PDA

View Full Version : A guy that would be a huge addition to our team..

Tatonka
09-05-2006, 06:44 AM
i try not to be the guy who screams "LETS SIGN THIS GUY!!!" everytime someone gets cut..

but this guy is an exception..

when he was a free agent i was all about signing him, i think we ended up with sam adams instead... Robeir Smith

he is a pentetrating DT that would be a perfect fit for us and a huge huge upgrade over anderson..

i still cant believe that he got cut.. you would have at least thought he would be trade bait. he is healthy, and actually sirus radio reports that at training camp, they noted he was in the best shape of his life.

I would love to see Chad Lavalais as well, who was just cut from Atlanta.. he didnt fit the style of D they run either, but would be a great fit here..

it is frustrating, because i have no faith in anderson, but the only reason he is starting is because both guys behind him are rooks.

neither one of these DT would be bank breakers in the least, but both would be solid upgrades.

come on marv.. you know lines win games! make it happen.

Ebenezer
09-05-2006, 06:46 AM
i try not to be the guy who screams "LETS SIGN THIS GUY!!!" everytime someone gets cut..

but this guy is an exception..

when he was a free agent.. Robeir Smith

he is a pentetrating DT that would be a perfect fit for us and a huge huge upgrade over anderson..

I would love to see Chad Lavalais as well, who was just cut from Atlanta.. he didnt fit the style of D they run either, but would be a great fit here..

it is frustrating, because i have no faith in anderson, but the only reason he is starting is because both guys behind him are rooks.

neither one of these DT would be bank breakers in the least, but both would be solid upgrades.

come on marv.. you know lines win games! make it happen.
it might be a case where they sign guys after week 1...if a player is a vested vet and signed before the first game then his salary is guarenteed.

Tatonka
09-05-2006, 06:50 AM
i hope your right!

but even so, we can afford to take him on.. we still have room.. and it could mean extra wins.. because it will be harder for guys to run the ball down our throat.

Ickybaluky
09-05-2006, 07:54 AM
Smith is reportedly visiting Tennessee, where he played before signing with Houston.

patmoran2006
09-05-2006, 04:13 PM
Just signed with the Titans, yep

Tatonka
09-05-2006, 11:17 PM
son of a...

Kerr
09-06-2006, 08:52 AM
son of a...

it happens....

DraftBoy
09-06-2006, 12:24 PM
Would love to see Lavalais here, he has some weight issues, but he's a real disrupter.

Tatonka
09-06-2006, 12:33 PM
yeah, i would be happy with him as well.

THATHURMANATOR
09-06-2006, 12:45 PM
If he has weight issues is he a quick penetrator that this D calls for?

THATHURMANATOR
09-06-2006, 12:46 PM
I did agree on R smith though T.