PDA

View Full Version : OpIv37's late Bills/Lions game notes

OpIv37
09-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Once again, you can thank the NFL Network for the delay. This will be short, because most of the guys who played already got cut. But I'll do my best to work with what they gave me

Offense
-My confidence in this starting offense is continuing to grow. Losman needs to protect the ball a little better and there were a few too many plays for losses (McGahee seems to be an "all or nothing" type of back), but other than that, they have looked excellent for most of pre-season.
-I'm starting to think I may have been wrong about Peerless Price. He's not going to catch 90+ balls, but there is a good chance he'll be a significant contributor to this offense.
- Nall has a hell of an arm but doesn't sense the pressure well enough. I'm no Holcomb fan, but I think we need his experience if JP goes down. Nall just isn't there yet.
-Andre Davis is fast as hell.

Defense
-During the last few games, I was concerned about soft spots in the zone and I wanted to see if it tightened up at all. Well, the starting D OWNED the Lions on the first series and never gave them the opportunity to pass. After that, the D mostly consisted of guys who had already been cut. So, this remains a big fat question mark.
-Tim Anderson was still playing in the 3rd and 4th quarters. This guy SUCKS. He was consistently stood up by DETROIT'S SCRUBS. Both Kyle Williams and McCargo were getting better penetration than him against the same guys.
-Kyle Williams did not look quite as good, but he had his moments and I still think this guy could become a servicable starter and the steal of our draft.
-Why didn't McGee play?

ST:
-Kickoff and punt coverage looked excellent
-Kickoff and punt returns still looked very average and this has me concerned.
-I better NEVER see Shaud Williams returning punts in a regular season game unless Davis, Parrish, Clements, McGee and Price are all injured. He's horrible at it.

FlyingDutchman
09-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Not gonna even bother reading it, im sure others will be just dying to read what you have to say.

Mitchy moo
09-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Nice review, times are turning.

OpIv37
09-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Not gonna even bother reading it, im sure others will be just dying to read what you have to say.

if I bother you so much, why do you take the time to read ANY of my posts? Just put me on ignore and be done with it. You never reply to me with anything meaningful, anyway, because you're too pissed off by the tone of my posts. I don't know why you let me get to you like that.

Mitchy moo
09-04-2006, 09:54 PM
I think you made a good breakdown of the game, we looked better.

OpIv37
09-04-2006, 10:00 PM
I think you made a good breakdown of the game, we looked better.

well, I think you're oversimplifying. The starting O looked good. The starting D had one good drive against Detroit, then took a seat. It's an encouraging sign, but one good drive against Detroit is hardly enough to inspire confidence against NE.

Kickoff and punt returns are not where they need to be, although coverage still looks very good.

As long as Tim Anderson is in the rotation, the DL scares the hell out of me.

Mitchy moo
09-04-2006, 10:02 PM
he's one of many, we'll be fine.

Kerr
09-04-2006, 10:02 PM
op, I agree with your assessment....nall does stink. :D

FlyingDutchman
09-04-2006, 10:50 PM
Wow Op you negged me and said "If you dont have anything constructive to say dont say anything at all"....are you serious? Coming from you....gotta be kidding...

FlyingDutchman
09-04-2006, 10:56 PM
if I bother you so much, why do you take the time to read ANY of my posts? Just put me on ignore and be done with it. You never reply to me with anything meaningful, anyway, because you're too pissed off by the tone of my posts. I don't know why you let me get to you like that.

bc you constantly challenge anyone with anything good to say. its hard to ignore you because you rip on your fellow bills fans for having hope which turns every thread into an arguement. You claim everything you say as fact and everyone else is clueless. You bring a negative vibe to the board that NOBODY appreciates. We undestand your point, yet you feel the need to constantly drive it home to everyone in every god damn post. You constantly look for things to ***** about and then are proven wrong and then you switch subjects. Personally i wish you just keep your opinion to yourself and im sure there a few that would agree.

Slim
09-04-2006, 11:41 PM
bc you constantly challenge anyone with anything good to say. its hard to ignore you because you rip on your fellow bills fans for having hope which turns every thread into an arguement. You claim everything you say as fact and everyone else is clueless. You bring a negative vibe to the board that NOBODY appreciates. We undestand your point, yet you feel the need to constantly drive it home to everyone in every god damn post. You constantly look for things to ***** about and then are proven wrong and then you switch subjects. Personally i wish you just keep your opinion to yourself and im sure there a few that would agree.

haha.. although op is negative, he's still one of the better posters still left on this board..

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 08:05 AM
-I'm starting to think I may have been wrong about Peerless Price. He's not going

Defense

-Tim Anderson was still playing in the 3rd and 4th quarters. This guy SUCKS. He was consistently stood up by DETROIT'S SCRUBS. Both Kyle Williams and McCargo were getting better penetration than him against the same guys.
OH so now you're getting on the Price bandwagon after you weren't even willing to give Fairchild's decision a benefit of a doubt?
:rolleyes:

Anderson may end up blowing but if you're going to use that game as an observation, he was in on every snap in the very first series the lions went 3 and out and even had a sack. The guy was a beast with the first team more so than anyone on the DL.

mybills
09-05-2006, 08:16 AM
I knew you'd come around regarding Price! You should listen to me more often! :D

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 08:26 AM
We undestand your point, yet you feel the need to constantly drive it home to everyone in every god damn post.

if people understood my point, there would be no need to constantly drive it home.
If people understood my point, they would not be predicting the Bills to beat NE.

