PDA

View Full Version : New addition to the Buffalo Bills

BILLSROCK1212
09-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Bills | Meadow signed to the practice squad
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 14:35:56 -0700
Chris Brown, of <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/124">BuffaloBills.com, reports the Buffalo Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl) have signed free agent OL Robin Meadow (http://www.kffl.com/player/13958/nfl) (Ravens) to their practice squad.

anyone have any insight on this guy?

Night Train
09-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Not even listed on NFL.com

Robin Meadow ? Isn't that a bird sanctuary in Orchard Park ?

ublinkwescore
09-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Is he related to the Lady's Man Tim Meadows?

Night Train
09-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Is he related to the Lady's Man Tim Meadows?

He was funny as hell in that role.

TigerJ
09-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Gee, the Ravens are turning into a regular offensive lineman pipeline. Bennie Anderson had been with the Ravens before Buffalo had picked him up. Wasn't Jason Thomas a Raven? I think there was one more Raven reject who hooked up with the Bills for a while as a reserve guard. With a record like that it's no wonder the Bills went back to the well.

Note: I have now taken my tongue back out of my cheek.

John Doe
09-05-2006, 05:46 PM
He's versatile - a good quality to have in a practice squad player.

OpIv37
09-05-2006, 05:52 PM
I don't know anything about the guy but I do know that our backup OL's lack experience, so from that standpoint it can't hurt to add someone who's been around a little more.

TigerJ
09-05-2006, 09:24 PM
He hasn't been around, Op. By rule, practice squad players can't have been around very long. Meadow is an undrafted rookie free agent this year.

TigerJ
09-05-2006, 09:32 PM
I was thinking he might have been Tom Selleck's mysterious benefactor of Magnum PI, but I looked it up and that's Robin Masters. Close, but no cigar.

Dozerdog
09-05-2006, 09:52 PM
I don't want my football players that have two girl first names.

"Robin Meadow" sounds like two chicks who own a flower shop.

Mr. Cynical
09-06-2006, 12:14 AM
Oh, THIS will definitely help our oline.

The Spaz
09-06-2006, 12:49 AM
I know why can't we have an outstanding practice squad?!:shakeno:

LifetimeBillsFan
09-06-2006, 02:27 AM
Here's his pre-draft profile from nflfans.com draft site:

"Robin Meadow

Position:
OG

College:
Washington

Projected Selection:
Round6

Height: 6'5"
Weight: 324
40Time: 5.34
ATTRIBUTE SCORE
SIZE 9 out of 10
SPEED 6 out of 10
STRENGTH 8 out of 10
ATHLETICISM 7 out of 10
XFACTOR 6 out of 10

EXCHANGE VALUE

Draft Exchange Analysis:
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Washington: <o:p></o:p>
2004: A two-time letterwinner ... started 10 of 11 games at strongside tackle, including the final 10 games of the year ... helped the Huskies rank second in the Pac-10 by allowing just 23 sacks ... was originally a strongside guard before a injury forced him out of the lineup in 2003. 2003: Played in the first two games of 2003 before suffering a knee injury ... started against Indiana ... missed spring drills due to injury. 2002: Spent most of the season as a backup to Nick Newton at strong tackle, but started two games (at USC and Arizona State) in Newton's stead ... also a regular on special teams ... appeared in a total of six games on the offensive line ... named a coaches' offensive player of the game after win over Arizona ... helped the UW lead the Pac-10 in passing offense and finish third in total offense ... named to The Sporting News' freshman All-Pac-10 team ... a recipient of the UW's Travis Spring Most Outstanding Freshman Award at the team's postseason awards banquet. 2001: Redshirted the season ... was terrific on scout team, earning Bob Jarvis Offensive Scout of the Year honors at the team's postseason banquet. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
High School and Personal: Parents are Iris, a VP of Business Development for GE Capital, and Howard, a computer sales consultant ... has an older brother, Ian ... tore his ACL in the fourth game of his senior season, a 31-28 win over state rival Mater Dei ... missed the rest of the season, and had surgery on Nov. 7 .…”
http://www.nflfans.com/x/2006/showprospect.php?key=Robin%20Meadow

This site had him rated as the 16th Offensive Guard in this year's draft. As a basis of comparison, this site gave the highest rated OG, Spencer, a 71.5 Exchange Value and Jason Spitz, it's 10th rated OG who will be starting for the Packers this year, a 42.5 Exchange Value

Obviously, this is only from one website, so other sites might have had a different take on Meadow's potential. There are other draft sites that I find more informative, but this one still had Meadow's info on it. Also, it should be noted that this site had Brad Butler rated as its 22nd offensive tackle and did not even list Terrance Pennington or Aaron Merz as being available.

TigerJ
09-06-2006, 08:31 AM
While my posts on Meadow, may seem negative, I really don't feel that strongly about him. Practice squad members rarely matter. I don't really care about his college background. If he ever does anything meaningful for the Bills, it's going to be 2 or 3 years down the road minimum. Maybe he has enough smarts and athleticism for McNally to mold him into something. Maybe not. It's no great loss if he doesn't. There'll be someone else to develop down the road.