PDA

View Full Version : Sportsline Power Rankings

Kenny
09-05-2006, 09:52 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 id=rank vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle rowSpan=2>http://images.nfl.com/images/gamecenter/60x50/BUF.gif</TD><TD align=middle>28</TD><TD align=middle>Bills (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/page/BUF) · Trends (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/rankings/BUF)</TD><TD align=middle>-</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=txt vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left colSpan=3>Here's a team that should be good on defense, but might struggle to get good quarterback play. That's why they're down here. It's all about quarterback play.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I think it's fair... Personally I would have the Bills ranked @ 22 just behind the Vikings...
IMO we're better than the Texans, Packers, Saints, Lions, Raiders, and possibly the Rams. But then again, until our offense (and defense) proves that they're for real, #28 is fair... that is until after we kick the crap out of the Patriots!

ddaryl
09-05-2006, 09:59 AM
28th until we prove otherwise.

I think we're going to have a better then expected season. Maybe not playoff worthy, but IMO a real reason to be excited about our future.

At least I hope, but I saw some things this preseason that does have me feeling better then I did when training camp started.

ICE74129
09-05-2006, 10:43 AM
I think he is another media ****** that hasn't seen what JP has acomplished this offseason.

Screw all of them. I have quit reading their crap and quit watching pregame shows.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 10:46 AM
the placement is correct IMO.

The reasoning is not. Our O will be better than our D this year. The DL is the biggest hole on this team.

Saratoga Slim
09-05-2006, 10:56 AM
the placement is correct IMO.

The reasoning is not. Our O will be better than our D this year. The DL is the biggest hole on this team.

I'm OK with the placement, for now. I optimistically believe that 18-22 is a more accurate ranking based on some signs of life from our offense in the preseason, but the bottom line is JP, the OL, and DL are all question marks until proven otherwise. I think JP is going to surprise some people with significant improvement this year, and I think the OL, if starters remain healthy (b/c we have no depth), will prove serviceable enough to anchor a reasonably successful offense. I also think that the DL has potential to be an upgrade frmo last year if a) the new system works and b) the rookies contribute big time.

But until they show it for sure, its hard to confidently predict that we'll be able to throw the ball or stop the run. In summary, I think we should be currently ranked low based on the question marks, but I think the team has a lot of upside and with a little luck should finish a good step up from 28th.

feelthepain
09-05-2006, 11:43 AM
I think he is another media ****** that hasn't seen what JP has acomplished this offseason.

Screw all of them. I have quit reading their crap and quit watching pregame shows.

I've seen every preseason game of the Bills this year, JP had a better preseason this year then last year, but he's far from what he needs to be to be just a good QB. You can't look at preseason as anything other then preseason. JP didn't play a whole game much less a whole game against anyones starters. The Bills have a crapload of question marks at this point and 28th is fair to start the season.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 11:55 AM
I was hoping they'd rank us at 32 and by the end of the season, we'll be at top 10 wooohoooo!!!!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Meathead
09-05-2006, 12:21 PM
at this point 28 looks too low to me with 21 being just about right

even at last years final standings they would be at 25 and i think this team should be a couple wins better at a minimum

im basing that on a) improvements made at the ol, wlb and qb spots b) the return of spikes c) the track record of the defensive prowess of the dick d) what currently appears to be a relatively easy schedule and e) the elimination of boneheaded coaching

that should put them at 8-8. injuries will be key, even more than usual due to the very green depth in many spots, so if the bills get lucky and stay relatively healthy they could challenge for a playoffs spot

optimistic? sure but not completely unreasonable. i tell myself