Therefore, people don't understand my point and that's why I'm constantly driving it home.

No one forces you to read my posts- if you don't agree, don't read them.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 08:29 AM
OH so now you're getting on the Price bandwagon after you weren't even willing to give Fairchild's decision a benefit of a doubt?
:rolleyes:

Anderson may end up blowing but if you're going to use that game as an observation, he was in on every snap in the very first series the lions went 3 and out and even had a sack. The guy was a beast with the first team more so than anyone on the DL.

I thought Price was a stupid decision- I'm admitting that I may have been wrong (although the jury's still out on that one)- what more do you want? I'm not running out to buy his jersey or anything- just saying he's better than I expected.

And Anderson blows. The two good plays he had with the starters don't negate the 2 quarters' worth of bad plays he had with the scrubs.

mybills
09-05-2006, 08:30 AM
If people understood my point, they would not be predicting the Bills to beat NE.

If you understood our point, you'd stop saying that NE WILL WIN.
The Bills CAN win.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 08:32 AM
I thought Price was a stupid decision- I'm admitting that I may have been wrong (although the jury's still out on that one)- what more do you want? I'm not running out to buy his jersey or anything- just saying he's better than I expected.

And Anderson blows. The two good plays he had with the starters don't negate the 2 quarters' worth of bad plays he had with the scrubs. whether Price ends up being good or bad is not the issue, it's the stupid logic of everyone blows until proven otherwise. Eat your freakin crow.

2 plays? Anderson collapsed the pocket. On the very first play he would've sacked the qb if it wasn't stopped for a false start. Against scrubs, he was double teamed. And even then there's not DT that will dominate without help from the rest of the team.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 08:34 AM
The Bills CAN win.
Mybills, I think you should start charging him for the education you give him with regards to football.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 08:35 AM
The Bills CAN win.

but they WON'T. Deal with it.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 08:36 AM
whether Price ends up being good or bad is not the issue, it's the stupid logic of everyone blows until proven otherwise. Eat your freakin crow.

2 plays? Anderson collapsed the pocket. On the very first play he would've sacked the qb if it wasn't stopped for a false start. Against scrubs, he was double teamed. And even then there's not DT that will dominate without help from the rest of the team.

I wasn't expecting him to dominate- I was expecting him to not get stood up and pushed back 3 out of every 4 plays by Detroit's scrubs. And he was rarely double teamed.

mybills
09-05-2006, 08:37 AM
but they WON'T. Deal with it.
You should smash your crystal ball. :up:

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 08:42 AM
I wasn't expecting him to dominate- I was expecting him to not get stood up and pushed back 3 out of every 4 plays by Detroit's scrubs. And he was rarely double teamed.
stupid post as usual. If he dominated the Lions' 2nd and 3rd string that would've been a problem as far as you're concerned . Since he dominated the lions' 1st interior OL it's still a problem.

Like I said, he may end up blowing the entire season. That's not the point , it's your stupid logic that everyone on the team blows. Keep bashing the bills fairweathered fan. You'll be eating crow once the team get's better every game. I'll make sure to remind you how fairweathered you are. And don't go jumping on any wagon either , bills basher.

patmoran2006
09-05-2006, 08:47 AM
stupid post as usual. If he dominated the Lions' 2nd and 3rd string that would've been a problem as far as you're concerned . Since he dominated the lions' 1st interior OL it's still a problem.

Like I said, he may end up blowing the entire season. That's not the point , it's your stupid logic that everyone on the team blows. Keep bashing the bills fairweathered fan. You'll be eating crow once the team get's better every game. I'll make sure to remind you how fairweathered you are. And don't go jumping on any wagon either , bills basher.
100% ignorant.

Anyone who read's OP's posts knows that he's being as objective as he's capable of being.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 08:50 AM

I hope I'm eating crow because I want this team to win, but I don't think they will. You're trying to set up a situation where I can't possibly win- if I'm happy that the Bills win, then I 'm a bandwagon jumper. If I'm right and the BIlls suck, then you'll say I care more about being right than the Bills winning, despite the fact that I've said the contrary many times.

Yes, if he dominated the Lions 2nd and 3rd string, I wouldn't consider that much of an accomplishment because a starter SHOULD be able to dominate another team's 2nd and 3rd string. It's like claiming credit for stuff you're SUPPOSED to do, like show up at work on time and not beat your kids. But that's not what happened. He's a starter who got pushed all over the place by 2nd and 3rd stringers. At least if he dominated them, there would be some proof that he's a viable starter because like I already said, a starter SHOULD dominate them. Instead, he looks like an embarrassment.

And I love how you changed the subject back to your warped view on a fairweather fan because you lost the point on Anderson. Classy move.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 08:55 AM
100% ignorant.

Anyone who read's OP's posts knows that he's being as objective as he's capable of being. OH shush. 4 wins? HA!

