PDA

View Full Version : 2 New starters on the Bills depth chart

BILLSROCK1212
09-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Josh Reed is listed is the Bills starting WR opposite Lee Evans and Kyle Williams is listed is the starting RDT. Any thoughts?

Jan Reimers
09-05-2006, 01:57 PM
I don't really understand Reed over Price, because I think Price has the speed to really challenge opposing Ds. Williams outperformed Anderson in preseason, by most accounts.

What's really good, though, is that KH is not one of the new starters.

deathadder
09-05-2006, 02:01 PM
I don't really understand Reed over Price, because I think Price has the speed to really challenge opposing Ds. Williams outperformed Anderson in preseason, by most accounts.

What's really good, though, is that KH is not one of the new starters.

Reed is a better blocker than Price. Reed will probably be in on most of the running plays. They will use Price when they spread out the offense with more WR sets. Kyle Williams being a starter does not matter much because they will be Rotating the linemen frequently.

RedEyE
09-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Arrrrggghhh..I'm so f'n tired of Reed.

Jan Reimers
09-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Reed is a better blocker than Price. Reed will probably be in on most of the running plays. They will use Price when they spread out the offense with more WR sets. Kyle Williams being a starter does not matter much because they will be Rotating the linemen frequently.
I know Reed is a better blocker, but with Shelton at FB and Royal at TE, I think we have plenty of run blocking. I really feel an Evans/Price WR set causes a lot more problems to opposing Ds, and better utilizes JP's talents. I would actually like to see Parrish as our 3rd WR because of his speed, and Reed only in limited situations where short dumpoffs are in order.

THATHURMANATOR
09-05-2006, 02:25 PM
I like Reed!

BillsNick
09-05-2006, 02:28 PM
This is just a formality. We will see plenty of price.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 02:37 PM
I'm glad Anderson got benched- the less he's on the field, the better the D will be.

bigbub2352
09-05-2006, 02:55 PM
I really hope that Reed is out there only on obvious blocking situations, he is a bum, i cant believe we still got him, all it will take is one drop and he is lost for season, Tim Anderson, is a better back up then a starter, glad to see Kyle ahead of him he out worked him in the preseason

M
09-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Well, as Jauron said about McGahee - he only knows "this year's" RB. He didn't know Willis last year so he can't comment. I guess (hope!) the same goes for Reed. Eventually, and I'm saying a game or two - he'll figure out that Reed's preseason and regular season games are two, totally different things!

HHURRICANE
09-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Josh Reed is listed is the Bills starting WR opposite Lee Evans and Kyle Williams is listed is the starting RDT. Any thoughts?

Holcomb hasn't moved yet. Told you he was the backup.

They are probably leaving Reed at #2 so NE gameplans for him instead of Price!

acehole
09-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Arrrrggghhh..I'm so f'n tired of Reed.

I like it .....reed is a better blocker......and Price will be a better slot reciever (Faster).
He would be hard to cover with a nickle back.

Tatonka
09-05-2006, 04:05 PM
I like Reed!

me 2:bandwagon

R. Rich
09-05-2006, 04:09 PM
What's w/ the Photoshopped pic, Tatonka? Just get the kid a JPD uni already. Now.

Meathead
09-05-2006, 04:53 PM
reed and price will effectively platoon the number two spot depending on down and distance. they are listing reed first because he has the longer continuous service to the team

they will have designed plays to royal and mcgahee for things like center and flat screens with reed a designated outside blocking weapon to free them up for the chunk plays

reed is also a good third down receiver. check out his very high percentage of catches for first downs

price is a perimeter guy who will be used to keep the corner and safety on his side toward the edge of the field. they have to respect the speed that he and evans possess, which will free up some space for play action and draws to mcgahee

and on three or four wideout sets reed will move inside, along with mcgahee or parrish

and for the time being im going to break my self-imposed ban on negging to include people who call reed a bum. youre entitled to your opinion, even if its stupid, but i gotta draw the line there

josh reed is my adopt-a-bill and i dont give a damn we dont do that here

Michael82
09-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Josh Reed does better in the slot. Like everyone says, I think this is a formality, but Price will see more action in the passing situations.

justasportsfan
09-05-2006, 06:27 PM
reed is also a good third down receiver. check out his very high percentage of catches for first downs

they are hatin' on Reed because they are disappointed he's not a no.2. I'm happy with him as a no. 3:bandwagon

G. Host
09-05-2006, 07:04 PM
I think Reed being a former RB is a better slot receiver and Price, being unwilling to take a hit, is better at tip toeing the out-of-bounds marker. My guess is that Willis or Royal will motion outside and let Reed due crossover routes (watch the hands!) and try to cut off persuit. Price can not handle that roll in offense hence Reed will be starter until defenses stop cheating and JP will have time to make longer throws to Price.

Michael82
09-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Just for the record, Bowen is still listed as starter, so this depth chart is not final. They havent released it yet.

Night Train
09-07-2006, 11:16 AM
Price is the #2 WR . The local news ( Ch.4 ) said the Bills announced him as the starter.

Michael82
09-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Price is the #2 WR . The local news ( Ch.4 ) said the Bills announced him as the starter.
:phew:

Now i'm just waiting for them to announce that Donte Whitner is the starter at SS. :pray: