PDA

View Full Version : MY AFC Predictions

patmoran2006
09-05-2006, 08:17 AM
Short version. I"m currently slacking at work and looking to kill a little time--though I have put a lot of thought into this. I'll have to check back in late-December and see how I did.

My predictons for the 2006 NFL Season for the AFC

AFC East
New England (11-5): Like the Atlanta Braves, they are going to be winning this division for a while, as long as Brady is the QB and Bellicheck the coach. Team lost some good players, but with Brady and that stud DL they still have more than enough to win division.

Miami (10-6): I'd have them winning the division if not for a suspect secondary. This team is one year away from being a Super Bowl team.

Buffalo (4-12): Could be the best 4-12 team in history, but their lack of experience, 20 new players, a new system on both sides of the ball and new coaching staff on the roster results in numerous close loses. Fans should judge this team based on the maturity of Losman and some of the young defenders rather than Wins and losses.

New York Jets (3-13): This team just sucks across the board, though Brick and Mangold are brilliant pieces for a future DEADLY OL.

AFC North
Cincinnati: (12-4) As long as Palmer stays healthy, with an improved defense this team is the class of the AFC.

Baltimore (10-6): McNair is your comeback player of the year. Reed and Lewis are healthy again on defense.

Pittsburgh (7-9): Just a gut feeling.

Cleveland (6-10) Still a year away from being any good. Frye must continue to develop.

AFC South
Indianapolis (11-5): Got a feeling Manning is going to have a ridiculous monster year.

Jacksonville (9-7) Just not a Byron Leftwich fan, and I hate their receievers.. Love their DT's though.

Houston (8-8): Pushovers no more, this is one of the better up-and-coming teams in the league.

Tennessee (5-11) Not one of the better up-and-coming teams in the league.

AFC West
Kansas City (11-5) Larry Johnson = NFL MVP, Improved defense = division title.

San Diego (9-7): Phillip Rivers better than expected, WR's are not.

Denver (9-7): Lack of a running game (for once in Denver history) will hurt them.

Oakland (6-10): Can't put any stock into a team led by Aaron Brooks. However, they have potential to be this year's AFC's Chicago Bears.

WILD CARDS: Miami and Baltimore
AFC Championship: Cincinnati over New England.

mybills
09-05-2006, 08:22 AM
Short version. I"m currently slacking at work and looking to kill a little time--though I have put a lot of thought into this. I'll have to check back in late-December and see how I did.

My predictons for the 2006 NFL Season for the AFC

AFC East
New England (11-5): Like the Atlanta Braves, they are going to be winning this division for a while, as long as Brady is the QB and Bellicheck the coach. Team lost some good players, but with Brady and that stud DL they still have more than enough to win division.

Miami (10-6): I'd have them winning the division if not for a suspect secondary. This team is one year away from being a Super Bowl team.

Buffalo (4-12): Could be the best 4-12 team in history, but their lack of experience, 20 new players, a new system on both sides of the ball and new coaching staff on the roster results in numerous close loses. Fans should judge this team based on the maturity of Losman and some of the young defenders rather than Wins and losses.

New York Jets (3-13): This team just sucks across the board, though Brick and Mangold are brilliant pieces for a future DEADLY OL.

AFC North
Cincinnati: (12-4) As long as Palmer stays healthy, with an improved defense this team is the class of the AFC.

Baltimore (10-6): McNair is your comeback player of the year. Reed and Lewis are healthy again on defense.

Pittsburgh (7-9): Just a gut feeling.

Cleveland (6-10) Still a year away from being any good. Frye must continue to develop.

AFC South
Indianapolis (11-5): Got a feeling Manning is going to have a ridiculous monster year.

Jacksonville (9-7) Just not a Byron Leftwich fan, and I hate their receievers.. Love their DT's though.

Houston (8-8): Pushovers no more, this is one of the better up-and-coming teams in the league.

Tennessee (5-11) Not one of the better up-and-coming teams in the league.

AFC West
Kansas City (11-5) Larry Johnson = NFL MVP, Improved defense = division title.

San Diego (9-7): Phillip Rivers better than expected, WR's are not.

Denver (9-7): Lack of a running game (for once in Denver history) will hurt them.

Oakland (6-10): Can't put any stock into a team led by Aaron Brooks. However, they have potential to be this year's AFC's Chicago Bears.

WILD CARDS: Miami and Baltimore
AFC Championship: Cincinnati over New England.

ok, now I can see it.

BillsNick
09-05-2006, 08:24 AM
Worst predictions ever! :snicker:

Inetpub
09-05-2006, 08:24 AM
I love it how the Bills are the best 4-12 team ever and the Jets at 3-13 just plain suck. lol.

Thats like calling a cow, a duck to its face. I LOVE IT!

RedEyE
09-05-2006, 08:26 AM
It's way too early to tell, but I just don't see the Pats as AFC Championship contenders.

BillsNick
09-05-2006, 08:27 AM
I like the "Pittsburg 7-9 Just my gut feeling" :rofl:

patmoran2006
09-05-2006, 08:38 AM
I like the "Pittsburg 7-9 Just my gut feeling" :rofl:

If your gonna put someone else's direct sentence in a quote, spell it right.. I spelled Pittsburgh properly, thanks.

Big Ben is ailing, Betis is a huge loss in the locker room, I dont like their WR's outside of Ward, they lost a good safety in Hope--and I think they're going to struggle. Is that really going out on a limb that much?

patmoran2006
09-05-2006, 08:39 AM
I love it how the Bills are the best 4-12 team ever and the Jets at 3-13 just plain suck. lol.