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 08:57 AM
I hope I'm eating crow because I want this team to win, but I don't think they will. You're trying to set up a situation where I can't possibly win- if I'm happy that the Bills win, then I 'm a bandwagon jumper. If I'm right and the BIlls suck, then you'll say I care more about being right than the Bills winning, despite the fact that I've said the contrary many times.

Yes, if he dominated the Lions 2nd and 3rd string, I wouldn't consider that much of an accomplishment because a starter SHOULD be able to dominate another team's 2nd and 3rd string. It's like claiming credit for stuff you're SUPPOSED to do, like show up at work on time and not beat your kids. But that's not what happened. He's a starter who got pushed all over the place by 2nd and 3rd stringers. At least if he dominated them, there would be some proof that he's a viable starter because like I already said, a starter SHOULD dominate them. Instead, he looks like an embarrassment.

And I love how you changed the subject back to your warped view on a fairweather fan because you lost the point on Anderson. Classy move.He dominated the 1st team. What is it you don't understand. You're the one who's setting up Anderson to not win any ways. He dominates the 1st team, he sucks. If he dominated the 2nd and 3rd team, he still sucks. :rolleyes:

patmoran2006
09-05-2006, 08:59 AM
OH shush. 4 wins? HA!
I said HE's being objective.. I didnt say I was

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 09:01 AM
I said HE's being objective.. I didnt say I wasI got it the first time. My response meant, I don't care what your opinion is. BTw, what's with the bag on the head. Are you embarrased about being a bills fan too?

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 09:16 AM
He dominated the 1st team. What is it you don't understand. You're the one who's setting up Anderson to not win any ways. He dominates the 1st team, he sucks. If he dominated the 2nd and 3rd team, he still sucks. :rolleyes:

he dominated the Lions first team for 2 friggin plays. Jesus, Mike Williams had two good plays in his career- lets bring him back.

You're putting words in my mouth. What I said was that starters SHOULD dominate 2nd and 3rd stringers, so if he did that, at least there would be some proof that he might be a starter. But he DIDN'T do that- he had 2 good plays against the starters then got pushed around by the scrubs all day. Once again, you're looking at the 2 good plays and ignoring the 20 bad ones.

patmoran2006
09-05-2006, 09:20 AM
I got it the first time. My response meant, I don't care what your opinion is. BTw, what's with the bag on the head. Are you embarrased about being a bills fan too?

I'm anticipating.. talk to me in week 9

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 09:25 AM
he dominated the Lions first team for 2 friggin plays. Jesus, Mike Williams had two good plays in his career- lets bring him back.

You're putting words in my mouth. What I said was that starters SHOULD dominate 2nd and 3rd stringers, so if he did that, at least there would be some proof that he might be a starter. But he DIDN'T do that- he had 2 good plays against the starters then got pushed around by the scrubs all day. Once again, you're looking at the 2 good plays and ignoring the 20 bad ones.
Not only are you a nancy, you're also blind. Watch the game again and take notice where he's at in the first qtr. the guy was pushing the pocket.

BTW, we're talking about the lions game aren't we? That's wierd , I thought this thread was about the lions game. Who's talking about an entire career? The Mike Williams reference was stupid.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm anticipating.. talk to me in week 9 Ah, no wonder why you are one OP's side. You guys give up faster than the french. At least the french would've waited for the first balloon burst before they throw in the white flag.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 09:29 AM
Not only are you a nancy, you're also blind. Watch the game again and take notice where he's at in the first qtr. the guy was pushing the pocket.

BTW, we're talking about the lions game aren't we? That's wierd , I thought this thread was about the lions game. Who's talking about an entire career? The Mike Williams reference was stupid.

once again, why do you pick out the two plays where he did well and ignore the 20 where he did poorly? That's a Wys technique.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 09:33 AM
once again, why do you pick out the two plays where he did well and ignore the 20 where he did poorly? That's a Wys technique.I'm not the one accussing him of sucking, you are.You're the one taking away his longest yard. DUH!!!

"Yes, if he dominated the Lions 2nd and 3rd string, I wouldn't consider that much of an accomplishment because a starter SHOULD be able to dominate another team's 2nd and 3rd string."

See what I mean, he's damned if he does , he''s damned if he doesn't.

He sucks because he didn't dominate the 2nd and 3rd string but he dominated the 1st string. :coocoo:

patmoran2006
09-05-2006, 09:36 AM
I dont give up on this team.. I LOVE THIS TEAM and I LOVe what Marv is doing.. this is a division contender in 2007.

They're also gonna take some beatings in 2006 in the process.. 4-12

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 09:37 AM
I'm not the one accussing him of sucking, you are. You're the one taking away his longest yard. DUH!!!

"Yes, if he dominated the Lions 2nd and 3rd string, I wouldn't consider that much of an accomplishment because a starter SHOULD be able to dominate another team's 2nd and 3rd string."

See what I mean, he's damned if he does , he''s damned if he doesn't.

So, if McGahee has 2- 20 yard runs in the first quarter, then has 10 runs for -3 yards the rest of the game, did he have a good game or a bad game? Seems like a bad game to me.

Yes, Tim Anderson had a few good plays, but his over all game was piss poor. You want to ignore the MAJORITY of his performance.

