to-day, or on the injured reserve.
  • Kenny
    • Aug 2004

Re: Bills catching a break against Pats

dont forget though... isnt 'God' supposed to be making another 'comeback' against us? =)

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Kenny
      dont forget though... isnt 'God' supposed to be making another 'comeback' against us? =)
      ESPN is already revising their scorecards in anticipation. New stat categories include "hits", "steps while on the field" and "Times he helps another player get up after the play"
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bufftp
        Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
        ESPN is already revising their scorecards in anticipation. New stat categories include "hits", "steps while on the field" and "Times he helps another player get up after the play"
        Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
        "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
        Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
        - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
        to be led by permanent ideals -
        that is what keeps a man patient
        when the world ignores him,
        and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

goodone.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

Maroney practiced today in full pads, although he did wear a knee brace on his left knee. I'm not sure of ESPN's source, but I find it hard to believe Maroney has already been ruled out of the opener already. The injury report is due out Wednesday.

LB Tedy Bruschi, DE Ty Warren, OT Nick Kaczur and WR Chad Jackson were not at practice today nursing various injuries. Rookie TE Dave Thomas wore a red, non-contact jersey. Their situations should be monitored throughout the week.

Warren & Bruschi probably have a shot at playing, but could miss the game. Traditionally, veterans like them nursing injuries can miss practice during the week and still play. Players who miss during the week usually have to make it through practice on Friday to play. That is worth monitoring as both are starters. If Bruschi misses, Junior Seau and Mike Vrabel will start at ILB, but Tully Banta Cain and Rosevelt Colvin will start at OLB. If Warren misses, Jarvis Green will start in his place, and Mike Wright will see more time as well.

Kaczur is still recovering from a shoulder injury he suffered in the Jacksonville playoff game last year. He missed most of camp before returning to practice a couple weeks ago, and the team is easing him back into a full workload. Rookie OT Ryan O'Callaghan has started at RT throughout camp, and will probably be there for the opener. If Kaczur is dressed, he will likely be the 3rd OT.

Chad Jackson has been out since the first few practices of training camp with a hamstring injury. He is probably close to returning, but even if he does the rookie is so far behind he isn't likely to dress. I guess you never know, but I'd be surprised at this point if he plays.

Thomas missed the last couple games with an injury. He returned to practice last week and is probably questionable to play. He has looked strong in camp and if he plays he will be the 3rd TE/H-back. The Pats 3rd TE plays more than most (he basically will replace Christian Fauria's role).

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Jesus, what a explanation. So the guy is day to day might of cut it.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Skooby
                Jesus, what a explanation. So the guy is day to day might of cut it.
                no offense, but I don't think NE39 will be taking posting tips from you

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

I'll be happy if Maroney doesnt play.

I remember what another rookie, Cadillac Williams did to use early in the year when we were on the road at TB.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• thebuffalobills4
                    • Aug 2004

hey don't forget he always gets player of the week or year from espn when he makes his return
                    :oldskool:
                    micheal phelps is a beast

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                      Sab and TD are insignificant
                      • Sep 2002

What about the whifs?
                      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• North_Coast
                        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                        What about the whifs?
                        C'mon, here, silly! We're talking about God here! Who counts God's whifs???
                        The Bills have only had 17 playoff years and 19 winning seasons in 47 years. 9 of those playoff years and 10 of those winning seasons -- and the 4 Super Bowl appearances -- came in the 15 years when Bill Polian and John Butler were Bills GMs ... and Ralph Wilson fired them both.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                          Sab and TD are insignificant
                          • Sep 2002

Apparently ESPN and the rest of the Sports Media world that's got their noses clear up the Pats' @$$es.
                          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                            • Jul 2002

Maroney doesn't sce me at all.
                            Their defensive line does.

Comment

• Kenny
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                              I'll be happy if Maroney doesnt play.

I remember what another rookie, Cadillac Williams did to use early in the year when we were on the road at TB.
                              yeah but then again, was there any RB that didnt run right through us last year?

Comment

Working...
                              X