• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

OpIv37's late Bills/Lions game notes

Once again, you can thank the NFL Network for the delay. This will be short, because most of the guys who played already got cut. But I'll do my best to work with what they gave me

Offense
    -My confidence in this starting offense is continuing to grow. Losman needs to protect the ball a little better and there were a few too many plays for losses (McGahee seems to be an "all or nothing" type of back), but other than that, they have looked excellent for most of pre-season.
    -I'm starting to think I may have been wrong about Peerless Price. He's not going to catch 90+ balls, but there is a good chance he'll be a significant contributor to this offense.
    - Nall has a hell of an arm but doesn't sense the pressure well enough. I'm no Holcomb fan, but I think we need his experience if JP goes down. Nall just isn't there yet.
    -Andre Davis is fast as hell.

Defense
    -During the last few games, I was concerned about soft spots in the zone and I wanted to see if it tightened up at all. Well, the starting D OWNED the Lions on the first series and never gave them the opportunity to pass. After that, the D mostly consisted of guys who had already been cut. So, this remains a big fat question mark.
    -Tim Anderson was still playing in the 3rd and 4th quarters. This guy SUCKS. He was consistently stood up by DETROIT'S SCRUBS. Both Kyle Williams and McCargo were getting better penetration than him against the same guys.
    -Kyle Williams did not look quite as good, but he had his moments and I still think this guy could become a servicable starter and the steal of our draft.
    -Why didn't McGee play?

ST:
    -Kickoff and punt coverage looked excellent
    -Kickoff and punt returns still looked very average and this has me concerned.
    -I better NEVER see Shaud Williams returning punts in a regular season game unless Davis, Parrish, Clements, McGee and Price are all injured. He's horrible at it.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Re: OpIv37's late Bills/Lions game notes

Not gonna even bother reading it, im sure others will be just dying to read what you have to say.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Nice review, times are turning.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
        Not gonna even bother reading it, im sure others will be just dying to read what you have to say.
        if I bother you so much, why do you take the time to read ANY of my posts? Just put me on ignore and be done with it. You never reply to me with anything meaningful, anyway, because you're too pissed off by the tone of my posts. I don't know why you let me get to you like that.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

I think you made a good breakdown of the game, we looked better.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
            I think you made a good breakdown of the game, we looked better.
            well, I think you're oversimplifying. The starting O looked good. The starting D had one good drive against Detroit, then took a seat. It's an encouraging sign, but one good drive against Detroit is hardly enough to inspire confidence against NE.

Kickoff and punt returns are not where they need to be, although coverage still looks very good.

As long as Tim Anderson is in the rotation, the DL scares the hell out of me.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

he's one of many, we'll be fine.

Comment

• Kerr
                Hall of Fame Zoner
                • Feb 2005

op, I agree with your assessment....nall does stink.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                  • Apr 2005

Wow Op you negged me and said "If you dont have anything constructive to say dont say anything at all"....are you serious? Coming from you....gotta be kidding...

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    if I bother you so much, why do you take the time to read ANY of my posts? Just put me on ignore and be done with it. You never reply to me with anything meaningful, anyway, because you're too pissed off by the tone of my posts. I don't know why you let me get to you like that.
                    bc you constantly challenge anyone with anything good to say. its hard to ignore you because you rip on your fellow bills fans for having hope which turns every thread into an arguement. You claim everything you say as fact and everyone else is clueless. You bring a negative vibe to the board that NOBODY appreciates. We undestand your point, yet you feel the need to constantly drive it home to everyone in every god damn post. You constantly look for things to ***** about and then are proven wrong and then you switch subjects. Personally i wish you just keep your opinion to yourself and im sure there a few that would agree.

Comment

• Slim
                      • Apr 2004

bc you constantly challenge anyone with anything good to say. its hard to ignore you because you rip on your fellow bills fans for having hope which turns every thread into an arguement. You claim everything you say as fact and everyone else is clueless. You bring a negative vibe to the board that NOBODY appreciates. We undestand your point, yet you feel the need to constantly drive it home to everyone in every god damn post. You constantly look for things to ***** about and then are proven wrong and then you switch subjects. Personally i wish you just keep your opinion to yourself and im sure there a few that would agree.

haha.. although op is negative, he's still one of the better posters still left on this board..

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        -I'm starting to think I may have been wrong about Peerless Price. He's not going

Defense

-Tim Anderson was still playing in the 3rd and 4th quarters. This guy SUCKS. He was consistently stood up by DETROIT'S SCRUBS. Both Kyle Williams and McCargo were getting better penetration than him against the same guys.
                        OH so now you're getting on the Price bandwagon after you weren't even willing to give Fairchild's decision a benefit of a doubt?

Anderson may end up blowing but if you're going to use that game as an observation, he was in on every snap in the very first series the lions went 3 and out and even had a sack. The guy was a beast with the first team more so than anyone on the DL.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

I knew you'd come around regarding Price! You should listen to me more often!
                          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

We undestand your point, yet you feel the need to constantly drive it home to everyone in every god damn post.

if people understood my point, there would be no need to constantly drive it home.
                            If people understood my point, they would not be predicting the Bills to beat NE.

Therefore, people don't understand my point and that's why I'm constantly driving it home.

No one forces you to read my posts- if you don't agree, don't read them.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              OH so now you're getting on the Price bandwagon after you weren't even willing to give Fairchild's decision a benefit of a doubt?

Anderson may end up blowing but if you're going to use that game as an observation, he was in on every snap in the very first series the lions went 3 and out and even had a sack. The guy was a beast with the first team more so than anyone on the DL.
                              I thought Price was a stupid decision- I'm admitting that I may have been wrong (although the jury's still out on that one)- what more do you want? I'm not running out to buy his jersey or anything- just saying he's better than I expected.

And Anderson blows. The two good plays he had with the starters don't negate the 2 quarters' worth of bad plays he had with the scrubs.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X