And you can argue all day long about what I would say if he did dominate the scrubs, but he DIDN'T. He had a few good plays then spent a few quarters getting owned by scrubs. You consider that good enough for your team, but I'M the one that's a bad fan? Please.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 09:40 AM
BTW, OP. 89 rushing yards total by the Lions. How does that translate to sucking 20 other times?

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 09:43 AM
BTW, OP. 89 rushing yards total by the Lions. How does that translate to sucking 20 other times?

well there were 10 other guys on the field on those plays.

Most of the starters weren't playing so I was focusing on Anderson on every play. And he got stood up at the line, blown off the ball on runs , and never collapsed the pocket.

I was watching the game on TiVo and I even rewould it on several plays to make sure it was him that was being pushed out of the way.

If a team has 300 yards passing, does the 4th WR who had 1 catch for 9 yards deserve the credit for having a good game?

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 09:47 AM
well there were 10 other guys on the field on those plays.

Most of the starters weren't playing so I was focusing on Anderson on every play. And he got stood up at the line, blown off the ball on runs , and never collapsed the pocket.

I was watching the game on TiVo and I even rewould it on several plays to make sure it was him that was being pushed out of the way.

If a team has 300 yards passing, does the 4th WR who had 1 catch for 9 yards deserve the credit for having a good game?

So now there are 10 other guys on the team? You are being nit picky. the lions also had 163 yds. passing. A total team effort.

I don't care if he didn't do well against scrubs. He may have been playing not to get injured. While I don't know that to be a fact, I'll stick the part where he dominated the first team where it counts the most. DUH!!!

Haha! Nevermind.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 09:51 AM
I dont give up on this team.. I LOVE THIS TEAM and I LOVe what Marv is doing.. this is a division contender in 2007.

They're also gonna take some beatings in 2006 in the process.. 4-12
you sure could've fooled us with that bag over your head and a single snap hasn't even been made yet. This is why I'd never go to the lions den with you and OP. You guys give up so easily.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 10:06 AM
you sure could've fooled us with that bag over your head and a single snap hasn't even been made yet. This is why I'd never go to the lions den with you and OP. You guys give up so easily.

if we gave up, why are we still watching the games and here discussing the team?

you need to work on your definition of giving up while you're working on your definition of fairweather fans.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 10:09 AM
if we gave up, why are we still watching the games and here discussing the team?

you need to work on your definition of giving up while you're working on your definition of fairweather fans.
Just so you'd have something to whine and cry about in case you're right.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 10:13 AM
Just so you'd have something to whine and cry about in case you're right.

yeah, that's it- I spend so much time here just so I have something to ***** about :rolleyes:

ever read the TZ? I have plenty of stuff to ***** about other than this team.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 10:20 AM
yeah, that's it- I spend so much time here just so I have something to ***** about :rolleyes:

ever read the TZ? I have plenty of stuff to ***** about other than this team.

I was commenting on your football posts alone.

Since you brought up TZ ,how do you think I came up with that? Whether it's the TZ or BZ you're b!tching either ways.

You're gulity until proven otherwise (your logic) Thing is, it's proven, you're a whiner. You said you'd quit whining in a thread you created and you're still at it. :rolleyes:

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 10:28 AM
I was commenting on your football posts alone.

Since you brought up TZ ,how do you think I came up with that? Whether it's the TZ or BZ you're b!tching either ways.

You're gulity until proven otherwise (your logic) Thing is, it's proven, you're a whiner. You said you'd quit whining in a thread you created and you're still at it. :rolleyes:

how is it whining to state the true problems that this team has and comment by a lackluster performance by a player that actually happened?

Apparently, if justasportsfan determines a fact to be negative about the team, then repeating it is whining.

For the record, I said some good things in my initial post about the lions game too. But because I pointed out some bad things, I'm still "whining" in your eyes. :rolleyes:

According to you, if I say something bad about the team, I'm whining. If I say something good about the team, then I'm a fairweather fan jumping on the bandwagon.

What exactly do you want from me?

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 10:34 AM
What exactly do you want from me? Just hang around. I have a feeling you'll be eating tons of crow and I'll be the one gladly shoving it down your pessimistc throat for the next few years :up:

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Just hang around. I have a feeling you'll be eating tons of crow and I'll be the one gladly shoving it down your pessimistc throat for the next few years :up:
hopefully, because that would mean the Bills are winning.

But to be fair, even if I'm dead wrong, it would only be one year- I've said that I think the Bills are making some good moves for the future.

R. Rich
09-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Once again, you can thank the NFL Network for the delay. This will be short, because most of the guys who played already got cut. But I'll do my best to work with what they gave me

Offense
-Rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, blah blah blah......
-Rave, rave, rave, rave, rave, blah blah blah.......
- Repeat as needed.

Defense
-Whine, whine, whine, whine, whine.............
-Moan, moan, moan, moan............
-Complain, complain, complain, complain...........

ST:
-*****, *****, *****, *****, bich.............

Good post.</p>

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Good post.</p>

did you even read it? I said some good things in there.

hammerbillsfan
09-05-2006, 10:52 AM

I liked the *****, *****, *****, *****, ***** line.