Thats like calling a cow, a duck to its face. I LOVE IT!

How so?

Buffalo has a lot of YOUNG talent that I think just needs time to gel and some more seasoning. A team like that can easily got 4-12 and still be considered on the upside.

The Jets on the other hand not only suck, but they have far too many veterans who don't have upside, unlike the Bills. For that reason mainly, I call them a SUCKY 3-13 team, while Buffalo is a totally DIFFERENT 4-12 team.

BillsNick
09-05-2006, 08:44 AM
If your gonna put someone else's direct sentence in a quote, spell it right.. I spelled Pittsburgh properly, thanks.

Big Ben is ailing, Betis is a huge loss in the locker room, I dont like their WR's outside of Ward, they lost a good safety in Hope--and I think they're going to struggle. Is that really going out on a limb that much?

Thank you sooo much for correcting my spelling. Thank god you caught that!

By the way, you spelled Bettis wrong. If you're going to post about someone, spell it right. I spelled Bettis properly.

And yes, it is a ******ed prediction.

BlackMetalNinja
09-05-2006, 08:44 AM
Good god I hate to admit it, but I think you're pretty well on except for a few things. Pittsburgh will struggle a bit, but have a better record than that. Houston will improve, but not quite that much either, more like 6-10 in my eyes.

If Carson Palmer can stay healthy, I really do think Cinncy will be on top of the conference at the end of the year too.

Now, how about the much, much more difficult to predict NFC?

patmoran2006
09-05-2006, 08:51 AM

By the way, you spelled Bettis wrong. If you're going to post about someone, spell it right. I spelled Bettis properly.

And yes, it is a ******ed prediction.
How about I say the "bus" and we're even..

Look, defending champs or not, I dont have to like Pittsburgh. They have holes from FA losses, I hated their draft with a passion; and Big Ben is suddenly a huge question mark at QB. They play Baltimore and Cinci four times and I like both of those teams more.

And for the record, they are called "Predictions." If you're so brilliant, why dont you throw down some of your own instead of bashing, and we'll save this thread and re-visit it at the end of the year.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 09:07 AM

And yes, it is a ******ed prediction.:up:
BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inetpub
09-05-2006, 09:10 AM
How so?

Buffalo has a lot of YOUNG talent that I think just needs time to gel and some more seasoning. A team like that can easily got 4-12 and still be considered on the upside.

The Jets on the other hand not only suck, but they have far too many veterans who don't have upside, unlike the Bills. For that reason mainly, I call them a SUCKY 3-13 team, while Buffalo is a totally DIFFERENT 4-12 team.

True. Very True but a it can also be reverse as teams usually win with vets and lose with young talent. Theres no telling whats going to happen.

I just liked how we are the best 4-12 team and the jets suck at 3-13. Thats really only 1 win. lol. Vs. the JETS Im guessing. Any way you see it, 4-12 still sucks. 8-8 would be good.

BillsNick
09-05-2006, 09:13 AM
How about I say the "bus" and we're even..

Look, defending champs or not, I dont have to like Pittsburgh. They have holes from FA losses, I hated their draft with a passion; and Big Ben is suddenly a huge question mark at QB. They play Baltimore and Cinci four times and I like both of those teams more.

And for the record, they are called "Predictions." If you're so brilliant, why dont you throw down some of your own instead of bashing, and we'll save this thread and re-visit it at the end of the year.

Why do you keep whispering?

patmoran2006
09-05-2006, 09:19 AM
I cut and paste from my email at work and it shows up like that for some reason.. I do it so I'm on the "internet" less at work.

and INE...
The Jets have lots of vets.. problem is most of them blow. I'd much rather be Buffalo than New York right now, even if we only win one more game this year.........The jets got NOTHING but Vilma and a pair of stud rookie OL

jamze132
09-05-2006, 09:56 AM
If Denver goes 9-7, I will give you a bunch of zonebucks. They will be at least 11-5.

North_Coast
09-05-2006, 10:04 AM
I have a couple of disagreements with your list:

If Miami's only problem was its secondary, they might go 10-6, but with LJ Shelton at LT, Rex Hadnot at C, and Bennie Anderson at RG, they aren't like to make the playoffs. This oline has looked poor in preseason and has shown little improvement. Also, Saban has kept Culpepper pretty much under wraps which raises the question of how long can he go?

I don't think Pitt goes 7-9 and Baltimore 10-6. McNair is not God (that's Teddi Bruschi). I could see both teams going 9-7, but I think Pitt goes at least 10-6. Like NE, the rumors of their demise is greatly exaggerated, although I do think that Cinci will give them a run for their money and might win it.

HAMMER
09-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Another dumby backing the lowly Fish. I think you and many others are in for a rude awakening. Their front seven on defense is aged, their O-Line is suspect at best. I just don't see them being that good. I think we see the opposite of last year from the Fish, decent start and a slow finish. They will break down late in the season, mark my words.

patmoran2006
09-05-2006, 02:50 PM
I"ll be happy if your right.

There are three things in life I really hate.

1) My Baby Momma
2) red Sox
3) Dolphins.

Mitchy moo
10-08-2006, 10:25 AM
Miami (10-6): I'd have them winning the division if not for a suspect secondary. This team is one year away from being a Super Bowl team

What do you think about this now Pat, like to change your mind?