PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think we could have done better with the Practice Squad??

bigbub2352
09-06-2006, 09:14 AM
This will be my first negative posts in awhile, but it does seem to me that the new DJ era has put little stock into some of the guys on the PS there a few players on here that i really question

1. Fred Jackson- at what point did this guy do anything other than NFLE to show he belongs on an NFL roster, i truly believe that lionel gates should have had this spot, even after i thought he should have been on the regular roster over tiny shaud williams, anyways, i watched camp at St john fisher, as well as all the preseason games he is slow, not shifty and doesnt seem to have alot of power to move the pile, i think we could have done better with him off of someone elses roster and definetly with gates

2. Robin Meadow- this guy was a bum in baltimore, he only got some action in the 4th quarter and was part of the first string of cuts, he wasnt drafted which shows that he is a project but he himself even said the bills didnt even work him out, i dont question his potential just were did this guy come from, there wasnt anyone else outhere

3. Jason Jefferson- this guy is awful he played in alot of the preseason games and was consistently pushed around, has no rush moves was already cut by two teams before we signed him last year, and then we cut him this year and here he is back on the practice squad, no one lese out there with maybe a litle more upside example Orein Harris DT

4. CJ Leak is a project but my question here is how do u sign a guy to your practice squad that hasnt done anythin in two years wasnt drafted and doesnt have a clear cut position, then we also have Brad Czeislak, who looked awful all preseason on the PS as well, so we are really looking to imrpove our TE situation i guess,

What i am truly saying here is that i am glad to see Eric Bassey, George Wilson and Ryan Neil these guys showed potential in the preseason, also they were playing, in my opinion that is kinda important, i would take it as a slap in the face to some of the guys we cut like Liam Ezkeil, Lionel Gates guys who really put it out there and then get cut, and they see a team sign a street FA, who never even played the postion other than a couple of snaps in college, Hey if he turns into the next Antionio Gates i will eat my words no problem just concerned is all

Jan Reimers
09-06-2006, 09:33 AM
I agree. Neill, Wilson, Cieslak, and Bassey seem worth keeping. I was hoping for Hunter, 2 O-Linemen (but not Meadow), and Goldsberry to round out the squad.

Mr. Miyagi
09-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Gates and Nance too.

bigbub2352
09-06-2006, 09:46 AM
I am not trying to bash, but what about how young our oline is and dline is awfully thin, i just thought we could have done better, i agree jon goldsberry who is suppossed to be an outstanding ST and we have no back up on roster for Damion Shelton, I would have liked to see Nance here as well considering our tallest receiver is 5'10. also Chris Denney, and to be honest i like Justin Geislinger as well to be on PS, it is just weird some of the guys we are putting on here

G. Host
09-06-2006, 11:15 AM
I am not trying to bash, but what about how young our oline is and dline is awfully thin, i just thought we could have done better, i agree jon goldsberry who is suppossed to be an outstanding ST and we have no back up on roster for Damion Shelton, I would have liked to see Nance here as well considering our tallest receiver is 5'10. also Chris Denney, and to be honest i like Justin Geislinger as well to be on PS, it is just weird some of the guys we are putting on here

A rule I was taught when debating was that when spmeone starts a debate with stretching the truth you know the case is weak. Our tallest is 6'2" (Aiken) followed by 6'1" (Davis). The PS is not automatic and Nance may not have wanted to be put unto it and may have choose to try his luck elsewhere into the lineup. No one picked him up for active roster so he is not as good as some on this board judge him.

bigbub2352
09-06-2006, 12:51 PM
Nice post, i dont count sam aiken because he is a ST player that we call a WR, and he doesnt catch anything in the real season, sorry the other 4 receivers the ones that will be on the feild are all 5 10 or shorter, sorry i guess you never heard of guilty by association, any way i dont believe the whole post was about Martin Nance, but i guess i could see how you looked at it that way