R. Rich
09-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Alright, man. I was only kidding. I'll read it over now:

Offense
-Rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, blah blah blah......
-Rave, rave, rave, rave, rave, blah blah blah.......
- Repeat as needed.

Defense
-Whine, whine, whine, whine, whine.............
-Moan, moan, moan, moan............
-Complain, complain, complain, complain...........

ST:
-*****, *****, *****, *****, bich.............

Yeah. Good post. One of your best posts ever.

</p>

FlyingDutchman
09-05-2006, 11:10 AM
if people understood my point, there would be no need to constantly drive it home.

Therefore, people don't understand my point and that's why I'm constantly driving it home.

No one forces you to read my posts- if you don't agree, don't read them.

Dude you gotta be kidding. So if people dont agree with you, then their wrong. Thats what youre saying. So its your mission to drive home your redundant point til everyone around here is a whiny ***** huih? Way to try to make this place fun.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Dude you gotta be kidding. So if people dont agree with you, then their wrong. Thats what youre saying. So its your mission to drive home your redundant point til everyone around here is a whiny ***** huih? Way to try to make this place fun.

you've said this is a rebuilding year and you don't expect much and you predicted the Bills to lose to NE- obviously you agree with me more than you want to admit.

FlyingDutchman
09-05-2006, 12:39 PM
you've said this is a rebuilding year and you don't expect much and you predicted the Bills to lose to NE- obviously you agree with me more than you want to admit.

and ive also said theres definately a possiblity of us winning. I thought we looked good in the preseason and made improvements, and if ever NE is ripe for the picking, its now. You for some reason dont even feel the games should be played. Imo this team is capable of doing good things this year battling for a playoff spot. You make it sound like theyre not capable of crossing the 50. You being the super sweet fan that you are, think there is no hope and we're all idiots for believing and hoping. The crap i dont agree with you is jumping down peoples throats and making it your personal mission to change the mind of anyone who might be excited for the season.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 01:00 PM
and ive also said theres definately a possiblity of us winning. I thought we looked good in the preseason and made improvements, and if ever NE is ripe for the picking, its now. You for some reason dont even feel the games should be played. Imo this team is capable of doing good things this year battling for a playoff spot. You make it sound like theyre not capable of crossing the 50. You being the super sweet fan that you are, think there is no hope and we're all idiots for believing and hoping. The crap i dont agree with you is jumping down peoples throats and making it your personal mission to change the mind of anyone who might be excited for the season.

I don't remember calling anyone an idiot, with the possible exception of Skooby.

So you disagree with me- fine. I don't have a problem with that.

And for the record, I never said that the games shouldn't be played. What I said was that expecting wins is unreasonable. If someone disagrees with me, I tell them why I think that way and they respond with why they disagree.

I don't see how me disagreeing with someone's positive assessment of the team and posting a response is any different from what you're doing to me right now.

R. Rich
09-05-2006, 01:02 PM

Yes!!!! We're allowed! Thanks, Bryan.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Yes!!!! We're allowed! Thanks, Bryan.

anything to avoid a beating.

FlyingDutchman
09-05-2006, 01:29 PM
I don't remember calling anyone an idiot, with the possible exception of Skooby.

And for the record, I never said that the games shouldn't be played. What I said was that expecting wins is unreasonable. If someone disagrees with me, I tell them why I think that way and they respond with why they disagree.

I don't see how me disagreeing with someone's positive assessment of the team and posting a response is any different from what you're doing to me right now.

Might be taking me a bit too literal on the games being played thing. No you dont litterally call people idiots, but you do in a round about way. People claim why they are excited and what things are positive and you challenge them. Its their freakin opinion and you said you wont stop until people "understand" or aka agree with you. Why is it that there is more posts about your annoying behavior than posts that there are about football. Everyone gets your point, there are people who agree but not til your obssessed level, and they dont crap on the Bills in every post.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Might be taking me a bit too literal on the games being played thing. No you dont litterally call people idiots, but you do in a round about way. People claim why they are excited and what things are positive and you challenge them. Its their freakin opinion and you said you wont stop until people "understand" or aka agree with you. Why is it that there is more posts about your annoying behavior and posts than there is about football. Everyone gets your point, there are people who agree but not til your obssessed level, and they dont crap on the Bills in every post.

are you not bothered by the Bills lack of success lately? When they start doing something right, I'll stop crapping on them. Until then, I'm pissed that my team has been doing so poorly and I'm going to say so. If other people don't see it that way, to me it seems like they're giving the Bills an excuse to suck. And I refuse to tolerate that.

And by the way, I said some positive things about this team in my first post in this thread- the one that you didn't read because you already assumed what I'm going to say.

Most of the posts you are talking about are me and justa going back and forth, which I'll admit we probably do too much and I'm sure it gets annoying to other posters.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 01:36 PM
When they start doing something right, I'll stop crapping on them. Until then, I'm pissed that my team has been doing so poorly and I'm going to say so. If other people don't see it that way, to me it seems like they're giving the Bills an excuse to suck. And I refuse to tolerate that.

So tell us, when has MArv and Dick done anything wrong?

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 01:44 PM
So tell us, when has MArv and Dick done anything wrong?

well, that's open for debate, but I think giving Josh Reed such a big contract was wrong. I think having Wendell Hunter behind a still-recovering Takeo Spikes on the depth chart is wrong. I think not finding another starting DT to replace Anderson was wrong. Some of their draft picks also seemed pretty stupid. Some people will disagree with me on this- but I don't like those moves.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 01:46 PM
well, that's open for debate, but I think giving Josh Reed such a big contract was wrong. I think having Wendell Hunter behind a still-recovering Takeo Spikes on the depth chart is wrong. I think not finding another starting DT to replace Anderson was wrong. Some of their draft picks also seemed pretty stupid. Some people will disagree with me on this- but I don't like those moves.
that's opinion. I want facts that this regime has done so poorly that you are so ready to crap on them .

FlyingDutchman
09-05-2006, 01:47 PM
[quote=OpIv37]are you not bothered by the Bills lack of success lately? When they start doing something right, I'll stop crapping on them. Until then, I'm pissed that my team has been doing so poorly and I'm going to say so. If other people don't see it that way, to me it seems like they're giving the Bills an excuse to suck. And I refuse to tolerate that.

quote]

I thought you said you liked some of the young players and you thought some improvement was being made you hypocrite.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 01:48 PM
that's opinion. I want facts that this regime has done so poorly that you are so ready to crap on them .

the franchise in general has and this regime is part of the franchise. I'm sick of having patience and giving people the benefit of the doubt only to be let down yet again.

why does this sound exactly like an argument we've already had 50 times?

FlyingDutchman
09-05-2006, 01:51 PM
are you not bothered by the Bills lack of success lately? When they start doing something right, I'll stop crapping on them.

Spoken like a true fairweather fan. Im not singing their praises, but i stil have hope and optimism for the future. Thats all us real bills fans have since we cant snap our fingers and be Super Bowl contenders tomorrow. GET A NEW FREAKIN TEAM.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 01:52 PM
I thought you said you liked some of the young players and you thought some improvement was being made you hypocrite.

some, not all. I'm also sick of losing and I'm frustrated that we have to settle for young players improving to judge our season rather than wins. Yeah, it's "rebuilding" and it's not reasonable to expect any team to be able to turn it around that quickly. But at the same time, this franchise ****ed up many times, and that's why we've been rebuilding for six years when we should be winning by now.

The fact that I like some of the moves for the future doesn't change the fact that we should be winning now instead of looking to the future.

FlyingDutchman
09-05-2006, 01:52 PM
so why exactly do you like the Bills Op? jumped on the bagon wagon in the early nineties and just been a miserable ***** since?

FlyingDutchman
09-05-2006, 01:54 PM
some, not all. I'm also sick of losing and I'm frustrated that we have to settle for young players improving to judge our season rather than wins. Yeah, it's "rebuilding" and it's not reasonable to expect any team to be able to turn it around that quickly. But at the same time, this franchise ****ed up many times, and that's why we've been rebuilding for six years when we should be winning by now.

The fact that I like some of the moves for the future doesn't change the fact that we should be winning now instead of looking to the future.

ya just dont get it do ya....

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Spoken like a true fairweather fan. Im not singing their praises, but i stil have hope and optimism for the future. Thats all us real bills fans have since we cant snap our fingers and be Super Bowl contenders tomorrow. GET A NEW FREAKIN TEAM.

You just don't get it, do you? If I was a fairweather fan, I would have given up on this team a long time ago. But I'm not- I will never stop rooting for this team. So, you and justa can attempt to label me however you want, but the fact is that if I was really a fairweather fan I wouldn't be here at all.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 01:55 PM
why does this sound exactly like an argument we've already had 50 times?
exactly , we're back to square one where the team blows even before the new regime have had a chance to prove anything.

You're trashing someone who has yet to show anything and yet you have a problem with those of us who'd rather wait for facts before we start coming up with conclusions?

Kinda like Price blows and you weren't even willing to give the guy a chance and now you're starting to jump on his wagon?

Stupd logic.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 01:55 PM
so why exactly do you like the Bills Op? jumped on the bagon wagon in the early nineties and just been a miserable ***** since?

because I've been watching them ever since I can remember- they were the "local" team (or the closest thing we had in Rochester) and they're the only team I've ever rooted for. I'm not about to change now.

FlyingDutchman
09-05-2006, 01:57 PM
You just don't get it, do you? If I was a fairweather fan, I would have given up on this team a long time ago. But I'm not- I will never stop rooting for this team. So, you and justa can attempt to label me however you want, but the fact is that if I was really a fairweather fan I wouldn't be here at all.

you already gave up on them wtf are you talking about. i have no clue why you are here. Youre an annoying hypocrite who talks in circles. You call what you do rooting? You have problems. Do you ever stand back and realize youre all alone in your thoughts and opinions, and then you claim you'll keep *****ing til everyone agrees with you. You have a lot of more *****ing to do.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Bandwagon jumper.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 01:59 PM
exactly , we're back to square one where the team blows even before the new regime have had a chance to prove anything.

You're trashing someone who has yet to show anything and yet you have a problem with those of us who'd rather wait for facts before we start coming up with conclusions?

Kinda like Price blows and you weren't even willing to give the guy a chance and now you're starting to jump on his wagon?

Stupd logic.

you act like these guys are complete newcomers and there's absolutely no record on how they've performed in the past or how Ralph's selections for this teams have done in the past.

Is it a perfect indicator? No, but it's more than enough data to make reasonable inferences.

I have a problem with people who think that coaches or players picked by this team will be good just because One Bills Drive says they will, without looking at their previous performance or any of the other available information.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 02:00 PM
You call what you do rooting? You have problems.

He wants us all to be miserable with him. He gets his panties all in a bunch when some of us are enjoying the new season. Imagine that, he get's bothered that we don't feel the same way he does. :coocoo:

FlyingDutchman
09-05-2006, 02:00 PM

Stupd logic.

Bravo, but it still wont register to him.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 02:01 PM
you already gave up on them wtf are you talking about. i have no clue why you are here. Youre an annoying hypocrite who talks in circles. You call what you do rooting? You have problems. Do you ever stand back and realize youre all alone in your thoughts and opinions, and then you claim you'll keep *****ing til everyone agrees with you. You have a lot of more *****ing to do.

You said a few posts ago that people here agree with me but they aren't as vocal about it, and now you're saying that I'm alone in my thoughts and opinions. But I'm the hypocrite.

When the team is playing, I'm there watching and cheering for them to win. That's rooting.

Putting your head in the sand when the team has problems is not rooting- it's giving the FO an excuse to put a mediocre product on the field.

R. Rich
09-05-2006, 02:02 PM
anything for a beating.

No problem.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 02:03 PM

So, no one is ever allowed to be wrong?

If Jauron or Price suck and you start criticizing them, does that make you a fairweather fan? You liked them till they suck- way to jump on the bandwagon.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 02:03 PM
you act like these guys are complete newcomers and there's absolutely no record on how they've performed in the past or how Ralph's selections for this teams have done in the past.

Is it a perfect indicator? No, but it's more than enough data to make reasonable inferences.

I have a problem with people who think that coaches or players picked by this team will be good just because One Bills Drive says they will, without looking at their previous performance or any of the other available information.

Ralph has made mistakes and he's done right things like hring someone like Marv in the 80's who came in to bring the bills to repsect.

Oh, Shnit, how ironic, Marv's back and making decisions. DUH!!!

I'll wait and see if Ralph's decision of hiring Marv is either a good or bad thing. I'll wait for facts and not because YOU SAY SO!

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Ralph has made mistakes and he's done right things like hring someone like Marv in the 80's who came in to bring the bills to repsect.

Oh, Shnit, how ironic, Marv's back and making decisions. DUH!!!

I'll wait and see if Ralph's decision of hiring Marv is either a good or bad thing. I'll wait for facts and not because YOU SAY SO!

it's not me saying so- it's Ralph's own record suggesting it.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 02:07 PM
So, no one is ever allowed to be wrong?

If Jauron or Price suck and you start criticizing them, does that make you a fairweather fan? You liked them till they suck- way to jump on the bandwagon. OP if Dick and Price start sucking , it's because there are facts already. Not before then. Are you following me so far?

Complaining about facts that have yet to be proven is nothing but whining.

You're like the little kid who's crying about a gift he's not getting even though your paretns never said anything about it and Christmas is still a few months away.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 02:09 PM
it's not me saying so- it's Ralph's own record suggesting it.
Ralph record has shown that he's done good and bad decisions. Do You have facts whatsoever that the decisions he's made this season are bad? Answer me.

Again, is it wrong for any of us to wait for facts before we decide?

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 02:10 PM
OP if Dick and Price start sucking , it's because there are facts already. Not before then. Are you following me so far?

Complaining about facts that have yet to be proven is nothing but whining.

You're like the little kid who's crying about a gift he's not getting even though your paretns never said anything about it and Christmas is still a few months away.

and the rest of you are like the kids whose parents both got laid off and have been unemployed for 6 months but you still think you're getting an Xbox 360 and 10 games for Christmas.

Price's and Jauron's records are NOT good. That's plenty reason for concern. If I'm wrong, I'll suck it up and admit that I'm wrong. I don't see where the problem is.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 02:14 PM
and the rest of you are like the kids whose parents both got laid off and have been unemployed for 6 months but you still think you're getting an Xbox 360 and 10 games for Christmas..
Don't be stupid. I'd ask my parents first if it's a possibility that I could get one and go from there. Your parents haven't said anything and you crying your brians out. Just so you know, I don't play video games.

Price's and Jauron's records are NOT good. That's plenty reason for concern. If I'm wrong, I'll suck it up and admit that I'm wrong. I don't see where the problem is.perfect definition of a bandwagon jumper.

Now that you've admittedly said you'd keep trashing your team until they get better , that's a perfect definition of a fairweathered fan.

I've wasted my time with your stupid posts but it's been fun laghing at you.

BTW, why don't you start cheering for the team that picked up Posey?

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Don't be stupid. I'd ask my parents first if it's a possibility that I could get one and go from there. Your parents haven't said anything and you crying your brians out.

perfect definition of a bandwagon jumper.

Now that you've admittedly said you'd keep trashing your team, that's a perfect definition of a fairweathered fan.

I've wasted my time with your stupid posts but it's been fun laghing at you.

BTW, why don't you start cheering for the team that picked up Posey?

for the last time, i don't care about Posey. I do care that the only guy behind Spikes is Wendell Hunter.

Again, why I am a bandwagon jumper for not criticizing people who help my team do well? Being wrong is NOT the same as being a bandwagon jumper.

Why am I a bandwagon jumper for getting mad when I see the team making moves that I don't think will help them win?

FlyingDutchman
09-05-2006, 02:24 PM
you dont give criticism, you whine about things that have yet to happen. Placing you opinion on everyone else who would rather be excited for the season and let things unfold first. Youre like Randy Quades(murdered that spelling) character in Major League. We should just tear down the Ralph and turn it into a parking lot right?

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 02:27 PM
We should just tear down the Ralph and turn it into a parking lot right?

no, then I wouldn't have anything to whine about.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 02:28 PM
Again, why I am a bandwagon jumper for not criticizing people who help my team do well? Being wrong is NOT the same as being a bandwagon jumper.

Why am I a bandwagon jumper for getting mad when I see the team making moves that I don't think will help them win?

You'll blast them and when things go right you're on the wagon. Bandwagon jumper.

you are getting mad with WHAT YOU THINK instead of having facts. You're judge ,jury, executioner and when proven to be wrong.... "i'll admit I'm wrong". Doesn't work that way homey.

BTW answer the question,
"Again, is it wrong for any of us to wait for facts before we decide? "

is it too hard?

jmb1099
09-05-2006, 02:32 PM
I thought that OP's assesment was decent. Anderson continues to be a mystery to me, but he did do well against the starters.
As far as the season goes I understand all of the factors everyone is looking at to predict our outcome and I understand why a negative conclusion is reached, believe me I get it. But the patriots have as many, if not more questions, than we do. That being said, I'm not saying we will beat them, but I'm not willing to say that they will certainly beat us either. If anything we will learn not only a lot about the Bills this game, but a lot about the Pats as well.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 02:33 PM
You'll blast them and when things go right you're on the wagon. Bandwagon jumper.

you are getting mad with WHAT YOU THINK instead of having facts. You're judge ,jury, executioner and when proven to be wrong.... "i'll admit I'm wrong". Doesn't work that way homey.

BTW answer the question,
"Again, is it wrong for any of us to wait for facts before we decide? "

is it too hard?

Is it wrong to wait for facts before you decide? I guess not, but it wouldn't kill you to have an opinion one way or the other. It's not like we're guessing out of thin air on this stuff.

I don't understand why blasting bad decisions and cheering good ones is jumping a bandwagon. It seems like a perfectly reasonable response to me- I'm happy when this team does well and I'm pissed when they do poorly. That's what being a fan is.

Bandwagon fans aren't pissed when the team does poorly- they just aren't there at all when they do poorly.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Is it wrong to wait for facts before you decide? I guess not, but it wouldn't kill you to have an opinion one way or the other. It's not like we're guessing out of thin air on this stuff. .
having an opinion is fine , trashing them withoput facts and saying "I'm a loyal fan"is another thing.

I don't understand why blasting bad decisions and cheering good ones is jumping a bandwagon. It seems like a perfectly reasonable response to me- I'm happy when this team does well and I'm pissed when they do poorly. That's what being a fan is. .

because it pisses you off when we don't share your opinion. Like when we are excited , you get yopur panties all in a bunch. That's the difference. Just because we're not miserable about the team like you are, doesn't mean we're wrong.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 02:41 PM
having an opinion is fine , trashing them withoput facts and saying "I'm a loyal fan"is another thing.

because it pisses you off when we don't share your opinion. Like when we are excited , you get yopur panties all in a bunch. That's the difference. Just because we're not miserable about the team like you are, doesn't mean we're wrong.

If I don't think they're good enough, I will trash them. I want the team to win and I don't like seeing coaches/players that appear as though they're not good enough being added. I am, however, willing to admit my mistakes if I trash someone prematurely.

It means I think you're wrong. We'll have to wait and see who's right.

Of course, if I'm right the Bills will be losing, so being right is hardly any consolation.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 02:48 PM
If I don't think they're good enough, I will trash them. . Translation" I who have never held an NFL job will trash the team because of my OPINION and not because I have facts ".

Haha! Nuff said, fairweathered fan.At least I know who's I'm voting for as far as dumbest post this year.

There's hope for skooby , you?

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Translation" I who have never held an NFL job will trash the team because of my OPINION and not because I have facts ".

Haha! Nuff said, fairweathered fan.At least I know who's I'm voting for as far as dumbest post this year.

There's hope for skooby , you?

Once again, why does trashing someone based on opinion make me a fairweathered fan? Where does it say that fans cannot have negative opinions? Am I supposed to say good things about someone I think of negatively? That's counterintuitive.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 02:54 PM
obviously you and WillisMcNasty have negative opinions of me, and I don't see either of you lining up to sing my praises...

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 03:03 PM
obviously you and WillisMcNasty have negative opinions of me, and I don't see either of you lining up to sing my praises...
well you do keep me entertained. :up: